Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey Everyone

Where is everyone today???

So I went to YCAP for help with the electric bill - they were out of funds but referred me to St Vincent De Paul - I went there and got help!! YAY. At least I don't have to worry about my electricity any more.

Then I went to the bank to get a money order for rent - normally they charge $5....but today she was training someone so she waived it because I had to wait forever YAY...good thing because right now every nickel counts! I am giving my landlord $500 of $750 today so hopefully she will be ok to wait a week on the rest. She should be....

The counselor called in sick so our apt was cancelled.

I went to love inc - returned the bus passes, donated allergy medicine and got a new voucher for the clothing closet --- tonight!!!! YAY. I'm interested to see what they have for the girls.

Went to Winco - bought a 3-pk of pork roasts for $9... not bad.. some other things and another 5 dozen pk of eggs for $5. I still have some eggs (maybe a dozen ) but I thought I should really try making more of those mini quiches ahead of time for breakfasts or dinner when I don't feel like making dinner.

I'm feeling pretty lucky today. I am itching to go buy a lottery ticket... its something like $440 million.

And then "he" texted me back ... I will get some money afterall on Fri he says. We'll see. I am not going to count on it though...if he does great - I'll have some help - but for now -- just going to act like I am doing without.

Anyway - pretty tired already. Still want to go to the library and then later to the clothing closet.

Well my friends... I hope you all are having a Wonderful Wednesday

See you later....

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
what is everyone else up to?? i slept terribly last night then the early morning trip this morning and tried to sleep when i got home but it never works in the middle of the day i still feel soo drained and exhausted everything is just getting to me KWIM?
Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buttercup30
Stats: 394.6/377.8/150
Start Date: July 2013
Annette, I will continue to pray that things get a lot better for you. If he's going to do drugs, you sure don't need him around you or your children. Continue to dance with God, and He will let the right man cut in.

Deb, I will pray for you at your "TOM". I myself kicked "TOM" out when I was 30. (I don't have children, but it's not something I share, because I don't want sympathy.) I will also pray for your husband's situation. Disability is a hard thing to get on. Just keep working the system, I promise it will happen.

Chewie, I will pray that you feel better soon.

On a different note, can y'all believe it's August already? This year has gone by so fast.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #124

buttercup oh it is good t see you posting again!

TOM has left the house for another month thank goodness!! this weekend wiped me out i am thinking MAYBE the start of menopause?? because i rarely have any trouble with it since i was put on PCOS meds years ago i am 45 and i believe my Mom said her menopause was about 46 -47?

anyone seen Chris lately?? when was his trip to universal??
Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #125

wow! i wish i had the stuff to do all of this! i was lucky enough to find a house i could afford this year but i am going to make it into Santa's workshop if i had extras LOL i would do the other holidays

some people are soo talented!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #126

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Annett, I think you are right, you don't need the kind of man your ex is in your life. I cannot believe the things he is doing with a daughter to take care of. I know you miss him and you've been together a long time and have a child together, but looking back in a few years you'll see he wasn't worth it the pain.

Deb, Many hugs for you and prayers for Ken. Yes, our kids are grown up and we will be empty nesters soon, but we have to release them from the nest, it's their time. I know they are good boys and will do well on their own. And soon you will have baby Molly to visit and brighten your day. How is the quilt progressing?

Jan, hope things are going well at home and that your DH is back to his busy self.

Hi Buttercup!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 08-07-2013 at 06:24 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #127

10,144 steps so far and 70 very active minutes per my FitBit TOM is here and I started the day just wanting to lie down on the couch and read a book, but I pushed myself to get the steps done. If I didn't I would've been super disappointed with myself and that starts another host of problems.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

What an exhausting day. I've been all over town. And the next town. I am beat!

I went to the clothing closet - they didn't have a lot in the girls sizes but I did get a couple cute things.

Ya, I know. With all this stuff that he is doing now - I'm better off without him. Well and my daughter isn't his only child. He was previously married so he has a son that is 5 years older than my daughter... ironically both are born on the same day of the year 9/2 just different years. He doesn't get to see his son at all - she remarried and her new hubby "adopted" him so he has been released from his child support obligation there - so he says.

Anyway -Deb I hope you feel better

Good jobs on the steps Eliza.

I am still trying to figure out my pedometer... it counts things it should not. Like I was bent over picking up things (not walking) and it counted 60 steps?

Well, I am tired - dinner is in the oven. I did get A LOT of groceries today - now I just have to make them stretch ALL month. I ended up getting more of the frozen BLSL Chicken Breast...I figured out it came out to roughly $2.50/lb which is about the cheapest I've seen it for in a long time. I got 10 lbs total.

I am going to go check on dinner. I'll be back later. I hope you all had a wonderful day!

>>Annett
Old 08-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Oh ya... forgot to mention --- when I got my depo shot they took my blood pressure. My blood pressure has always been on the slightly high side (but not enough to medicate)... it was better today!! YAY

So I have lots of chicken, 3 roasts, broccoli. I am thinking about making some big batches of LC dinners and then freezing them in smaller portions for lunches and stuff.

Also - I've been having a strange onion craving for the past 3 days???? I sliced up almost a whole small onion to have with dinner or lunch...just raw (hate cooked onions)...not sure what my current obsession with raw onions is??? Weird.

well - Good night all

See you tomorrow.

>>Annett
Old 08-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories!! We had another gully washer yesterday! Just so tired of rain. I know other people need it and we are usually among that group, but it's really getting ridiculous! I get so down when it's rainy and can't go anywhere. Going out with my sister today for our weekly salon,lunch and shop day. Saving my money for Florida trip so I won't be the one shopping.

Deb- Love the pics. Glad you chose to use the house for Christmas. I've noticed some in surrounding neighborhoods decorate more for Halloween than Christmas or don't decorate for Christmas at all! I decorate more for Christmas. That's just what I think is right. I don't know why I'm rambling. LOL

Annett- So happy for all the help you have gotten!! Good things come to good people. Probably fits in the ex situation too. You don't want drugs around your precious girls!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #131

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Lots of storms and rain last night. We're on the edge so not having major flooding issues like Missouri. I hope Lucky is ok.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #132

Jan--when is the Florida trip? I forgot and where are you going again?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #133

Good to see you Buttercup and thanks for the nice thoughts and prayers. What's new?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #134

going to cook a turkey dinner today SIGH closer and closer to Sunday it keeps getting!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
going to cook a turkey dinner today SIGH closer and closer to Sunday it keeps getting!!!
He will have a wonderful time in college, Deb, new people and horizons. Tough for us moms, but the kids will be great!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #136

Phew, 2 lbs away from Twoterville, I can finally join our Jan in the land where it's always sunny

And 15.4 lbs lost since July 5th. Thank you, walking!

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 08-08-2013 at 08:18 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Phew, 2 lbs away from Twoterville, I can finally join our Jan in the land where it's always sunny

And 15.4 lbs lost since July 5th. Thank you, walking!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're too sweet, Chews
Old 08-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #139

Ken is having another really really bad migraine now he is throwing up and can 't move his right arm very well he looks like death warmed over
Old 08-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Ken is having another really really bad migraine now he is throwing up and can 't move his right arm very well he looks like death warmed over
Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #141

Done with the 10,000 steps for today.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Can't wait for you to get here, Eliza! It's been a rainy day outside but it's beautiful in Twoterville!!

chewie- We're leaving Sat., Aug.24th and coming back the next Sat. We always go to Panama City Beach, FL. We usually go several times a year but haven't been yet this year. We stay in the same condo that has patio beside hot tubs and pools. Very convenient. My whole family usually goes one time, my best friend and her DH goes with us once and DH and I go together. This has been a bad year for me and some others in the family health wise.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone

Deb- I am soooo sorry to read about Kens pain. Big HUGS!!! I hope he feels better!!!!

Eliza - Wahoo! I'm blown away how you're always able to manage 10K steps. You're amazing. I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to try to find online directions for my pedometer. There has to be a way to adjust it.

Well, off to make dinner. Today was good. Not too busy - not too slow - just right.
Catch ya'll in a bit

>>Annett
Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Well, I'm tired. I hope you all have a great night

What do you think? Is it too early to start pulling out the fall decorations???
I had some ideas to reuse and repurpose some fall things, but I'm hesitant because its still kind of early???

well, good night all
Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buttercup30
Stats: 394.6/377.8/150
Start Date: July 2013
Deb, I hope Ken feels better soon.
Chewie, after being on the road for 2 days, I kinda lazed around today.

Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Can't wait for you to get here, Eliza! It's been a rainy day outside but it's beautiful in Twoterville!!

chewie- We're leaving Sat., Aug.24th and coming back the next Sat. We always go to Panama City Beach, FL. We usually go several times a year but haven't been yet this year. We stay in the same condo that has patio beside hot tubs and pools. Very convenient. My whole family usually goes one time, my best friend and her DH goes with us once and DH and I go together. This has been a bad year for me and some others in the family health wise.
Oh how exciting. The beach there is so nice. I miss the beach. Sorry it's been a tough year but you're feeling better now.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #147

Buttercup---do you travel for your work? I'm sorry but I forgot what you do.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories! Down 1lb. today! Yay! 26lbs. total!
Have a little taste of what you gals are feeling with sons going away. My precious, beautiful great-niece is leaving Aug. 16 for Lee College in TN. Anybody live close? She has only gone to private Christian school all her life. I'm sure she'll get with the flow. Lee is supposed to be a pretty good school we hear and she got a full scholarship except for food. That's the great part. We are going to miss her terribly too. She is such a bright spot in DH and my lives.
Yep, chewie, we are all feeling better now. DH has been having a little chest pain but I'm not getting upset yet. DS and her DH are going with DH and I. She is 18 years older than I am so we always have a relaxing time with them. That's what we all need right now.(No, I wasn't a mistake. LOL. She had a miscarriage 4 months before getting pg with me. They actually wanted another child. Mama was certainly different from me! HaHa)

Deb- So sorry to hear about Ken's headache. So wish I could do something as I know you do. I can and do pray for him and you and family.
Eliza- You are inspiring! I don't know how you get that many steps in each day.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- Would you feel comfortable posting some progress pics? Your weight loss is amazing!!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
chewie- Would you feel comfortable posting some progress pics? Your weight loss is amazing!!
I don't have a problem with posting pics, I'm just bad at getting it done. Plus I don't even know if I have a before pic to post. I avoid the camera like the plague. LOL
Closed Thread