Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
We see him about every 2 to 3 weeks.
No, I haven't but we do use herbs and other natural healers. DH is 1/4 Cherokee and embraces his heritage. Our son named gran Fox because of it.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

I can't believe no ones in here. You all must have a real life!! LOL
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/308/160
Start Date: 03/05/2013
I'm here lol. He sure is a cutie. . Just been trying to work on bankruptcy stuff. Livingroom still not done but I did get a little more done.
Little abby is in her kiddie pool showing me how good she can hold her breath for 3 seconds lol.

Grrr...just got a txt from him...he says he hopes we are ok and that I can call him wed to talk if I want to? Whatever. I'll let abby call if she wants to but I really don't want to talk to him right now.

Anyway...well be outside a few more minutes and then I hope to get on my game for a bit... I need the distraction.

Abby did play about 6 hours with her play doh today...I think that is a new record. Lol. She even even put it away when she was done lol.

Well I'll check in later... I hope you day was good...

Old 08-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Well. I just came back to say good Night all

See you tomorrow
Old 08-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning! DH and I are having a quiet morning with lots of coffee.

Deb, where are you? Thinking of you and Ken.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Well one of the cats knocked my small bottle of bleach over into the washer where my jeans were waiting to be washed.....so my only size 30 jeans got ruined. I threw away my size 32 jeans because I am NOT going back to that. but I went upstairs to look
to see what I have. I didn't think my 28 jeans would fit....but since I had no other pants...I put them on and guess what??? THEY FIT!. The zipper is broken but I think I can fix it. I'm just excited that I fit in my size 28 jeans! WOO HOOO. Its confusing though because my weight hasn't moved.

So but I now have a question. The bleach also fell on a black cotton bra and little abbys purple shirt w/ pink hearts. They are partially bleached. The purple part is white but the pink hearts stayed. I put them both in a container w/ 1/2 water 1/2 bleach...do you think it will bleach them the rest of the way??? Its just my fav bra (and I don't have many anyway) and her fav shirt. The jeans I can part with now that I fit in a 28 LOL.

Let me know what you think.

I hope yall have a great SUNDAY
Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Eliza - we must have posted at the same time LOL

Quiet mornings are nice.

I too hope Deb and Ken are alright? I'm a little worried.....
Old 08-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #68

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. Still feeling down but trying to fake it. I ended up going grocery shopping yesterday then came home and made blueberry banana bread and chocolate zucchini bread--both low carb.

So far today I cleaned and cut up 2 lbs of green beans, made a lc focaccia, marinated some pork chops and marinated pork cubes for souvlaki for today. I'm also making zucchini feta fritters with tzatzki sauce, bruschettia for the appetizer-using the lc focaccia for bread, garlic green beans with cherry tomatoes and almonds and serving the 2 breads for dessert. I'll probably make a cuke/tom salad too since I have about a million tomatoes from my garden.

It's gray again today with a 30% chance of more rain. I think we might finally be getting caught up. I know I haven't had to water the outside pots or garden since early last week.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #69

Annett--good bargains on the play doh things. I'm so glad you could get those for your dd.

Eliza--good job on the walking.

Deb--hope Ken is better. Hope you check in soon.

Where's Sue, Mona, KC?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #70

Off to clean.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Chewie

I was glad I found those clearance things because I too would have been bummed out over the tiny bucket of play doh for $6.99.... this clearance deal was MUCH better.

You've done A LOT Chewie!!!!! I'm jealous. I've only rolled out of bed, dragged myself to the shower...dressed myself and plopped my butt here to check emails. Then I ran to walgreens to get a pack of free pens (with coupon in sunday paper). Came home and back online. LOL LOL LOL LOL. My livingroom is coming along VERY SLOWLY!!!
I'm starring at the mess and just not feeling up to it today. We'll see.

Abby is playing with the play doh again LOL.

I guess I will plan my grocery shopping and work on my budget. I haven't solved the rent problem yet. I will have less available than I thought - I forgot about the draw check that comes out. So I will have 1/3 of my rent. Well I figured it out last month...I will again this month.

Well I better go... see you all later...

>>Annett
Old 08-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #72

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
My guardian angel named Bill:

So this morning instead of going back to bed...I thought of a last resort. Go to the store, get some groceries and write the check for 10-20 dollars over. So I went. Unfortunately the store didn't allow it anymore. The gas station was next door. I thought I will just try all my debit cards at the gas station. All declined. The man at the gas station, elderly but nice, looked at me and asked me where I needed to go. I said I was trying to get to work. He said he would put $10 in my gas tank if I promise to return it when I could. OMG! I burst into tears and thanked him. I am on my way to work. YAY!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #73

howday all been a rough month so far
we went on the 127 yardsale thursday WHEW TOM attacked with a vengence and i went through 2 sets of clothes
Ohio seems to be the way to go there though much friendlier people and better prices MOLLYKINS racked up
i got an old little tikes kitchen for 3 dollars! so big we had to strap it to the roof of the van! and the little cars i had been looking for that the cheapest we could find used here was 25 bucks well we got one for 10 and another for 7!!!(and now i don't have to choose if i am going to paint it minnie mouse or batman i can do one of each) and that was the highest we spent! also a really nice sturdy Pooh bear toy box missing it's lid for 5 but we might be able to make one or just leave it off

TOM really has been killing me since then and Ken had his 2nd SSDI evaluation appointment yesterday SIGH i KNEW he would have been feeling better during it and he was then whenh we got home he is screaming in pain and cannot move of course IDK what to do about it i wanted to take him to ER again but he would not go IDK if i could have driven the 4 hours there yesterday or not and we can't afford going to the local one again
IDK seems like i post the same thing all the time SIGH
next Sunday my baby goes to EKU and i am soo not ready!!
progress so far on mollykins quilt top i think it will be bigger than i thought

oh yeah got all 3 of these for 2 bucks! 1 for the santa and 1 for the pair of candles!!!

oh forgot got this for 2 bucks and found the bins for it 2 for a dollar at big lots

ken is still in major pain today and we have another SSDI exam appointment tuesday this is for hearing and OMG he will freak being put into that little booth again his PTSD is off the charts lately
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 08-04-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #74

Jan i loved the pic had to try to make it bigger for you!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Good Morning All...

I weirdly got a child support payment today? I never get it on a Saturday - usually Tuesday? But that's ok. I'm going to pay daycare on Monday, put more gas in my tank and buy a small thing of play doh for Abby. She's been watching You Tube videos from the DisneyCollector and she shows how all the play doh things work and Abby has been begging for play doh since. I asked her what happened to hers but apparently its all lost. So I thought I will take $5-10 and get some play doh. The rest can all go to bills.
I will also buy the sunday Oregonian so I can get coupons to make my food stamps stretch and so I can see the ads and start planning.

Well at least for today - things are good - I will take it!!!! LOL
I really do still need to clean my livingroom and that is the very next thing on my list after we get back. I've really been procrastinating here because I HATE CLEANING THE LIVINGROOM LOL... I always have. BUt...my kitchen is ok so ...living room it is....

I shall return Happy Saturday everyone!!!

>>Annett
make your own playdoh at home when the boys were little we could not afford to buy any so we make homemade

make sure to keep any of it sealed after playing though or it gets hard. If it does get dry, you can work a few drops of water into it
this makes quite a bit

Quote:
Easy Homemade Playdough
Easy Homemade Playdough

Ingredients

1 cup flour
1 cup water
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
food coloring
Instructions

Mix together all the ingredients, except the food coloring, in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook over low/medium heat, stirring. Once it begins to thicken, add the food coloring. Continue stirring until the mixture is much thicker and begins to gather around the spoon.

Remove the dough onto wax paper or a plate to cool.
and kids LOVE slime!
Quote:
Elmer's glue (most kinds of white craft glue will work)
2 disposable cups
Food coloring (you pick the color)
Water
Borax Powder (available at most large grocery stores near the laundry detergent)
A plastic spoon (for stirring)
A tablespoon (for measuring)

Fill one small cup with water and add a spoonful of the Borax powder and stir it up. Then set it aside.
Fill the other small cup with about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of the glue.
Add three tablespoons (20 ml) of water to the glue and stir.
Add a few drops of the food coloring and stir it up until mixed.
Now the fun part...Add one tablespoons of the Borax solution you made earlier and stir well. Watch the slime form!
After the slime forms let it sit for about 30 seconds and then pull it off the spoon and play with it!
Tip: Keep your slime in a tightly closed plastic bag when you are not playing with it, and keep it away from carpet and your little sister's hair.

Now for the SCIENCE part.... This POLYMER is unique because it has qualities of both a solid and a liquid. It can take the shape of its containers like a liquid does, yet you can hold it in your hand and pick it up like a solid. As you might know, solid molecules are tight together, liquid molecules spread out and break apart (drops) POLYMER molecules CHAIN themselves together (they can stretch and bend like chains) and that makes them special. Jell-O, rubber bands, plastic soda bottles, sneaker soles, even gum are all forms of polymers. The polymer you made should be kept in a sealed plastic bag when you aren't playing with it. Also, be sure to keep it away from young kids or pets who might think it's food. Have fun!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hi Den

I am sooo sorry to hear about the TOM troubles. That sucks. Its one of the reasons I stay on depo period - so I have no period to deal with - because mine gets out of control too.

I'm sorry Ken is having soooo much pain. I wish I could waive a magic wand and make it go away. he's been in pain too long. I wish there was something I could do! :HUGS:

AWESOME job on those garage sale finds!!!! The toy box is sooo cute! I don't even think it needs a lid. Its fine the way it is. The princess shelf and other things are soo cute too.

Thanks for the play doh recipe and slime recipe. I think I actually have most of those things. I am just thank ful that there was the clearance so I paid very little for these sets.. but these recipes will come in handy when this play doh is used up and they ALWAYS need more LOL

Awesome job on the quilt. It looks awesome!!

Well I better eat my lunch - we're supposed to go to my Moms house shortly (in 20 min) so I better eat.

I'll be back!!! Glad to see you back online Deb!!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #77

i just got through shaving poor Ken i just thought he hadn't shaved in a few days because he didn't want too SIGH turns out he could NOT! and was too stubborn hoping he could improve and raise his arms to tell me he is only 45 and this is breaking his spirit soo bad took a LOT out of him to ask me to shave him

Last edited by debkeversole; 08-04-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Deb....what great buys you got for little Molly!
Eli and I made play dough some time back and we both had fun with it.
Jan....what a sweet picture of your guys!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #79

Hi girls, how is everyone today? I've been busy completing some mandatory online seminars for work. I'm done with 2 of the 4 and passed both assessments with 100% so that was a relief (they require 90% or better ) In the breaks, I've been walking and am already over 10K steps, aiming for 11K by the end of the day.

Deb, great finds! Hope your TOM troubles go away soon. Ken has been in my thoughts and prayers, it is just so sad that he has been going through such health difficulties. I still remember when he got into that terrible accident and how much he has suffered since.

I truly hope that since he is only 45, a young man, he will recover and be much, much better in the future. Honestly, if I were you, I'd find a chiropractor or an osteopath and take him there, they are usually very good at giving people more mobility with their manipulations, and they are usually very gentle, especially osteopaths. If you ask for chiro cash rates, they are very reasonable and will totally be worth Ken's time and money in increased mobility and possibly less pain.

There are youtube videos on how to gently massage muscles to increase mobility as well. Deb, did I send you the link to trigger point therapy site? check your Facebook, I'll do it again.

Annett, sorry about your jeans getting bleached. And happy the 28s fit you! Looks like little Abby is getting a lot of hours of fun out of the play-doh set....

Sue, enjoy your time with Eli! How is baby Layla doing? Bet she has grown even more since the last time I saw her.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - 887, and over 2,057,000 steps
Old 08-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Deb- So glad to hear from you. Not good about all the pain Ken is in. So sorry. Wish I could do something and I know you do too. It's hard to be helpless! Love the good buys you got! Wow!! So cute. Love the quilt, too. It looks almost done. You are such a computer genius. It took me a while to just get it posted. Thanks for enlarging it!

Eliza- You are a walking machine!!

Annett- Sorry about the bleach spill. Can you make Abby's shirt look tie-dyed? Twist it and put rubber bands a few inches apart and bleach. Diluted some. You could prob do that with your jeans too. ?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Sue, I hope I get the chance to try to be as good a grandmother as you!!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #82

Good night, girls, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Good Night All

Have a great monday
Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
IMG_1790.jpg
My daughter and I took the grandkids to an animal park. We all had a great time.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning.

Happy Monday all....

Lucky... I'm glad you all had fun.

-----------

So last night my dd5 was watching tv on my nook. I went to bed...she said she was just going to finish her shoe (10min)... and I was like that's ok. I must have fallen asleep fast lol. I woke up at 230AM to noise...she was Still watching tv. ..... I was like... no turn it off ... etc... now I she won't get up lol.

Well I better go.. have a great day everyone...

..Annett.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #86

Hi, rainy again but it's a blessing.

DS18 starts his 2 summer classes today. He only has them for 2 weeks but he has to go every single day except weekends. Then on 8/19 he starts regular classes as does my younger ds.

DS14 starts real football practice today at 3 pm. It goes from 3-8 pm everyday this week. 5 hours is insane!!!! Next week they cut back to 4 hours and then the next week goes to 3 except on game days, that's a bit different. They play Mondays and Fridays. Accckkkk It's going to get nuts around my house very soon.

Deb--good bargains. I'm praying for Ken, it's terrible how he is suffering.

Elaine--glad you had a good day, great memories for your grand kids.

Sue--hi.

Eliza--wow, you sure are walking. Woohoo---awesome job! I'm so proud of you and a little jealous as I'm just still a slug and lazy too.

Annett--2:30??? Wow, she must have been finding very interesting things to watch. lol
Old 08-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #87

Hi girls, it's almost noon and I have only walked a bit over 100 steps I need to learn to go to bed on time, not stay up till 1 or 2 am, then feel half dead in the morning. Plus, TOM made an appearance this morning. Thankfully, when I'm on strict LC with no grains I have no cramps or any other aches or pains. I couldn't even tell it was coming , it just showed up.

So, I need to get my chunky buns in gear and get walking.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, friends! Feeling a bit under the weather. My stomach is hurting and cramping like old times with TOM. Had a hysterectomy in late 30's so can't be that! Started yesterday and still this morning. Two loose BM's this morning. Some before bed last night too. Maybe TMI. LOL Started using coconut oil. Could that be it?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Hello, friends! Feeling a bit under the weather. My stomach is hurting and cramping like old times with TOM. Had a hysterectomy in late 30's so can't be that! Started yesterday and still this morning. Two loose BM's this morning. Some before bed last night too. Maybe TMI. LOL Started using coconut oil. Could that be it?
Oh yeah, I bet that's it. Feel better, Jan! CO gives me severe stomach cramps and loose BMs. It also gives me hives when i put it on my skin. You could start small, like 1/4 teaspoon and build it up gradually, which may work for you.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

OK. That's it then. I've been trying to get in 2 tablespoons a day. Stopping it for sure. May try a smaller amount later but for now, no. LOL
Closed Thread