LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/352/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey Eliza

Yes my 12 yo is pretty helpful. My 5yo not so much. Everything has been No with her lately although some days she can be very helpful.

I have an incentive for my dd12 coming up - a co-worker hasn't used his Ipod Touch in a long time. He offered it to me for free since he's only been using his iphone. Katy has been asking for one for forever!!! So this will be cool. Maybe after she helps me a bit and doesn't fight with her sister - I will give it to her. Or, should that not happen I will save it for her Bday. We'll see

Well, I'm going to get ready to go. We should be getting a call soon to meet my ex-husband by I5 to pick up my dd12...so I'll see you later.

>>Annett

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Annett, I would assign her regular chores. I had two sisters in my class, grades 3 and 4 (i teach a bridge class). Every day they went home, did their homework, then started working on a list of chores their mom had prepared for them. It was different tasks on different days. They did the laundry, sweeping, mopping, dishes, tidying up rooms, etc. I was in awe of these girls. They told me they didn't mind because they were helping their mom. Mom had 5 kids, one of them 3, and was working full time. I don't know how she got them to do all this.

I wish I had known her secret when my kid was younger.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 08-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #183

10,165 steps so far and it's only 5:30 pm. And 80 very active FitBit minutes. Hopefully another 1,000 or so steps by the time I go to bed. However, I'm planning on doing slow activities like working around my kitchen and reorganizing a closet.

I weighed in at 301.5 this morning so I better get to Twoterville real soon Jan, get the LC snacks ready, I'm coming!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

WOW! Another day with a lot of steps Eliza!

I have chore lists. Every day there are 3 different chores to do. They get ignored.
I tried a star chart (earn star stickers which can be turned into prizes or allowance),
I tried everything the counselor suggested. Everything works for about 2 days and then they are like "chores? what chores?" its frustrating.

Well, my dd12 is home...less than 10 minutes and dd5 and dd12 are already fighting. Can I go to bed??? Seriously?? She is going to be here less than 24 hours before she goes to camp - I just want my kids to get along.

Well, off to do her laundry and get it ready for camp - apparently they didn't wash the clothes???? She went to her grandmothers house.....ummm... there is a washer and dryer...

Oh and I have a questions - not sure if anyone knows - but I have a foodsaver (love it!) but I was looking at food saver bags and they are WAYYYYY too expensive.
They also had seal-a-meal bags below... for about 1/4 of the cost. I can't get even those right now but maybe in a week or so... does anyone know if those will work with the food saver. From the pic on the box they look the same????

Well, Im going to go. I'm feeling pretty lousy right now. I really just want to lay down but I have to get her things ready for camp and she just got back - I want to spend time with her and have me tell about her time in Cali.

I'll see you later....

>>Annett
Old 08-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #185

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
annett you have to be consistent with chores and letting them know not only there is reward for doing them there are consequences to NOT doing them
if they find you will do them anyways what reason would they have to do anything?

WTG ELIZA! off to take a bath and get to sleep early DREADING tomorrow
Old 08-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #186

Thanks, Deb! So, tomorrow is the big day! Take pictures! No dreading, celebrating! Steven will do great and will make new friends and experience new things. And before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving break, then Christmas break, Spring break, and your kiddo will be back home.

My kid's move-in day is on Sat., same as meet the teacher morning in our school, and I can't get out of it. Either John will go, or they have to wait for me till noon before we can leave. Kiddo says he wants to leave early so he can get a nice bunk. I really want to go, it's once in a lifetime day....we'll see what happens.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
to the soon to be empty nesters.....I cried when we left our son at the University....it was only 4 hrs away but it was hard!! It was even harder to leave him 10 hrs away at his new job/home...I think I cried off and on all the way home and at home for a few days! It does get better but as parents we will always worry
Old 08-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Dh made me skillet pizza! It was so yummy! He also made pepperoni chips and zucchini chips. Said he wanted me to have something different to eat. He really can be a sweetie sometimes.

Deb/ I know tomorrow will be tough but it's all for his good. Trust me, they do better than we do. Lol
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Deb.... I know. When it comes to my kids...I can be a push-over.

Jan... thats awesome!,
_,-------------

Well friends I think I got food poisoning from the lc yogurt I had earlier...its the only thing I ate and the kids diddnt. So sick..can't even sit upright...in bed with nook.

Good night all...see you 2morrow...hopefully feeling better..
Old 08-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
How to overcome discouragement? This WOE is so hard and challenging because I'm surrounded by some serious eaters (home, work etc). I get frustrated that I'm a slow loser, but then I'm so encouraged when I come on here and read your inspiring posts. I workout for an hour 3 days a week with a personal trainer (lots of strength trainer - ugh!!!!). I'm really having trouble with food selections. I'm not getting in the 1200 calories that my doctor wants me to get in at least daily (I'm supposed to be eating 1900 calories daily - IMPOSSIBLE). Can you all post some menu suggestions?
Old 08-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Sails92: I think we all do things differently....I keep my carbs under 20 net a day...most days it's around 10-13 and my calories between 1300-2000...I definitely lose better when my calories are on the lower end.

Typical days menu for me:

B: Atkins meal bar or eggs
L: 2 Oscar Meyer hot dogs (no bun) with mustard and pickle spear or a small salad with 2 tbs ranch dressing
S: boneless skinless chicken breast & cauliflower roasted in the oven
Snacks: sf jello, pork rinds, macadamia nuts & sf candy occasionally
I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water a day.
I have a App on my IPad that I log all my food in daily nd I have a diary that I write in daily.
My biggest help is my bucket list of things I want to do as a thinner person....when I'm wanting that doughnut or slice of pizza I look back at that and tell myself that I'm not going to complete this list if I eat this!!!
Good luck and come post often...we are all in the same boat!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Cinnamon/ We always go to Panama City Beach. Since teen years. I can go anywhere in the world and still need To go to PCB to feel like I've had a vacation. Lol We usually go several times a year but mine and family members ' health has held us back this time.

Chewie/ I've been playing with my pad all day. I think it will be much more convenient. I'll be taking it with me a lot.
Thank you..I am going to research the area for our next trip...
Old 08-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Cinnamon- What do you want to know? LOL I'm an authority. Been going since I was a teenager. It's like a second home. I know the best for the money places to stay and the best places to eat for whatever you want. Hahahaha. Honestly, I know the place as well as my home town. I'd be happy to help!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Sails92!! Please, feel free to join us! The more the merrier and more encouragement.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
How to overcome discouragement? This WOE is so hard and challenging because I'm surrounded by some serious eaters (home, work etc). I get frustrated that I'm a slow loser, but then I'm so encouraged when I come on here and read your inspiring posts. I workout for an hour 3 days a week with a personal trainer (lots of strength trainer - ugh!!!!). I'm really having trouble with food selections. I'm not getting in the 1200 calories that my doctor wants me to get in at least daily (I'm supposed to be eating 1900 calories daily - IMPOSSIBLE). Can you all post some menu suggestions?
Marilyn, so nice to meet you! Join us for chit chat and support

Check here for menu suggestions:
Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions - Low Carb Friends
Old 08-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #196

Good morning, everyone!

Deb, you're in my thoughts as you take your baby to college today
Old 08-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All

I feel so much better. My stomach is still sore but at least I don't have to remain holding still in bed anymore. LOL

Well, my daughter is off to camp this afternoon. So we are getting things ready to go.

Sails92 - I stick to Atkins. Its the only thing that has ever worked for me. I stay at 25 carb/day. Well I try to. Some days can be hard because either the kids are having something I can't..or we're low on groceries... or they want to go eat somewhere. Even though lately we have not been able to go out to eat ($ restraints) - I know that in the future if we do go to eat somewhere there is always a LC options.
Breakfast is either eggs (scrambles, over easy or mini egg quiches) or turkey/cheese/pickle roll ups.
Lunch is usually a salad: Burger topped salad, tuna topped salad, salad topped w salami & peppercinis, etc
Dinner: Chicken (boneless skinless) cooked many diff ways w/ spinach salad. Or burger topped salad. Or I will microwave up some pizza toppings and put that on a spinach salad, or take taco meat and put that on spinach with sour cream, shredded cheese, some olives, hot sauce....

Snacks - either lunchmeat/cheese/pickle roll ups or an Atkins bar if I have to have something sweet.

Well, I'm going to go help my DD12 pack for camp.

I hope you all have a great day and I will check in later

>>Annett

Last edited by couponkrazy2011; 08-11-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #198

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. We ended up staying home last night cause it was just too humid to go to the festival. We made homemade pizza--3 kinds, it was good. Then after it got dark, we sat on the patio around the firepit. It was nice but then dh and ds started talking stereo equipment so I went to bed.

Already folded 2 loads of laundry today and made guacamole for the app today. Dh started the smoker and the meat is coming to room temp. I bought 5 quarts of ice cream so that is dessert today. I don't eat dessert and sometimes I get tired of making stuff.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #199

Hi girls, busy day for me...cooking, housework, walking. Done with my 10,000+ steps....80 very active minutes so far.

Deb, let us know how move in day went.

Chews, get that FitBit on and let's get moving! As skinny as you are, you'll be getting all the steps fast.

Everyone, hope you are having a nice day.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone

Well DD12 is off to camp This year her cabin is called the Hummingbird. Its a cabin that's pretty high off the ground with bridges connecting to other girls cabins in the same age range. Pretty cool - except I'm afraid of heights. Luckily the entrance was at ground level....its basically built right off a steep drop...so I can walk in at ground level but all other sides are something like 20ft off the ground.
She is excited. I already miss her.

I'm off to cook some taco meat for taco salad for the week and food saver some meats I bought a few days ago - the plan was to do that yesterday but I was soooo sick that I just couldn't.

Deb --- Let us know how things are I hope Ken is doing better too

Eliza --- 10,000+ steps again!!! YAY!!! I think that's awesome!

Well, I'll be back later... Off to go slave over the hot stove LOL j/k

...Annett
Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Good night everyone.

I hope you all had a great Sunday.

Good night...
Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #202
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buttercup30
Stats: 394.6/377.8/150
Start Date: July 2013
Well, here I am, checking in with everyone either really late, or really early! It depends on how you look at it! I think I had a pretty good day. I went to Mass, went to subway, went to the store, and came home. I then put groceries away, and took a 3 hour nap. Then I had to get up and cook.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #203

Good morning. Dh got so sunburned yesterday that his face is even swollen---dumb head. I stayed in the shade of the 2 big umbrellas---one sunburn was enough for me to warn me for a long time.

Dinner was good but the parents just never want to leave. Ugh. Dh went swimming after 8 pm and they were just sitting there in my family room. Didn't leave till almost 9---that's just too long for me.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Chewie....I'm so sorry to read about your dh and his sun burn...yikes...I hope he feels better. I gt to skip seeing my parents this Sunday because I had to take my dd12 to camp.... but oh boy... 9pm? Chewie that seems way to too late..I'm sorry to read that.

Well my dd5 is refusing to get up soooo ibetter go... I have to leave for work soon.

Have a great day!

...Annett.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Cinnamon- What do you want to know? LOL I'm an authority. Been going since I was a teenager. It's like a second home. I know the best for the money places to stay and the best places to eat for whatever you want. Hahahaha. Honestly, I know the place as well as my home town. I'd be happy to help!
That is good to know...I am going to look at a map for it's location...if we ever plan to venture there I will find you......to pick your brain...
Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! Well, I am up 3lbs. today. Obviously, I enjoyed my DH's pizza and pepperoni chips too much. I always seem to do that. Never off plan, just too much!! Probably a lot of sodium too. I'll do better today.

chewie- Sorry about DH's sunburn. More sorry about the late hour of your IL's. That is ridiculous.

Annett- Sounds like DD will have so much fun! Also, glad you're feeling better.

Deb- How did it go? Been thinking of you!!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #207

Jan--it's just water. Good job on staying on plan though---even if it was a bit more than usual---still a victory!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, chewie! It does get frustrating but, I shall continue!!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
hang in there if you just need to up your calories add some real butter or coconut oil to your coffee even blend it in and oh my delish! and seriously MAKE LINDA SUES PIZZA!! and have an extra piece IIRC it is about 300 calories a serving ?? correct me if i am wrong but gettign enough calories has never been one of my problems! LOL MAYBE one or 2 days on hcg but never any other time
Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Sails92: I think we all do things differently....I keep my carbs under 20 net a day...most days it's around 10-13 and my calories between 1300-2000...I definitely lose better when my calories are on the lower end.

Typical days menu for me:

B: Atkins meal bar or eggs
L: 2 Oscar Meyer hot dogs (no bun) with mustard and pickle spear or a small salad with 2 tbs ranch dressing
S: boneless skinless chicken breast & cauliflower roasted in the oven
Snacks: sf jello, pork rinds, macadamia nuts & sf candy occasionally
I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water a day.
I have a App on my IPad that I log all my food in daily nd I have a diary that I write in daily.
My biggest help is my bucket list of things I want to do as a thinner person....when I'm wanting that doughnut or slice of pizza I look back at that and tell myself that I'm not going to complete this list if I eat this!!!
Good luck and come post often...we are all in the same boat!
low carb?/ leave that skin ON the chicken YUMMY and good for you
also have you read the ingredients on the hot dogs?/ only nathans and i think hebrew nationals have no sugars in them soo that is increasing carb counts right there and could be a sabotage
Closed Thread