Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophiaMaria
Stats: 254.4
Start Date: Lean and Green and a few fruits
Stacie, I'm also not going anywhere for the weekend. I can't stand the traffic and places with too many people.

Planning to have a very relaxing long weekend with my family!

Sophie
SophiaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Sammi, glad to hear "your head is back into it again" ... Going to Spain in July is a great motivation for you lose the extra weight. You'll feel so much better!

You know it will be a lot of walking going up and down (too many stairs over there). But it's a beautiful Country.

I love the warm weather, but today it was very hot over here too. I think it was in the low 90s-93 or something like that. But pretty soon the fall will be here and it is one of my favorite times of the year, after Spring!

Keep working the program! It only works if we work it!

Sophie
Old 08-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Diana, I'm so proud of you for your exercise routine.
I wish I had the energy. But I guess it's like everything else,
we just need to take the first step, right!?!

But I do enjoy my daily walks!

Hope you also had a great day!

Sophie
Old 08-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Fonda, Happy Anniversary in advance!

I love to go shopping ... and I love to cook too!

WOW, girl, you drink a lot of water. I would drown myself if I had to drink so much.

I went to a Nutritionist and she told me that we may lose too much electrolytes if we drink too much water. She told me I just need to drink 80 oz a day. But I do drink more because it's the Summer and I feel very tired if I don't drink more water. And she was OK with it. But she just told me not to feel obligated to drink a whole gallon of water on a daily basis. I thought it was interesting.

Hope you'll have a great Low Carb day tomorrow!

Sophie
Old 08-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, I take my hat off for you, my girl! You're doing so good with your work out!

Gosh, just wish I had your disposition! What shocks me to know is that you do all that in pain with your knees aching very badly. I applaud you

But I pray that as the weight comes off, all these pain and aches will disappear.

Stay well and be gentle with yourself!

Good night!

Sophie
Old 08-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I had to go to a parent meeting for the football team yesterday. I was the only non-skinny mom there. The ONLY one. It was so depressing.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SC80075
Stats: 304/291.4/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 08/13/13
I know we're only officially weighing in once a week here, but it helps me to keep track of my weight -- so I hope you all don't mind if I continue to post daily? I'm not journaling yet --- my posts are sort of my own journal .

This a.m. I was 290.6. I'm SO close to the 289s. What's even better is that I woke up this a.m. and my legs hardly hurt at all. I'm definitely going back to the gym tonight. I'm going to try for .5 miles on the elliptical, and 1.5 walking -- switch it up a bit. My goal for this week (another topic in the main forum) is to manage being on the treadmill for 10 minutes. I made that goal thinking it would be very difficult, but last night I made it 8 minutes -- so it is definitely doable.

Stacie
SC80075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Sammi,

Spain sounds terrific. I think we (all of us low-carb people in this thread supporting each other) should make plans to travel together next summer. Get to meet, show off our weight loss, and bind what seems to be a very strong friendship forming. Money is tight for me, but I travel at least once a year anyway, and I'm planning on taking my 19 year old daughter (who is also eating low carb) somewhere in Europe ... If we all meet and go together we won't be the only non-skinny people there ... Just a thought.

Stacie
Old 08-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Aw Jazlyn,
I've been there -- I feel your pain. Keep going and before you know it, you'll fit right in. I want to Prague and Krakow as the only "non-skinny" person possibly in both countries - LOL - I NEVER - in the weeks that I was there - saw another heavy person. It's awkward for sure.

Stacie
Old 08-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Sophie,

I hope you feel better today. It's tough getting a cold. Until recently, my immune system has been horrible. I get sick a lot. My Dr. said my weight actually has something to do with that. I don't get it, but ok. maybe now I won't?

3 weeks ago, I spent 12 hours a day sitting on the couch when I wasn't working. I have a back injury that presses on my sciatic nerve that caused enough damage that I have mild foot drop on my left side. In addition, both of my knees are arthritic. When I sit, sometimes I can't get back up -- it's a slow process. 3 weeks ago, I had a hard time walking around the grocery store -- I just didn't have enough energy or strength. You'd be absolutely amazed at what you CAN accomplish if you put your mind to it. As I said before, the first day I went to the gym, I was in agony and literally hanging on to the treadmill to manage to walk a half a mile. That was slightly less than 3 weeks ago. I've been going 4 or 5 times a week even when I desperately do not want to go. I've increased each time I've been - whether it was distance or speed -- so that when I left, I felt an amazing sense of accomplishment. Today, I am excited about going back.

Sophie, you say that you don't have energy to do it, or that you can't do it, or I think you once said you were too lazy to do it. I was (and am) too. I'm one of the laziest people ever - LOL - I LOVE to sit on the couch and watch movies and eat junk food. BUT -- if you want to reach your goal and be the you you deserve to be, you've got to make time and commit to getting stronger and healthier. I'm not saying go to a gym -- go for a walk with some good music on your ipod, or try water aerobics or whatever is available to you. try it today -- just a small accomplishment -- I'll help encourage you or nag you or whatever you want -- and we'll do it together -- we can both be strong, beautiful, sexy women!

I am sending this message with love hoping you'll decide to try -- please forgive me if it is too pushy or sounds to preachy. I'm just saying I've been (and could easily return) to where you are now -- but we can get out of that space together.

Stacie
Old 08-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Briana23
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2013
hi all :)

Good Morning Ladies..

Im new to the site and I read through some of your posts and I wanted to see if I could join this group..it makes it easier to weigh in with someone everyday

I want to lose about 50lbs

I was 217 last year but started medication for my throid and got down to about 205..I have been doing Low carb for the past week and im down to 199

I have done low carb in the past and had pretty good success..but always seem to mess up on the weekends..

It would be great to join a group to check in with

HAPPY FRIDAY hope everyone has a great weekend

Briana
Briana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Brinna - welcome aboard...... great support group here.

Stacie - your will hit the 280's soon... and I am glad that you are not hurting today.... still if you could get to a pool... so much easier on your knees and legs and back.... and it feels wonderful....

Sophie - I try to drink a lot of water... I always order water with lemon in restaurants... and try to have a glass of ice water always there by my side...I know that it helps me

my sister and I went and did 50 min of WA today... again felt so good in the water..... will try to eat very clean today... still at a stall, but it is my fault - I did have those two meals out and was not perfect...

everyone have a great day... and safe holiday weekend....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Welcome Briana !Good Morning to All,

I am down to 252 this morning. It is such a beautiful day out. Not a cloud in the sky. No plans for the weekend, just relaxing. I wish I had a pool. Briana, these forums really do help me. I read them over and over ,especially the sucess stories.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by Sammi; 08-30-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good morning! it is still early in the day, but eating is going good on the carbs! My weight was still the same this morning when I went to go donate plasma, but next week that number will be less!!!!!

Stacie: WTG on the walking/exercise. I enjoys walking - just got to get my butt up and start, and once I get going it isn't so bad, lol!

Sophia: Awesome news on the -2.6 lbs.

Jazlyn: HUGS - I totally feel for you. My son began 7th grade football this year at a new school and I am so conscience of me being larger than the majority of the other moms - but I just grin and go with it - I -WE- will be smaller by the end of the season.

Briana: WELCOME

Diana: Water aerobics sound like fun. A few years ago our local pool offered it 2 nights a week for a 6-8 wk period and it was fun but I didn't get to go often due to my work schedule.

Sammi: Congrats on the scale moving down.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Just stopped in the library for a few minutes to see how everyone was doing. My crockpot lasagna was pretty good yesterday. My son and I ate it and didn't complain, but my husband and 7 year old daughter complained because it had spinach in it. OH well, don't eat it - leave it for me and fix yourself something else!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

What happened to our group today? Everyone worn out from the week? I finished my goal of 10 minutes on the elliptical and still walked 1.67 miles for a total of over 2 miles today. I'm just now having dinner, but I hope everyone had an excellent day!

Stacie
Old 08-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Brianna

Where is everyone? I'm worried about our little group here. Don't forget that tomorrow is weigh-in. I can go ahead and predict mine -- it'll be 291.2. LOL My scale seems to be loving that number this week. Maybe I'll get my surprise 289.something tomorrow.

Oh well, I'm running late for work -- gonna take a quick bath and get moving. Saturdays do tend to be a little slower, so I'll pop on throughout the day. Looking forward to hearing how everyone else's day was yesterday ...

Stacie
Old 08-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi everyone,

I have to get an oil change today. They always seem to find something wrong with my car. It's only two years old for heavens sakes. I'm a femal and don't know a thing about autos and I swear they know it.
But anyways, I am still 252 but going strong. No cheating what so ever.

Jazlyn, I know ow you feel about the football mothers. I still scan the crowd wherever I go to see if I am the biggest on there. It is just a ha bit of mine. I know have the mindset, I am the biggest now ,but next year at his time it WILL be different!

I will check back in later.
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Good luck with the oil change, Sammi

I'm blessed in that 2 of my brothers are mechanics, so while they *still* find things wrong with my car, they also fix it free of charge ...

Congrats on sticking with the plan. I agree, we'll all feel better in a year .

Stacie
Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Glad you are here Briana!

Even though I'm the fattest one at football, you girls are right. I will be smaller by track next spring.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies!

Great news: drum roll please! 238.4 I'm officially out of the house of the 40s WOOHOO ME SO HAPPY!

I was so miserable yesterday and I had to clean my house, (my clean lady just got fired for standing me up another day). Then I had to set the table and cook for 9 people and entertained until 11:00 P.M. I still have a bad cold and am expectorating a lot. But am already taking all the medications necessary and am starting to feel better.

I have 2 questions: how can I make the last page or post appears first in here when I open this website!?! It always opens on my first post. Then I have to scroll down and look for the last page/post.

Another question: Did you guys think of a name for our group in here!?! Tomorrow is Sunday September 1st and our official weight in day. I still need to get some of your starting weight from a week or 2 ago and your current weight for our chart in here tomorrow. I know some of you have already dropped 100 pounds before, (which is a huge accomplishment ) but you can have that appear on your profile. Just wanna be fair to everybody.

I'll be back later to reply to each one of you individually, OK!?!

Sophie
Old 08-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Jazlyn, we all know exactly how you felt. But now you're doing something about it. Please, don't let that make you feel depressed. Pretty soon you'll be at goal weight. But start writing a journal and record exactly how your felt. May this be a lesson for you to learn from in the future when you get to your goal weight. Hope you won't go back to eating like you did before and then gain everything back like I did.

I have to confess that I still feel very embarrassed for having gained the weight back. People when they look at me must think that I will never lose weight and keep it off. I've done this so many times. I was down to 160.0 last time (last year) and now I'm back at 254.4 (well, 238.6 today).

I can see the expression and judgement on my neighbors faces and my friends from church. My family is even harder and tougher on me. I swear I feel like hiding from them all. I wish I could wake up skinny, but we need to do the work.

Hopefully, this is the last time I do this, because I'm not doing it for the looks anymore, but for my own well being and health.

So cheer up Jazlyn and learn from your own experiences.

Sophie
Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, I was reading your post #97 and you amaze me. I'm so proud of you, my girl! You and Diana are my inspiration in here when it comes to exercising Keep it up! You guys are doing great!

Sophie
Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, I'd love to go Italy or France next year. Actually, I was planning to go to both countries next year with my sister. Maybe we can meet somewhere over there. Hopefully our schedules will permit it. I can speak both languages (Italian and a little French) and we could have a great time.

But I have to disagree with you on something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC80075 View Post
Sammi,... If we all meet and go together we won't be the only non-skinny people there ... Just a thought.

Stacie
Since I can only speak for myself, I bet with you whatever you want that I'll be "skinny" and at my "goal weight" by next year.

Sophie
Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

I'm sure the recipe for this is posted somewhere, but I just had to share. Tonight, we pulled chicken from the freezer, and I'm kind of getting sick of the way I was cooking it. So tonight, I took a chicken breast, cut it into small cubes, sprayed my skillet with pam and started searing it. Then I dumped about half a bag of broccoli and cauliflower in, opened a can of stems and pieces mushrooms and dumped about a tablespoon of soy sauce over all of it. I put a lid on it and simmered for about 10 or 15 minutes and it was AMAZING!!! Both of my older kids ate it right up and my younger son tasted it and didn't hate it. If you're looking for something different, give this a try .

Stacie
Old 08-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, I wrote you a long post and I lost it I can't believe it

But here we go again. I was thanking you for your coaching and feedback. And No need to apologize for giving a loving, honest and sincere feedback to anyone in here. We are all in here to do this thing right once and for all. And we were all looking for a buddy and sincere feedback to motivate us. Again, NO apologies needed. I totally get where you're coming from. Thank you!

Maybe I didn't express myself clear enough when I said I was lazy. I was just referring to going to the gym. Actually, I don't like going to the gym for Hygiene reasons. I'll explain:

After paying a huge amount of money to become a member of a local high-end gym, I was working with my Personal Trainer and was getting ready to use a machine that a man was using it before me. When he left, the bench was so oily and sticky from his hair gel and body sweat that I asked my PT to ask the guy to clean it before I could use it. He didn't do a thing. So I left and never went back. It was gross and disgusting. You see, I'm a very picky and clean person.

But I walk everyday for 30 minutes twice a day. I also am starting a Zumba class next week if I'm feeling better from this cold.

I am not a couch potato but I did the 2-5K (from Couch Potato to Running a 5K in 12 weeks) last year and was running 45 minutes a day by the time I was down to 160.0 pounds.

I work hard in my house and my clean lady only comes once a month to do the heavy stuff for me.

I also enjoy Yoga and Pilates classes, as well as some dancing classes, like the one I mentioned above and Belly Dancing and Line Dancing. I have several DVDs and should go back to doing them at the comfort of my own house.

I have a big house with 6 bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms a huge kitchen, family room, formal dinning room and Living room and I clean it every day. I also cook fresh foods every meal for my family (3 times a day) and I don't use frozen nor canned foods in my house. I cook from scratch and clean up all the time. I also attend to my vegetable garden, flower beds and check on all my fruit trees on a daily basis. I feed the free and wild birds around my house and prepare the water with sugar for the humming birds on a weekly basis. I walk, cook and feed my dogs twice a day and wash them at home at least once a week.

I entertain a lot. Last night I had to feed and entertain 9 people even though I was sick as a dog and I cooked for all of them. I made home made mini quiches, wontons and mini eggrolls, salsa and chips for appetizers. Then for the main course I made Gnocchi (potato dumpplings, made by hand and from scratch - I grind my own whole wheat flour, boil and mash the potatoes and mix in Parmesan cheese and ground nutmeg for flavor) and serve it with homemade meat sauce made with my home grown organic tomatoes, garlic and onions, Extra virgin Olive Oil and butter. I also marinated and roasted a Pork Loin with fresh string beans and beef sausages and I also marinated and Roasted a Tri-Tip with Shiitaki mushrooms, fresh carrots and celery. A made an organic Salad and serve it with a home baked garlic bread. For Dessert I made a peach pie and served it with Vanilla ice-cream, Rocky Road, Chocolate Bear Claw and Peanut Butter Cup ice-creams. And each guest had one or two Ferrero Roche candy. The only thing I didn't make was the ice-cream. Whew, I'm tired just writing about it

I promise didn't touch a thing I could not eat. I was 100% on my program and today I was down to 238.6.

But as you can see, I keep myself very busy around here. I am only a couch potato when I am reading a good book, doing my crochet/knitting work or writing to you girls in here

But I appreciate your love and concern. Thank you!

Love,

Sophie
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Briana, what a beautiful name! to our team. And I already envy you (in a good way). You are already in "ONEDERLAND". But I plan to be there before the end of this year or so. You'll be my inspiration! Welcome!!!

We weigh in and report our weight every Sunday morning. Then when I get everybody's numbers I post it in a chart.

Looking forward to getting to know you better! By the way, who are you in this picture?

Sophie
Old 08-31-2013, 11:50 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Diana, great job on your water intake and WA. I'm so proud of you. Just need to be strong on your food choices. That can slow you down on your weight loss.

Having a safe and relaxing long weekend! Wishing the same to you!

Love,

Sophie
Old 08-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Sammi, I love the new picture of your profile. Is that your dog? What is his name? Just gorgeous, I love dogs!

Sophie
Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Fonda, thank you for your acknowledgement
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2getmoving View Post

Sophia: Awesome news on the -2.6 lbs.

And for what you said to your husband and 7 year old daughter who complained about your food:

OH well, don't eat it - leave it for me and fix yourself something else!
Bravo!

Love,

Sophie

P.S. I'm still laughing over here you're too funny, girl!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Time to go to bed! Had a great day today and am still 100% on program, drunk all my water, walked twice today, even though it was very hot and humid over here. By the way, how is the weather where you all are!?!

Don't worry too much about our small group in here, Stacie! They are probably enjoying the long weekend with their families!

Jazlyn, I love your attitude, that's my kind of girl! You will be much skinnier by next Spring, you'll see.

Sammi, if your car is only 2 years old, why don't you take it to your dealer? You car must still be under warranty, right? Anyway, great job for not cheating. You're doing just fine!

Stacie, I could try your chicken recipe with a few modifications though. I would use the fresh mushrooms instead, just love their flavor, and would not use the soy sauce. I am allergic to it. I would ballon up like crazy the next day. But I would use lots of garlic and that English Sauce, I can never pronounce it right ... Worcestershire sauce

But it sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. Tonight I had 1 cup of fresh steamed broccoli and 3 hard boiled eggs with a nice organic salad with Red Bell Peppers, Celery, Arugula, Basil from my backyard and 2 cups of lettuce.

This is all for tonight, ladies. Hope everyone is enjoy a wonderful Labor Day weekend with your families. Stay safe, drink up your water and have lots of fun!

I cooked so much last night that I won't have to cook for the whole weekend! At least not for my family. Just for myself I guess!

Good night!

Love,

Sophie