Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   300+ Support Group★ EMPTY NESTING★ August 2013 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/809040-300-support-group-empty-nesting-august-2013-a.html)

debkeversole 07-31-2013 01:30 PM

300+ Support Group★ EMPTY NESTING★ August 2013
 
300+ Support Group★ EMPTY NESTING★ August 2013

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

We are a group of Men and Women, most of whom weigh or have weighed over 300 pounds at some point. We post here to give or to get support, share our daily struggles and victories. Everyone is WELCOME! regardless of size! or Program! We encourage all you LURKERS to come on in and post!!!
WELCOME!!


http://data.whicdn.com/images/339486...eebd_large.gif
http://magickalgraphics.com/Graphics...as/lammas9.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...WelcomeGif.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...84dbo1_500.gif

debkeversole 07-31-2013 01:32 PM

August, 2013 Bizarre and Unique Holidays

Month:

Admit You're Happy Month
Family Fun Month
National Catfish Month
National Eye Exam Month
National Golf Month
Peach Month
Romance Awareness Month
Water Quality Month
National Picnic Month
Weekly Events:

Week 1 National Simplify your Life Week
Week 2 National Smile Week
Week 3 Friendship Week
Week 4 Be Kind to Humankind Week
August, 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 National Raspberry Cream Pie Day

2 National Ice Cream Sandwich Day

3 National Mustard Day first Saturday

3 National Watermelon Day

4 Friendship Day - First Sunday in August

4 International Forgiveness Day - First Sunday in August

4 Sisters Day - First Sunday in August

4 U.S. Coast Guard Day

5 Work Like a Dog Day

6 Wiggle Your Toes Day

7 National Lighthouse Day

8 Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day - now that's nasty!

9 Book Lover's Day

10 Lazy Day

10 National S'mores Day

11 Presidential Joke Day

11 Son and Daughter Day

12 Middle Child's Day

13 Chinese Valentine's Day/Daughter's Day - 7th day of 7th Lunar Month

13 Left Hander's Day

14 National Creamsicle Day

14/15 V-J Day - which date do you mark the end of WWII?

15 Relaxation Day - now this one's for me!

16 National Tell a Joke Day

17 National Thriftshop Day

18 Bad Poetry Day

19 Aviation Day

20 National Radio Day

21 Senior Citizen's Day

22 Be an Angel Day

22 National Tooth Fairy Day - and/or February 28

23 Ride the Wind Day

24 Vesuvius Day

25 Kiss and Make Up Day

26 National Dog Day

26 Women's Equality Day

27 Global Forgiveness Day

27 Just Because Day

28 Race Your Mouse Day -but we are not sure what kind of "mouse"

29 More Herbs, Less Salt Day

30 Frankenstein Day

30 Toasted Marshmallow Day

31 National Trail Mix Day

Eliza_Jazz 07-31-2013 01:59 PM

First! :D

:hiya: :hiya: :hiya:

My, my, already love the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd....Of course, they all have to do with food. :D

chewiegand 07-31-2013 02:29 PM

Marking my spot.

oncloud9now2 07-31-2013 05:07 PM

Wow, Deb you did such a beautiful job!!!:cool:

couponkrazy2011 07-31-2013 05:23 PM

Awesome :D
Jan- Glad to read the repair was only $40! NICE!

well, I put that huge lasagna in the over. I swear its at least 10 lbs... took both of my hands to get it in there and even then it was just soo heavy. I wonder how long it will take?

Well, I'll be back :D

>>Annett

debkeversole 07-31-2013 05:27 PM

:hiya::hiya: i called it that this month because 3 of us have our youngest or our only-s going off to college this month Melinda's Eliza's and mine SIGH the boys are even born the same month too:cry::cry::cry::cry:

debkeversole 07-31-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 (Post 16539646)
Wow, Deb you did such a beautiful job!!!:cool:

LOL thanks!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...oodnight-4.gif

Eliza_Jazz 07-31-2013 06:45 PM

Good night, Deb! :hugs:

I'm done with the 10,000 steps for today. Can't believe it, I started walking on July 9th and have walked a total of 91.6 miles :) :jumpjoy: Big achievement for my formerly-sedentary bottom.

I had a lot of energy this morning. Cleaned out the kitchen, viewed sorted and discarded all the piles of mail stacking in a few spots....ugh, hate going through mail....then vacuumed and mopped the floors, and deep cleaned the laundry room. I have hampers there and am so incensed with my guys! I am a working mom so they have taken on their own laundry. They wash, dry, then they are supposed to put it away. Good Lord! The hampers are full of their stuff. DH is complaining he has no socks, there are at least 2 dozen socks in his hamper :mad: I'm telling ya.....I will give them an ultimatum tonight. They either wash and put away their stuff pronto, or it's going in the trash can.

couponkrazy2011 07-31-2013 10:42 PM

Hey all

Eliza..... 10k steps... that is AWESOME! :D. Keep it up! :D

-----------

So I cooked that lasagna. Nearly 2 hours it took and it didn't taste great. I felt like it was a waste of carbs. Sooooooo dry. Falling apart. And it was barely up to temp. So, after it cooled I refrigerated the rest. Anyone have any lasagna rescue ideas? There is soooo much food there, I really don't want to waste it but it was just terrible.

Soo I have one more chance for gas tomorrow...if my bank acct statement cycles it should post an increase on my direct deposit loan through wells fargo... it should cycle tonight which means I should be able to take out $20 in the am. Well see. I took my benadryl so I won't be up all night thinking about it. In fact it should be kicking in any minute.
If not I may just be calling in sick...which is not a lie...I had an upset stomach all day..lrobaby from the extra carbs.
I must be so sensitive because when I started lc I cleared up my dandruff and skin rash in 1 month... now its back with a vengence. I was thinking about the whole candida albicans thing or maybe gluten issues? Anyway...I am tired.

Y'all have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow sometime...

God night all :D

.....annett

Oksue 08-01-2013 06:37 AM

Good AUGUST morning!!
Oh how I feel for you mom's that have kids leaving off for college.
Been there and done that.
Busy here with grand kids. I hope all is well with everyone.

couponkrazy2011 08-01-2013 06:54 AM

Good morning

Well no such luck. So I called work and told them I have car troubles and I won't be in today.
I'm going to go back to bed. I'm feeling a bit defeated. I have never had to do this...I always found a way before.
Anyway... I hope you all have a great Thursday...


....Annett

chewiegand 08-01-2013 07:02 AM

Morning. Still having the blues.

couponkrazy2011 08-01-2013 08:56 AM

My guardian angel named Bill:

So this morning instead of going back to bed...I thought of a last resort. Go to the store, get some groceries and write the check for 10-20 dollars over. So I went. Unfortunately the store didn't allow it anymore. The gas station was next door. I thought I will just try all my debit cards at the gas station. All declined. The man at the gas station, elderly but nice, looked at me and asked me where I needed to go. I said I was trying to get to work. He said he would put $10 in my gas tank if I promise to return it when I could. OMG! I burst into tears and thanked him. I am on my way to work. YAY!

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewiegand (Post 16540425)
Morning. Still having the blues.

:console::console::console::hugs:
Feel better soon, honey!

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 (Post 16540609)
My guardian angel named Bill:

So this morning instead of going back to bed...I thought of a last resort. Go to the store, get some groceries and write the check for 10-20 dollars over. So I went. Unfortunately the store didn't allow it anymore. The gas station was next door. I thought I will just try all my debit cards at the gas station. All declined. The man at the gas station, elderly but nice, looked at me and asked me where I needed to go. I said I was trying to get to work. He said he would put $10 in my gas tank if I promise to return it when I could. OMG! I burst into tears and thanked him. I am on my way to work. YAY!

How wonderful of Bill! :clap::clap::clap::up:

I'm glad you could go to work and not miss any hours of pay.

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 09:16 AM

Well, 1 mile down, 3.5 more miles to go. :) DH finally installed the ironing board rack in my laundry room. So much space to move around now! Need to mop laundry room floor, spray and wipe down the doors, and, including closet doors, there are 18 of them in this house :eek:, so that will take a while. White doors show grunge so quickly. I need to take care of the little details now, while I'm still on vacation, before the work carousel starts turning again.

Yeah, that's my exciting life.... :D

oncloud9now2 08-01-2013 12:57 PM

Back from my day out with sweet sister! Had our hair done and lunch at Golden Corral. Plenty of choices in meat and veggie departments. Great fresh salad. SF jello and SF topping.:yummy::yummy:
Annett- Thank God for our little miracles. Maybe not so little!!:aprayer:
Eliza- Wish I had some of your energy. Walking as much as you do plus cleaning!
chewie- Sorry. Get depressed myself sometimes. Hope you're out of your funk soon!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

BTW- Down 23lbs today!! Yay!!

oncloud9now2 08-01-2013 01:00 PM

Annett- Try cutting into smaller pieces; add tomato sauce, olive oil and mozz. cheese...??? Try it on one piece and see how it is.?:dunno:

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 01:14 PM

Jan, congratulations on the 23 lbs lost! :jumpjoy:

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 02:23 PM

I started strict LC on July 5th, and my walking program on July 8th. Since then, I have lost 12.2 lbs. :) And built muscle. Tasks are so much easier now....from walking to doing housework, to simple movement. I totally ascribe the lbs lost to my walking program, because I have done strict LC with no exercise before, and didn't come nearly as close in the WL department as I have done since exercising.

pansies 08-01-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz (Post 16541202)
I started strict LC on July 5th, and my walking program on July 8th. Since then, I have lost 12.2 lbs. :) And built muscle. Tasks are so much easier now....from walking to doing housework, to simple movement. I totally ascribe the lbs lost to my walking program, because I have done strict LC with no exercise before, and didn't come nearly as close in the WL department as I have done since exercising.

Big happy dance for you Eliza............you are a walking machine. I haven't broken through to the 200's yet, but I am determined that I have to keep on trying. You give me hope. I know I will never be able to walk like that - but I know I need to move more than I do. Cheering you along your journey. Linda

pansies 08-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 (Post 16540609)
My guardian angel named Bill:

So this morning instead of going back to bed...I thought of a last resort. Go to the store, get some groceries and write the check for 10-20 dollars over. So I went. Unfortunately the store didn't allow it anymore. The gas station was next door. I thought I will just try all my debit cards at the gas station. All declined. The man at the gas station, elderly but nice, looked at me and asked me where I needed to go. I said I was trying to get to work. He said he would put $10 in my gas tank if I promise to return it when I could. OMG! I burst into tears and thanked him. I am on my way to work. YAY!

Annett, Hooray for Bill............there are angels among us. You've got more than your fair share of troubles lately - but - you are making it through - one day at a time. You got to work - got gas - got some food.....you are a strong lady, working through these trials.

Linda

pansies 08-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 (Post 16541058)
Back from my day out with sweet sister! Had our hair done and lunch at Golden Corral. Plenty of choices in meat and veggie departments. Great fresh salad. SF jello and SF topping.:yummy::yummy:
Annett- Thank God for our little miracles. Maybe not so little!!:aprayer:
Eliza- Wish I had some of your energy. Walking as much as you do plus cleaning!
chewie- Sorry. Get depressed myself sometimes. Hope you're out of your funk soon!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

BTW- Down 23lbs today!! Yay!!

Wonderful - 23 lb gone...........you're sure doing something right. Linda

pansies 08-01-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debkeversole (Post 16539689)
:hiya::hiya: i called it that this month because 3 of us have our youngest or our only-s going off to college this month Melinda's Eliza's and mine SIGH the boys are even born the same month too:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Deb, Thanks for the new month. Rites of passage. Both happy and sad. You'll all be fine - doesn't seem like it - but - it will.

I did not know that Ken was having a hard time communicating with you. Wonder why they wouldn't let you go back with him. You are his backup - you are the one that sees what's going on day to day. If it was a matter of privacy or hippa - Ken would have been ok with it - did they even ask him?

Is Steven excited about college? I hope so - also - so glad he is out of the school system in your district. They were holding him back in so many ways.

Now, to get ready for that new grandbaby Molly. Love that name. My nephew just married a Molly and had a baby this year that they named Tilly.

Take care of Deb, ok? We care about your bunches. Linda

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pansies (Post 16541288)
Big happy dance for you Eliza............you are a walking machine. I haven't broken through to the 200's yet, but I am determined that I have to keep on trying. You give me hope. I know I will never be able to walk like that - but I know I need to move more than I do. Cheering you along your journey. Linda

Awwww, thank you, sweet friend :hugs:

I'm not in Twoterville yet, either, about 6 lbs away. Jan tells me it's always sunny, perfect, and beautiful there :D We'll make it, my friend!

I believe if you get a pedometer and start small, you'll be surprised how quickly you will get more muscle mass and it will be easier and easier to move with each passing day. In no time you'll be out walking the doggies and such. :)

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 04:02 PM

Linda, how have you been doing? Did the weather cool down some so your DS doesn't have to overheat when working?

pansies 08-01-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz (Post 16541349)
Awwww, thank you, sweet friend :hugs:

I'm not in Twoterville yet, either, about 6 lbs away. Jan tells me it's always sunny, perfect, and beautiful there :D We'll make it, my friend!

I believe if you get a pedometer and start small, you'll be surprised how quickly you will get more muscle mass and it will be easier and easier to move with each passing day. In no time you'll be out walking the doggies and such. :)

lol Eliza - walking the doggies - or the doggies walking me. That is the real question isn't it? They'd be happy either way. If I can get my legs working better - still dealing with sciatica and now my feet are bothering me - out of nowhere - always something.

Yes - we have a break in the weather - in the 80's this week - but - still have a lot of humidity..............but you can run around doing chores - and not feel like you are a wet noodle and completely exhausted.

oncloud9now2 08-01-2013 05:06 PM

I'm doing my walking inside. 91 today. Rain again. They said none but, here it is.
Yes, Eliza. It's a good thing I'm in Twoterville where the sun always shines!!

couponkrazy2011 08-01-2013 08:56 PM

Hey All

I am sooo tired.
Yes, I am so glad made it to work. I was only like 1 hr late....not bad.
I told my story at work and one of the doctors there was like "I can lend you $20 for gas if you need it" My eyes teared up again. My gaslight had come on again on the way too work. She ended up lending me $40. So on the way home I put $20 in the tank and I am going to give Bill his $10 + $10 to pass on to the next person down on their luck. My paycheck should deposit soon so I should be ok til then.

Congratz on the 23 lbs YAY!

Hmmm I think this lasagna is un-salvageable...I tried several different things tonight...nothing tasted good.

Well, I am exhausted. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow....well does 7am ish count as sleeping in?? lol

Good night all.. see you later...

:D
>Annett


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 PM.