Old 08-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Good Morning....well afternoon now I guess.

I've been so frustrated. Last night I was playing online the Combat Arms game with the same people I've known online for 3+ years. In the last few months they have been making fun of fat people --- occasionally posting pics of women who are very very overweight and then they crack jokes like "oh joey ... your new gf" etc. Normally I just "whatever it" and ignore it. Its not an every day thing.
But last night we had a lot of hackers join our game which we had to kick so that just made me very frustrated and one of the ppl online decided to be drunk. I was the only F in our group online...13 men.... one of them posted a pic of a very very fat woman eating a block of cheese...like a 2 lb block of cheese. They started making fun...joking about it but last night - even though this was not about me - it was hurtful. They know I am overweight - they don't know that I used to weigh 352 but now even in the 310 range...I don't feel like making fun of some overweight woman is "fun". Geez. They all are not perfect themselves. Some of the men are overweight but do I go post pics of fat men and make fun? No.
I guess I was extra sensitive because we already had problems just playing and now this. I mean it got to the point of one of them saying "if I gave you a million $$ would you f her?" totally inappropriate... the answers were like f no and worse. It just got pushed and pushed and pushed. I finally left without saying a word. I just shut down the game and teamspeak (we use teams speak to talk to team members only).

I don't know. I had issues in the past with this but my ex (then my bf) just told me to ignore it and whatever it ---- but now...it went to far and I don't think its anything to laugh about or be funny with. I never intended to weigh this much. I often eat less than my 5 yr old. I tried every diet known to man - and now that I am re-doing atkins its the only thing that seems to work. And I'm going to keep going. I wish I could get out of this stall-zone...but I'll get there.

Anyway - I guess what I was trying to ask... was I being too sensitive???? will men just be men??? Or am I right to be upset by this?? I wrote one of the other women in our group about this and I was literally getting teary eyed.

Let me know what you think! I just want to be sure I am not over-reacting.

Other than that my day has been going well.

Deb - that's a good medication - I think aside from being a muscle relaxer, it also has a pain blocker as well. I hope they this fixed soon so he can have his meds.

I read online that Stevia can be beneficial for Type 2 diabetics:

“Stevia has garnered attention with the rise in demand for low-carbohydrate, low-sugar food alternatives. Medical research has also shown possible benefits of stevia in treating obesity and high blood pressure. Because stevia has a negligible effect on blood glucose, it is attractive as a natural sweetener to people on carbohydrate-controlled diets.”

I know what you mean with the food bank. I've had to go and yes, a lot of it is carbs. What I am trying to do is offset my grocey bill so I don't have to buy carby things and can buy low-carb things. the kids will eat the pastas, rice and beans..etc. I do get food stamps so I just gotta to get it working for us. Since had spent my entire months worth of food stamps of foods for Canada and his pantry ...and then he broke up with me...and I ended up donating almost everything....- I've been playing catch up to re-stock.

One question.. have any of you used Xanthan gum to make gravy? I was thinking of heating up some vegetable stock and adding xanthan gum to see how that turns out?
The Holidays are coming and I WANT MY GRAVY LOL. This would be much better on the carb scale.

Anyway - off to go get ready to go to my parents house. We will be seeing a lot of them in the next few days. they are going to watch Katy Mon, Tue and thu and fri and Wed we're going to the Japanese gardens with them. What a week!

Well, catch you later....let me know what you think!

>>>Annett
yes i have used xanthan gum but i have forgotten HOW! ugh i think i had to strain it though to get the bigger lumps out but it worked and was very good
have fun at the japanese gardens

ken is having another bad migraine gosh i hate this

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Yep. Rain. A little ( a whole lot ) too much of a good thing, here too. My front yard looks like a swamp.
Annett- Sounds like a group of immature, inconsiderate punks to me. That's just MHO. Think I'd be looking for a new team.
Fresh Okra: Layer on a cookie sheet and season with a little sea salt and garlic powder. Bake and stir a little to turn mid way cooking. Get it brown. So much better than fried. My DH loves it too. A way to eat some fresh veggies LC.
Talk to you all later.
gosh i LOVE okra only veggies in the house today are fresh corn the neighbors brought over SIGH not LOw carb going to look in freezer i think i have a frozen pack of orka(not breaded) fingers crossed! that would be good with chicken breasts
Old 08-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
We just took 2 gallons okra (already bagged for freezer), some tomatoes and a dozen eggs to our neighbor. Wish you were my neighbor.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #364

Quote:
We just took 2 gallons okra (already bagged for freezer), some tomatoes and a dozen eggs to our neighbor. Wish you were my neighbor.
YUM! i think we could have fun being neighbors i am messy but creative!
i didn't have the okra but i did have some Brussels sprouts so chicken strips seasoned with rosemary and garlic and buttered Brussels sprouts for supper Ken is wanting SNAACKS cakes cookies brownies anything he says LOL i have some tea brewing in the fridge and will put some stevia in it so he can have some sweet tea with supper
he seemed to like his coffee with a little stevia in it
Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #365

think this will be lunch for tomorrow

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS*
2 6-ounce cans tuna or salmon, drained well*
2 eggs*
1/4 cup celery, chopped fine, 1 ounce*
2 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 1/2 ounce*
1/4 cup green pepper, minced, 1 ounce*
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded*
Salt and pepper, to taste*
Pinch Old Bay seasoning
Mix all of the ingredients and spoon into 6 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.
Makes 6 servings*
Old 08-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Yummmm! Sounds good. Yes, you can't 'eat off my floor' either! LOL
Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

What does Old Bay taste like?
Old 08-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #368

Quote:
What does Old Bay taste like?
i really like it it is used in a lot of seafood dishes hmm have you ever had cheddar bay biscuits?? i am sot sure how to describe it

just realized today makes 7 years since my Mommie died
Old 08-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #369

recipe for old bay

1 tablespoon ground dried bay leaves
2 teaspoons celery salt
1-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground mace
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Old 08-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Oh. You make it yourself. Wow! Sounds Good! Sorry about your mom. I so understand.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #371

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Deb, so sorry about your Mommie
Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/352/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey All

Well normally my team in the game is quite nice. They have been very supportive with the breakup and the hard times. They kicked him out of our group and banned him from the forums. Age ranges from one player as young as 19 to the oldest at 50 something.
And these fat women jokes don't occur often - maybe once per month but last night was just too much.

Deb- I was going to try to dissolve the xanthan gum quickly in a small thing of hot water and then mix it with the veg stock? Hopefully avoiding the lumps. I don' know. I have some xanthan gum still sealed up and brand new I bought a few months back...been thinking about how to apply it best. gravy seems so logical.... maybe a cheese sauce too.
I am going to see if it thickens cold liquid too.

I got a cool freebie in my email today: Rent a Wii game for 1 night for free. I got the kids the Angy Birds Wii Game for the night.... a nice little incentive to clean the livingroom so they have room to play --- and oh boy are they cleaning right now LOL.

Well, off to go make dinner.

to everyone - I hope you all are having a great day.

Annett
Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #373

Quote:
Oh. You make it yourself. Wow! Sounds Good! Sorry about your mom. I so understand.
i do make a lot of my spice mixes but i have a tin of old bay! LOL i thought seeing the ingredients might give you an idea of how it tastes
Old 08-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Can you buy it at grocery store?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #375

11,000+ steps and 74 very active minutes today. I'm done with the walking. Time for a well-deserved glass of wine and then - bed. Early morning tomorrow because of work.

You girls have a peaceful night and sweet dreams.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #376

Quote:
Can you buy it at grocery store?
oh yeah but if you prefer another spice like when you make salmon patties feel free to sub the one you like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
11,000+ steps and 74 very active minutes today. I'm done with the walking. Time for a well-deserved glass of wine and then - bed. Early morning tomorrow because of work.

You girls have a peaceful night and sweet dreams.
wowow! Eliza you are a machine !:jum pjoy: i used to like walking but it is soo lonely now
is school starting back there tomorrow? i swear i think everyone's should wait until after labor day sigh and even college here starts in early mid august now
Old 08-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #377

Deb, yes, tomorrow starts a week of waiver days for us teachers, and the kids come in on the 26th.

Ya know, I walk alone, no one to do it with me, but what can ya do.....Hope Ken had a good day and is adjusting to his new diet. He will feel so much better after the initial carb detox is over.

Good night, all, and sweet dreams.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Going to bed. Good Night my sweet friends. May you all wake up with a little less of you than you take to bed.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #379

Ken's right side won't move again i can't get him up from the couch to try to go to bed
Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Oh No Deb!!! I am so sorry. That's just awful. It looks like you posted a little bit ago so I am going to hope you got him up to bed.

Well, I should head to bed. I am going to work in the morning. Good night all....Deb...my thoughts are with you!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #381

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I'll start in the morning trying to get about 2 K steps. I will have to get up at 4:30 am to do it because I leave for work by 6:45 am. I usually get about 4K steps walking around at work. When I get home, I will complete the difference, which should be about 4 K steps.

I'm not doing all the steps all at once not only because it would take too much time and be too boring, but because the studies they reviewed in that article found it is necessary to move throughout the day, not do one big chunk all at once. Actually in the case of one big workout and being sedentary afterwards, benefits were minimal.

Are you going to join me? You don't have to start with 10 K, maybe 5, but as skinny as you are right now, it should be easy peasy. Maybe you can take Stoli for walks around the neighborhood. I bet she will really love it.
I will be joining you soon. Tomorrow I am going for orientation for a weight training class. It is only twice a week but I need to tone up and it should be the beginning of my movement effort. LOL
Old 08-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #382

Quote:
Hi everyone! I was down 1/2 lb today! Yay!
Slept late this morning.

Chewie/ I'm leaving this Saturday. Can't wait! It's still raining here. DH sister is there now and said it had been raining there in mornings but clear in afternoons. I really don't care about the rain. My favorite thing is looking at the ocean anyway. So calming.

Eliza/ Don't worry about me getting bored with your walking posts. I find them very inspiring. It makes me believe there's hope for me.
the ocean, it is just captivating to me too.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #383

Wow, it's the first day of school today. Accckkk! Hard to believe the summer is coming to a close already.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #384

So my MIL was mean as usual yesterday and I usually bite my tongue. Nope, I let her have it and just went in and told her she was wrong--she was picking on my dh. The poor guy works 70 hours a week and has only one day off---and we serve them. She picked up her purse and left. My poor dad didn't know what to do. He went outside to see where she was and she had taken the car and driven away. Unbelievable. This is a lady that doesn't drive ever----crazy. So that was our night. She didn't even have dinner just the appetizers. Her loss. Now my poor dad is going to have to listen to her. GRRRRR
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All

Good for you Chewie. I think you did the right thing. She has always given you a hard time. Even if she is mad at the moment, she will hopefully realize she needs to behave better.

Well I am off to work....have a great Monday all.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Way to go Chewie. Maybe she will be so mad she won't come back for you to feed her every Sunday.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone

So I dropped my DD5 at daycare and my DD12 at my parents house... just to drive 30 minutes to work to find out they marked me "off" today because I am working Friday.
Last time I checked, Friday was supposed to be an extra day.. not a trade. But, I saw the schedule for today and they are going to be CrAzY so I hit the door running as fast as I could before they would change their minds. I did leave my Nook on the charger there but that's Ok. I'll just get it tomorrow. No sense in spending gas money to go out there again today.

Well, I picked up DD12 from my parents house. I am going to leave DD5 at daycare for a bit so my DD12 and I can get some cleaning done. YAY.

So, off I go....we're going to get as much done as possible before I have to get her.

See ya'll in a bit... Happy Monday
Old 08-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go, chewie!! I've been wanting you to do that but didn't want to interfere!! Yay!! You go girl! You had to do it. Your sweet DH would have never said anything to his Mom. We have to take care of them sometimes. Lucky- If only chewie could be so lucky. I doubt it! She'll be back!

No movement on scales today. Ordinary morning.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #389

He could not move on his own at all for a long while i was afraid he would slump and fall into the floor if i left him. it is literally just like half of him is paralyzed when these occur and the other side is getting weaker too each time he has one

woke up late because of being up so late last night with Ken
got the garbage loaded i couldn't lift the big containers into the truck so took the individual bags out and put them in the back and Ken and i went to the dump stopped at the store and got lots of veggies LOL Ken was goping by all the GOODIES and saying good bye old friend i cracked up
the doc had mentioned no cheese either UGH so he said goodbye as i was picking up a block of cheddar i said you can have cheese on LC and he also said not so many eggs and i said you can have those too
just finished linda sue's salmon muffins and they were yummy
we will have a salad with chicken strips for supper i sure hope this helps Ken some

Steven called after his first class this morning LOL he said it was going to be way easy the rprofessor even said most fridays there wouldn't be class! *rolleyes* he has 2 classes today with Alison so that made me feel better she is very nice
we tried to mow a little i swear we need a bushhog you should have seen me trying to move the engine puller with the hand truck but it had to be done grass around it was almost waist high wore me out though and it is so frustrating to ken that he can not do it any more
soo i need to change over the laundry do FLYLADY'S mission today which is to dust the cieling fans and go after the cob webby things in the master bedrooms and i am going to hit the shower after that! i iz smelly after it being so humid and doing the stuff outside
AND ashley set the date for her baby shower Sept 21 and i reckon i am doing the cake EEK she seems to like the belly ones soo i gotta gfigure that out ! and get my kitchen prepped to do it I AM SOO VERY RUSTY on cakes and i gotta get Mollykins quilt finished by then and i was going to surprise her with a motorcycle diaper cake eek! i am soo far behind!
IDK if i should do JUST the belly cake or place it on a bigger sheet cake i have no idea how many will be there

just an idea the colors and stuff would be different

got NONE of the phone calls i needed to do today done oh i did get the mattress turned in the upstairs bedroom!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 08-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, ask Lony about the cake. I think she did one.
Closed Thread