Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning

Deb - I hope Ken is feeling better

Jan - She'll be fine - it will probably take a little adjusting. Its awesome that she got a full scholarship! YAY!

Eliza - I am right there with you. I have ONE picture of me taken in 2006. That's it. I avoid all cameras.... for now.

__________________________________________________ ______

Well, so he texted me this morning - it would have been payday for him except for since he quit his job - they are mailing him his final check. So instead of sending me $500 which got reduced to maybe $200... now I won't see a dime because I'm sure his check will get "lost" in the mail.
His text really made me angry because it said: "No check becuz they are mailing it since I don't work there. LMAO whatever IDC" Seriously??? LMAO?
I just wrote back saying that there was nothing funny about that and that I am definitely not LMAO because he once again let us down. That's all I said. I really wanted to have some other choice words but whatever. I can't let it get to me.

My DD12 is coming home on Saturday from spending 3 weeks with her Dad. Its my job now to make sure the house is CLEAN and that's what I am going to focus on. I have a lot of work to do.

Well my friends - I hope you all have a great day. I will make the best of mine and focus on my children and ignore the bad for now.
Bill wise I still owe a little on rent and to daycare but hey I've got a roof over my head and my utilities are safe and hey I was even able to pay this months Hulu/Netflix so the kids have tv. YAY. I still owe for car insurance but they were able to buy me a little time so I'm good at the moment.

Well I have to go - I'll check in later when I take a break from cleaning.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
ken's back is still killing him he can;t move without screaming today SIGH he has another appointment wednesday to see his primary doc
i am soo weary and yeah crying cause i am going to miss my baby plus he is soo much help with ken
oh yeah we did get Steven a bike so he will have transportation until it gets stolen
it has a basket cupholder and a book rack

i think he likes it because of the different color tires
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, get him a chain and a padlock
Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Deb - I'm soooo sorry to read that he is in that much pain I wish there was something we could do to ease all the terrible pain hugs:

I'm still cleaning. I have a long way to go. I never did the livingroom all the way and while I was working on the rest of the house last week, my kitchen was stacking up again - plus I still had canned groceries I had not put away.

So I'm going to take my daughter to the park for a break - I have to get out of here - things are starting to overwhelm me a bit. When I come back I will continue dealing with this mess. I guess that's what I get for procrastinating a bit. Didn't help getting an anxiety over-load when I tried cleaning before.

I'll get there... I can do it! LOL

I'll be back later...
Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Annett, good for you for making a positive plan.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #156

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Deb--sorry about Ken. That bike looks great. Get a lock.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #157

Lucky--are you getting flooded?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #158

we got him a bike chain and lock thanks guys for suggesting it
we have been getting gullywasher storms and then hot sunshine afterwards WHEW
started trying to hand quilt Molly's quilt today EEEK i may give up and do the straight lines on the machine and just hand quilt the cats on there i am soo sore!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Whew !!! I'm soooo hot from cleaning all afternoon. I am making great progress though.
I almost can vacuum the living room. There is just maybe 5 more minutes of picking up things. I've asked DD5 to help out but she has been full of attitude today and won't help. I finally got tired of her yelling at me (I was cleaning infront the tv....how dare I?)
so I sent her upstairs with my nook to watch tv so I could clean the livingroom in peace.

Though things won't be perfect, I am quite happy with the progress. DD12 won't be home til tomorrow late afternoon so, I have time to clean tomorrow too.
I'm kind of glad I am able to do this now. I have something to focus on: giving my kids the clean house they deserve (instead of falling apart everything something reminds me of him).
So yay - I'll take it. Now the trick is KEEPING things clean. LOL. I think I will take a pic after I am done to remind myself that I can make things beautiful!

Well my friends - time to get dinner on the table. I hope you all are doing well. Deb- big hugs to you. You are such a strong woman. I know you're worried about how to do things when your son leaves for school - but trust me - you are amazing to me and you CAN do it. You will be fine. I still wish there was something that could be done for Kens pain - that's terrible!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #160

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
howdy girls!
Annett - way to go on all the cleaning!
Deb - I'm so sorry to hear about Ken. Nice bike you got for Steven. Glad you got him a lock, too.
Jan - we'll miss you while you're on vacation.
Chews - how's it going?

~~~~~
I'm done with my 10,000+ steps. I have made it a priority and have to stick with it. I'm 2.5 lbs away from Twoterville.

Went to school today and fixed my classroom, DS hooked up my computers, etc.. Copied all the homework for the 1st 4 weeks or so. Still a couple of things to do, but it's mostly done. I have 2 all-day meetings next week sucking up two days from my last week off. then, school begins all over again!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Deb- LOVE that bike!! Wow!! He'll be OK. Mama will miss him though. I understand. My DD went to Warm Springs, GA for her high school senior year. It was great for her! She was taught a lot of independence. She had never been gone except for one week 8th grade trip. She only went on it because my brother-in-law's sister was a special ed. teacher and went along just for DD. I cried all the way home from Warm Springs. Almost threw up. She was fine!!! I was the one out of control!! LOL So sorry about Ken. Seems somebody would find out SOMETHING to do for him. My nephew got approval for 50% disability from Navy today. Yay! He at least will have something coming in now while he waits for SSDI. He says he will appeal right away for more but at least he gets food and utilities money now.

chewie- We're having the samr weather. Yuck!

Annett- Your DD will be pleasantly surprised with all the work you've been doing! I think a pic is a good idea. We all love to look back at pics when we looked better and gives motivation to continue WOE. Cleaning might just work out the same.

I splurged on myself today. We have tax free shopping this weekend so I bought a Google Nexus pad. It will be more convenient on vacations than taking my laptop. It's charging tonight but I'll get to 'play' with it tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza- Now that I have my new pad, I'll be checking in as usual. Can tell y'all about all the fresh seafood I'll be eating!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buttercup30
Stats: 394.6/377.8/150
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Buttercup---do you travel for your work? I'm sorry but I forgot what you do.
It was 2 days of dr's appointments. None of them mine. I do not work at this point in my life.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Eliza- Now that I have my new pad, I'll be checking in as usual. Can tell y'all about all the fresh seafood I'll be eating!
YUMMMMMMM I'm jealous.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup30 View Post
It was 2 days of dr's appointments. None of them mine. I do not work at this point in my life.
Oh, ok. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #166

Good morning. Not sure what I want to do today. I know what I "have" or "should" do but that's not always fun. lol I paid bills yesterday. Money is so tight right now. Just got the new football cleats and work out sneakers this week. 2 weeks ago we had 2 big truck repair bills for ds18's truck. Ugh.

Deb--sending hugs and prayers for Ken.

Annett--good job on the cleaning. Your dd will be so happy to see the house clean.

Jan--I have a kindle fire. It is so convenient to sit on the couch or anywhere and check out the forums, etc.

I ended up making taco soup out of my leftover meat last night plus lc cheese biscuits and lc coconut brownie bites. I wasn't even going to really cook. LOL
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #167

Rain is expected for the next week---won't stop till end of next week. My pool needs to be lowered today cause it's going to be over flowing very soon.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All.

I just woke up a little after 6:30. Going to have a quick breakfast and then get started with cleaning more.

My ex husband (not my recent exbf) will be driving up dd12 from CA on his way home to WA. He wants me to meet him right off I5 so he doesn't have an hour detour.

That means I got about 7 or so hrs before I have to leave. If I work hard I should have everything cleaned up ... the house was still a disaster when she left because I had that anxiety for so many weeks where I would panic and would have to leave the room I was working on. I'm so glad I've worked through that. 8 weeks ago today he broke my heart...though I'm still hurting...I see the choices he has made and I feel that neither my kids or I need him in our lives ..we don't need to be supporting an unemployed pot head...so that's another good thing... he isn't part of my life anymore in that way so its not my job to help fix that or support him. He said he is going to be getting severance pay.. so I guess he got fired because no one that quits and walks off the job would get severance pay.

Well, I better get going. I'm still tired but that's ok.

Ihope you all have a great day.

...Annett
Old 08-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Good Morning Glories!! We had another gully washer yesterday! Just so tired of rain. I know other people need it and we are usually among that group, but it's really getting ridiculous! I get so down when it's rainy and can't go anywhere. Going out with my sister today for our weekly salon,lunch and shop day. Saving my money for Florida trip so I won't be the one shopping.

Deb- Love the pics. Glad you chose to use the house for Christmas. I've noticed some in surrounding neighborhoods decorate more for Halloween than Christmas or don't decorate for Christmas at all! I decorate more for Christmas. That's just what I think is right. I don't know why I'm rambling. LOL

Annett- So happy for all the help you have gotten!! Good things come to good people. Probably fits in the ex situation too. You don't want drugs around your precious girls!!!
Ohhh..where in FL are you going?...we were there in May..
Old 08-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Ken is having another really really bad migraine now he is throwing up and can 't move his right arm very well he looks like death warmed over
Have to tried writing down what he is eating/drinking (everything)...when DBF gets them...it could be the day after he ate something...he learned this over time...if you write it down each day...and it is caused by his diet...a pattern will form.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

No, Mary we are not flooding we have not gotten a drop of rain for over 2 weeks and we need to so badly. My husband is watering the garden, so I am off to can green beans and tomatoes.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #172

Annett, the most important thing is that you've persevered despite the many setbacks. You've not given up, and that takes a lot of courage.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

Eliza - I'm always blown away by how many steps you walk each day!

Jan - Congratz on the new Google Nexus YAY!

Well I am a little disappointed in myself today. I am not getting as much done as I hoped. I had hoped to finish everything but I only find myself stressing out against the clock and therefore going in circles and not getting any thing done.
Overall the house is in MUCH better shape than it was when she left but not quite all the way.
She is only going to be here until tomorrow. Then she leaves for camp. Good thing I paid for camp back when I had the tax money - because there would be NO way to pay for it now. Anyway.. I guess since she is here so short I can work on the left overs and fine tuning this coming week.

This always happens - once I am going against a clock I trip myself up and stress myself out that nothing happens. I have to figure out how to combat that. If I can clean the house now without breaking down and crying over him - I can figure out how to fix this.

Well, off to make lunch for DD5. I'm not going to eat anything right now. I've worked myself up and stressed myself out that I have a stomach ache. I really need to stop doing that.

Well, I hope you all are having a great Saturday

I'll be back...

>>Annett
Old 08-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #174

trying to get some things gathered for steven Ken could not even ride in the van to town with us to shop a bit he says he is going tomorrow no matter what but IDK how he will make it from 5am until at least 4 pm i am already exhausted but we still have the wheelchair in the van just in case

Annett 15:15 is a great way to get things done
work for 15 on a definite goal and then STOP! then you can play for 15 either resting or computer or whatever
really really helps
and HONESTLY the kids will not remember a clean house they remember the things you do with them

never clean here i shovel things out every now and again! but both boys remember our science experiments cooking lessons figuring things out and reading times and all the other stuff
what room are you working in?? FLYlady was in the The Kitchen and i will post the 5 15 minute missions PICK ONE and you will be ahead of where you were 15 minutes ago
Quote:

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

Dear Friends:

Your mission for today should you choose to accept it: Scrub down
your counter tops, I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I
mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from
front to back and side to side. Yes, you have to move the stuff on
the counters to do this. DON'T take everything off at one time and
then plan to put it all back again, I promise you will get
sidetracked and then you will all email me crying that it is all my
fault!! LOL! You just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever
this is an example here! :>) ) over to one side and wipe down the
counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and
wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the
kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to
build up behind and under things. Have fun! Don't obsess! Enjoy!

Kelly

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday

Dear Friends:

We are in Kitchen this week and we are ready to go!!

Today your mission is to clean out under your sink! All the almost
empty containers, the old nasty sponges,the grocery bags, the
cleaners that you don't use,the empty jars,the clutter that just
seems to pile up under the sink! You all know exactly what I am
talking about!

Grab a trash bag and start flinging! Recycle what you can!

Kelly

Zone 2: Mission #3 Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Today we are going to de-clutter our leftover, food storage, plastic,
Rubbermaid, Tupperware, Glad-Ware, etc. containers!

Do you have excess lids? More bowls than lids? Stained and or Melted?
Do we even need to talk about those old margarine, ice cream and
sherbet containers?

It is time to let go of this clutter. I am not telling you that you
can't keep any containers, I am telling you to get rid of the ones
that have no lids, stained and the ones that keep getting shoved in
the back because it just isn't a size that works for you.

I don't know what a reasonable number of containers to own is, that
is a personal choice that has to be made on how you cook, store and
the size of your family.

I just know that if you haven't de-cluttered these items in the past
6 months it is time to really go through them and start tossing!

Spend 10 minutes doing this, don't get sidetracked and rip apart your
cabinets and drawers. One thing at a time. Recycle what you can!

Have fun!
Kelly

Zone 2: Mission #4 Thursday

Dear Friends:

Today we are going to venture in to the pantry! If you do not have a
pantry, then choose one cabinet in your kitchen to straighten.

You know how they start off so nice and orderly and somehow the boxes
overtake each other and then (my personal favorite) the EMPTY boxes
of cereal, cookies etc, that no one knows who the last one to have
them are just in there piling up! Allow yourself one good
UUUUGGGHHH, take a breath and start dumping. Look for anything that
is out of date and toss that as well. Little compares to the shining
sink like a freshly straightened cabinet or pantry!

Have fun and this can count as a 27 fling boogie!

Kelly

Zone 2: Mission #5 Friday

Dear Friends:

Today is our last day in the Kitchen!! For today I want you to grab
your broom and your mop. Sweep your kitchen floor really well and
then mop. There are several ways to mop a kitchen floor and no real
wrong way. Hot soapy water and wipe. There is no "perfect" mop and
no "perfect" way to do it. Just Do It!

Don't obsess and get caught up in perfection! It won't matter if you
don't mop the way your Mother did as long as you do it. Remember
House work done incorrectly still blesses your family!
HTH
Old 08-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Cinnamon/ We always go to Panama City Beach. Since teen years. I can go anywhere in the world and still need To go to PCB to feel like I've had a vacation. Lol We usually go several times a year but mine and family members ' health has held us back this time.

Chewie/ I've been playing with my pad all day. I think it will be much more convenient. I'll be taking it with me a lot.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #176

and an easy FLYkid's mission for your DD
Quote:
FLY Kid's Challenge

Hi Kids,

Today is such an easy challenge that I bet all of you can do this in
under ONE minute!!! Go to your room and empty your trash can. That is it! SOOOOO Easy!

An overflowing trash can makes your room look messy! Ready Set GO!!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Like those ideas Deb. I might could handle that! Lol
Old 08-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #178

I don't know.......the everlasting struggle between stuff and tidiness......if my house is not clean, I feel depressed and feel like the walls are falling in on me. When it's clean and organized, I feel like life is great and I can do anything.

It's an effort, for sure, but the important thing is to do something daily and not allow things to go too far. I also don't keep chachkis, figurines, etc., like stuff to gather dust and clutter up surfaces. That makes things easier. I throw away lots of stuff and as of the past 2 years I've learned not to buy and bring clutter into the house. helps with finances, too. I grew up in a clean, clutter-free house and I've always felt I owe the same to DS. Now, his room is a different story

I do 30/30 cleaning and chores vs. rest/computer. You'll be surprised how much you can accomplish in 30 min.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 08-10-2013 at 01:41 PM..
Old 08-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

I grew up in a clean - spotlessly clean - house as well.
I've always had trouble cleaning. Always but I've always managed to at least have it so if someone was coming over or if I had to open the front door it wasn't a big deal.

When my ex broke up with me and left me for her - its like I was just not able to cope. Every time I cleaned I was thinking of him and her etc and it would throw me in such a panic that I had to leave and escape into my online game. This times several weeks made one HUGE disasterous mess.
My floors are clear now well 90% clear and I did vacuum most of the livingroom. The coffee table is a mess but I'll get there.
The kitchen - dishes are clean and put away....but the counters still have the canned groceries I haven't put away - and clean pots stacked on the stove...and I haven't mopped the floor at all yet. I also still need to take out a couple garbage bags.

Deb - thanks for the cleaning tips I also googled the FLy Lady on you tube.

I just get frustrated that my house isn't as clean as it is supposed to be.
Love Inc offered to have someone help clean/do yard work but I am just so embarrassed that it ever got bad...I couldn't take them up on that.

Well, I should go - I'm going to take out the garbage... I'll be back later

>>Annett
Old 08-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #180

Annett, you've been through something serious that threw you off your game, but you'll get back to normal soon . So don't be too hard on yourself because of this temporary disarray. Just keep plugging along. I went through a serious period of depression years ago and that's when I had the most trouble with cleaning. I just didn't care. Interestingly enough, the clutter around me made me even more depressed. It was like a vicious circle.

Does your 12 y.o. help with cleaning? I think even a 5 y.o. can do some small things to help out Mom. You work full time and I think you can use their help.
Closed Thread