Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Low!! Glad to have you here!! This is a great group of supportive people! I owe them a lot!! Also, we discuss everything and not just food. So, come on in and read a few back posts to get to know us and tell us about yourself. Meet you here tomorrow. Good Night Friends!!

PS- Thanks sweet Deb for enlarging my pics! Wish I was as smart as you!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Welcome, LCHater. Let us know when you change your name. I don't eat beef that much because I have so many other things I like more. For breakfats today, it is an egg with bacon and cheese, some salsa in an omelette and 2 plums. For lunch, I am going off a limb and trying deep fried tofu, broccoli & spaghetti squash, salad w/ dressing and supper is my favorite, greek yogurt w/ pumpkin, flaxseed meal mixed to a pudding with flavoring, sweetener and pp spice. It is my protein, veg and comfort food all rolled into one. I have a gigantic salad with goddess dressing too. So lunch time is usually my meat meal. But I don't have anything cooked right now. Tomorrow I am cooking up some chicken hearts, they are a special treat. I get them at the Asian market. Also cooking up a big vat of chicken rice soup with veggies for my DH. He is doing low fat, and I am on lc maintenance but still don't eat grains and don't plan on it anytime in the future. He has to eat 5 times a day and I eat three times a day.

DH is returning to work today after 3 months on medical leave. He made his lunches for the week last night, packed up his snacks, so now it is just a matter of me making the soup for his suppers and he will be all set. We went for our daily hikes in the park. I so love that part of the weekend. The town park was jammed with cars. It makes us feel like we live in a small town and everyone hangs out at the park. There is no swimming pool, just trails, ponds for fishing, a huge play gym for the children, lovely flowers and shrubs, and it is mostly maintained through a community effort. It used to be Benson's Animal Park in Hudson NH, and there are plans for a museum honoring its history. Today, there are no animals, but the guerilla cage still exists and the kids can go in and climb around. We are so lucky. The dogs even have their own section where they can run and play without worrying about anything.

I ordered a greek yogurt maker yesterday. Hopefully, it will do what I want it to do, if not it will go back to the store. At Bed Bat 'n Byond They didn't have one in stock so they ordered it and tried to charge me shipping. I told them no thank you on the shipping, that I would cancel the order if they can't figure out how to do it without shipping. The manager came over and plugged in his secret code and voila, no shipping. I told them I can get it with free shipping at Amazon.com if I order $25. I want to try making Goat milk greek yogurt and soy milk greek yogurt. I love my Cabot 10% fat greek yogurt and don't anticipate it will taste better than that but I am dabbling with the idea of trying a low carb vegan program.

Hope you all have a great week!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
[ATTACH]Attachment 51444[/ATTACH]These were today!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #304

Quote:
It was a wonderful day with Fox! I held him the entire time I was there except for Pawpaw's turn. LOL He is such a happy baby!! I tried to get as much smooching and hugging as possible. I just love him sooooo much!!
I'm so happy for you and he is ADORABLE!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #305

Good morning. Welcome LCH.

Well about ds and school, I was talking on the phone to my bff and thought dh was in the shower. He wasn't--lol, ooops. He had all day to process it, kept quiet and then last night we talked. He spent the day watching football with ds18 and had a very hard time not talking to him about it. It just wasn't the time plus he didn't really know the whole story. Now he does. DS18 is off tonight---oh joy, so we'll be having a family discussion.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! I lost 1 of the 1 1/2 lbs I gained(FOR NO REASON!!) We had such a good time with our little Fox!! Thanks, chewie, so much!! There was a good atmosphere and they seemed to enjoy our visit too. I know I had a lot of prayers and good thoughts from family and LCF family!!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- I will pray for your family today before your meeting. I know it's difficult.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #308

After a few phone calls and research it looks like my ds18 will retain his scholarship after we jump through some hoops. Going to his dr tomorrow---ADD issue which I truly believe is part of the problem. Then we have oodles of forms to submit to put the scholarship on hold for up to a year. We will be looking into community college next. I think the smaller classes will be better for him as does he.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Great News!! So happy that it seems to be working out!!PTL!!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #310

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
It was a wonderful day with Fox! I held him the entire time I was there except for Pawpaw's turn. LOL He is such a happy baby!! I tried to get as much smooching and hugging as possible. I just love him sooooo much!!
i am soo happy for all 3 of you! and yes you are as smart as me! i just clicked on what you uploaded that opened them bigger copied the url and added IMG code to it!
kenny and ashley were down last night and ASKED if we would stay with them the first week after Molly is born (now i do NOT believe it will actually HAPPEN that way) but we told them we would we will see
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. Welcome LCH.

Well about ds and school, I was talking on the phone to my bff and thought dh was in the shower. He wasn't--lol, ooops. He had all day to process it, kept quiet and then last night we talked. He spent the day watching football with ds18 and had a very hard time not talking to him about it. It just wasn't the time plus he didn't really know the whole story. Now he does. DS18 is off tonight---oh joy, so we'll be having a family discussion.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #312

been running around like a chicken with my head cut off arraigning payments (UGH the hospital wouldn't take any less than 25 a month and we already had soo many others set at that amount) getting the statement from unemployment ken needed and was able to fax it from the library in that town soo didn't have to run to EKU but that meant i also wasn't able to run to EKU and maybe see my boy ran the papers from allsup over to knoxville to Ken's VA doc and HOPE that different check in person than normal will get them to him UGH i am just frazzled and of course the towns i went to today one was North of us then had to run south of us my poor van it turned 215000 miles on it last friday not attempted the bathroom yet(FLYLADY'S MISSION) and i gotta get started on that cake!!
Ken had a really really bad weekend and today isn't much better IDK what to do
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 09-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbHater View Post
Hello everyone,

Just recently joined and just found this group tonight. I would love to join! Just started doing Atkins again so I am learning a lot along the way!
nice to meet you!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #314

if i can find the ingrdients at the store i am going to make this! it sounds YUMMY!

Quote:
Keto Reuben Casserole

PREP: 20 minsCOOK: 20 minsREADY IN: 40 mins
Ingredients
1/2 pound corned beef diced
1 can sauerkraut drained
2 cups swiss cheese shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 packet cream cheese
1/2 cup low-sugar ketchup
2 tablespoons pickle brine
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a sauce pan, melt the cream cheese, mayonnaise and ketchup over low heat. While that is melting, slice and dice your corned beef into half inch chunks.
Once the the mixture is melted, add the can of drained sauerkraut, a cup and a half of the swiss cheese and chopped corned beef. Mix until all incorporated and the cheese is melted.
Take the sauce of the heat and mix in the pickle juice if you have it. If not, add a tablespoon of salt, a teaspoon of vinegar and a pinch of garlic salt.
Pour into a greased dish (I used a 9 inch pie pan) and top with remaining swiss cheese. Garnish by sprinkling caraway seeds on.
Pop in the oven for about 20 minutes until the mixture is bubbling and the cheese on top is melted.
Enjoy!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #315

Deb--we love corned beef and reubens. When I went to sam's I looked at the packaged corned beef---it was $10 so I didn't buy it. Just couldn't justify that cost although I guess since it's all meat and lean, it's not that bad. I think it's 20 ounces.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #316

thanks Chewie! get this! today we filled up at sams since we were in knoxville dropping off those papers and ken used his card but then didn't put it away until we got home HE HAD SOME WOMANS CARD!!! sooo SOMETIME when we have been to sams they gave us back the wrong card! was on the phone trying to get that straightened out thank GOODNESS no one had charged anything on it! who knows how long it has been out there?? so ours with the CC on it has been canceled until we can get back over there HOPEFULLY no bad luck might be a little while
i was thinking of looking at the deli in walmart and see if they had a sorta low in carbs corned beef deli meat and i could just get a half pound or so sliced because that casserole sounded soo good and there is only ken and me here now soo smaller portions and different ken says i am only feeding him green food!
Ashley called she had been to the doc and Mollykins is getting close to 5 pounds! i think Ashley said they estimated 4 pounds 11oz
Old 09-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Deb!! They asked you to spend the week with them. Even if they don't, at least they asked!! That didn't sound too simple how you enlarged my pics! Hope Ken has a better day tomorrow!!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #318

thank you my friend! they came by tonight on the way home from the doctors and i got to see mollykins moving! they made a dvd at the doctor's office today! that girl has some long toes just like her Daddy!if i can figure out how to upload the video i will send a link for it in here i bet it takes a long time but i will figure it out

is it cooler where you are??? it has been much better here!
i am going to hit the sheets! my book awaits hopefully tomorrow will be a good day to for us all
Old 09-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

A little cooler here too. Finally. Good Night Friends!!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! Well, I don't know what's with my SCALE!! Gained again and NO REASON FOR IT!!!
Not planning on doing much today; I think I must have bursted a vein on top of my right foot or maybe it's arthritis. My right foot does this at times but it looks dark on top. Hard to put weight on it. Whatever(my new word of choice)!

Hope you all have a good day. I'll be back later.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #321

It got hot here again. Yuck. I already got the laundry going and decorated my family room and kitchen for fall. I want to get some fake leaf garland for my mantle later and make a fall wreath. I have a wreath base but need leaves and fall flowers.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #322

got breakfast done and paid a bill online that i forgot yesterday and that is about all i have done today SIGH
Ken is in soo much pain today he is just curled up tight on the couch

Sunday is the Equinox!
jan i hope you get feeling better Annett too she hasn't checked in for a few days!
Chewie i have my halloween table cloth on the table!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #323

is this color too blue for a girl's cake?? She is already saying there is pink overload and i thought a teal something like i used for the backing on molly's quilt might work and i could do pink for the sash?? what do you guys thin k?/ i am thinking of doing purple but IDK about that either i am asking for the dress part only the bottom cake i am just going to do all white and i have some plastic decorations for the sides of it

AND i think i will do the bottom in white almond wedding cake LOL i LOVE the flavor and it is good and dense able to hold the second layer bettter
Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #324

ooh look at this soft purple! wonder if i could do that color? i guess all i can do is try

Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Either would be beautiful!! You are so talented!! Wish we lived closer. I'd drive you crazy trying all your creations.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #326

Quote:
Either would be beautiful!! You are so talented!! Wish we lived closer. I'd drive you crazy trying all your creations.
thank you LOL i am creative but a terrible housekeeper messy messy messy!and i have kittehs! how are you doing today???
Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
This morning I made it into twoferland well 299.4 lbs but I will count it. Then I ate breakfast and was back above 300. As lots of us do I drink a whole lot of fluids which sort of explains what hapened later in the day. Over a 3 and 1/2 hour period I had my 3 month check up at 3 diferent dr's. At the first Dr's I weighed 306, then 305 at the next Dr. and 304 at the last Dr. Darn if this water weight flucation can't work on your mind if you let it.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
This morning I made it into twoferland well 299.4 lbs but I will count it. Then I ate breakfast and was back above 300. As lots of us do I drink a whole lot of fluids which sort of explains what hapened later in the day. Over a 3 and 1/2 hour period I had my 3 month check up at 3 diferent dr's. At the first Dr's I weighed 306, then 305 at the next Dr. and 304 at the last Dr. Darn if this water weight flucation can't work on your mind if you let it.
of course it counts! only weigh in the morning before eating lol! welcome to TWOTERVILLE!! weight fluctuates all day long one reading is all you count and heck at the docs i have clothes on! i don't on first mornings weight
food you eat weighs something liquids too
Old 09-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

to Twoterville!!!! It's beautiful here! Just ask Eliza! Palm trees and lovely weather every day! See you at sunset!
Chewie- If I could walk better, I would get mine out. I am ready to rush Fall in.

Deb- Sorry about Ken! I was hoping he would have a better day today.

Don't know what's the matter with my stupid foot.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

By the way, where is Eliza? Working hard I suppose. Bless her heart!