Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Congrats to all you Losers out there !! Not sure where my weight will land after TOM leaves in a few days...this morning 274.2 ....I will be happy to just stay in the 270's when all is said and done
Well off to do a little Geocaching!

Have a great day!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I am now in Charleston, SC and enjoying my time with two old friends. I lived here when I went to college and stayed about 12 years so it feels comfortable to me although parts have changed a lot. Been doing fairly well with food although I have eaten a bit over my normal carb limit the last two days. It is much harder to plan when you go out to eat at unfamiliar places. But all in all I am not overeating and for me this is a big success. Having my kitchen and bath scales with me has also been such a help.

Michele- I hope the letter helps the neighbor understand how loud her kids are. Great job on all the steps at the fair. Fingers crossed for you you come out of TOM with a loss. Yup, when I whine about only losing one or two pounds I look at a pound of butter and then it really hits home the bulk weight that it is.

Jan- Congrats on the 20lb loss!!! I had no idea about the baby carrots either, thanks for the info.

Mary- You have done so well with your walking the last few months I was surprised to see that you were a chronic non-exercizer before. Do you feel like it is becoming habit now?

Welcome Jossy!

Jazlyn- It is funny how sometimes it takes forever to fit into a pair of jeans and then suddenly they fit. I love the surprise every single time!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie: Glad you are enjoying your vacation!

Things are about the same here....Went geocaching yesterday and hiked a trail around the lake....3 miles!! Wooohooo....just wish I would have brought more water with me...lesson learned! Shows a person just how much you have to walk to get in 10,000 steps...that 3 miles was just over 8000!
Not doing much today...cleaned house, washing clothes and bedding. DH had to work today at noon which is a bummer because Sundays are usually the only day we have off together unless we both ask for a specific day off.

Have a great day!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Frankie, I have made a concerted effort in the last 9 months to try to move more. I tried the Go,d's gym thing for a few months, then winter came and I never went back. Maybe in the fall. I would cancel it but I get 20% off my hair styling each month because I am a member so that amounts to the cost of the membership.

Right now we are getting tons of mail because of all the trips to the hospital. I don't even want to open them. Does anyone else have a phobia to the US Mail.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about the gastric sleeve. Someone I know is thinking about it. Is it a good idea?

MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
WTG Karai! Every lb. counts. I always imagine just how many I would have gained if not doing this WOE. Frankie had a good idea. Go pick up a pound of butter when you lose a lb. I think that was Frankie. LOL
Jan, thanks for the kudos! LOL about the butter. I keep in my mind the wagon of fat that Oprah Winfrey had on one of her older shows (when she was weight conscious). I was amazed at how 30 lbs of fat looked. It was icky to see, but eye opening.

Karai
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jossy
Stats: 250/244/150
WOE: Low Sugar/Lower Carb - My way!
Start Date: July 22 2013
Not going to weigh for a few days but hopefully at the end of the week when I do I see good results
Jossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
I'm not weighing till Friday. I saw that show. Yucky!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I may have to stop visiting here for a while and just wanted you all to know that I will be thinking of you. I am on here too much. It is almost like a new addiction and I have to find balance in my life when it comes to this social media site.

Hopefully, I will be back for the end of summer.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Mary- Everything in moderation. I had to rein myself in at first. Now, I check in most mornings and try to come back at night but not always. We have to learn to control everything in life!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Mary, check back when you can. I will miss your posts.

I was down 2 lbs and then up 2 lbs last week. At least I didn't gain.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

I so understand Jazlyn!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Everyone
Mary: check in when you can

Not much going on here....Have some tummy/constipation issues which really stinks......I have to take a day or two here and eat more fiber which will end up being more carbs but thats ok...as long as i dont go Carb Wild I should be fine...I dont like feeling like this and laxatives just plain suck! I do take 500mg of magnesium daily but not even that is working this time. My lower back hurts and i feel so bloated. Other then that all is well here :P
Have a great evening!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been stressing a bit today as I finally broke down and called my mom to let her know I was in the area and would come visit her. Now she insists coming to where I am and this is not they way I planned a quick visit. I can only tolerate a short visit and now I feel obligated to spend more time than I want with her and she is a very difficult person. I feel the stress and wanted to stuff my face all day. I did fairly well but made a few less than stellar food selections today. My main focus tomorrow will be to not overeat and focus on protein and fat. Friday will be a white knuckle day for sure.

Michele- I have issues too and have to take a stool softener each day which does help. I take magnesium but don't really know if it helps or not. I sometimes feel like a really old person when I exclaim gleefully to my BF that I finally had a bowel movement.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Frankie, good luck with your mom. I'm the opposite. I can't eat when I'm stressed. Unfortunately I'm on so much Xanax, nothing bothers me. lol
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovemyfamily
Stats: 295/291/120
Start Date: reinduct 01/14/2012
Hello everyone. I'm Lurking a little today. I like this challenge and would love to join you all. I don't have much to post today. I have to go to work at 2pm and have some things to do--laundry, dishes, vacuum etc. I'm not low carbing today--but tomorrow I am heading to the store and will start tomorrow--well honestly--on Saturday. Was talking with a friend yesterday who was just diagnosed with PCOS. I was telling her how wonderful low carbs did me when I was trying to conceive and how it was the only way I was ever able to lose weight. Talking to her got me motivated to jump back on the wagon. I feel off the wagon and hard, several years ago--when my boys were all teenagers. They are 20, 21 and 22 now, and don't live at home. You know teenagers eat a lot of carbs and the carbs were always around and I just let myself go--sigh. But I am in control and there is no reason I have to continue to be overweight and denying myself the right to live my life and share my life with my family. Last year we went to six flags and I tried to get on a roller coaster and yep--couldn't fit. I was so embarrassed --especially in front of my husband--who never ever ever complains about my weight. He is actually so wonderful and always tells me I'm beautiful. My plan is to ride that roller coaster with my daughter, who is 12, next year. Also to do so many other things. Sometimes I get in a car and I worry about the seat belt fitting me---sometimes they don't--so now my life is in jeopardy and it's embarrassing because everyone sees me try to put it on--but no won't fit. Sigh, yes but that was the past-- a new future in store. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!!!!
lovemyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

lovemy- Trust me; we have all been through the same embarrassments. Glad to have you!!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

lovemyfamily!!

everyone....feeling much better today so far! Taking this one day to fiber up and get things moving again

Frankie: glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue I hope your visit with your Mom goes well!

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already....where did the week go?? Anybody have plans for the weekend? DH and I are going to his sisters lake cabin and do some fishing and maybe tan up my arms and legs

Well time to throw a chicken breast and some broccoli in the oven

Have a great evening!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Aww thanks Jan. I glad to be here!

Michele thank you for the welcome! I am so happy you are feeling better today and that things are moving. This weekend I will be working. I work every Saturday and Sunday from 7pm to 7am. My weekend is during the week. I also work an 8 hr evening shift every other Thursday--thus why I am up now.

Getting ready to go to bed. I'll try to post tomorrow. I have a busy day--shopping, paying bills, and I have to pull my mom's car back to her. She lives in a town 30 mins away. Well, my husband will pull the car with our truck, but I will ride along. Have a wonderful night. Sleep good and rest well.

Christina

Last edited by lovemyfamily; 08-01-2013 at 11:35 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie- I've been thinking of you this morning. I don't know when your visit is but have said a prayer for you!
Christina- You must be a nurse...those hours sound familiar. I have nurses in family and friends.
Michele- Glad you're feeling better. I hate that bloated feeling when things aren't moving along!!LOL
Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Hi, folks.
I just came back recently. I've lost 12 so far since the end of June and saw this challenge and thought I'd jump in for some support and to remind myself to post a little. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Hi quiet! You really are quiet aren't you??!! LOL Tell us about yourself, please. A lot of us talk on 300 Thread too.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, quiet, 12 lbs. already!!! That is awesome!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Jan, you are insightful and yes, I am a nurse. I work in cardiac surgery.

Quiet--Welcome and congratulations on the 12 lbs, that is awesome!!!!

I am new on here too. Told a little bit about myself but I have been busy. I am married. I have 3 boys who are grown. None of my boys live at home. The are 21, 22, and 23 yrs old now. I have a 12 yr old daughter who is going into the the 7th grade. I home school her and have home schooled her since the 2nd grade. She is super smart and the schools in this area are less than desirable. I work weekends (Saturday and Sunday) I have been a RN for 17 yrs and I first low carbed in 2000. It was easy and I was successful. I have PCOS and low carbing is what allowed me to have my daughter. I made it a way of life for few years and maintained the weight loss--even through pregnancy. I gained it all back when my boys became teenagers--once they were 14, 15, 16 I really started putting the weight back on. I ate what the teenagers ate--now I need to start over. Its okay, Its just life. I learned a lesson and looking forward to watching the weight come off again. Have a great evening everyone!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

love- How are you today? I also did LC once before. I lost about 110 lbs about 9 years ago. Went back to old way of eating and gained it back! Yuck! Here again and know that I will have to continue this WOE for my health!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

hello everybody! I'm back from the lake cabin and a free for all food fest that resulted in in a 6 lb gain!!! Ugh!! That was so not worth it!! Glad I got that out of my system ...having 2 eggs fried in coconut oil for breakfast this morning...today will be a strict LC day with no Atkins bars or sf candy I probably sabotaged myself into making my goal for this challenge though....that makes me feel really bad but it's over and now I face the consequences!

How is everyone else doing???
Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Just found out from Eliza that CO was upsetting my stomach. I was trying to get 2 tablespoons in each day. Stopping it and may add gradually later. For now, no!! LOL
Michele- Why do we think it's going to be so good and then it's not every time.?? I know how you feel. Like you said, not worth it.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Where's quiet and love?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Sorry all--worked the weekend and slept about 5 hrs today. Hope to be in bed by 11pm tonight--trying to get my "normal" sleep schedule back up and running for the week.

Jan--I understand putting weight back on--so discouraging. But we know how to take it off--so here I go again.

Michele --sorry about the 6 lbs gain and welcome back from the cabin--I hope you had a good time. I have heard some things about the coconut oil and am going to check out the link on your post.

Still not low carbing ladies--but will be VERY soon. Need to make it to the store to get things ready--weeding the house out of all the garbage now.

Even though I slept 5 hrs today, I'm still quite tired. No smilies or jumpies today, but wanted to give a quick post--looking so forward to taking this weight off!!!! Am going to pull out my old Atkins book and read it again too. Have a great evening!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning lovely ladies!!! Jumped back on the LC wagon yesterday...took a water pill and viola 4.4 of the 6 lbs gone Its going to be a good day

Jann: I guess you know what works if you are ever constipated

Have a great day!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all. I am back from my road trip. I did pretty good with food although I definitely ate more and differently than I do at home with eating out quite a bit. The day I spent with my mom was actually a big surprise for me as there were no criticisms at all, zero, nada. This has NEVER happened before. So it was actually nice to catch up with her after 12 years. I am home for a few days this week and then my BF and I are off to Mexico City for a week. This will be even more of a food challenge since he grew up there and wants to try everything he used to eat. My strategy is to try tastes of food but really limit the quantity.

Michelle- I am glad you got right back on plan. The next couple of days will be hard with cravings but you'll get through it. I also found out in hindsight that it really isn't worth going on a carbfest.

Quiet- Welcome and congrats on your 12lb loss so far.

Jan- Why were you adding the CO to your diet?

Love- You'll be thrilled with your loss over the next year. I started at 325 and now can do most things I want that are physical that I would never have thought about before. As a nurse you'll feel so much better being lighter especially with all the walking and standing on your feet you have to do. Good luck on your journey!
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote