Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Hello everyone....Just not having a "happy day" today...we have lived in this same apartment for almost 13 yrs and now we have people above us that are just so noisy...it depresses me...I so want a house but we just have too much other debt that they won't give us a loan...Our credit score is great but our debt ratio is a little too high for the bankers....Bummer!! Now before I restarted Atkins I would have just drowned my sorrows in doughnuts, chocolate, cookies, etc....but not today!! This too shall pass

Have a great evening everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
I am back to work and realize I am not cut out to be a nurse. I don't have the patience ir empathy for it. DH seems to be depressed. He has some small exercises to do twice a day. I come home tonight and he hadn't done any, he hadn't left the house, nor walked down the street. It is weird. So unlike him. I realize he is recovering from major surgery but it has been a month today. The drain is still draining guck. The nurse came today and the pt comes tomorrow. They alternate days. He is supposed to take his pills before he eats but when I came home tonight p, he had eaten but not taken his pills. I have to trust in God it will all work out for the greater good.

Jan, carrots in their raw state aren't too bad, but I wouldn't suggest juicing early on. You would lose a lot with the pulp & fiber. It breaks it down so your stomach doesn't have to work so hard. When you make a salad, throw different colors into it. A bit of carrot, lettuce, summer squash, cucumber, zucchini, mushrooms, purple onion, tomatoes (orange & red), green pepper, purple cabbage, broccoli. Pick and choose. I remember blending raws when I was sick so that I could still get my raws each day. I have tested the waters with cooked and raw. I eat more raw now than cooked because the other way around and my weight loss stalled.

Sometimes, Michelle, I think you are better off with a rental. You don't have the maintenance of the property, nor the taxes, and you can move without worrying about the value of the house. Right now we are trying to refinance so we can use the extra to do some maintenance that is long overdue. You are right, it's not worth eating over it.

Karai, you are smart not to use the scale as your measurement. Sounds like you have a better gauge.

Alassea & Frankie, I wish I could eat avocado. I have tried it twice in my life and both times felt like I was stricken with food poisoning. No one else got sick. I don't want to repeat that one.

Frankie, lobsters are &4.99 a lb in NH this week. But I am the only one who likes it. So we get it maybe once a year. We are lucky to live so close to the fisherman.

Jazzlyn, Way to go on the exercise! I am walking each day and shoot for 7k to 8k a day on average. Some days it is difficult.

Have a good week everyone!

MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

I just have to share this...it really hit home with me....I was watching Bear Grylls Get Out Alive and he said something that relates to more then just survival..." When you think you have dug as deep as you can...dig a little deeper"
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Michele, I'm sorry you are having a rough time with your neighbors. We have some guys who play in a band next door and it drives me insane when they practice. I feel for you.

Mary, I hope your husband can snap out of it. It's hard to do anything when you aren't feeling good but he won't feel better unless he does what he has to do. I guess I don't need to tell you that. Sending good thoughts that things get better soon.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I am having a really good time in Savannah this week. Going to go back to the beach today. I met up with some old friends for dinner last night and they didn't recognize me. We had such a good time it mades me want to move back here. I am staying on plan (eating lots of fresh local shrimp) and the scale is still moving down very slowly which I am happy about since I usually don't lose or even gain when I travel.

Michele- Oh, I hate noisy neighbors. Have you considered talking to them? I had to do that one time and the guy was super nice about it. People are also more considerate if they get to know you. They may not have a clue that the noise travels to you apartment.

Mary- It really is hard caring for someone. Depression is a real possibility after a major surgery and hospitalizations. You might need to call him during the day just to remind him to take the pills or set a timer on his cell phone for him. Maybe see if he will get up and walk with you after dinner each night? Tell him you need it and would really like his company. Keep up caring for yourself and don't let the stress get to you down.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
True, Karai. I was so excited when I got to pull my seat up a notch toward steering wheel that I called my sister to tell her! Hahaha
I have a juicer. Aren't carrots too carby? IDK anymore!
Hi Jan, my clothes are fitting a lot looser too. I have a pair of pants on today that used to be super tight in the thighs. Not anymore! I was able to get into my car comfortably without feeling like my thighs were in straight jackets.

Yep, the carrots are carby. I use a few baby carrots in the cocktail to cut some of the more dirt-like tastes (especially with beets).

Karai
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mary, my prayers for your husband's healing goes out to him.

My FIL had bypass surgery a couple of years ago. He went through a period of depression. His doctor believed in supplementation to heal the body. He prescribed OTC supplements such as CoQ10 enzymes, chelated magnesium, B-vitamins, fish oil, etc. because he said after a major surgery, the body is usually deficient in vitamins and nutrients, which also affected my FIL's mental state. He was forgetful, melancholy and sometimes irritable. In addition to his meds, we made sure that he ate his meals, drank plenty of fluids, and took his supplements. It wasn't long until he was back to himself. Oh yeah, DH bought a juice extractor and MIL made him heart healthy juices every morning. YMMV per person, but I thought I'd share his experience.

Karai
Old 07-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone! I emailed the rental service and they are going to send out a letter to her....She has 2 little girls that are always jumping and running...this goes on for hours and as late as 11 pm sometimes..I couldn't tell the difference between them and the loud thunder the other night!!! On a good note....the scale was nice to me this morning 277.6 YES!!!!!

Mary: Hoping your DH feels better soon.

Frankie: Sounds like you are having a fabulous time and still losing weight doing it! Congrats!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, everyone, for the thoughts and prayers. He did his exercises today. But we still need to work on the meds. I think I have some coq10 in the house. I will look for the other stuff. It can't hurt, right?

We are going through a real busy period at work so by Aug 1st, I will be wiped out due to the extra hours next week. I think I will set an alarm on his cell phone. He doesn't use it a whole lot, but I could put it on the table where he sits and it will ring at least. May e that will be a reminder. Good idea, Frankie. Savannah sounds heavenly. It is the backdrop for loads of romance novels.

Food is ok. I love my own cooking. That is my main focus before everything else. If I am fed with good food, I can do anything.

The appraiser is coming next Monday for a refi. We want to lower the interest rate and fix up a few things. Keep your fingers crossed. I won't be here for it, just DH. It is in God's hands.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Mary- Sounds like you have a good plan for DH now. Frankie is great with ideas! I think the cooked stalls me too. Maybe the natural sugars??
Frankie- Glad you are enjoying Savannah! I love it too. I live south of Atlanta and know what a fun place it is. I am loving the Fit Bit. I will be as generous as you when the time comes. Pay it forward!!
Karai- Just a suggestion. I read that baby carrots are cut from the not perfectly shaped carrots which in its self is OK. However, the baby carrots are all perfectly shaped and are peeled if you notice. They are then dipped in chlorine to preserve. When they get a little older you will notice the white covering. This is the chlorine. I don't eat them anymore. I have used them for party trays and snacks at home for years but have quit buying them now. You might want to research it.

I was down 1/2 lb. today and will be on my own today and tonight as DH is out of town. Alone time is good occasionally!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Michele- Glad you got some help with the noisy neighbors. We don't want them disturbing your beauty rest and sleep calorie burning! (Not that you need beauty rest. You look beautiful in your pic. and so does kitty!)
Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Jan: you are so sweet!!! WTG on the loss! Hope you enjoy your alone time.

Scale was down again today...273.6 but I had taken a diuretic to ward off the pre TOM fluid I always gain...with any luck I'll at least stay in the 270's when it starts to come back DH and I are going to the State Fair tomorrow...We have not been to it in Nearly 13 yrs...It will be the first time without a kid in tow
Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! That'll be fun and all that walking will be good exercise, too. You started about where I did. May 27th was 321. Today was 301. Finally 20 lbs. Sure does come off slower the older you get so you young girls take heed. LOL
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jossy
Stats: 250/244/150
WOE: Low Sugar/Lower Carb - My way!
Start Date: July 22 2013
Hi - I'm new! I will join this challenge My goal(s) for end of summer include losing 15 pounds and fitting comfortably into my size 16s. I am already -5 since I started this a few days ago but not going to include that into my goal total...I'm gunnin for another 15
Jossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Jossy!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Thank you
Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Jossy!

I am so overwhelmed. I have to help my mom paint a room before her carpet comes and we have a house guest staying here in 2 days so I need to DEEP clean. I really should have gotten to the gym early this morning. I'm sitting here debating on going before I start with what I have to do. I guess if I'd get off of the computer I would get a lot more done.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

everyone! Had a nice time at the State Fair.....I walked over 13,000 steps!! My legs were tired by the time I got home...scale is up a bit this morning as I knew it would be because we didn't eat supper until nearly 9 pm and all that walking and not enough water! Well off to work now...have a great day
Old 07-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Great Michele! 13,000 steps is amazing!

Bless you Jossy! Sounds like a lot of work.

My scale stayed the same today. Still(barely) in Twoterville!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning

I'm still squeezing into my 16's. Hopefully 18 is just a memory. It's funny how sometimes it only takes a pound or two to make clothes fit better.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Jan, thanks for sharing that information about the baby carrots. Yes, I have noticed the white residue on them. I wonder if they use chlorine with the organic carrots. It is worth researching...fortunately, I don't eat a lot of them.

Congrats to all of the losers!!!

I'm a loser too. I met my 2nd goal by losing 5.7 lbs. That makes 25 lbs...a ton to go.

Karai
Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Karai! Every lb. counts. I always imagine just how many I would have gained if not doing this WOE. Frankie had a good idea. Go pick up a pound of butter when you lose a lb. I think that was Frankie. LOL
Old 07-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Haven't weighed today but yesterday was still sitting at 245 started at 250.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Jan: Welcome to twoterville!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much, Michele. It will take a herd of wild horses to drag me out!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello everyone,

Looking forward to the weekend. My DD came for a visit Thursday anf just left a few minutes ago as she had to be at work and lives a couple hours away. We hadn't seen her in a couple months.

Weekends is when I usually cook up something for the week. I have some chicken keft from last week so will be bagging it up in 4 oz servings for the freezer. It comes in handy when I don't have time in the morning. Then I do a vegetable dish or two. Last week it was eggplant, portobellos, onions & spaghetti sauce...one of my favorites. I think this week, I will do spaghetti squash and maybe a stir fry of zucchini, carrot and summer squash...so colorful and appetizing. Then I have to buy salad fixings.

This week I have to pack up Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as I have 3 days of 12 hour days at work...the last 3 days of a super busy time...with govt cutoffs. It's an opportunity to get some OT.

Gonna get some walking in today too. I track my steps each day and will tally up the total for the month at the end. It is the only thing that helps me focus on doing something every day. Normally, I am a chronic non-exerciser, but have made a decision this year to be more active.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Start July 22: 250

Today July 27: 244
Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Jossy! That's another lb, right?
I have lost 22lbs my first 2 months. Yay!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Mary- Your food sounds great! Proud of you for all your planning. I know it takes time and a lot of effort!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Yay! Jossy! That's another lb, right?
I have lost 22lbs my first 2 months. Yay!!

That is awesome - hopefully I can do the same