Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Steven called YEA! he said they had to do some sort of weird bonding exercise asking about thier politcal, religious, if they had ever had sex what their orientation was i think this is awful all of that stuff is NOT for group knowledge UGH i am afraid it is just another thing to single out the different kids from the mainstream ya know?

he asked me to bring his magic the gathering cards thursday so i said ok. i went in his room to find them OMG! i have found tons of stuff but not his cards in the carrying case i have found his other cards lol
stuff he has been missing for months! a ravenclaw beanie and his favorite PJS were about six layers deep on the chair! soo washing the PJS oh and another set of XL sheets! blue but only the flat one in the pack(yeah still with the stickers on the pack too!) SOO somewhere around here i have a blue twin XL fitted sheet too LOL
no wonder he wanted to take over our old master bedroom when we moved upstairs you can't move in his original room
wonder what other cool stuff i might find in there???
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Afternoon! Happy you made it through Deb!! Eliza- I know how you feel. When DD began kindergarten, in a little umbrella stroller as she was too small for a wheelchair, it was also first day of school for me. I was teaching 1st grade at the time and had to be there. My mom, dad and sister all went with her. LOL They stayed till lunch. Daddy picked her up 2 hours later. I was about to throw up all day! I know my DD's teacher was thrilled about all three of them staying. HaHaHa I lost one of the 3 lbs. I gained over weekend for no reason other than sodium.

chewie- Rain still here too. Storm last night. Predicting more of the same today and all this week! Yuck!

Deb and Buttercup- I'm stupid. I don't get it.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Deb- I agree. I can see no reason for the questions that were asked!! Good luck finding all the goodies in his room! Yay! That will save some money!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #244

the picture i posted earlier?? LOL

sing with me

HEAD AND SHOULDERS KNEES AND TOES KNEES AND TOES!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #245

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi girls,

Deb, those were some questions! Such deeply personal questions, including about their sex lives? Why would they need to know that about any of the kids? Creepy. If I were there I would've refused to answer.

Jan, see, those 3 lbs will be gone in no time! I hear you about missing your DD's 1st day of school, it's heartbreaking to let your baby go....but then it seems you had great backup crew of 3 people and they stayed with her till lunch . I've had to miss days and events so many times. But then DS and I had vacations at the same time, so I guess that evens out the score a bit.

Annett, some day true love will come and stay. Forever. You will be happy and make someone happy. Don't let what's happened in the past discourage you.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 08-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #246

yeah i thought they were personal too! he said they were phrased as step across to this side of the room if you are ???? and fill in the blank ugh(the rooms had a line drawn down the middle at the camp)
i was hoping college would not be that way
so have you found any bedding yet??
Old 08-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
yeah i thought they were personal too! he said they were phrased as step across to this side of the room if you are ???? and fill in the blank ugh(the rooms had a line drawn down the middle at the camp)
i was hoping college would not be that way
so have you found any bedding yet??
Yeah, way to divide instead of unite

I'm trying to imagine this ...."if you've "done it", step over here, if not....go over there".....what the heck?????? How stressful to be in a new place among your peers and to be put on the spot like this!

And what an ill-conceived idea! Perhaps you should call the college and complain? It's too late for this year, but you may spare some of next year's kids some embarrassment.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #248

It will get better for him, Deb. Once classes start, and people start going about their business.

No, not bedding yet. I am going to stop by Bed Bath and Beyond and Ross and Target tomorrow and look for sheets. Maybe in the meantime the big A store will get a fresh supply of sheets and I can finally get the ones I have on back order.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #249

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Deb--it's hard to believe in this politically correct time, they would ask such questions and do such a stupid exercise. I would be livid if that were my kid. I wonder who came up with that and what other type of stuff they are doing that is so very wrong? It is none of their business and not a team building exercise at all---if anything, it will divide people rather than unite.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #250

I just delivered a big pan of muffins for the h.s. teacher's breakfast tomorrow. I made chocolate butter muffins and red velvet muffins===both drizzled with melted white chocolate chips. I saved some for my family too but not icing---didn't melt enough. LOL That's ok they don't need extra sugar.

It's still raining and so humid. I can't wait for some better weather.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Yeah, way to divide instead of unite

I'm trying to imagine this ...."if you've "done it", step over here, if not....go over there".....what the heck?????? How stressful to be in a new place among your peers and to be put on the spot like this!

And what an ill-conceived idea! Perhaps you should call the college and complain? It's too late for this year, but you may spare some of next year's kids some embarrassment.
YES! and we paid extra for him to attend these days! i have really thought aboutcalling and complaining
Old 08-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Deb--it's hard to believe in this politically correct time, they would ask such questions and do such a stupid exercise. I would be livid if that were my kid. I wonder who came up with that and what other type of stuff they are doing that is so very wrong? It is none of their business and not a team building exercise at all---if anything, it will divide people rather than unite.
i thought so too when he said team building i laughingly ask OH goodness you had to to the fake backwards faint?? and he told me that ! ugh now i can't help but worry KWIM?
Old 08-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #253

and yeah one of the ? was if you had had sex OMG!!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #254

Quote:
I just delivered a big pan of muffins for the h.s. teacher's breakfast tomorrow. I made chocolate butter muffins and red velvet muffins===both drizzled with melted white chocolate chips. I saved some for my family too but not icing---didn't melt enough. LOL That's ok they don't need extra sugar.

It's still raining and so humid. I can't wait for some better weather.
Omg, Chewie, the lucky teachers! The muffins sound absolutely scrumptious! AND drizzled with melted white chocolate. Is your DS14 starting school next week? Sounds like the teachers are already at work doing waver days.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #255

Deb, creepy stuff! I hope everyone lied. Imagine going around with that information in your head, knowing everyone's business.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #256

I laughed right out when i saw this on pin trest
Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Does anyone here own or know someone that owns the Total Gym?? Thinking about getting one but they are quite spendy! Just curious if its worth it.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Does anyone here own or know someone that owns the Total Gym?? Thinking about getting one but they are quite spendy! Just curious if its worth it.
hi Michele, I think Annett may have one. She should check in soon. I think she was trying to sell hers.

How are you doing? How is your day going so far?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza: Thanks.....Im doing good How about you?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #260

Quote:
Eliza: Thanks.....Im doing good How about you?
The school year is starting on the 19th so I'm trying to hang on to my last handful of free days and enjoy them to the fullest.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/351.5/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Quote:
I have one!!! I never use it LOL. I had knee problems and its really low to the ground so its hard to get down there and get back up.
I think its totally worth it if you don't have that trouble.
I think mine was $800 - but look on craigslist, often they have them for sale for about $200 and they do not sell (I know I tried selling mine) so you may be able to get one for less.

I have the total gym XL so it has the higher user-weight limit (I think 350lbs) and nice cushioning. Mine came with tons of DVDs and accessories....all still in their original wrapping.... The set up and fold up seems a little trickier to me than the commercial but its not impossible. Its very well made.

Since I was not able to sell it I will either try using it again when I loose a little more weight (especially for arm & leg exercises) or I might sell it later if I can't use it then.

Anyway --- hope this helps!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Annett, some day true love will come and stay. Forever. You will be happy and make someone happy. Don't let what's happened in the past discourage you.
Thanks for the Eliza. I just don't know. I know due to these 2 failed relationships I will always have trust issues. I did from my failed marriage and it 2 years before I completely trusted Jason (my now ex). I guess I've decided that for now... its me, my children, college and work and home and that's plenty already....throw in 2 cats and a Betta Fish named Lenny and its enough. I'm not going to be looking for anyone. I'm just going to take care of me, loose my weight, make my life and home as beautiful as possible and if someone comes along...ok but I'm not going to be out there looking. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway - another crazy workday! So tired but I made it to daycare with 2 minutes to spare so they were happy I was not late.

Tomorrow I have orientation at the college for the degree program I was accepted in to so I will learn all about my chosen degree: Health Services Management.

I hope you all had a fantastic day (deb...whoa those questions...really? I'm sorry...that's more than what they need to know....I hope it gets better....)

Off to make dinner... DD5 is wanting dinner LOL... i'll come back later and read more....

...Annett
Old 08-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #263

Annett, I think you've made a very wise decision. I think love finds you when you're not looking....many people have commented on that. You're right. Take care of you first, the kids and pets (we had a sequence of bettas in the past, those things were feisty!) and everything else will fall into place.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Annette: Thanks for the info....somebody local is selling the XL with the cycletrainer for $550 ...they only used it about 20 times......seems to be a good deal....would cost $1150 on the website....I told DH lets watch it for a couple weeks and if its still there they may take less.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
and yeah one of the ? was if you had had sex OMG!!
I would be calling...especially if I had a daughter...who announces in front of a bunch of strangers that they have had sex. I would like to know who was running this and I would get names. I would be very angry.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

So little DD5 talked to her dad for the first time since he ended our relationship. (wow 2 mo ago now) Sounded like she had a good talk. Then she asked if he wanted to talk to me and he said yes... Abby pointed her finger in the air and said "Ok Daddy but you better be nice to my mommy. And you can't call her babe anymore because you broke up with her...so don't do that. You are not allowed. You have to be nice to my Mommy" (imagine a squeaky 5 yr old saying that LOL)

It was just too cute! And hey!!!! I did not break down in tears when he talked to me afterward...I kept it all together waaahoooo!!!

Deb --- I don't know. That just seems very frustrating. We teach our kids to accept all people the way they are.... so why should they be forced to answer such questions? Does it matter? I would NOT want my children answering that when they go to college. What does it matter?? And what if someone has a different sexual orientation (is that worded right?)... Personally I don't care about peoples preference but I will say, I do not understand people who prefer the same sex. But just because I don't understand it does make it "wrong"? I don't think so. I think it just means I just don't understand. My female boss has a female wife (? is that right??). ....I don't understand it but don't consider it wrong - just different. Or does no having sex or the fact that hey have had sex make them "bad?" or "good"??? NO. Other students don't need to know this.... Its none of their business. I'd be calling. Its inappropriate to ask that of students...even if they are in college.

Anyway. I am tired - so I hope I got my point across and I hope it sounded right.

But here is one great thing: Your son trusts you enough to tell you all this....

I would NEVER EVER talk to my Mom about ANY of that. No way... nope.

Well, good night my friends. I hope I made sense there.....

See you tommorrow
Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #267

Quote:
Omg, Chewie, the lucky teachers! The muffins sound absolutely scrumptious! AND drizzled with melted white chocolate. Is your DS14 starting school next week? Sounds like the teachers are already at work doing waver days.
Yes, he starts on Monday. My ds18 doesn't start college classes till Aug 26 so he gets next week off. This week he finishes his summer class and has his final exam on Saturday at noon.

I hope the teacher's appreciate it. I rarely see homemade things when we do teacher appreciation and Christmas treats. Even the ladies in my prayer group buy cookies.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #268

So last night I made 2 dinners. I took out a big pack of 5 pounds of ground chuck and made some spinach feta burgers with half and an Italian stuffed meatloaf with the other half. The stuffing was mozzarella cheese and it was topped with marinara and more cheese. I had the meatloaf and it was very good. Both dh and ds14 had both and liked them. I'm getting so tired of all the cooking and cleaning. Especially cause we have to eat so late with football practice not ending till 7:30 this week and dh just gets home about that time too. UGH, plus I eat so little that I can just have a scrambled egg or 2 pieces of lunch meat and be happy. I might even skip making it tonight. There are lots of leftovers so that might just be dinner.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #269

Deb--hoping and praying that the doctor can help Ken today. This is crazy!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #270

Quote:
So last night I made 2 dinners. I took out a big pack of 5 pounds of ground chuck and made some spinach feta burgers with half and an Italian stuffed meatloaf with the other half. The stuffing was mozzarella cheese and it was topped with marinara and more cheese. I had the meatloaf and it was very good. Both dh and ds14 had both and liked them. I'm getting so tired of all the cooking and cleaning. Especially cause we have to eat so late with football practice not ending till 7:30 this week and dh just gets home about that time too. UGH, plus I eat so little that I can just have a scrambled egg or 2 pieces of lunch meat and be happy. I might even skip making it tonight. There are lots of leftovers so that might just be dinner.
Leftover night is the best night of the week. No cooking involved.
Closed Thread