Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Yes, it's cooled down a little here too. High 60's and low 70's. My great-niece moved to college today. Her parents are spending first night at nearby hotel to make sure she has everything. That's what they said!
No movement on scales but glad to get rid of weekend gain and an extra 1/2lb. Slowly but surely.
I'm beginning to get excited about my trip. My nephew got 50% disability from VA with back check and now monthly checks! So thankful. Has been over a year. He is going to appeal the 50% but he gets to keep drawing while he appeals. He rented a condo in the same building as us and is going the same week. He really needs some calmness.
Deb- Getting a little nervous. Get in here and tell us what's going on. Worried about Ken!! Hope he's not having an awful time of it .
Eliza- Well, I have gone from 1/2 mi most days to .7 to .8 mi. per day now. Very gradual but am increasing.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Good night room. Talk to you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams!!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey All

What a long day. I hope you all had a great day.

Eliza-Do you bother with peeling the peaches? I wasn't going to but most website I read said to??

Came home - had a notice in the mail from Las Vegas PD. Apparently they arrested someone and in their apartment they found 12 peoples personal information and 11 credit cards in other peoples names... Should I feel blessed I have crappy credit:? I doubt he was able to open anything in my name. I will double check my credit reports though. I have to sign an affidavit now stating that I don't know this person so they can prosecute...YAY! Just another thing I needed to deal with LOL. At least I don't have to go to Las Vegas to take care of this - GEEZ

Well, I should go. Its late and I am exhausted. I hope you all have a great night

>>Annett
Old 08-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #304
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Omg, Annett, how scary! Glad they caught that @#$!&$% Crazy stuff!

No, I do not peel the peaches, I figure skin gives more fiber and a lot of the nutrients are supposed to be there. I guess it depends what you are planning to use them for..... It sounds like too much trouble and the best part of them will be discarded.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Ok, thank you ... I won't bother peeling them then. I just was not sure. Ya, I would like to know how that person got all my personal info....I don't give that out to just anyone.

Well dd12 is coming home today. Yay! I'm excited that she will be back.
I'm going to go get her shortly. On the way home we are going to the free school supply event. And after that I am stopping by my parents shop to fax that letter to Las Vegas PD.

I hope all of you have a great day! I will be back later.

...Annett
Old 08-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories! I am down a pound today! Yay! Am having a lazy day. Been playing Candy Crush. Lol! Dark and gloomy. Going to rain again today again. I would love to see some sunshine. Forgotten what it looks like.

Annett/ Sounds scary. Glad your daughter is coming home today. I know you miss her terribly.

Hope to hear from Deb today. Prayers are with you and Kenny.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #307

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi peeps. I got up about 7 and didn't allow myself any puter time till now. I reorganized my whole kitchen including my spice cabinet. I must have every spice known to man. Go ahead and name one and see if I have it. Crazy. I also did my coffee cabinet which houses all my sweeteners, drink mixes, teas, etc then moved onto the last circular shelf and did that, did the junk drawer and then did the liquor cabinet. Dh is going to be very impressed. Also cleaned my frig and put away all the clean dishes. I also took ds to the market for tortilla chips that he was wanting. lol I made him go in though cause I didn't shower yet. Even before I started cleaning, I did my week's meal plan. I marinated chicken breast in sesame teriyaki and some Korean short ribs also in an Asian marinade--those for are for the family dinner tomorrow. Then I marinated about 2 lbs of chicken in chimichurri sauce for tonight. What are you all doing today?
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #308

Eliza---congrats on all your exercise. I'm so proud of you. It must really make you feel good. Keep it up.

Annett--wow, that's terrible. I always tear up those credit card offers we get in the mail so no one can use them. That's scary. Glad nothing bad happened to you. What kind of shop do your parent's have?

Jan--good job. I'm happy for your nephew. I want to go on vacation too.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- My goodness! You are a worker!! I'm just lazy I guess! LOL. Packed some more at least this morning. I didn't have much done. Yesterday I cleaned bathrooms; really cleaned; and washed my clothes. Have a load of towels in dryer today but that's it. I do a little each day. I have a tendency to go look at the cabinet with all intentions of cleaning and think, too much work! I'll never get it done and go sit down. Terrible, I know.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Hi All

YAY she is HOME Waaahhooo!

I have to go make lunch but wanted to pop on and say :hi:

Chewie -- Saffron? (you said name a spice LOL). I am impressed with all the cleaning you did. Awesome job!

Eliza - YAY..my first batch of peaches are in the freezer...gotta wait a couple hours before I can bag and then cut up more.
Oh and I didn't realize it til now... there is a DOUBLE LAYER of peaches.... so actually, I have like 60-70 peaches. There were a couple
that were throw aways...but I'd say 98% will be frozen today. YAY

Ya, I'm glad that at this point it looks like nothing but inquiries on my credit....

Well, off to make yummy lunch. I'll be back later on....

>>Annett

Last edited by couponkrazy2011; 08-17-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Just had about 6oz. pan seared chicken on a plate of salad. Love that full fat ranch dressing. Had a muffin with 1 teaspoon coconut oil on top.
BTW- I was down a lb. today. Did I already say that? Maybe I'm just too proud.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Hurraayyyy!!! Every pound counts Jan!!!

I myself have just been stuck in this limbo of the same 5 lbs I keep gaining/losing.
But I am confident this too will pass

I'll be back...

>>Annett
Old 08-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #313

Nope, I have saffron too.

I made a batch of pumpkin spice muffins. Dh loves anything spice flavored but not me. I also had tons of garden tomatoes I needed to use so I have a huge 8 quart pot of fresh sauce simmering on the stove, sure smells good in here.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #314

But now, I'm tired. At least I'm in good shape for tomorrow and the first week of school. Oh, I made a new dip that is phenomenal---it's apricot gorgonzola spread and even has bacon in it. YUMMMMMM I used sf apricot preserves so it's even lc.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie/That sounds wonderful!! What will you dip in it? Veggies? Fruit? I can smell it it sounds so good!!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Pumpkin Spice Muffins? LC?
Old 08-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #317

Chews, everything you cook sounds amazing! You are such a hard worker and accomplish in a day what most of us accomplish in a week. I wish I could do as much as you do at any given time. Watch out for the apricot spread, though, it doesn't seem to be LC even if it is SF. Smuckers SF apricot jam has 5 carbs per Tbsp. It's this high in carbs from all the fructose that naturally occurs in apricots.

I try to stay under 20 carbs per day, so 4 tbsp of it will do me in. And knowing me, I'd probably want to have something like 15 tbsp.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 08-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #318

Hi Annett, Jan, Chews Wonder where Deb is.

I'm done with my 10 K steps, will probably put in another 1K by the end of the day. Did my weekly grocery shopping this morning, so tomorrow is just cleaning and laundry day. About to go make some Buffalo wings for dinner.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #319

Jan, congrats on the lb. lost!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Hiya ladies!! Looks like a few of you are just busy little bees! I have been struggling with food/cravings the past 3 days...I have a cold and TOM is arriving soon....while not eating off plan...I have been overeating resulting in more carbs and calories the usual!! I need to stop this insanity!! I'm scared to look at the scale tomorrow...lol....was up 1/2 lb this morning.....Ok sorry for rambling....just had to get that off my chest!!

WTG Jann....you are melting away!!

Chewie: sounds like you are having a productive day!!

Eliza: What do you do to get in your 10000 steps?
Old 08-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Michelle... we all hope you feel better fast!

Deb...i hope everything is ok....

Eliza...yay again on the 10k steps...that's awesome!

So frustrated. We got the free school supplies today. The backpack was nice and they got a handful of supplies. My dd5 was trying to organize it, got mad and destroyed her crayons, pencils...basically anything she could break. and she fell asleep after her horrible fit. The original supplies weren't what was on the list either except for a couple things, so I still have to get school supplies for both my girls. I guess its the thought that counts. I guess the way they told me about it..they said that they used the schools supply list to build each kit, so they would have exactly what they need, ....but both kits was no where near that...so I don't know. That's ok. We will use what was given and I'll try to coupon for the rest. I just don't have much to work with and I don't get paid again til after school starts.

Anyway...off to make dinnerr...

I'll be back.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #322

Hi Michele,
Hope TOM leaves and takes all the cravings with it. Chromium picolinate has been really good to me in killing cravings. Especially if I have happened to have fallen of the wagon and try to get back on induction.

To get 10,000 steps I do a number of different things:
~ I put my FitBit on the minute I wake up because puttering about the house still gives you some steps.

~ I try to extend my shopping trips and walk back and forth throughout the store a few times so I can clock in more steps. A trip to Walmart today netted me a bit over 2,000 steps. If it hadn't become too crowded, I would've stayed longer. A mall trip with just browsing around gives me about 3-4 K steps.

~ I learned to park farther away from stores and places I go to.

~ Going to work and going about my daily duties nets me about 4,000 steps (I'm a teacher and work on a big campus where things are spread out). I'm now planning to park at the farthest parking lot and take a full circle around the building after we dismiss the kids instead of parking closer to the building and taking a shortcut.

~ At home, I have a treadmill and walk on it. I also have a long hallway running between our front and back doors. I call it my "dog run". It's 30 steps each way, and I consider going the length twice a lap. I count laps. Sometimes I do 10 laps, sometimes 30 or 50, depending how I feel. The best part about walking laps is that I don't need special clothing or footwear like I do when I get on the treadmill. I can just get up and walk. Plus, I have the TV on on one end of my dog run, so instead of sitting on the couch watching, i walk and watch, I can still hear everything all the way down on the other end. I sometimes also listen to audiobooks on my mp3 player. I borrow/download these for free from my local library's digital service.

~ Outdoor walking is great but I live in TX and it's been in the high 90s -100s for the past 4 months, so I can't go outside, but I'm planning to start as soon as we get into the 80s. There is a nearby park with trails.

~ My FitBit connects to their website and automatically downloads updates on steps, miles, calories burned, and very active minutes, which also helps keep me motivated.

Sorry, this is too long but this is the first time in my life that I have been successful at moving/exercising for an extended period of time, actually, daily since July 8th. I owe that I think to abandoning the notion that "working out" means jumping and running yourself to death, that exercise should be painful and unpleasant to work. I realized that I can walk in short spurts and reach my goal. I agree with Mark Sisson that we need to move continuously at a slow pace, and that's what I do. I have lots more stamina and a more positive outlook, like there is hope for me. I was a notorious couch potato, would spend days and weekends sitting on the couch and reading, or at the computer. Well, with all the walking, I have no time for that. And now, if I sit too long, I start feeling strange and anxious, like I need to get up and move. The power of habit, I guess.

I will post a couple of excerpts from articles I read supported by research that got me moving.

Again, sorry about the looooooooong missive, hope it wasn't too boring. Hope this was helpful. If you have any more questions, do let me know.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 08-17-2013 at 05:53 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #323

Annett, I'm sorry you didn't get what you needed. In this economy, charities are also struggling, so they are doing the best they can.

I would talk to both your girls' teachers and let them know the kids will be a bit late with the supplies. If you explain the situation, I'm sure they will have no issue with the delay.

I buy a lot of extra notebooks and stuff for my students and I usually get them from Walfarts. At this time of year, their one-subject notebooks are a usually 10 cents each, writing paper is 89 cents a pack, etc. I don't know what is on your supplies lists, but all kiddos usually need to get them started are notebooks and pencils. I'm sure the teacher can wait for stuff like folders, binders, glue, scissors, tissue, etc.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 08-17-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Eliza : you are doing great!! I usually average 5000-6000 steps just with my daily routine....I try to park further away at stores too...it's amazing how much you really have to move to get in those 10000 steps!! I can't wait or Fall...I prefer 50-60's to walk outside...lol....I don't have a treadmill...no real place to put one

As far as the cravings and food thing....eating feels good on my throat!! This too shall pass...
Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #325

This is from the article by Tom Nikkola titled How Moving More May Save Your Life:

Quote:
How bad is sitting?

Growing evidence suggests that inactivity is a cause of obesity, insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, type 2 diabetes, hypertension and other metabolic diseases. This is the case even for those who meet general exercise guidelines, meaning exercising for an hour 3-5 times per week may not offset the negative health effects of being sedentary the rest of the day. In addition, sitting or being sedentary appears to still cause these issues when individuals follow a good nutrition plan.

Decreased Insulin Sensitivity
Just one day of sitting has been shown to result in a 39% reduction in insulin action, which means the body must produce more insulin than normal to keep blood sugar levels steady. As insulin levels rise, the storage of fat increases and reliance on carbohydrate increases. As the body becomes more of a sugar-burner, triglycerides also increase. Without activity, the body isn’t able to clear triglycerides from the blood as well. Since the muscular system is not challenged with movement, it has no use for the triglycerides floating around in the blood stream.[2]

Altering of Genes
Bed rest studies closely resemble the levels of activity in those who are sedentary. Bed rest has been shown to alter more than 4500 genes and 34 metabolic pathways that determine how well the body’s cells function! To me, this was one of the most amazing statistics in the dozen research articles I read for this blog post. 4500 genes get altered by being sedentary! If genetics play a role in our health, it may very well be a result of what we do to our genes, not what our genes do to us.

Increased Abdominal Fat
Abdominal fat, or visceral fat, increases with inactivity, even when calorie intake is controlled, showing that fat can accumulate outside the “calorie balance” paradigm. It appears this increase in fat mass takes place as a result of increased fat cell numbers rather than increased fat cell size. This also tells us that good nutrition alone may not prevent the development of inflammatory belly fat.

Decreased Fat Burning | Increased Carbohydrate Burning
Fuel utilization shifts to carbohydrates while at rest rather than fat. This also takes place even if calorie intake is limited. Though low-intensity activity like long-duration cardio favors fat utilization, inactivity or being sedentary shifts the body away from using fat and toward the use of carbohydrate, likely as a result of rising insulin levels.

Defying the Logic of Calories In, Calories Out
Rats can voluntarily run up to 20 km per day when provided a wheel to run on. When the wheel is locked, preventing them from running, they see a dramatic increase in fat storage in just 3-4 days. Calories in, calories out advocates would be quick to suggest the fat gain is a result of the rats continuing to eat the same volume of food while significantly reducing their activity levels, resulting in an excessive energy balance. Interestingly, researchers also looked at the effects of limiting rats activity level and then reduced their food intake at the same time to eliminate the chance they’d eat too much. The results in fat gain were exactly the same! It’s another example of why fat loss and fat gain is not just a result of calorie balance, but is more a result of the body’s hormonal environment and how it affects the ability to manage fat and carbohydrate.

A similar study was done on healthy young men. These men averaged at least 10,000 steps per day prior to their study, and then had their activity level reduced to just 1500 steps per day for two weeks. The men lost body weight, so they weren’t eating excessive amounts of food. However, they experienced an average 7% increase in visceral fat, a reduction in insulin sensitivity and they responded worse to glucose and fat tolerance tests. Cardiovascular function (VO2 Max) was also reduced by 7% and leg muscle mass was reduced by 2.8%. Again, these changes occurred in just two weeks! Imagine the impact a new job with a lot of desk time has over a period of months. It’s no wonder so many white collar workers experience such dramatic changes in the condition of their bodies.

As the study authors explained, “Reduced insulin sensitivity leads to larger insulin responses and in some cases larger glucose responses after every meal. Insulin promotes lipid synthesis (fat storage), and therefore, elevated insulin responses following each meal could promote greater fat deposition in adipose.” The bottom line is, people don’t become fatter because they’re burning fewer calories by being sedentary. They get fatter because they actually change, or disrupt, the health of their metabolism.[3]

Movement is not Exercise

Those who are avid fitness enthusiasts may assume that moving more means “exercising” more. In fact, those who exercise more tend to spend more time sitting the rest of their day than those who don’t exercise. Think of exercise as what you do for an hour to optimize your health. Movement is what you do throughout the day just to maintain basic metabolic health.

Movement can be an easy walk following a meal, which has been shown to reduce glucose levels following a meal. Lower glucose levels mean improved fat burning. Researchers found that by having people walk for just 15 minutes following a meal, it reduced the glucose effects the meal. The study participants weren’t moving too fast during the 15 minutes, either.[4]

Exercise is a planned, focused, higher-intensity period of activity. For most people, it occupies an hour of their time three to five days per week. Movement occurs during the remaining 23 hours of the day that aren’t taken up with sleep. As I wrote about previously, I didn’t realize how little I moved myself until I started measuring it. It was a great wake-up call for me even though I don’t miss more than a workout or two each year.
Measuring Movement

Outside of exercise, the most common way we move is by walking. Counting steps is the most universal way of measuring movement, and a variety of pedometers and activity monitors help to measure the number of steps individuals take each day. Researchers have identified general levels of activity according to the table below.[5]

Walking 10,000 steps per day has been shown to be an effective means of reducing blood pressure. However, those most likely to be impacted by high blood pressure fall quite short of the 10,000 step per day target. Adults 65 and older averaged just 6565 steps per day, putting them at a “low active” level of activity.

Women exceeding 7500 steps/day had a 50% less chance of depression than those taking less than 5000 steps per day. Men who exceeded 12,500 steps had a 50% less chance of developing depression than those at less than 5000 steps per day.[6]

If you remember from the beginning of the article, our perception of how active we are is quite different than our reality. The best way to know you’re getting in enough steps is to wear an activity monitor, at least until your habits change. Studies using 10,000 steps per day as a target, and using an activity monitor to track daily steps, have been the most effective means of increasing activity levels of participants. We chose to offer Fitbits at Life Time for a variety of reasons I won’t go into right now. If you choose to use something else, just make sure you understand the goal is to change your habits throughout the day, not just hit a 10,000 step target through a fast-paced run at the beginning or end of your day.
Step it Up

Achieving 10,000 steps for the day may not be as glamorous as beating your best 10k time, achieving a new personal record on the deadlift or keeping up with your favorite group fitness instructor, but it’s a daily achievement that can have a long-lasting impact. The key is that it must be done daily. You can’t save it up and hit 30,000 steps by spending a Saturday afternoon walking on the treadmill. At this point, there doesn’t seem to be a significant benefit in trying to significantly exceed that number either. 10,000 steps seems to be the target that has the most health benefits for the most people. If you’re up for the challenge, join our Life Time Weight Loss Fitbit group and try to keep your daily average above 10,000 steps.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #326

Michele, thanks I'm trying. After I read the article above, I was determined to get those 10 K steps in.

If you are already netting 5-6 K steps per day, you are most of the way there. another small push and you will be in the 8K range. I can't wait for cooler temps, too. Anything in the 80s would suit me fine, will be a big cool down from what we have now.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #327

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
sorry to have been gone soo long guys CRAZY CRAZY ugh Ken ended up having to go back friday to the doc again for a tens unit they didn't give him wednesday
his numbers are all off the charts BP was crazy high and the doctor said diabetes too! BUT he wouldn't give him meds just UGH diet and you know they siad low fat and whole wheat OMG he did give him more pain meds and the tens unit that the nurse forgot to give us wednesday
soo wednesday knoxville to doc Thursday to EKU friday back to doc today we went back to EKU and steven thought he had time to visit. kenny and Ashley went with us and ended up he had about 5 minutes and then mandatory activities the rest of the afternoon we took my old printer up to him and got me another one i hated that printer anyways LOL(wasn't free for him to print there it is 10cents a sheet! he had me print off something this morning to bring to him)
AND both days up there we forgot to leave his quarters and he called when we got home this evenin his debit card would not work the washers his EKU card doesn't have any cash on it and he only had 2 bucks in bills and no change!
AND i have to call the bank Monday he tried to use his debit card to order pizza online and it said since it wasn't a credit card it wouldn't take it UGH i thought they all functioned as debit /credit cards
LOL i am going to get one of those small boxes at the post office one price if it fits it ships???? and mail him a roll of quarters plus the coupons he left in the van today because he thought he would be coming back to see us after the one meeting he knew about
i am exhausted OH and i forgot! yesterday morning got stung on my eye trying to get rid of a wasps nest on the back porch, it swelled up and i couldn't see for half the day and tried my hand at weedeating too and i am no good at it and it made a vein pop in my hand my whole palm is purple
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 08-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #328

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Hey All

So little DD5 talked to her dad for the first time since he ended our relationship. (wow 2 mo ago now) Sounded like she had a good talk. Then she asked if he wanted to talk to me and he said yes... Abby pointed her finger in the air and said "Ok Daddy but you better be nice to my mommy. And you can't call her babe anymore because you broke up with her...so don't do that. You are not allowed. You have to be nice to my Mommy" (imagine a squeaky 5 yr old saying that LOL)

It was just too cute! And hey!!!! I did not break down in tears when he talked to me afterward...I kept it all together waaahoooo!!!

Deb --- I don't know. That just seems very frustrating. We teach our kids to accept all people the way they are.... so why should they be forced to answer such questions? Does it matter? I would NOT want my children answering that when they go to college. What does it matter?? And what if someone has a different sexual orientation (is that worded right?)... Personally I don't care about peoples preference but I will say, I do not understand people who prefer the same sex. But just because I don't understand it does make it "wrong"? I don't think so. I think it just means I just don't understand. My female boss has a female wife (? is that right??). ....I don't understand it but don't consider it wrong - just different. Or does no having sex or the fact that hey have had sex make them "bad?" or "good"??? NO. Other students don't need to know this.... Its none of their business. I'd be calling. Its inappropriate to ask that of students...even if they are in college.

Anyway. I am tired - so I hope I got my point across and I hope it sounded right.

But here is one great thing: Your son trusts you enough to tell you all this....

I would NEVER EVER talk to my Mom about ANY of that. No way... nope.

Well, good night my friends. I hope I made sense there.....

See you tommorrow

oh yeah i really think it was divisive too and thanks about him trusting me i always told both boys they could tell me anything i might get mad or whatever but we can talk it out and they will always be my baby KWIM? and especially about biological functions always answered every question they had as truthfully as possible and helped them look up the answers if i didn't know them
just talked to Steven for half an hour on the phone WOW he is so tired and ready for a rest and needed to talk to me WOW! just a bad day today hopefully tomorrow will be better for him and classes start Monday EEK!!
Ken is completely OUT of his muscle relaxers since yesterday morning so he is really having a hard time this evening IDK anymore his doc ordered them for 90 days and the pharmacy kept sending just 15 days and we would have to call the doc again each time the doctor is looking into why they wouldn't send a 90 day supply or even a month at a time with refills ya know?
i need to get some sleep too but i really do not know if i can just soo full of worry eye is better though LOL
Old 08-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #329

Deb,

Many good thoughts to Ken for recovery, for the BP to go down. Glad he has you who knows what to feed a diabetic, can't believe they suggest low fat and wheat and carbs It's like we are still in the Dark Ages of nutrition or something.... Do you have Dr. Bernstein's book about Diabetes and nutritional approaches to handle it? I loaned a copy of it to my SIL and if she hasn't lost it I can get it back and mail it to you. Ken will probably be on pretty strict LC.

Apart from laundry challenges, how is Steven liking college? Have classes started yet?

My friend, hang in there, hope your hand heals soon. Has your eye swelling gone down?

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 08-17-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Soooooo glad to hear from you, Deb!! Missed you bunches! Sorry about your eye; as if you needed another hassle! Glad it's getting better. Yes, quarters. My DD has to have them for her apt. building wash room. We are always giving them to her. You'd be surprised how many it takes.
So sorry about Ken! Eliza is right; at least you know how to feed him correctly for diabetes. Maybe he can rid his body of it since it's a new diagnosis and he will be eating well right away. It happened for me so there's hope! You are such a good Mom. It shows with your DS being able to talk to you about everything! Count your blessings for having a good son too!!

Eliza- Thanks for all the info on walking. I need to get serious and really try harder. I don't know about 10000 but I could do better than I am doing. I forgot to put the FitBit on today. I'm close to a mile each day now but I know I should do more.

Good Night friends!! Talk to you all tomorrow!
Closed Thread