Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Chewie, NH is part of New England as is CT. How long ave you been in Arkansas?
I know that, silly. We love lake winnepasaki(Sp??) and the shore.

We moved here in June of 2004.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Mary, lol, I'm sure Chewie is aware that NH is part of New England.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
The pictures are AMAZING!!!
I agree--thanks for sharing. Your daughters are beautiful.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #65

Quote:
10,000+ steps and 75 very active minutes.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #66

Quote:
Everyone have a great week!
You too.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #67

Good morning peeps. Sure feels like a Monday to me. LOL My ds15 is home sick today, still. We thought he was getting better and he just coughed all night. Hopefully, today will be his get better day. Missing already so early is not good.

We spent the afternoon in the pool yesterday. I was in and out, dh vacuumed it and I was going through my magazine pile on the patio. Dh made me a delicious iced coffee--yum. Dinner was the butterflied chickens and rice/beans. I used a seasoning pack in the beans and disliked it tremendously---it had allspice in it. Who puts allspice in red beans???? Grrrrrr
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/352/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning All....

Have a Happy Tuesday!

Chewie..i hope your son feels better...that no fun.

well, my dd12 starts school today.. my dd6 will start thurs. Yay.

Im still so tired... well off i go to get everyone ready for the day.

Have a great day!
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #69

Here's a picture of my ds15's bd cake that I made.
bd cake.jpg
Old 09-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories!! ...and I do mean good! I lost another 1.5 lbs. Finally hit my swoosh I suppose. I've been rocking around the same numbers.
Annett- Those pics make me want to head right back to the beach(I really don't need much encouragement). Your daughters are precious!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- So glad you had a better day with 'the parents'. I'll bet those chickens were yummy!!

Annett- Your dish looks great!! Bet it was so good!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- Thank you so much!! I've tried so hard to eat perfectly on plan and was getting a little frustrated. It's just so nice to see new numbers!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, wow!! Chewie , that cake is beautiful!! You are truly an artist in the kitchen. I am always amazed at all the wonderful sounding food you cook but the cake takes it to a whole new level!!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Good Morning Glories!! ...and I do mean good! I lost another 1.5 lbs. Finally hit my swoosh I suppose. I've been rocking around the same numbers.
Annett- Those pics make me want to head right back to the beach(I really don't need much encouragement). Your daughters are precious!!
Fantastic.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #75

Quote:
Oh, wow!! Chewie , that cake is beautiful!! You are truly an artist in the kitchen. I am always amazed at all the wonderful sounding food you cook but the cake takes it to a whole new level!!
Awwww, shucks. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mikkijoe
Stats: 326/320/180
WOE: protein Power
Start Date: August 2013
Hey There, Im going to be rude and join the party without an invitation....hope you don't mind.
A little about myself, I have dieted all my life starting when I was 16. I am 47 now..that is a heck of a long time! I was a healthy weight when I was 18, and I that was only because I drank more than I ate. I have never been a 'healthy' weight since then.
I have a 21 year old son who is at a healthy muscular weight, but my 17 yr old daughter and my hubs are all obese right along with me.
The last week of July hubs ended up in the hospital with what we thought was stroke or TIA, he presented with the classic symptoms, but after testing it was not a stroke. They sent him home, he collapsed at home and had seizures....he had only been home 4 hours. Back to a different hospital for another 3 days. Sent home with no diagnoses. Possible diabetes related, possible Sleep apnea related, Possible heart issue, possible TIA that wont show up on an MRI.....NO answers. Through the course of the month we had two more hospitilizations, the last one just last week with him going unresponsive in the car with me after I picked him up from work because he was not feeling well....but still no answers as to cause, the doctors are trying to figure this out still.
Luckily with the first trip to the hosp, it scared him enough that he gave up cigarettes, he is using the electric cigs right now, and decreasing the levels of nicotine. He cut back on caffine a HUGE amount, when able he is walking daily (with me and daughter) and he is riding a recumbent bike as well. He tracks everything put into his mouth. Originally the hosp put him on a diabetic diet, telling him to eat 4-5 servings of carbs EACH meal, and a serving is 15 grams. With snacks they had him on 300 grams of carbs, and they had my daughter and I on 270 grams a day.
Needless to say this resulted in the third hospital stay for him, his blood glucose was going crazy with huge peaks and dips. His primary doc said NO, you do not have classic diabetes, you have too much insulin in your system, go on lo carb.
So we went onto protein Power, now all this seems to be about him, but I am 100% vested as well. I have tried putting us on diets so many times, and he usually lasts about a week and then does not have interest, and I am not strong enough to stay on it alone. Now the whole family is on protein Power.
We just hit 10 days on PP , after going on the high carb diabetic diet...I think MAY finally be relaxed enough to shed some fat, it has been up and down horribly this last month with all the changes and the stress.

WHEWWWW that was a lot of info in a first post was it not???
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hi Mikkijoe, Welcome and that is a lot of stuff to share and endure. Please feel free to share whenever you feel the need. If you get it out, you won't be eating over it.

I have heard we eat to try and fill up some hole inside ourselves that has a bittomless pit. Once you do get on your plan and are away from the stuff that is toxin to you, please guard that new life with your life. I have seen spouses dropping dead in efforts to care for their husband's chronic disease. It happened to my aunt. My uncle lived to be 96 but she had a heart attack at 80 driving back and forth to the many hospitals he was in. If you want to be there for your family, the best thing you can do is take care of you. You are worth it, you know.

Myhusband is making the rounds to doctors after having had surgery this summer. I am determined not to eat over it, no matter what. I want to have anopportuntiy at a long and healthy life too.

Well, I am working from home today and break is almost over. TTYL

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #78

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning peeps. Sure feels like a Monday to me. LOL My ds15 is home sick today, still. We thought he was getting better and he just coughed all night. Hopefully, today will be his get better day. Missing already so early is not good.

We spent the afternoon in the pool yesterday. I was in and out, dh vacuumed it and I was going through my magazine pile on the patio. Dh made me a delicious iced coffee--yum. Dinner was the butterflied chickens and rice/beans. I used a seasoning pack in the beans and disliked it tremendously---it had allspice in it. Who puts allspice in red beans???? Grrrrrr
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #79

Quote:
you are pn fire!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #80

howdy all i got the paperwork turned in to see if steven's fasfa could be reworked it will take a while to find out

wow annett that looks AMAZING!! you can take wonderful pictures! i am soo glad you had such a good time!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
Hey There, Im going to be rude and join the party without an invitation....hope you don't mind.
A little about myself, I have dieted all my life starting when I was 16. I am 47 now..that is a heck of a long time! I was a healthy weight when I was 18, and I that was only because I drank more than I ate. I have never been a 'healthy' weight since then.
I have a 21 year old son who is at a healthy muscular weight, but my 17 yr old daughter and my hubs are all obese right along with me.
The last week of July hubs ended up in the hospital with what we thought was stroke or TIA, he presented with the classic symptoms, but after testing it was not a stroke. They sent him home, he collapsed at home and had seizures....he had only been home 4 hours. Back to a different hospital for another 3 days. Sent home with no diagnoses. Possible diabetes related, possible Sleep apnea related, Possible heart issue, possible TIA that wont show up on an MRI.....NO answers. Through the course of the month we had two more hospitilizations, the last one just last week with him going unresponsive in the car with me after I picked him up from work because he was not feeling well....but still no answers as to cause, the doctors are trying to figure this out still.
Luckily with the first trip to the hosp, it scared him enough that he gave up cigarettes, he is using the electric cigs right now, and decreasing the levels of nicotine. He cut back on caffine a HUGE amount, when able he is walking daily (with me and daughter) and he is riding a recumbent bike as well. He tracks everything put into his mouth. Originally the hosp put him on a diabetic diet, telling him to eat 4-5 servings of carbs EACH meal, and a serving is 15 grams. With snacks they had him on 300 grams of carbs, and they had my daughter and I on 270 grams a day.
Needless to say this resulted in the third hospital stay for him, his blood glucose was going crazy with huge peaks and dips. His primary doc said NO, you do not have classic diabetes, you have too much insulin in your system, go on lo carb.
So we went onto protein Power, now all this seems to be about him, but I am 100% vested as well. I have tried putting us on diets so many times, and he usually lasts about a week and then does not have interest, and I am not strong enough to stay on it alone. Now the whole family is on protein Power.
We just hit 10 days on PP , after going on the high carb diabetic diet...I think MAY finally be relaxed enough to shed some fat, it has been up and down horribly this last month with all the changes and the stress.

WHEWWWW that was a lot of info in a first post was it not???
nice to meet you! jump right in!
and oh my goodness!! have them check for hemiplegic migraines!!(Paralyzing migraines!!)) this sounds EXACTLY whay my DH has experienced since April 21st of this year!! it is soo soo scary and then they act like nothing happens to him and boy oh boy sure sent the bills don't they?/
they put my DH on topamax and while it has not decreased the frequency or severity of them thank goodn ess it has not INCREASED
we are trying to get his SSDI but have been denied once

hang in there
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 09-03-2013 at 01:01 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #82

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Mikkijoe
My, you and your family have been through a lot lately Protein Power is the way to go! Can't believe docs had your DH on 300 grams of carbs.

Glad you found your way to this thread.

I see you're from Yakima. I used to live in Tacoma, and my MIL's husband is from Yakima.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Deb. Glad you got that done!

Mikki- Do you just have protein shakes or are you substituting it for a meal? So glad to have you here! We talk about food but we also discuss our daily problems, so feel free to unload on us.

Mary- Good advice! Take it to heart, Mikki!!

Eliza- Walking around in Twoterville I suppose!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #84

Lolololololol Jan! Yes, I was strolling down the beach in Twoterville, listening to the waves gently breaking, sitting under the palm trees.

Congrats on your new whoosh!
Old 09-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

To clarify, protein Power is a plan, has been around for 30 years, similar to Atkins. It is not a meal replacement shake, which is exactly what I thought the doctor was suggesting when I saw it written down on paper too.

Last edited by Mikkijoe; 09-03-2013 at 03:14 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Eliza----I have been in Yakima for the last 8 years, moved here from the West side in Centralia about 40 miles south of Tacoma on I-5
Love it over there, but really enjoy the weather here, now we go outside when it rains because it typically only lasts 20 minutes and is gone.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

THanks for the great welcome everyone. As you can probably read between the lines I am tired of the stress and the care taking.....Im not good at caretaking, amazes me that my daughter is going into nursing, she didn't get that from me LOL Guess I kinda feel guilty about not wanting to play nursemaid too.
I do know that I need to make this journey about me....just kinda finding my way I guess. It is much easier when hubs in on board though, when he is not it is a constant struggle.

Off to find something to do with eggplant, we have it 3-4 times a week right now, and I am pretty sure that by the end of the growing season I will be able to write a book of 101 ways to cook eggplant (in fact I very well may do that)
THink it will be peppers stuffed with eggplant, tomatoes and ground beef, served with fresh green beans and bacon
Old 09-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry Miki. I didn't know that was a WOE.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #89

Quote:
To clarify, protein Power is a plan, has been around for 30 years, similar to Atkins. It is not a meal replacement shake, which is exactly what I thought the doctor was suggesting when I saw it written down on paper too.
I have the Protein Power book and enjoy reading Dr. Eades' blog (he doesn't post too often, though). His wife has a nice recipe blog, too.

A relative of ours from Lynnwood in WA went on it 7 years ago, lost 80 lbs pretty quickly, and has been slim ever since.

Quote:
Eliza----I have been in Yakima for the last 8 years, moved here from the West side in Centralia about 40 miles south of Tacoma on I-5
Love it over there, but really enjoy the weather here, now we go outside when it rains because it typically only lasts 20 minutes and is gone.
I'm glad you're enjoying living in Yakima. Eastern Washington has much better weather, doesn't it? And sunnier. I was getting so depressed with all the Western Washington gray..... Miss all the greenery and mild temperatures, but don't miss the lack of sunshine.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 09-03-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #90

Now off to walk, I'm barely at 6,700 steps. Sick or not, the quota has to be fulfilled.