Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
I'd like to join you ladies. I had 100# to lose to start with, I'm down 42 of them at this point. WOW written down it just sounds like more than saying it. I love to cook so gonna have to try Stacie's chicken.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SC80075
Stats: 304/291.4/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 08/13/13
Hi Laura!

Welcome to the group. The chicken was delicious, but I love Sophie's idea of fresh mushrooms. It was spur of the moment and I used what was in the house, but definitely the fresh mushrooms would make it even better.

Sophie -- I have fibromyalgia, and the soy sauce will make me hurt for days - LOL. Not sure why I did that, but it tasted so good I will definitely suffer through it again. I woke up this a.m. feeling like a train hit me -- every muscle aches and throbs. Took me a minute to realize what it was -- oh yeah, soy. When I was first diagnosed with fibro, I was working at a hospital that ONLY served soy food in their meals -- so we had soy burgers, soy chicken, soy beef ... (you get the picture). I was in chronic, severe pain and went to the Dr., and that's when we found out about the fibro. I stopped eating soy and carbs (was reading that processed foods make it worse as well) and that's when I lost 65 pounds the first time. If it weren't for the fact that Carissa (my 19 year old) could drink soy from the bottle she loves it so much, I probably wouldn't have it in the house.

Sophie, your house sounds beautiful! I want to come live with you ... I'm in a very very old house that my brother owns/owned. He basically gave it to me after my divorce, but it needs a TON of work. I WAS a couch potato, and so far, I haven't managed to get much of anything done. That combined with the fact that trying to raise the kids on my own, I'm always broke. I didn't work from December until the end of April trying to find work. Now, I have a decent job, one that will lead to many other much more than decent jobs, but I was so far behind that I'm still not caught up. This weight loss journey is just one of several I am making to a better, more healthful and happier me.

I think my goal is going to be to get trim, look good (I've never been beautiful, but I can try for cute - LOL) and then perhaps start looking for a new soul mate -- I have mixed emotions about dating, but as I am right now, there would be no hope of finding someone -- once I'm hot, we'll see. LOL.

Anyway -- I'm going to post my stupid weight in another post so if I need to refer back to it I can find it. I did make a chart, but couldn't get it to upload -- I'll keep working on that once I get everyone else's weight today.

New members, don't forgot to post your weight info too

Off to the gym! Have a fantastic day everyone!

Stacie
SC80075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

My Sunday weigh-in ...
same as it's been for nearly the last week .... 291.4. I could scream!

Stacie
Old 09-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
good morning ladies!!! Friday was supposed to be the beginning of my clean-low carb eating, but I ended up eating a raisin cookie and a bratwurst w/bun at the football scrimmage. Saturday was much better - stayed on plan and even resisted Zebra cupcakes and McD's french fries -
Sat:
bmelet w/ham, cheese and mushrooms
l: 3 chicken McD's chicken nuggets (I know not the best choice)
continued when I got home with a stuffed pepper
d: bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast

Sun:
b: omelet w/ham, cheese and mushrooms
l:stuffed pepper
d:bacon wrapped stufffed chicken breast
s: black pepper and sea salt sunflower seeds
Old 09-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

My Sunday weigh in
09/01/13 - 297
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
9/1-252

Goal9/30- 243

Goal daily exercise - 3 miles daily, 20 minutes of pilates
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Sophia - great news you should be proud of yourself...

Laura we have a great group here...

well, this week was not a good week... and I did it to myself.... did not always eat clean...... but will start now......did 50 min. of WA this morning...

but was up so my weigh in today was 300 - but I will work really hard this coming week....

everyone have a great safe holiday tomorrow......
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: baglady38462
Stats: 277/262/150
Start Date: July 2013
Hello ladies, my weigh in this morning was 260. Keep up the great work! I have been cooking up a storm today, I made a batch of Atkins meat loaf( mini loaves) a batch of Spinach lasagna and deep dish pizza crust for a pizza one day this week( all recipes came from ( Linda's low carb recipes) the meatloaf and lasagna I froze in individual servings for quick meals during the work week. My husband and 20 year old son don't like what I eat( they won't try it) so my son helps me cook for them. They are supportive and I am lucky to have them. Have a good week everyone!
baglady38462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

I'm at 203.4 today. I work 3rds so my posting time is weird compared to everyone else's. It's 7:41 and I've just had breakfast. I have been craving Pizza Hut boneless hot wings so I made this ... oh the "fries" are turnips.

I bought the greatest thing. I drink a lot of soda or crystal light in seltzer water so I went out and got the sodastream. Love it. Have been having italian sodas like crazy, gonna have to watch that.

baglady38462 - I like to freeze stuff ahead also. I got a stack of containers like from the restaurant at Costco to freeze ahead. I cook for just me right now. The roommate thinks I eat funny. So I cook meals and freeze it up for the days I don't get any sleep and roll out of bed when I need to be getting ready for work. I do miss my cooking nights. I haven't' had a day off of work in over 6 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (35.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Oh boy I fell off the low-carb wagon hard today -- fell so hard I think I bruised my rear. LOL. Went to the movies and saw Blue Jasmine (didn't like it -- not a big Woody Allan fan though -- had I watched the trailer, I would have known better) and ate an extra small bag of popcorn. Then, had the double steak cantina tacos at taco bell, and finished the night off with a chocolate soft serve ice cream. I feel awful. Ick. At least I started my day out well, I went to the gym, walked 1.25 miles on the treadmill and did .25 miles on the elliptical. I was so not into it.

Tomorrow is another day, and maybe my body needed the carb/calorie boost to finally break that 291.4. This did not derail me, and I knew exactly what I was doing. It wasn't uncontrolled cravings, it was a decision I made. I'm good with it.

I'm sure I'll see a higher weight bounce tomorrow, and I accept that, but I have a suspicion it will end up being a benefit overall. nope, I'm not in denial. LOL

Stacie
Old 09-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophiaMaria
Stats: 254.4
Start Date: Lean and Green and a few fruits
Well, 237.8 this mourning for me! I'm doing the dance in here for myself!
SophiaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Weekly Weigh In Sep. 1st, 2013

Names .... SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8
Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4
Diana .... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0
Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0
Fonda .... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0
Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0
Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4
Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... ?????
Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... ?????
Burlesml. 250.0 ... ?????? ..... ?????
Raphaela 208.0 ... ?????? ..... ?????

Laura! Congratulations, you're doing great! You'll be an inspiration for most of us in here. Already so close to "Onederland"! We'll be rooting for you to get there by next weigh in. You go girl! What do you do for living, if I may ask? How can you work 6 weeks without a day off? I would go crazy. You must love what you do.

Stacie, my dear, you didn't fall of the wagon, it sounds more like you jumped off of it. But I guess you enjoy your pain if you keep eating that stuff. Masochist too, huh? But you know what works best for you, right? But I still love you

Fonda, what are you doing to yourself? Girl, breaded and fried chicken (the nasty "nuggets") are the worst. And then a huge hotdog with buns and then chocolate ice-cream??? Are you insane?

I really think you girls are trying to compete with each other (including Stacie and Diana) this weekend to see who will gain the most weight in here!?! I don't get it

Ooooops, sorry Fonda, the chocolate ice cream and popcorn and the double steak cantina tacos belongs to Stacie. My mistake, you girls are driving me crazy in here

If I were to eat like you girls, I would definitely gain weight instead

Hey, Fonda, you got me curious, what was your chicken breast and Pepper stuffed with, if I may ask?

Sammi, I love your daily exercise goals. You have motivated me to start doing some Yoga or even Pilates again. I'll commit to doing it at least twice a week (my workouts last one hour and a half). It will be tough, but I'll do it this week. I'm so out of shape.

OK, Diana, no more cheating, do you hear me? Hmmm, we need to change those numbers, my friend. Take a good look at them this week, because this the last time you'll post them in here from now on, OK?! Promise me!?! I'll hold you to that.

Laura, since you are already a Senior in here, could you post a link for us with our chart in a spread sheet, if you know how to make one, that is?

Since I got no response to a group name suggestion for us in here, will remain nameless.

Hoping to hear from the others by tomorrow.

Good night ladies.

Sophie
Old 09-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
I'm not going to weigh in until Wednesday as I've had to get my OH to hide the scales, however last Wednesday I weighed in at 198.5 so I'll use that figure!

Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... ?????
Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5

Stacie - I have fibro too and I'm reading more and more literature about cutting carbs helping with the pain etc,. I don't think it helps that most of the medication that I take for that & M.E has the side effect of 'Weight Gain'. Hadn't realised soy was a factor too?

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

I work in the logistics office of Reckitt Benckiser - St Peters, MO. Most days I do like my job... then there's the rest of the days. I do a wide range of jobs so it never gets boring. We are currently a person short on 3rd shift so I fill in. Even when we have everyone I work 6 days a week. Working all the times does have the side effect of great checks though and I'm having a blast spending them.

I am getting back into a relationship with my ex. So there's a bit of stress in that department cuz we're in different states and a lot of stress at work. But I think I'm doing pretty well at still losing and keeping things level. Hopefully I get a day off this coming Friday night. It will be the last one for the month though. Anyway I'm rambling...

Oh and I'm not sure how to do the chart but I know who to ask about it. So let me do some asking and research and we'll get er done!

Second OH... Reckitt Benckiser makes Lysol, Woolite, Jet Dry, Old English Lime A Way, Franks Red Hot, French's Mustard, etc. The location I work at makes a lot of the cleaning products.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 09-02-2013 at 01:28 AM..
Old 09-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gina,

Gina: Yes, at least for me, soy is a very strong factory -- one of the worst triggers possible. It makes my entire body ache terribly. I take lyrica for my fibro, and it causes weight gain - so yeah, it's frustrating. I was also taking Elavil because after the divorce, I struggled with some pretty emotional times -- I cried for a week straight and finally went to the Dr. I took myself off the Elavil almost 2 weeks ago and I have still been fine -- I guess endorphins from exercise or something. I think it's that I am just happier with myself. There is a lot of info on the web about soy and fibro -- but it seems people of are varying opinions. For me, it is a huge trigger, but I know some people with fibro that actually eat a lot of soy and say it helps. I think it's tolerances and each person is a little different. I'm hoping if I shed some more pounds the pain will lessen over time. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here. I never bring it up with my family anymore because I can see the rolling eyes and the lack of belief. I mixed feelings -- one part of me wants someone else in my family to suffer from it, so they see what I'm talking about, and the other part of me would never wish this on my worst enemy, let alone my family.

Sophie:

Congrats on your loss. You are doing so fantastic! I think I would pass out if I saw a loss that significant! I did purposefully eat poorly yesterday. If I'm going to do it, I'm not going to try to excuse myself and say I couldn't help it -- I am stronger than that and I know I could have. Thing is, ordinary people can have a night out, go to the movies and eat popcorn, have dinner out, and even enjoy dessert. I'm not making the claim that I am ordinary, but from time to time, a little treat doesn't hurt, and it does make me appreciate more what I'm doing and why. BUT -- in the past, when I have been stuck on a certain # on the scale, it has helped to "shake things up." When I was low carb, I would go high carb for a day, then hop right back into ketosis and it would drop the extra pound or two, plus the offending ones within a week. When I would calorie count, sometimes a splurge day would shake things up. As long as I haven't completely derailed myself (which I have not) I'm totally fine with a free day every once in a while. That said, my gut is still crying about what I put in it yesterday. I am definitely out of ketosis, so now I can check and see how long it will take to go back, and see if it does shake things up. I will most definitely avoid the soy in the future though -- my hands still hurt when I type, my legs are ACHING awful bad, and I just feel off. My workout suffered yesterday because of the pain in my body and I could not get my mind into my routine. It was definitely "the day" to shake things up if I was going to do it. I'm still getting on the scale in a minute to see what damage I've done.

I'm going on vacation next weekend with nearly my entire family -- I mean sister, nieces and nephews, my kids, cousins, etc. We're going camping at the beach for a couple of nights. I'm willing to bet there will be alcohol and significant off plan eating involved, not to mention no gym time -- so I guess this week will be a test run for next. (sigh).

Stacie
Old 09-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Weight today, 292.6. We'll see what tomorrow brings now.

Stacie
Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC80075 View Post
one part of me wants someone else in my family to suffer from it, so they see what I'm talking about, and the other part of me would never wish this on my worst enemy, let alone my family
I Soooo know what you mean!
My Mum & Boyfriend both try to be very understanding but no matter how hard I know they're trying there's no explaining.

I'm having problems at work, I had Friday off sick and my bosses response "It's always Mondays or Fridays you're off Gina, this just isn't good enough!" What does she think I'm doing - partying¬!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

LOL - Gina -- probably that's exactly what she thinks. I've had kind of a rough run here in the last few weeks and have missed quiet a bit of time, but my boss (so far) is amazing and understands. I don't want to make a bad impression though, because I'm hoping to use this job as a stepping stone to a much much better one. My niece makes over $90,000 USD in a similar position and I'm ready to make that much money as well.

How is the weather in the UK? Is it beginning to turn fall there? Here in Pennsylvania, I can see it in the colors during the day - fall is definitely on the way. Do you find that your fibro hurts more in the summer or the winter? Mine seems like it really gets bad when the weather gets cold ... Won't be long now, I guess. I swear when my kids grow up and move out, i'm going to move some place exotic where it's warm all the time ...

Stacie
Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I meant to say, Sophie -- if you want to start a new thread for the month, maybe we could call it the FOS club. (Friends of Sophie) . I saw in an earlier post that someone called us that, and I kind of liked it.

Stacie
Old 09-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Today it's cold, a bit of a shock to the system to be honest because we've had the longest period of sun this year for about 7-8 years. All of July and most of August it was actually hot. Taken a very sudden dip though, we actually had to put the heating on at home yesterday!

Oh.... I like that idea... 'Friends of Sophie.. September Thread!' x
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

"Hey, Fonda, you got me curious, what was your chicken breast and Pepper stuffed with, if I may ask?"

chicken breast was stuffed with onion/chive cream cheese wrapped with bacon.

pepper was stuffed with hamburger/turkey combo, mozz cheese, a little tomato paste and diced tomatoes w/green chilis.

I really liked the stuffed chicken! My oven isn't working, so I cooked them in the crockpot ----turned out really good and didn't heat the house. The stuffed green peppers ---turned out ok. My supervisor has been eating regular stuffed peppers lately and they smelled so good, so I had to make some.

My family liked the chicken, but did not like the peppers. They are getting good about eating sandwiches and fending for themselves!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I made it through yesterday without falling off plan - yea!!! Menu for the day is the same as yesterday: omelet, stuffed pepper and stuffed chicken breast - sunflower seeds. I realize the seeds are the not the best thing, but it helps me from from eating from the vending machine or things I should not be eating.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

That stuffed chicken sounds delicious!!! I'm going to have to try that later this week. We had chicken on Saturday, so kids won't want it again for a few days. I think today will be either hotdogs or turkey burgers if it stops raining. Unfortunately, my escapades yesterday seem to have put me in gastric shock or something -- I'm not even remotely hungry.

Stacie
Old 09-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
9/1 251.6 Bleh
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
baglady - you have a great hubby and son helping you and you meals sound

laura - your meal looks good.....

Stacie - great that you went to the gym after not eating clean... and have fun camping... when my sons were small we used to camp a lot.. we had a great travel trailer... what fun and memories....and for exercise walk along the beach and in the water....

Sophia - good job this week and thanks for the support for me....
and I like the name that Stacie thought of... FOS Club.... that would be a good one.....

well, back on the wagon..... had my eggs and bacon this morning.... and I have homemade chicken and veggie soup for lunch... do not know what for dinner.... I make the stuffed chicken a lot... and I also do that with my large mushrooms.... take 2 T. of cream cheese with spices I like and stuff it in the mushroom and then wrap it with bacon... it is soooo good... fells like I am eating something really special.....
no WA today... as my HC is closed today... but will do my walking tape... I need to do my walking tape everyday..... that will be a new goal for Sept.

doing nothing special today.... my sons and families are in Michigan.... and I usually do not do anything with my sister and nephew down here on these holidays (only on Thanksgiving and Christmas).... but tomorrow going out with friends to see "The Butler" movie... and will NOT have popcorn.... found out that just a small bag of popcorn is about 15 carbs.... a lot of carbs for just a snack...... so I will hang tough.... and I know that I can again have popcorn, but just not now.......

well, everyone have a great and safe holiday..... love ya all

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Gina, for the update!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Laura, I'm impressed with your schedule. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for trying to help us with our chart in here.

I just noticed you've been around for a while, right? Your last post was "#500".
WOW

Sophie
Old 09-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, I think what you are saying here is that from time to time you shock your body with "food" so you can start losing again, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. As long as this is working for you, keep it going.

Regarding Fibromyalgia, I also had it (Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety).

I had it when I was at my highest weight and into sugar, flour and all the other refined carbs and junky foods. But since I've eliminate totally sugar, flour, soy, artificial sugars, sodas or any other refined carbs, I don't ache any more. The inflammation is gone and so is the edema (water retention). I do feel much better now though. And I don't take any anti-inflammatory meds anymore either.

But I've been there and know exactly how you and Gina feel. As soon as you remove all that junk out of your system and diet (I mean total abstinence), you guys will know what I'm talking about. It's FREEDOM!!! And with it, the weight will melt away and that's how I got down to 160 pounds last year.

Then I thought I was cured and that I could eat like a "normal" person again and as soon as I started eating sugar and flour, soy, artificial sugars and all the other refined carbs, not only the weight piled back up very fast but all the symptoms came back with it too. And I am where I am today. Being there and done that a few times now. Lesson learned.

Sophie
Old 09-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Sophie it just means I talk alot.

Hard getting going today stayed in bed forever. So thank goodness for the freezer full of low carb dinners ready to go. I think my body is just really ready for a day off... a day to decompress.

Getting chicken out of the freezer for the stuffed chicken. I haven't had chicken in a month and a half since I moved, the roommate doesn't like it so I haven't been cooking it but I think he's screwed... too many chicken recipes sound
Old 09-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Weekly Weigh In on SUNDAYS:

Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6
Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5

Laura, you're too funny.

Anyway, does anyone know when we are allowed to post pictures in here?

Gina, my suggestion is for you to do something nice for your boss (buy her some flowers or chocolate) and then thank her for her understanding. Explain to her how hard it can be for you and how some people (who don't understand how we feel) can judge us wrongly. My Grandma always told me that we can catch more flies with honey. In other words, try to get her to be on your side, that's what I mean. And good luck there!

I love the fall. I've never been to England, but I've been to Philly and it's gorgeous out there during the fall.

Stacie, please, take lots of pictures to share with us if you can.

Fonda, that sounds sinfully delicious Yummy. I'm drooling over here. now I'm going to make myself some roasted chicken with lots of fine Herbs, Fresh squeezed Lime Juice and lots of fresh Garlic. I love garlic. No kissing honey after that

I also don't eat dairy products. So no cheese for me. Don't get me wrong, I love cheese, I could live on cheese and bread alone. But my body doesn't like it. UGH That makes me so mad sometimes Well, that's the price I've got to pay for my health and well being.

Fonda, how old are your kids? Hope they're old enough to fend for themselves You're doing pretty good. Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC80075 View Post

Sophie:

Congrats on your loss. You are doing so fantastic! I think I would pass out if I saw a loss that significant!
Stacie
Stacie, you could handle it and you would not pass out, my friend, you would love it. And I have to confess that I eat a lot and it's all Yummy.

Seeing your numbers today, we can see that the damage wasn't too bad, huh?

By the way, why don't you move to California? The weather here is just perfect. I love it! Florida would be nice too, but is too humid for me and there are way too many bugs over there (between the mosquitos and cockroaches). I hate them, Without mentioning the Hurricanes. I feel sorry for them.

Diana, you're welcome. I'm glad you're back on the wagon and made a decision of not jumping off of it again any time soon. At least with regards to the popcorn at the movies

Thank you ladies for the suggestion for our new thread. You guys are too cute! I'll create the new Thread and will post the link in here for you girls, OK?

See you all in there tomorrow. Good night now

Sophie