Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 298/287.0/140
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 4-5-14 -- 287.0
Hi everyone -- sounds like there is a lot going on....I've not been on the boards, was working this week with a cold -- my third week of sneezing, congestion, carrying a box of kleenex everywhere.....BUT today I finally feel better.

I guess having a cold is good for me though, I'm down five pounds....tried hard to stay HFLC this week. Had one reaaly HIGH carb day -- was nervous -- but then got right back on track.

Hope you are all doing well.

Trying to think of VERY frugal Christmas ideas for you....there are organizations where you can sign up that will help you provide toys for your children?

Also dollar store, and also board games are not too expensive. Sorry if these are not good ideas....what ages are your children?

Plan: High fat, Low Carb food, water, Gym, REPEAT.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 02:53 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning Elizabeth

I hope you feel better.

One is 6, the other 12. I will be checking with Goodwill too. I know Christmas isn't about the presents... but I feel like there has to be something good this year. 2013 as been a very tough year for everyone in my family. Probably the worst year since 2006.

Décor wise I have plenty of Christmas décor thanks to my after-Christmas clearance shopping the last few years. So at least we're good there. We won't look as poor as we are LOL LOL LOL

I noticed Goodwill also had brand-new Halloween costumes so after I take care of whatever bills I can, I'll see whats left and hopefully can go there for their Halloween costumes. I will look at warm jackets too.

I am up at 230am because I now have two dental problems... the dental abcess I thought I had taken care of a couple month ago is back AND on the other side of the mouth I have a VERY angry tooth. I may need to use part of the student loan to help me there but I did the math...if we want to scrape by for the next 3 months... I am left with $130 after I pre-pay for utilities, internet, even gas for my car (prepaid gas cards), that's not a lot for a dentist visit but at least if I go - maybe they can prescribe a different antibiotic. My Amoxicillin doesn't seem to be working this time.

Anyway - I figured if I got gas cards to pre-pay my gas, the money is already gone and won't get spent in the wrong place and I am guaranteed not to run out of gas for the next 3 months. And I can pre-pay all utilities + internet... This way all I have to pay off my paycheck is the rent & daycare. Should some child support show up along the road....it would be extra I can put towards that b-day or Christmas...but for now I can't count on any.

I also am considering the medication they wanted me to try for my new-found ADD.
I hate medication but at this point - if it can help me be even better...perhaps I should consider it? But I don't want to fall into the jaws of the pharmaceutical companies and get dependent on medication...so.. that's my struggle there.

Well.. big to everyone. I know I haven't been online much in the last couple weeks. Seems like the troubles keep coming and I don't want to bring everyone down. I've been off LC for about 2 weeks now. Its about living off whats in my cabinets right now...so... until I get my food stamps.... I don't have much choice. I am up a couple lbs too. I am doing some major planning for groceries next week. I will get $300 in food stamps for the 3 of us. I will need to make that last for the whole month (5th-5th) and hopefully LC. LC is the best thing I've ever done for me and I want to continue to lose weight via LC... not gain it the way I have been lately. I will have to see what coupons are available too.

Well, my advil just kicked in. It dulled the pain enough that I might be able to sleep some. I really wish I had some real pain killers though....

Off I go... I'll check back in later

Last edited by couponkrazy2011; 09-29-2013 at 02:56 AM..
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:50 AM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Couponkrazy, just wanted to mention, there are programs at the college for full time students, where you can get free tuition, vooks, tutoring, supplies and advice for oadults that are poor such as yourself. Go to the guidance office and check it out. My daughter qualified and she has no chikdren but is 34.

Where I work we have different drives preparing for the holidays, the thanksgiving baskets, coat drive, pj drives, christmas present drive. They work with a local agency to turn over the stuff. Register your kids with boys/girls club or some such agency. The oj's are for kids who are displaced from their homes without notice and many times have none. The kids get to write letters to santa with their christmas wish. I have seen people at work buy bicycles for the kids.

Let us know how we can help.

MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Thank you Mary for the idea for help at college. I never thought about it. I went to the college website and they do offer a food pantry - which is great because I can't attend the regular food bank here. I will see what their requirements are and when they offer it.

I signed up with Love Inc a couple months ago. In 2 weeks I can get a clothing voucher to the clothing closet - but they didn't have much in my childrens sizes last time - still it won't hurt to look.

There is a Toy & Joy Drive that I can sign up for in Nov. I did it once before and they deliver a couple presents to the house on Christmas Eve. Maybe I'm crazy - but we don't "appear" as broke as we are - we'll have a tree and lots of nice Christmas décor all purchased on clearance...I don't want them to think I'm "using" the system. Maybe when I apply I can put a note?

In any case....we're going to prepare for the upcoming "storm". I know we'll make it through - its just going to take very careful planning.

>>Annett
Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #515
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi.

Jan, so sorry about your dd's financial issues. That is just wrong of her father.

Annett--I'm sorry things are so hard.

Deb--that frog thing is cute.

Eliza-thanks for the hugs.

Not much new here. Rained a lot yesterday and cooled off. Watched football and hung out. My dh took a few days of vacation so he's been relaxing.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #516

Elizabeth--glad your cold is better.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories!! Scale was the same today.
Thanks Eliza and Annett. I have not even thought about legal aid. Duh. I will check into it. My DD will be too nervous to take him to court. It will have to be me. Plus, it was ordered in our divorce settlement. He intimidates her. One thing in my favor is that because of her compromised vision, she could not have read the paper he had her sign. She has to have large print.

Annett- I wouldn't worry about the looks of your home. Most support needs an income report of some kind. Also, the delivery people will be going to many houses and understand that these days, many people have things left from better days. Just go ahead and sign up for everything you can find and you know in your heart you're doing it for your children!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Elizabeth- Happy you are feeling better. We missed you!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks chewie. Are you feeling any better? Found out any good news about DS's college? I know you said it would be ok for a while. Any more information?
Old 09-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Annett- We have Toys for Tots here but I've heard you have to sign up early. Some fast food places and churches let people choose a name from a tree and buy a gift to match the age and gender of the child. Maybe you could go ahead and call around to get their names in early.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

I was just thinking.... if his responsibility was entered into the divorce papers... it should not matter what she signed unless it was a legal document? He would be in contempt of court. And even if it was a legal document you could probably argue that she was pressured and felt like she had no choice and therefore it could be thrown out. He is probably counting on you to remain quiet due to legal cost...but the legal aid route may work...

My exbf threatened that I better not file for sole custody...that he knows the law... but in the end...he knows Canadian law and I have every right to file, so I am. He can come down here to argue it but he won't...he is busy w his gf and unemployed.

Men suck sometimes. Lol
Old 09-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Annett-You are so right. Your argument is what I've been thinking. Plus, he was supposed to pay a percentage of income or $70 per week, which ever was greater. He never paid more so he would owe back pay I would think.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Love your quote Elizabeth!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #524

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Jan - thats rediculous! But I know exactly what that feels like.

My ex-husband just announced he quit his job and won't be sending child support. Its bad enough my ex-boyfriend wasn't sending child support for DD6 but now... my ex-husband not for DD12 either? Between that and the 4 hrs/wk of work I had to cut to make college work out... I am losing $600/mo.

That leaves me to figure out how to survive on roughly $900-$1000 with both my kids. Rent is $750 alone. Daycare $150.

I got the student loan (well, will get it any day) so I will be using to pay ahead whatever I can but there won't be any wiggle room. I figured I will be ok for the next 3 months but seriously no extras. No money for clothing or shoes or the upcoming Bday or CHristmas... to tough times ahead. The kids really need a winter jacket and shoes.

Jan your thing says your in Georgia - would she be able to go through legal aid?
I looked and there is a Georgia Legal Aid Website (.org)

I myself am going through a legal aid place here in Oregon to file for sole custody and its $35 for the lawyer.

Eliza - sorry to read you are having tough times too.

I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make everyone's troubles go away.

If any of you have any VERY frugal Christmas ideas....let me know. I won't have much for my kids this year and am planning things out know to do what I can.

to everyone.

i have some frugal ideas for christmas crafts making paper chains with construction paper together is always fun and salt dough ornaments and popcorn chains to put on trees outside for the birds. we used to gather pine cones and paint them to go on the trees , christmas cookie baking was always fun
they really will remember what you all do together more than what they got

is there a program that helps pick out presents so they will have things under the tree?? contact the school family resource center they will know about them and sometimes they sign people up there at the school
i can not believe these dads! boils my blood honestly
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 View Post
Hi everyone -- sounds like there is a lot going on....I've not been on the boards, was working this week with a cold -- my third week of sneezing, congestion, carrying a box of kleenex everywhere.....BUT today I finally feel better.

I guess having a cold is good for me though, I'm down five pounds....tried hard to stay HFLC this week. Had one reaaly HIGH carb day -- was nervous -- but then got right back on track.

Hope you are all doing well.

Trying to think of VERY frugal Christmas ideas for you....there are organizations where you can sign up that will help you provide toys for your children?

Also dollar store, and also board games are not too expensive. Sorry if these are not good ideas....what ages are your children?
hopw you feel bette r YEA! on the 5 pounds!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Good Morning Elizabeth

I hope you feel better.

One is 6, the other 12. I will be checking with Goodwill too. I know Christmas isn't about the presents... but I feel like there has to be something good this year. 2013 as been a very tough year for everyone in my family. Probably the worst year since 2006.

Décor wise I have plenty of Christmas décor thanks to my after-Christmas clearance shopping the last few years. So at least we're good there. We won't look as poor as we are LOL LOL LOL

I noticed Goodwill also had brand-new Halloween costumes so after I take care of whatever bills I can, I'll see whats left and hopefully can go there for their Halloween costumes. I will look at warm jackets too.

I am up at 230am because I now have two dental problems... the dental abcess I thought I had taken care of a couple month ago is back AND on the other side of the mouth I have a VERY angry tooth. I may need to use part of the student loan to help me there but I did the math...if we want to scrape by for the next 3 months... I am left with $130 after I pre-pay for utilities, internet, even gas for my car (prepaid gas cards), that's not a lot for a dentist visit but at least if I go - maybe they can prescribe a different antibiotic. My Amoxicillin doesn't seem to be working this time.

Anyway - I figured if I got gas cards to pre-pay my gas, the money is already gone and won't get spent in the wrong place and I am guaranteed not to run out of gas for the next 3 months. And I can pre-pay all utilities + internet... This way all I have to pay off my paycheck is the rent & daycare. Should some child support show up along the road....it would be extra I can put towards that b-day or Christmas...but for now I can't count on any.

I also am considering the medication they wanted me to try for my new-found ADD.
I hate medication but at this point - if it can help me be even better...perhaps I should consider it? But I don't want to fall into the jaws of the pharmaceutical companies and get dependent on medication...so.. that's my struggle there.

Well.. big to everyone. I know I haven't been online much in the last couple weeks. Seems like the troubles keep coming and I don't want to bring everyone down. I've been off LC for about 2 weeks now. Its about living off whats in my cabinets right now...so... until I get my food stamps.... I don't have much choice. I am up a couple lbs too. I am doing some major planning for groceries next week. I will get $300 in food stamps for the 3 of us. I will need to make that last for the whole month (5th-5th) and hopefully LC. LC is the best thing I've ever done for me and I want to continue to lose weight via LC... not gain it the way I have been lately. I will have to see what coupons are available too.

Well, my advil just kicked in. It dulled the pain enough that I might be able to sleep some. I really wish I had some real pain killers though....

Off I go... I'll check back in later

if you are interested i have hillbilly housewifes emergency menu (it says 45 bucks a week but things have gone up since then) NOT LOW CARB! but nourishing and FILLING and has gotten us through many a lean time and it might not cost as much as i am thinking if you have like the spices and everything on hand already if nothing else the kids could eat well on it
and powdered milk isn't such a bargain anymore like it was back in the day
http://hillbillyhousewife.com/45dollarmenu.pdf
and certainly will stretch your food stamps
Old 09-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Good Morning Glories!! Scale was the same today.
Thanks Eliza and Annett. I have not even thought about legal aid. Duh. I will check into it. My DD will be too nervous to take him to court. It will have to be me. Plus, it was ordered in our divorce settlement. He intimidates her. One thing in my favor is that because of her compromised vision, she could not have read the paper he had her sign. She has to have large print.

Annett- I wouldn't worry about the looks of your home. Most support needs an income report of some kind. Also, the delivery people will be going to many houses and understand that these days, many people have things left from better days. Just go ahead and sign up for everything you can find and you know in your heart you're doing it for your children!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #528

gotta take my boy back to EKU got more mail yesterday aboput Kens SSDI case and so have to call allsup tomorrow to fill them out Ken can't even walk today his knee is so swollen and he is in soo much pain IDK what to do but i know he will just get denied again
Old 09-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Your lawyer should go to court after second denial. Sorry. We're going thru it with poor nephew. At least he's getting something now from VA disability. He is appealing his 50% they have given him first go round.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Deb- I know you're going to miss that boy!!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about Ken's knee! Too bad there's no doctor's appointment on a day like today so they can see what he really goes through!!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Deb - I am soooo sorry about his knee. That is just awful. I am sorry they aren't doing things right. He deserves better than denial after denial.

Thanks for the link for the $45/wk recipes. I looked at the recipes and though definitely not LC, I think I will use some of those ideas for the kids. I have some of those ingredients already and some look like things I could get from the food bank. Combine that with couponing - I should be able to get good meals for them for little $ leaving me to use whatever is left for LC for me? Maybe? I'll have to work out the numbers.

The weather is sooo weird - normally its still warm-- almost hot this time of year. But the end of summer came sooner... it rainy and cold.. and I think I will need to go pick my green tomatoes. its just too wet.

Well, I will check in later...we've been cleaning all day - my Mom is coming over. For the first time in MONTHS my house is actually presentable. Its not quite as clean as I like but almost...its just been way too cold to run the carpet cleaning machine last week.

>>Annett
Old 09-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #533

Quote:
Thanks chewie. Are you feeling any better? Found out any good news about DS's college? I know you said it would be ok for a while. Any more information?
I am feeling better now.

DS's college scholarship is in the process of being put on hold. Luckily, that is an option for up to 2 semesters. So, he doesn't lose it, it just waits for him to return to ft school which we expect will be in January or at worst, the summer or next fall. Thanks for asking. $4000 is a lot of money to lose so I'm happy about this.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #534

Quote:
Annett- We have Toys for Tots here but I've heard you have to sign up early. Some fast food places and churches let people choose a name from a tree and buy a gift to match the age and gender of the child. Maybe you could go ahead and call around to get their names in early.
The sign up here was this week for the Toys for tots. I think the Salvation army might have something or United way too. Annett---I would suggest you call around and find more resources. They are out there.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie- So thankful he didn't lose it!! College is so expensive and anything helps. Yes, that's a lot of money!!
Old 09-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you're feeling better, chewie!!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #537

Quote:
Your lawyer should go to court after second denial. Sorry. We're going thru it with poor nephew. At least he's getting something now from VA disability. He is appealing his 50% they have given him first go round.
50% through VA is awesome for first go around!Ken got 10% back in 1992 VA his first go aroundwasn't enough to keep him from having to go back to Iraq in 2004-2005 though
LISTEN mention to him lately percentages have been going DOWN if they file! budget cuts make SURE he knows about this that is why ken hasn't filed to try to up any of his right now it is the only thing we have coming in and we can't take a cut there at all
we don't have a lawyer we went through allsup and yeah the third level is court IDK we are just on pins and needles
would ease the financial burden if he got it but looks like nothing will ease his pain and it is soo hard to watch i am soo heart weary
Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Deb, when he has a bad day, take pictures or videos of his knee so ou have proof of what it looked like.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #539

i have thought about that if he got the same SSDI docs as he did before they would not give a rip KWIM i took this pic when he was having a really bad one the other day

Old 09-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry. He looks so pitiful! Lord, I hope they don't cut his %. He just got it. Haven'y heard anything about cuts on appeals down here. I'll tell him to check with his lawyer on that!
Good night room!