LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/351.5/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey All

Well, I hope I didn't say that wrong. I DO Appreciate what we did get... I guess the way it was explained though made me believe they would had it all and it wasn't the case.
There were very few families there and it was by invite only so we had to have the piece of paper to prove we eligible.

Anyway.........................

Eliza - I am still amazed with your steps. I can't get my pedometer lined up with me. It still says I take 65 steps and I barely moved. Once I get my $$$ situation corrected I might look at the Fitbit thing. It looks very helpful.

Deb - Which muscle relaxer does he use? Robaxin? (same as methocarbomol) not sure of spelling....or does he use something else?

Well my friends. I am soooo tired. I am going to head to bed....

Good Night All

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Chews, everything you cook sounds amazing! You are such a hard worker and accomplish in a day what most of us accomplish in a week. I wish I could do as much as you do at any given time. Watch out for the apricot spread, though, it doesn't seem to be LC even if it is SF. Smuckers SF apricot jam has 5 carbs per Tbsp. It's this high in carbs from all the fructose that naturally occurs in apricots.

I try to stay under 20 carbs per day, so 4 tbsp of it will do me in. And knowing me, I'd probably want to have something like 15 tbsp.
Thanks for the info. I knew it wasn't really low carb but I didn't use as much as it said to use so a little will be fine. I'll probably have one serving on a cracker or cucumber. I have to save room for my protein. I'm amazed at what I finished yesterday too. I could not have done even half of that before the weight loss.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Pumpkin Spice Muffins? LC?
Not lc--I won't eat them and neither will my ds14. Neither of us likes spice stuff.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #334

Quote:
Hi Annett, Jan, Chews Wonder where Deb is.

I'm done with my 10 K steps, will probably put in another 1K by the end of the day. Did my weekly grocery shopping this morning, so tomorrow is just cleaning and laundry day. About to go make some Buffalo wings for dinner.
Yum, love wings.

What is your walking plan when you start back to school?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #335

Deb--glad you checked in. I've been worried and praying for you and Ken. Sounds like things are super busy.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #336

Quote:
Hi Michele,
Hope TOM leaves and takes all the cravings with it. Chromium picolinate has been really good to me in killing cravings. Especially if I have happened to have fallen of the wagon and try to get back on induction.

To get 10,000 steps I do a number of different things:
~ I put my FitBit on the minute I wake up because puttering about the house still gives you some steps.

~ I try to extend my shopping trips and walk back and forth throughout the store a few times so I can clock in more steps. A trip to Walmart today netted me a bit over 2,000 steps. If it hadn't become too crowded, I would've stayed longer. A mall trip with just browsing around gives me about 3-4 K steps.

~ I learned to park farther away from stores and places I go to.

~ Going to work and going about my daily duties nets me about 4,000 steps (I'm a teacher and work on a big campus where things are spread out). I'm now planning to park at the farthest parking lot and take a full circle around the building after we dismiss the kids instead of parking closer to the building and taking a shortcut.

~ At home, I have a treadmill and walk on it. I also have a long hallway running between our front and back doors. I call it my "dog run". It's 30 steps each way, and I consider going the length twice a lap. I count laps. Sometimes I do 10 laps, sometimes 30 or 50, depending how I feel. The best part about walking laps is that I don't need special clothing or footwear like I do when I get on the treadmill. I can just get up and walk. Plus, I have the TV on on one end of my dog run, so instead of sitting on the couch watching, i walk and watch, I can still hear everything all the way down on the other end. I sometimes also listen to audiobooks on my mp3 player. I borrow/download these for free from my local library's digital service.

~ Outdoor walking is great but I live in TX and it's been in the high 90s -100s for the past 4 months, so I can't go outside, but I'm planning to start as soon as we get into the 80s. There is a nearby park with trails.

~ My FitBit connects to their website and automatically downloads updates on steps, miles, calories burned, and very active minutes, which also helps keep me motivated.

Sorry, this is too long but this is the first time in my life that I have been successful at moving/exercising for an extended period of time, actually, daily since July 8th. I owe that I think to abandoning the notion that "working out" means jumping and running yourself to death, that exercise should be painful and unpleasant to work. I realized that I can walk in short spurts and reach my goal. I agree with Mark Sisson that we need to move continuously at a slow pace, and that's what I do. I have lots more stamina and a more positive outlook, like there is hope for me. I was a notorious couch potato, would spend days and weekends sitting on the couch and reading, or at the computer. Well, with all the walking, I have no time for that. And now, if I sit too long, I start feeling strange and anxious, like I need to get up and move. The power of habit, I guess.

I will post a couple of excerpts from articles I read supported by research that got me moving.

Again, sorry about the looooooooong missive, hope it wasn't too boring. Hope this was helpful. If you have any more questions, do let me know.
I love this. Thanks for posting and being such a great inspiration.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #337

Jan, when do you leave for Florida?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #338

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks for the info. I knew it wasn't really low carb but I didn't use as much as it said to use so a little will be fine. I'll probably have one serving on a cracker or cucumber. I have to save room for my protein. I'm amazed at what I finished yesterday too. I could not have done even half of that before the weight loss.
See, you have restraint. I know I don't.....I have one serving and then a dozen more follow.....As they say, according to serving portions, I am a family of four
Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #339

Quote:
I love this. Thanks for posting and being such a great inspiration.
Awwwww, thank you I talk about this a lot and I hope I am not boring or irritating anyone.

The article I posted on the previous page made it clear to me why I should walk throughout the day. So many benefits! And so many scary things if I don't. It surely got my fat petunia moving.

I think it is important to know and if we want to be truly healthy, as you had said before, it cannot be just diet, it has to be movement of some sort.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 08-18-2013 at 08:52 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #340

Quote:
Yum, love wings.

What is your walking plan when you start back to school?
I'll start in the morning trying to get about 2 K steps. I will have to get up at 4:30 am to do it because I leave for work by 6:45 am. I usually get about 4K steps walking around at work. When I get home, I will complete the difference, which should be about 4 K steps.

I'm not doing all the steps all at once not only because it would take too much time and be too boring, but because the studies they reviewed in that article found it is necessary to move throughout the day, not do one big chunk all at once. Actually in the case of one big workout and being sedentary afterwards, benefits were minimal.

Are you going to join me? You don't have to start with 10 K, maybe 5, but as skinny as you are right now, it should be easy peasy. Maybe you can take Stoli for walks around the neighborhood. I bet she will really love it.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Hi everyone! I was down 1/2 lb today! Yay!
Slept late this morning.

Chewie/ I'm leaving this Saturday. Can't wait! It's still raining here. DH sister is there now and said it had been raining there in mornings but clear in afternoons. I really don't care about the rain. My favorite thing is looking at the ocean anyway. So calming.

Eliza/ Don't worry about me getting bored with your walking posts. I find them very inspiring. It makes me believe there's hope for me.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #342

Quote:
Slept late this morning.

Chewie/ I'm leaving this Saturday. Can't wait! It's still raining here. DH sister is there now and said it had been raining there in mornings but clear in afternoons. I really don't care about the rain. My favorite thing is looking at the ocean anyway. So calming.

Eliza/ Don't worry about me getting bored with your walking posts. I find them very inspiring. It makes me believe there's hope for me.
Wooohooo, Jan! Another 1/2 lb down and moving toward Onederland!

Girl, you are skinnier than me, so there is hope for all of us when it comes to walking. Now, don't make me do P90X, Insanity workout, situps, planks, or sprints but walking, we got that covered.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #343

Deb, thinking of you and Ken. Hope things have gotten better.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Just came in to see what everyone is doing. I'm being lazy so far. Don't laugh Eliza but I have been going to the master bathroom when need to go so that I have to walk down the hallway and into my bedroom instead of using the nearest one. Extra steps!!! I cut a coupon and am going to the store to get free toothpaste. Prob. will stop at thrift stores to walk around. Yay, me!!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #345

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Hey All

Well, I hope I didn't say that wrong. I DO Appreciate what we did get... I guess the way it was explained though made me believe they would had it all and it wasn't the case.
There were very few families there and it was by invite only so we had to have the piece of paper to prove we eligible.

Anyway.........................

Eliza - I am still amazed with your steps. I can't get my pedometer lined up with me. It still says I take 65 steps and I barely moved. Once I get my $$$ situation corrected I might look at the Fitbit thing. It looks very helpful.

Deb - Which muscle relaxer does he use? Robaxin? (same as methocarbomol) not sure of spelling....or does he use something else?

Well my friends. I am soooo tired. I am going to head to bed....

Good Night All
i believe it is cyclobenzaprine
Old 08-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #346

Jan, that is very smart way to get extra steps! WTG! Hope you find cool stuff in the thrift stores.

How is little Fox doing? Has he visited you recently? Maybe next year he will be ready to go to Florida with you.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #347

Deb! How are things today? How are Ken and Steven doing?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #348

Quote:
Slept late this morning.

raining here again too we were hoping to get to mow a little here today seriously huge grass and weeds are my yard right now
Old 08-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

In here again. Can you tell I'm bored? Didn't go anywhere . It's raining too much. Don't want to go slosh around in it. I have been walking around the house with a can of Veg-All in each hand doing arm movements. Don't know if you'd call them exercises or not but they're having to stretch.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #350

feeding ken meats and veggies today until i can get a low carb menu and shopping list figured out ALL AS have been triggering his headaches soo does anyone know if Stevia since it isn't artificial and not sugar can be used and not raise his blood sugar? it doesn't me but i am not diabetic either i sure am not going to go by the low fat whole wheat and ACTIVIA YOGURT the doc said to CRAZY
but you know where we have been getting food from the food pantry IDK it is all carby so i really am in a hard place right now
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #351

Quote:
In here again. Can you tell I'm bored? Didn't go anywhere . It's raining too much. Don't want to go slosh around in it. I have been walking around the house with a can of Veg-All in each hand doing arm movements. Don't know if you'd call them exercises or not but they're having to stretch.
YES EXERCISE! you are soo awesome!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

No, haven't seen him in five weeks today! Waaaa. We are planning to take them to FL next year. At least I'll get a week with him then. LOL
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #353

Quote:
Jan, movement is movement, whether outside or indoors wearing sports gear or slippers....I would definitely call them exercises. I wouldn't go out in the rain, either, but I love sitting on my couch reading and looking out when it rains. Or sleeping.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you ,Deb. I needed that. No, don't know about Stevia. I would think it was safe though.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza- I can really sleep good when it rains. I think I've had enough rain now though. Really tired of it!!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
feeding ken meats and veggies today until i can get a low carb menu and shopping list figured out ALL AS have been triggering his headaches soo does anyone know if Stevia since it isn't artificial and not sugar can be used and not raise his blood sugar? it doesn't me but i am not diabetic either i sure am not going to go by the low fat whole wheat and ACTIVIA YOGURT the doc said to CRAZY
but you know where we have been getting food from the food pantry IDK it is all carby so i really am in a hard place right now
You are a trooper, my friend, so much to deal with

On the Stevia, have you checked the Diabetes threads around here? I'm sure it's been discussed.

Yeah, the doctors, unknowingly, keep themselves in business with those crazy dietary suggestions.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #357

Quote:
No, haven't seen him in five weeks today! Waaaa. We are planning to take them to FL next year. At least I'll get a week with him then. LOL
gosh how far away do they live??
Quote:
Eliza- I can really sleep good when it rains. I think I've had enough rain now though. Really tired of it!!
i love rain but man oh man! this year has not been one we can ENJOY the rain it has been like MONSOON and i can not figure out why the rivers and the lakes don't have any water in them KWIM? we have ha so very much rain seriously you SINK in my yard walking now
Old 08-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #358

Deb, several threads on eating LC on a budget included under this thread. Hope you can work something out so you can feed your man a diet that will help with his diabetes.

Eating within your low carb budget.. Several threads included
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/351.5/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning....well afternoon now I guess.

I've been so frustrated. Last night I was playing online the Combat Arms game with the same people I've known online for 3+ years. In the last few months they have been making fun of fat people --- occasionally posting pics of women who are very very overweight and then they crack jokes like "oh joey ... your new gf" etc. Normally I just "whatever it" and ignore it. Its not an every day thing.
But last night we had a lot of hackers join our game which we had to kick so that just made me very frustrated and one of the ppl online decided to be drunk. I was the only F in our group online...13 men.... one of them posted a pic of a very very fat woman eating a block of cheese...like a 2 lb block of cheese. They started making fun...joking about it but last night - even though this was not about me - it was hurtful. They know I am overweight - they don't know that I used to weigh 352 but now even in the 310 range...I don't feel like making fun of some overweight woman is "fun". Geez. They all are not perfect themselves. Some of the men are overweight but do I go post pics of fat men and make fun? No.
I guess I was extra sensitive because we already had problems just playing and now this. I mean it got to the point of one of them saying "if I gave you a million $$ would you f her?" totally inappropriate... the answers were like f no and worse. It just got pushed and pushed and pushed. I finally left without saying a word. I just shut down the game and teamspeak (we use teams speak to talk to team members only).

I don't know. I had issues in the past with this but my ex (then my bf) just told me to ignore it and whatever it ---- but now...it went to far and I don't think its anything to laugh about or be funny with. I never intended to weigh this much. I often eat less than my 5 yr old. I tried every diet known to man - and now that I am re-doing atkins its the only thing that seems to work. And I'm going to keep going. I wish I could get out of this stall-zone...but I'll get there.

Anyway - I guess what I was trying to ask... was I being too sensitive???? will men just be men??? Or am I right to be upset by this?? I wrote one of the other women in our group about this and I was literally getting teary eyed.

Let me know what you think! I just want to be sure I am not over-reacting.

Other than that my day has been going well.

Deb - that's a good medication - I think aside from being a muscle relaxer, it also has a pain blocker as well. I hope they this fixed soon so he can have his meds.

I read online that Stevia can be beneficial for Type 2 diabetics:

“Stevia has garnered attention with the rise in demand for low-carbohydrate, low-sugar food alternatives. Medical research has also shown possible benefits of stevia in treating obesity and high blood pressure. Because stevia has a negligible effect on blood glucose, it is attractive as a natural sweetener to people on carbohydrate-controlled diets.”

I know what you mean with the food bank. I've had to go and yes, a lot of it is carbs. What I am trying to do is offset my grocey bill so I don't have to buy carby things and can buy low-carb things. the kids will eat the pastas, rice and beans..etc. I do get food stamps so I just gotta to get it working for us. Since had spent my entire months worth of food stamps of foods for Canada and his pantry ...and then he broke up with me...and I ended up donating almost everything....- I've been playing catch up to re-stock.

One question.. have any of you used Xanthan gum to make gravy? I was thinking of heating up some vegetable stock and adding xanthan gum to see how that turns out?
The Holidays are coming and I WANT MY GRAVY LOL. This would be much better on the carb scale.

Anyway - off to go get ready to go to my parents house. We will be seeing a lot of them in the next few days. they are going to watch Katy Mon, Tue and thu and fri and Wed we're going to the Japanese gardens with them. What a week!

Well, catch you later....let me know what you think!

>>>Annett
Old 08-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Yep. Rain. A little ( a whole lot ) too much of a good thing, here too. My front yard looks like a swamp.
Annett- Sounds like a group of immature, inconsiderate punks to me. That's just MHO. Think I'd be looking for a new team.
Fresh Okra: Layer on a cookie sheet and season with a little sea salt and garlic powder. Bake and stir a little to turn mid way cooking. Get it brown. So much better than fried. My DH loves it too. A way to eat some fresh veggies LC.
Talk to you all later.
Closed Thread