Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Just got back from my strength class. It's the first time I used weights. OUCH!!! I'm already sore. Not painful but sore, like achey. Haven't used these muscles in a long time. lol I wonder how I'll feel in the morning--probably like I'm 90.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #92

Welcome, Mikki. Glad you joined us and hopefully we can help support you and your family.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #93

Deb--hope the fafsa comes through for you---it should considering Ken hasn't been working and your income is much less now.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #94

Good morning. Wow I was the last to post last night and first today. Everyone must be busy.

It got really cool overnight which was nice but it's going back up during the day---to the 90s. I sure wish fall would arrive. I like it cooler.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning All

Whew! Yesterday sure was busy... a Tuesday after a holiday weekend sure made the day busy!!! But that's good - it kept us on our toes!

to those just joining... I think there were a few I haven't said to yet... so Hi & Welcome!!

This morning my DD6 has a 45 minute orientation to meet the teacher, take a tour of school etc. Then I'm off to McMinnville to sign off on some papers the energy assistance place needs to me help out.

Tomorrow will be DD6's official first day of school and I arranged it with work so I can be there and go to work an hour late. I see another photo opportunity LOL

Well I wish everyone a GREAT day

See ya'll in a bit

Last edited by couponkrazy2011; 09-04-2013 at 09:20 AM..
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Annett, your beach pictures were wonderful.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Hello friends!I went to breakfast at chicken sandwich place(had cheese eggs and bacon) and played free BINGO. I won 3 times for 3 chicken biscuits for DH. Fun and free!! He had a card for free c/b today with my breakfast and two senior coffees was $4. Productive morning. We then went to grocery store and I got $22 groceries for $6.02!! Yay! Took my DD some shoes I bought at Goodwill and extra pastas, micro dinner, rice and apple juice I had bought with coupons cheap. We are now going to Goodwill and see what bargains we can find today.

Annett- Important day for your DD. So glad you will get to be there!!

chewie- Going to be high 80's here. At least it hasn't rained in a few days! What you cooking?
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mikkijoe
Stats: 326/320/180
WOE: protein Power
Start Date: August 2013
LOVE a good bargain or two!

thought I was going to go pick raspberries this morning, but I hurt a hamstring riding the recumbent bike yesterday, so I am taking it easy today to let that rest.

I did manage to do some extra cooking last night though, I made breakfast egg cups for our busy mornings or snacks, boiled up eggs, and did a fair attempt at cheesecake cups by just winging it.

I feel like I should get a thank you note from an egg farm some time soon......we quit buying 18 packs and now by 5 dozen at a time.....
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Got two 3lb. weights to walk with and a 5lb one to do bat wing exercises. We also got a cute cheeseburger salt/pepper shaker set for Christmas goodie box for DD and a toy rocker zebra for my only grand child. He is too young for it now but won't be long till he'll be using it. Today is his 5 month birthday! Deb, I'm trying to be as good a grandma as you!!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, got it all for $10!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

I hope you're having a great day.

I got the energy assistance all squared away (YAY) and then I found out a friend of mine sent me a headset w mic for the game I play..she got it through Walmart (site to store).
My headset broke a couple weeks ago so I had to type every time I needed to say something in game (can be annoying)... but yay. That was awesome. I never had anyone give me something like that.. it was $50!!! I never owned a headset that cost that much. That was so nice.

I really like how some of my pics turned out too...I almost wished I could turn them into postcards and sell them LOL Make a few bucks... LOL wouldn't that be nice?

Well, I am having a total OFF low carb day. I get my food stamps tomorrow so I can get groceries but today I am stuck with whatever but I'm not going to let it bring me down.
Last month I had to have almost 2 weeks off LC and this time...only 1 day. I can live with that.

I'm gonna do my grocery planning... then in a bit pick up DD12 from school and head to counseling. See ya'll later...

>>Annett
Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Annett, check with some local arts and crafts stores. They might be willing to sell your postcards. I think you can have them printed on line.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
We did lots of bargain shopping while on vacation last week, at consignment store, I found a top and little black skirt. Then at a thrift store where they help the animals, found another little black skirt. Even the outlet stores were having huge sales...50% off. Then there were the flea markets and farmer's markets. Lots of fun trying new vegetables. Found a squash that is sort of a cross between a zucchini & summer squash. It is a light green color, sweeter tha summer squash, called Cousa or Magda and hails from the Mediterranean near Lebanon. Most folks stuff them. I just cut it up on my salads.

Walked over 10,000 steps today.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #104

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
10,000+ steps and 47 very active minutes today.

Everyone have a great evening!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Good morning.

I just noticed that my post from last night didn't post...weird.

The cheapest price I found...if I wanted to have my own post cards printed is $35+ shipping for 100 cards of the same design. So about 40 cents per post card. Hmmm... well something to think about.

Well, I hope you all have a great day... off I go to get dd6 ready for her 1st day of school

See you later.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! Hope everyone is doing well!! I am off this morning for my day with DSis. We'll have our hair done and go to lunch. May stop at a thrift store or two. Have a good day my friends; I'll be back later.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mikkijoe
Stats: 326/320/180
WOE: protein Power
Start Date: August 2013
Ever notice yourself going on downward slope with your attitude and self confidence? THAT is right where I am, seems to be about half way down the slide this morning. I have already had tear shed this morning (not a norm for me)
The meal routine is I feed hubs, he eats as he inputs it into his phone app (ties into his fitbit).....so about halfway through the meal I hear a "Holy Chit, what did you feed me" .....Of course what I heard was "this is wrong, you messed up, your trying to kill me, cant you do anything wrong, no wonder you cannot lose weight,....." and the list goes on.
Turns out he entered double the amount of sausage by mistake. so 3 eggs, 2 ounces of sausage, 3/4 cup of berries, and 1/4 cup of cream was not 700 calories after all! LOL
But the damage was already done, I was an emotional wreck, and of course hid it from everyone....
Now I want to go for a walk and I just started having a pity party because I would have to go for a walk alone since everyone else has important places to go and things to do...

See what this stupid brain is doing to me? It is broken! I think I will fire it and order a new one!

Now off to restart the day.....
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #108

Good morning. Busy today at work. Have to run errands later and my exercise class too. I failed to make a meal plan for this week---been going by the seat of my pants--hate when I do this---it's so much harder.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #109

Hugs, Mikki. Take that walk---you'll feel better
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #110

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Yay! Got two 3lb. weights to walk with and a 5lb one to do bat wing exercises. We also got a cute cheeseburger salt/pepper shaker set for Christmas goodie box for DD and a toy rocker zebra for my only grand child. He is too young for it now but won't be long till he'll be using it. Today is his 5 month birthday! Deb, I'm trying to be as good a grandma as you!!
oh you are a wonderful grandma!!! i am sure Fox will love it! 5 months old
AWESOME on your weights for working out!!!!

i saw some leaves starting to fall in the backyard today!

yesterday was a very long non productive day SIGH Ken saw the neurologist both a doctor and a resident and both were idiots! yeah you have hemiplegic migraines we will up your dose of topamax and give you midrin for when the attacks occur "
get down to the VA pharmacy midrin hasn't even been on the market for YEARS the VA pharmacist called her husband who is a pharmacist on the outside and he said ONLY at a compunding pharmacy and no insurance would cover it probably about 700bucks if they could even do it
Va pharmacist calls the resident doctor and told him he would have to write an outside RX for it even if we could get it and it would be very expensive"WHY can't they just pay for it???"OMG umm cause we ar e poor??? and then he tells the pharmacist to send a blank RX pad up to him by us!!! you should have seen the pharmacists's face!! it is illegal to do that and he srtill didn't understand and these people control our fate UGH the pharmacist suggested he prescribe something else but NADA has been done
i just do not know what to do

allsup called this morning and we filled out the paperwork so appeal is filed as of today She said it will take 6-8 months to get an answer on this level and more than likely it will be another denial but not to get discouraged She is sending more paperwork for us to take to his doctor i can't help but BE discouraged though
looking over his VA stuff i think he should try to get his PTSD rating upped but we are soo scared to file . they have been taking AWAY some of the vets ratings and any that we have not held for 20years are in danger when they open it for review
we got to stop and see Kenny and Ashley on the way back they have the crib put together and are excited soo much for when Mollykins gets here
soo what is new with everyone??
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Oh, got it all for $10!!!
whoohoo even better!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
Ever notice yourself going on downward slope with your attitude and self confidence? THAT is right where I am, seems to be about half way down the slide this morning. I have already had tear shed this morning (not a norm for me)
The meal routine is I feed hubs, he eats as he inputs it into his phone app (ties into his fitbit).....so about halfway through the meal I hear a "Holy Chit, what did you feed me" .....Of course what I heard was "this is wrong, you messed up, your trying to kill me, cant you do anything wrong, no wonder you cannot lose weight,....." and the list goes on.
Turns out he entered double the amount of sausage by mistake. so 3 eggs, 2 ounces of sausage, 3/4 cup of berries, and 1/4 cup of cream was not 700 calories after all! LOL
But the damage was already done, I was an emotional wreck, and of course hid it from everyone....
Now I want to go for a walk and I just started having a pity party because I would have to go for a walk alone since everyone else has important places to go and things to do...

See what this stupid brain is doing to me? It is broken! I think I will fire it and order a new one!

Now off to restart the day.....
i completely understand maybe if you told him how it makes you feel it would clear the air a little?? heck i do the whole blow up thing though
Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #113

Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Love the pic and Good Post to Mikki!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Good Night! Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, suggest you call your State or Vet office. They have lawyers pro bono that can help you through the maze of disability claims. In our state, the attorney General's office is helpfulwhen trying to get medicaid. Perhaps your Senator or Your congressman. Don't give up. Keep fighting for what's right.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #117

Hi Deb, Chewie, Mikki, Annett, Mary, and Jan

Annett, hope things are working out for you and you're getting the help you need. How is the little one doing at school. She must be so excited!

Chews, how is your DS doing? Is he feeling better? He must be relieved that it's almost the weekend and he can stay home and rest.

Deb, keeping my fingers crossed for Ken for his appeal to go through and for doctors to get him real help. And also for Steven to find a job soon.

Mikki, I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day. These days happen once in a while....you seem to be working really hard for your family and need to remember how important and loved you are by all of them. When I start feeling down, I up my dose of vitamin B-complex. I'm deficient and often feel down for no reason because of it, but when I take a large amount, things somehow start looking up again. Not sure if it will help in your particular case, but may be worth the try.

Mary, how is walking going for you?

Jan, my lovely Twoterville friend and fellow teacher, how are you? How is your DH feeling? I was wondering if you've seen little Fox lately.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #118

I'm finally over the bug that made me feel half dead over the past week. It's nice to feel normal again. My new mattress arrives tomorrow, so exciting. looking forward to waking up with no or at least less back pain. I am also super extra excited about the weekend. No special plans but looking forward to the R&R. Now that we are empty nesters, gotta drag DH out somewhere.

10,000+ steps and 52 very active minutes today.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

I had 10,500 steps today and walked on my 2 breaks and lunch time at work. I had a long day at work putting in nearly 11 hours but lots of OT.

I plan on walking until it gets too cold.

So glad Friday is here.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

I am so exhausted today!! LOL

DD6 was sooooo excited about kindergarden yesterday but today...when her first day of kindergarten came ....she refused to go. She didn't want to get dressed...brush her hair or anything. After nearly an hour I finally grabbed my purse and keys and hey clothes and hopped into the van and said "BYE!" She came running out half-naked...jumped in the car and called me a "mean mommy". I took her to school and that was that. Her 1st day of school pics turned out so-so because she kept giving me a "look".

People at work forgot that I was taking Abby to school today (which I arranged for wayyyy in advance). When I got there I got a big hug...apparently there were a lot of accidents and they thought I was dead in a ditch somewhere because they FORGOT I was taking Abby to school...even though it was on the schedule....LOL Oooops!

well my friends...I am totally exhausted!!! Good NIght all and I will see you tomorrow!

>>Annett