Good morning and TGIF!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
My exercise class whipped my butt last night. I get so tired and sore. I ended up using my ankle weights for the first time and had to take them off for the second set---just couldn't do it. lol I made a braised Mexican beef stew last night---it cooked in the oven for 4 hours. I had never reconstituted dried chilies before and cooked with them---very deep flavor. Dh loved it.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I had a nice day with DSis yesterday. Nothing interesting enough to buy but walking in store was good for us. Hair done and lunch out is always nice!!

Annett- DD6 was just nervous. It'll get better.

Eliza- No, I haven't seen Fox in 2 mon. I asked if we could visit this weekend but the different time parameters available to us were a little complicated and I don't know if we will even try. Happy you're feeling better.

Mary- You're doing great!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- Proud of you for taking exercise class! As usual, your food sounds wonderful!!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

OK, not hungry at all. Feel full. I want to eat!!?? So what is that?? Every evening I go thru this. Just want to munch on something. Whyyyyyyy?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #126

Hi. Worked, came home, had a quick lunch, went to the bank and Sam's club. I don't like big warehouse clubs, really don't like them. Bleck! Oh well, it's done and I'm home.

Tonight is our first fb game. DS most likely won't be playing since he was hurt until recently. He just started practicing again instead of doing the therapy. He still can't hit/one on one so I'm not going. My dh is working late, ds18 is at work and I don't want to go alone. I'll watch it on the computer though.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hi

I have that too....just "wanting" something to munch on. I find that chewing gum helps....or just grabbing a couple pieces of lunchmeat and cheese to make a couple roll ups with pickle, mayo and mustard. Just a few of these and I'm good

Well, I SCORED today. I went to Safeway and I don't shop there unless there is a good sale. I have to be careful with my food stamps to make them stretch so I bough multiples of things that were cheap:

Cheerios (various flavors) - 5 boxes. Got them for a little more than $1 per box.
Various fruit snacks/roll ups - 5 boxes. Got them for under $1 each.
Ragu Alfredo sauce - 6 jars - $1.19 each
Fiber one granola bars - 5 boxes - under $1 each.
and other things.

I took home 48 items for a total of $82.38 cents (this included ground beef, salad, mushrooms, cheese, Gortons Fish Fillets, Atkins Frozen Dinners, whipped cream, gelatin and other things I can't think of.) and my savings on the bottom was $81.98 (counting club card specials and coupons...) so I have almost 50% off.

Though I have done better...but 50% is pretty good. Plus my kids have cheerios and granola bars for about 2-3 months now. Best part is it only took about 30 minutes to prepare for this shopping trip. I had all my coupons lined up and ready to go before I went in.

Well I hope you all had a great day. I'm off to go see what to make for dinner.

talk to you later...

Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Annett, I am impressed! Now I get your lcf name. I have never figured out how to do it. We don't eat a lot of the stuff you get coupons for. Maybe eggs or yogurt.

Today, I walked over 10,000 steps. Having Eliza here is great. I never had a walking buddy before. Thanks, Eliza. I don't know what I'll do on the really rainy cold days. But just for today I can do it.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, Annett! I love couponing too! I always feel good if I can at least get 50% off and you did!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #130

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Annett, I am impressed! Now I get your lcf name. I have never figured out how to do it. We don't eat a lot of the stuff you get coupons for. Maybe eggs or yogurt.

Today, I walked over 10,000 steps. Having Eliza here is great. I never had a walking buddy before. Thanks, Eliza. I don't know what I'll do on the really rainy cold days. But just for today I can do it.
Mary, great job! I'm glad to have a walking buddy on here, too.
Join us here:
~*~ Target 10,000 Steps a Day, Everyone is Welcome ~*~
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #131

Annett, amazing deals!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #132

My cat is driving me crazy. Can't sit at the computer without him jumping on the computer desk and settling right on top of my mouse, or hiding behind the screen and unplugging the wires.

It's become a game of cat and mouse (pun intended) for the two of us, with me watching to make sure he doesn't plop his butt on my computer desk and prevent me from typing, and him finding new and more innovating routes to find his way on top of said desk. He has found 5 so far. So no matter how vigilant I am, he finds a way to sneak up here. He knows mommy cannot use the spray bottle around the computer.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Funny, Eliza!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #134

10,000 steps and 40 very active minutes.

Today is my 60th day anniversary of starting a walking (10K step) program, and I have walked each and every one of these 60 days for a total of 256.2 miles and over 600,000 steps. At almost 300 lbs, this has been a challenge. However, I am not going to let the weight win, I will win.

It's also been 64 days since starting strict LC. As of today, I've lost 19.6 lbs.

This is my life. Never ending fight against food and inertia. Just wondering how much easier life would be if I didn't have this weight problem. Many things many others don't even give a second thought to, like moving freely, have been a struggle for me. But I guess we are given fights to fight for a reason......LOL, you can see I'm in a reflective mood today.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Eliza!! Amazing progress. So proud of your walking! I walk almost or a complete mile every day. You are smokin' me!!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Hello everyone....Enjoyed reading all your post and would love to join you ...I have been away for awhile and need to get on board again....I have just started on my walking again and would love to walk the steps with yall....I live in the desert so it gets hot here a lot and I mean a lot LOL...and my feet have had some problems so I have started walking around my pool...Around and Around lol...but it is a start...I use to walk lots back in Texas but Az is HOT.... Lowcarb is my Way for sure...Clean the icebox out and shopped for grocs...today so am ready to begin again...Keep DH on it tooooo...

I see there is a Mary here so I will go by Mary Frances if needed since that is my name still....
Have a great evening....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Wow, Eliza!! Amazing progress. So proud of your walking! I walk almost or a complete mile every day. You are smokin' me!!
Jan, you are doing great! A mile a day is wonderful. Think about all the running you'll have to do after little Fox when you go to Florida next year. That would be motivation to keep moving.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Hello everyone....Enjoyed reading all your post and would love to join you ...I have been away for awhile and need to get on board again....I have just started on my walking again and would love to walk the steps with yall....I live in the desert so it gets hot here a lot and I mean a lot LOL...and my feet have had some problems so I have started walking around my pool...Around and Around lol...but it is a start...I use to walk lots back in Texas but Az is HOT.... Lowcarb is my Way for sure...Clean the icebox out and shopped for grocs...today so am ready to begin again...Keep DH on it tooooo...

I see there is a Mary here so I will go by Mary Frances if needed since that is my name still....
Have a great evening....
Mary! So nice to meet you! Looking forward to having you here at this thread.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #139

Quote:

Mary, the 10,000 step thread I posted the link for earlier is different from the Just Do Something Challenge thread. The former is specifically for us step counters, while the latter is for any kind of activity people do daily. I post on both.

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Thanks Eliza for the welcome....I will enjoy hearing about all the walking...it will get me to walk more and more....I work out in the pool too but I love walking the most...and I need both LOL....We are in the middle of putting new flooring down and my DH is doing it so I have been busy helping him by cleaning up the mess mmmmm...but it is worth it....I haven't worked on any craft since he started but will later...just reorgainizing my craftroom until we get to that room...
Made a run to one of our antiques store today...found one of my Boyds Bears that I collect....then a stop at one of our goodwills....Never know where I will end up at when I get out...lol...Love going down memory lane...Just a country girl still and love finding old stuff.......old treasures LOL....
Now you know me alittle more......
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Mary! Glad to have you here!!
I sure hope I'll be able to keep up with him by next year, Eliza. We are going to try to see him next weekend. Oh well, we do what we can. Maybe as he gets older he'll encourage them to see us more often.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Thanks, Eliza. I was confused on the two as they did seem different.

Welcome to you,also, MaryFrances. Walking is new for me in the last cople years but the only thing I can fit in anytime anyplace during the day.

So happy it is Saturday. Got to sleep in and relax!
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #143

Quote:
Thanks, Eliza. I was confused on the two as they did seem different.

Welcome to you,also, MaryFrances. Walking is new for me in the last cople years but the only thing I can fit in anytime anyplace during the day.

So happy it is Saturday. Got to sleep in and relax!
You're lucky you got to sleep in and relax. My idiot neighbor started mowing at 7:15 am. On a Saturday. He doesn't care about neighborhood and homeowners' association rules about noise prior to 8 on the weekend.

So I was forced to wake up well before I had planned to. I usually wake up at 5 am for work during the week.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #144

Good morning. I got up at 6:30 ====set my alarm. I went to some local tag sales. Did pretty good. Got a brand new 2 dvd yoga set, a yoga mat and 2 other exercise DVD's for $5, 3 pairs of nice jeans for me at $1 a pair(I optimistically bought size 16--am I nuts???), a few kitchen items and some books. I got that steamy book 50 shades of gray too plus some other devotional books too. It was fun but it started getting hot and super humid.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #145

Eliza--you are doing great. Even being overweight, you are getting fit and that is even more important than the loss but I know you want both. Great job.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #146

Welcome---Mary. I'm a Mary too but I go by Chewie. Glad you're here.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning All

to the new Marys

Well, I'm going to do it. I am going to go clean this house until its done. You may not see me for DAYS... lol jk... ok ok so just most of the day today. I'm going to re-organize, sweep, mop or vaccum... I am going to get it done. YEAH! No excuses. I am tired of the mess and that's that. I'll see ya'll later. I hope you have a SUPER Saturday!!!
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Friends!! I was down .5lb. this morning! Yay!I was really ready for movement on the scales!

chewie- Great buys! I just love getting good deals.

Annett- Go girl! My neighbor came over yesterday. My house was a wreck. Major motivation for me to clean up my act!!

Eliza- Sorry about the much needed sleep you lost. I remember how I looked forward to Saturday!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Mikki and Lucky??? Missed you yesterday!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Deb- Always miss you too but I know what you'rre going through with Ken right now. Hope y'all are doing OK!!