Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good morning! Eating yesterday was going pretty good until late afternoon and early evening. That has always been a weak time --I need to incorpate some exericise or stretching during those times.

Hope everyone has a great low-carb day!!
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Good morning Fonda and everyone! I have been struggling in the evening too. I sent my husband for milk yesterday and he brought home donuts. He has diabetes, one of my sons is trying to stay in shape for football, the other son is trying to get fit, and my daughter and I are trying to lose weight. What was he thinking??
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SC80075
Stats: 304/291.4/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 08/13/13
LOL Jazlyn,

Men don't think ....

I was married for 15 years. I finally gave up.

Stacie
SC80075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophiaMaria
Stats: 254.4
Start Date: Lean and Green and a few fruits
You guys are too funny! But I agree that men don't think, period.

Jazlyn, throw those donuts in the trash before they call you. And tell your DH that he is forbidden to bring that kind of food home. Ok, I've said it!

Stacie, instead of eating those kind of carbs, why don't you up your healthy veggies? They are so much better for you. And Lettuce is "free", you can eat as much as you want. I love my salad dressing. It's 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar, 1 whole onion, salt and pepper to taste (I use sea salt) and you can add paprika, oregano, basil or any other fine herb of your choice. Blend everything and use only 1 tablespoon equals 1 tsp of fat.

I stay away from Bars, they call me too much and I can lose control. OJ is very bad. Loaded with sugar (fructose). Stay away from fruits on the losing phase. Eventually you'll be able to eat them again with moderation. Maybe one or 2 a day.

If you want I can list some of the veggies that I eat every day and some that I eat only once a week and the ones I don't eat for now. Let me know if you are interested?

I will accept your offer, please e-mail me with the spread sheet, and I'll try to post it in here. Congrats on the weight loss. Let's see where you are tomorrow, OK!?! Sometimes, we don't gain until 2 or 3 days later.

Diana, thanks for your enthusiasm and support! I'm so proud of you for exercising every day. You and Stacie inspire me. I'm so lazy, but I know I need to workout more. Still working on it ... for now my walks will have to do for me. I feel I'm too heavy to be jumping up and down.

Fonda, are you drinking your water? If I can suggest something in here for you, maybe that will help you. Stay away from Dairy Products, too high in carbs, growth hormones and antibiotic (all from the cows) and avoid all cold cuts. They have way too much sodium and preservatives. When we eat those foods we crave others ... and that's when the down fall happens. We need you to be strong for us. Hang in there, we are here for you too

Gina, my friend, what's going on your corner of the world!?! Sending you hugs

Today my weight was up a bit, 242.8 Yikes! Didn't do anything wrong. Maybe I ate too much salt yesterday. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

Keep drinking your water.

Good night Ladies!

Sophie
SophiaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

You guys are too funny! But I agree that men don't think, period.

Jazlyn, throw those donuts in the trash before they call you. And tell your DH that he is forbidden to bring that kind of food home. Ok, I've said it!

Good night!

Sophie
Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, I'm so happy for you today. But instead of eating those kind of carbs, why don't you up your healthy veggies? They are so much better for you. And Lettuce is "free", you can eat as much as you want. I love my salad dressing. It's 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar, 1 whole onion, salt and pepper to taste (I use sea salt) and you can add paprika, oregano, basil or any other fine herb of your choice. Blend everything and use only 1 tablespoon equals 1 tsp of fat.

I stay away from Bars, they call me too much and I can lose control. OJ is very bad. Loaded with sugar (fructose). Stay away from fruits on the losing phase. Eventually you'll be able to eat them again with moderation. Maybe one or 2 a day.

If you want I can list some of the veggies that I eat every day and some that I eat only once a week and the ones I don't eat for now. Let me know if you are interested?

I still can't receive private messages. I need to have at least 25 posts or days in here. So, if you can please send me a copy of the spread sheet in any other way, I'll try to post it in here. Congrats on the weight loss. Let's see where you are tomorrow, OK!?! Sometimes, we don't gain until 2 or 3 days later.

Good night!

Sophie
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Diana, thanks for your enthusiastic support! You're too sweet! I'm so proud of you for exercising every day. You and Stacie inspire me. I'm so lazy, but I know I need to workout more. Still working on it ... but for now my walks will have to do it for me. I feel I'm too heavy to be jumping up and down.

Good Night!

Sophie
Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Fonda, are you drinking your water? If I can suggest something in here for you, maybe that will help you. Just stay away from "Dairy Products"! I know, I love them too, but they're too high in carbs, growth hormones and antibiotic (all from the cows) and avoid all cold cuts. They have way too much sodium and preservatives. When we eat those foods we crave others ... and that's when the down fall happens. We need you to be strong for us. Hang in there, we are here for you too

Good Night!

Sophie
Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gina, my friend, what's going on at your corner of the world!?! Sending you hugs

Good Night!

Sophie
Old 08-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

I didn't see I had already post it all to you guys earlier. My computer froze and I thought I had lost everything. So I was posting one reply by one afraid I would lose it all again. I must be very tired ... going to bed now!

Good night Ladies! And I mean it this time!

Sophie
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I was actually admiring your way of posting, thinking it might be a good way to get rid of "junior" under my name ... LOL.

Thanks for the tips on veggies. I actually USUALLY do eat veggies -- that one day was the exception. I actually like salad without dressing because it's easier for me than juggling extra stuff ( I'm already hauling my salad, my water cup, my bag, keys, and frequently umbrella -- one day my salad spilled on my way into thee office twice -- I had to scoop it out of my bag and back into my bowl or go without lunch.) I don't like to mix the 2 together early in the day because my salad gets soggy. So, I just eat it without.

I'm not big on "fresh veggies." I get horrible gas (sorry, TMI) from things like raw broccoli, raw cauliflower, etc and I have never liked the taste of cucumbers, tomatoes or most other raw veggies. I do usually eat steamed broccoli or cauliflower for dinner.

Yesterday was another day when I was literally going from about 5:30 a.m. until I dropped in bed at 11 p.m. I made some taco meat to put on my salad today, but that is already in a bag so should be easy to just heat and dump. I discovered that sour cream is actually not too bad, and may add a scoop of that to my salad as well.

The OJ is non-negiotable. LOL. When I go low carb, I suddenly start with this obsessive NEED for OJ. I talked to my Doctor and she said to go ahead and have a little each day because my immune system is so bad and I work in such a large office, that I would probably get a little immune boost from it. SO -- I buy the Trop 50 less sugar variety with 13 carbs per 8 ounce serving and I measure 4 ounces out. When I'm craving OJ, these might be my only carbs in a day - I round up to 7. Otherwise, I drink water and a random cup of coffee, the (now) very rare diet soda or every once in a while a bottle of carbonated flavored water.
I think my body is just going to old plateaus. It's frustrating, but I feel like if I stick with it a little longer, they will break through.

I did not go to the gym yesterday, so I had the alarm set to go today. When it went off at 5 a.m., I apparently woke up, turned it off, and went back to sleep. Ugggh. I needed to go because I didn't make it yesterday, and there will be no time or energy left after work today, I'm sure. We'll see.

Regardless, I was hanging out at 291.6. That gives me hope that the next time I "woosh" I'll be in the 280s.

I'm running way behind, so I have to go get my shower. I hope everyone has a fantastic day

Stacie
Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
yesterday went out with my two BFF's and we did lunch.. had a black eye pea salad with shrimp - and it had a few slices of fruit... and then I had the Key Lime pie..... and this was the best pie ever... but we do not go there only about every six months.... but I did not eat clean at all today.... but I have eaten clean for about 10 days now... so back on track....

for dinner just had a bowl of chicken broth with alittle bit of onion and turkey meat in it.... and it filled me up.... not used to eating such a big lunch like I did yesterday.... I did do my WA in the morning and then because my BFF called and said that she did the walking tape... I got up last evening and did the 17 min walking tape..... was worried what my weight and my blood sugar will show today...
but my blood sugar was 97 and my weight stayed the same as yesterday..... was thrilled that my large salad and pie did not hurt me worst..
know that it was my WA and walking that helped me....

Sophia - walking is sooooo great to do... and as for jumping up and down.. I do that when I do my WA and I weigh more than you..... I just do it....

Stacie - just keep doing what you are doing... I just adore taco salad (now without the tacos ) I love anything Mexican..... but will stay away from my Mexican restaurant for a while...... but I will make my taco salad with my taco meat, sour cream, bl olives and just a tad of cheese.... and lots of lettuce.

so, everyone have a great day... love ya all

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Your taco salad sounds the same as mine, except I haven't tried it with black olives. I cooked up about 5 pounds of hamburger meat with taco seasoning in it, and let it cool. Then I scooped it into individual freezer bags and froze it so that when I want taco salad for lunch, I just pull it out of the freezer, throw it in the microwave at work, and viola, a Very tasty and low carb lunch.

I'm having a very different sort of day. Ended up not making it to work d/t some personal/family reasons -- but it couldn't have been a better day to stay home -- it's rainy and I'm chilly, and I think, at least for a while, I might curl up on the couch and try to relax.

Talking about taco salad, now, though, I'm hungry.

I'm curious about your water aerobics -- do you feel "out of place" at all in the class? I am so very self-conscious about my weight and the people at my gym have been fantastic -- I really do not feel judged at all -- but I haven't put a swim suit on in years. I think the water aerobics would be so much easier on my (very) arthritic knees (yes, I am only going on 41, but the cartilage is pretty much gone -- if I were thinner, I think they would have already done knee replacement). I love walking on the treadmill, but my knees, feet and legs swell so bad and I have a hard time walking a few hours later sometimes -- not all the time. I think there is a WA class offered at the high school here, and I've thought about going, but I just don't know that I would feel comfortable.

Have a fantastic afternoon ladies. I'm gonna be on the couch with the telephone and the tv remote waiting to see where this day will take me.

Stacie
Old 08-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning everyone,

Oh the taco salad sounds so good. I will add that to my menu. I have been out of town for a few days and totally blew my diet. I am back on today, but am afraid to weigh myself. I will eat very good today and step on the scales tomorrow morning. I don't know why I binged.

Stacie I am also relaxing today. It is gray outside and raining. I am on the couch with a good book.

I do notice I am a very emotional eater. One day at a time.

Last edited by Sammi; 08-28-2013 at 08:33 AM..
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
My official weigh in:
Drum roll please... I've lost 4 lbs!!!
Will catch up on everything else tomorrow xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, my dear, as I said it before, it was only a suggestion!

I also don't eat raw broccoli nor cauliflower. But I love mashed cauliflower! Yummy!

I just have one question: Wouldn't you rather eat the oranges instead of drinking the processed juice!?! At least the sugar (fructose) wouldn't enter your blood stream so fast. Think about it.

But you know what works best for you! And you already know that I was just trying to help, right!?!

Good idea, I'll post to the rest of the girls later. Let's see if I'll be able to receive private messages soon.

Talk to you later!

Sophie
Old 08-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Come on, Sammi, let's hear about the damage ... Courage, my friend, and step on that scale first thing in the morning, OK?

Listen, I am also an emotional eater. But we need to change that. If we want to get a different result, we need to do something different. Besides, we cannot afford to be cheating like this in the beginning of the program. It will take a whole week for us to be in ketosis again and to get back to where we were. It will only slow us down.

What are you reading!?! I just got a new book today!

Sophie
Old 08-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

WOOHOO CONGRATULATIONS GINA!!! YOU'RE ROCKING THIS PROGRAM!!!

I'm so happy for you!

Keep it up, will you!!!

Sophie
Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sophie,

I know it was only a suggestion. I avoided OJ all day yesterday, which I am proud of. I go through phases where I MUST have it - LOL. I could try to actual orange thing -- that might work. Usually when I'm drinking the OJ I'm on the run (heading out for work, for the gym, whatever) and wouldn't have time to peel and eat a messy orange. That's a great suggestion though -- I'll have to buy one or two and see if I can work those in.

I'm back up to 292.2 this a.m, but no surprise here. I drank almost no water yesterday.
I also haven't been to the gym in 2 days.
I'm really beginning to see a cycle -- when I drink lots and lots of water I have more success than days where I drink little or drink other things. I know this is a no-brainer, but I'm amazed at truly what a difference it does make. I KNOW when I haven't had enough water. I forgot to buy more ice and bottled water at the store, and I HATE tap water, so I chose to drink diet tea instead. Bad, Bad, Bad ... Yesterday was a mess of a day that could have led to much worse, but fortunatelhy, I am still in ketosis this a.m. Feeling to tired and lazy to go to the gym, so I'm actually going to go back to bed and go to the gym tonight. I'm ok with this small gain because I know what I could have done so much better.

By the way -- as I posted in the main low carb forum -- whoever it was that recommended Magnesium supplements -- THANK YOU! My tummy feels so much better these last few days!

Stacie
Old 08-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I almost forgot -- CONGRATS GINA!!! That is a fantastic loss .

Stacie
Old 08-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Thank you ladies!
I've decided to 'hide' my scales at home and just get my official weigh in each week with the nurse... was SOOOOO hard this morning not stepping on those scales especially as I had a cheat day yesterday with doritos and pizza still managed to stay under my calorie goal though and back on track today. Finally feel my goal might be achievable by next July... 72.5 lbs to go

Jazlyn - OMG! Donuts.... I wouldn't have managed to avoid those, I can 'not' eat something as long as it's not in front of me, as soon as I've seen it that's it!

Stacie - I have to have OJ every morning (and Magnesium supplement with my evening meal) to keep me regular otherwise I end up with terrible stomach problems.

I only work the mornings on a Thursday, finish at 1.30. Have to go drop some paperwork off at an agency for Wayne (OH) then home and go enrol at college as I'm starting an evening course (Next week I think) doing Make Up for Fashion & Photography... excited about the course but didn't sleep last night so hoping I'll be alive enough this afternoon for enrolment!!

2 more sleeps till the weekend... what's everyones plans? x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

ahhh, the weekend. I can't wait

I'm working on Saturday, but Sunday and Monday will be nice low key days around my house -- no plans to go out of town because money is tight (always) and too many other travelers. I might head out of town next weekend though. This weekend shouldn't be too hard to stay on plan. I love that you put "2 more sleeps." I think the same way -- for me, I count a day down simply because I manage to get out of bed -- that's the worst part. LOL.

Stacie
Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi All,

Gina congrats, you are doing so good! Well I stepped on the scale this morning. I was very happy to see I gained only one pound. I am back up to 253. I know this puts me behind on ketosis, but my head is back into it again. Thank you all for your support. You really help me a lot.

No plans for this weekend. We are moving again out of state next year so we are trying not to over spend. My daughter and son are treating me to a trip to Spain next July. This is the biggest reason I am trying to lose weight. I must get my energy back. Does the heat bother anyone? It makes me feel light headed. I always carry water with me. Have a wonderful day
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Stacie - no I am not self-conscious in my bathing suit.... I have been going to my health club for a while.... and when I see people as heavy or more than me there... I applaud them... so proud that they also are trying to get healthy... Water aerobics is the best... easy on your knees and everything else.. and so good for you... you would love it..... have taken WA classes for years.. so now I usually just do it on my own - but sometimes I will stay for a class.

Sammi - yes, you just need to get back on the wagon... we are here to support ya....

Gina - WTG... down 4 pounds wonderful job... keep it up

went and did my WA early today.... and did one hour and 15 min..... was really feeling good in the water.... and Stacie - (at my HC twice a week during the school year a boys swim team swim early in the morning in the lap pool.. and I was not self-conscious at all walking by them) - I am just proud that I am losing weight and getting healthy....

then I stopped at my favorite fresh open market and got a cucumber and cabbage to eat today...... I am really feeling better each day..... and I have started my walking tape.... only 15 min...(and it does tire me out - but I am going to work up toe one hour and 4 miles..... that is one of my goals...

well, everyone have a great day ...love ya all
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
Good morning Fonda and everyone! I have been struggling in the evening too. I sent my husband for milk yesterday and he brought home donuts. He has diabetes, one of my sons is trying to stay in shape for football, the other son is trying to get fit, and my daughter and I are trying to lose weight. What was he thinking??
my husband does that a lot when he knows I am trying to lose weight. He uses the excuse, "well you never stay on it anyway - so I didn't know if you were on or off!" He speaks the truth, but he still could be more supportive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC80075 View Post
LOL Jazlyn,

Men don't think ....

I was married for 15 years. I finally gave up.

Stacie
Our 19th is next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaMaria View Post
Fonda, are you drinking your water? If I can suggest something in here for you, maybe that will help you. Just stay away from "Dairy Products"! I know, I love them too, but they're too high in carbs, growth hormones and antibiotic (all from the cows) and avoid all cold cuts. They have way too much sodium and preservatives. When we eat those foods we crave others ... and that's when the down fall happens. We need you to be strong for us. Hang in there, we are here for you too

Good Night!

Sophie
I drink about 100-150 oz of water, as well as brewed tea. I eat more out of habit/boredom than anything. It takes eating one thing, and then leads to a BINGE. Thanks for the information on Dairy Products. I wish I would have had access to a computer before I went shopping! I don't have a computer at home and I am off Thur - Sat, so I will be MIA on most of those days, unless I go up to the library.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I went grocery shopping earlier, spent way more than I wanted and didn't get as much as I needed!!!! Oh - how I hate to shop. I have a crockpot lasagna cooking now. First time making the recipe, and I hope it is good and the husband and kids will eat it. I am not going to tell them it has shredded zucchini and spinach in it.....at least not until after they try it!!!! Sorry Sophia -dairy products (Mozz cheese and Cottage cheese).

Tomorrow, I will officially be starting my low carb eating. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo everyone I just needed to share -- I missed 2 days at the gym, and tonight when I got on the treadmill my knees ached so bad I just wanted to give up. It took nearly 3/4 of a mile for me to get in the groove. I ended up walking 1.75 miles and then did .25 miles on the elliptical -- SO -- I got 2 miles and one solid hour of exercise tonight. If I can walk tomorrow, I'm going back tomorrow night!

Stacie
Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies, I was down 2.6 pounds this mourning: 240.2

Two days ago I made an eggplant lasagna (I sliced the eggplant, seasoned it mashed garlic with salt and then dipped it into beaten eggs and fried it with Pam on a non-stick pan. Then I placed one layer of the eggplant, added some of the ground beef with tomato sauce, sprinkled some "Ricotta Cheese" and very "little Parmesan Cheese" and repeated until it finished and baked it for 30 minutes). It was a bit salty for me. The next day I gained over 2 pounds. I just can't do cheese. I guess it's a personal thing.

I feel as if I'm getting a bad cold. My whole buddy aches and am coughing and expectorating a lot.

Better go to bed now because I'm having company tomorrow night for dinner and I still have tons of things to do at home.

Good night y'all!

Sophie
Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Stacie, I also hate tap water. I only drink filtered or bottled water. Keep drinking your water!!!

Sophie
Old 08-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gina, make up for Fashion and Photography, it sounds to be a lot of fun! Maybe later you can share some "beauty tricks" with us!

But I'd find very difficult not to weigh in every mourning. Good luck there

Sophie