Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Oh, 1 T. mayo on tuna at lunch and 2 T. Ranch Dressing on Dinner salad.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Thank you soooo much, Frankie. I really need help.
Yesterday I ate about two days worth of LC food. I didn't eat anything off plan but I just couldn't seem to get enough. I ate my normal breakfast of 2 eggs/ 1 sl. cheese/ 1 sausage patty. From there on...bleh. I made LC Eggplant Parm. There were 6 sl.of eggplant and before day was over I had eaten 4. 2 Atkins Bars, 2 Dobie Muffins( 1 w/cream cheese), almost a whole bag pork skins, 3.5 oz. turkey sandwich meat and some peanuts., 1 LC tortilla. I can't believe I ate all that. Several are treats that I would have one of in one day. Oh my!! I am going to be strict with myself today.
OC9N no problem. Some days you can just get a serious case of munches
But you did the right thing eating on the plan. It is your body fussing at you because you are not "pleasuring" it like you use to. Where is the love it is trying to say to you feed me mama!
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Hahaha Belly, it was really used to being pleasured!!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Well be a good parent and feed your "child" what you know is best!
Don't let it get it's way.
Keep up the good work. It is a journey that can provide the best pleasure.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
just checking in....down almost a pound...I still need to lose 4 lbs to get back to the 270's...so slow!!

Frankie: I had BWW on Sunday...I had the salt and vinegar traditional wings....they were so yummy!

Jan: I hate those hungry days...we all get them unfortunately!

Have a great evening everyone!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Checking in...

Today was a good day. 2-mile hike, and good food choices all day. If I can keep this up, I should have a good weigh-in on Sat.
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!! I cannot believe how fast this month is going! Winter will be here before we knw it....yuck! I'm still plugging along....nothing new to report.

Jan: I made the Dobie muffins today...I have to say they aren't too shabby I was shocked at the price of that protein powder! I found a 1.75 lb container at Walmart for almost $20.00! and the lowest net carbs was 6...but I figured my muffins to be about 2 carbs each....is that right??
Old 07-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Michele, I get a soy protein powder from Trader Joes for $15 or $16 with no carbs. I can't do the whey pp.

My DH is back in the hospital. He went to see his pcp today and has had excrutiating headaches since Sunday. They did a cat scan and will do an mri tomorrow. They think he might have had a stroke since his right hand was a bit numb. Please keep him in your prayers. I just came home to make dinner and am headed back tonight. They were admitting him.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Doing good with food but I need to up my carbs a bit. Staying too LC the scale does not move, just how my body is. I am trying to loosely plan a road trip from Dallas to New Orleans to Stuart Fl, to Savannah Ga, to Charleston SC, and a few stops after that on the way back to Dallas.

Mary- My thoughts are with you and your DH. I hope this visit to the hospital will be the last one for him.

Jan- Some days I feel like I could eat everything in sight and other days I can put it off until evening. I pretty much go with the flow as long as I am eating LC foods and I am truly hungry and not stressed, emotional, bored, tired or thirsty. Sent the Zip off to you yesterday by mail. Don't send any $ for postage, just pass it along another time to someone else when the opportunity comes along.

Michelle- I like the BWW wings, just not their seemingly deceptive practice of not being up front about nutrition. Girl, you can drop those 4lbs! Have you gone back and looked at your food log to a time when you were losing good and compared it to the last couple of weeks? I have found this to be helpful to me.

Vilya- Good job on getting in the 2 mile walk.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Vilya wow are those pants that use to fit you. Wow! Impressive.

Mary Mary hoping the best for your mate:aprayer

Frankie you are inspiring me as I am in the same height and age group you are.You managed to get down to the 150's. I am hoping to get to onederland. So with you it gives me hope that I can possibly get back to that world. It is a real trial for me

Thecloude please refrain from using dirty words "winter" it depresses me
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Been thinking about motivation this morning. I buy pairs of jeans that are too small and try them on every week to see how far they are from fitting. It is always exciting to put them on and have them finally fit. This is some concrete evidence and proof that I am getting smaller when I cannot see it in the mirror. What do all of you do to keep motivated????

Belly- You'll get there! I think one of the biggest things is not getting too frustrated when you hit a plateau for a while. Keeping up the motivation is easy when you see the scale drop but not so easy when it bounces around with the same few pounds for a while.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been sitting here all day waiting for the doctor to show up to give us the results and plan of action. We also need to speak with the social worker so we know the plan when he is discharged. I have to get back to work so they may have someone check on him once or twice a day. I don't know how it works.

Even though I was exhausted and feeling sorry for myself, I weighed my dinner, sat down and enjoyed. I am trying to stay motivated by calling folks who follow my food plan for emotiinal support and a shoulder to cry on. They remind me this will all end someday and I can still be abstinent when it is over with, so long as I don't pick up the first compulsive bite. It is the first compulsive bite that sets off the chain of events that lead to food hell.

This morning I had my weighed breakfast and packed lunch. I need to take care of myself so I have some energy left to take care of DH when he comes home.

When I was losing, I remember telling myself that it didn't matter how much or how long it took to lose the weight, so long as I stayed with the plan, I would be all right. Now I have to learn that it is okay to see the number stay the same. This is called maintenance and what I was working for all these years. Losing weight feels good because it is an achievement of a goal. Gaining made me feel ashamed because I was a failure. Staying the same is learning acceptance of me at the weight I am, that it is okay to do what I do and be me.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Belly - yep, those are my size 26 jeans! I wear a 16 now, and shooting for a 14 eventually.

Mary - I think maintenance is harder than losing. I haven't been trying to maintain (been trying to lose), but I have stayed within the same 5 lbs. for the past 7 months, and in many ways it's been much more work than losing. Doesn't seem fair, right??
Old 07-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Midlyfechrysalis
Stats: 237/212/something healthy
WOE: Meat, veggies, eggs, limited dairy
Start Date: 9/7/13 (interupted 10/15 by car accident)
Ok, so. Using my sig line goals as a guide, I would like to lose 15 pounds by Aug. 31. I would also like to have established a regular exercise routine.

I am starting over for the Nth time. As a nearly 50 year old woman, I think 100 pounds may be too much (137 may be unrealistic) but I do need to lose nearly that, so this forum seems a match.
Midlyfechrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Mid

I haven't had a pop in 3 days now and have been drinking 5-6 bottles of water....seems to be helping ..down 2 lbs in the past couple days
Dh and I are going to visit my Mom who lives 2 hrs away tomorrow and in the evening we are meeting up with some of my friends from yrs ago...it will be the first time we have all been together since 1986!! I'm so excited

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
since i started this challenge i had a 3 lb bounce up in weight. i have not gone off plan so i know it's probably water weight because my rings and shoes get tight. it's probably because of the humidity or my arthritis or a combo.

as of today i'm back to the weight i was before i had the 3 lb increase

phranquie- i use smaller jeans as motivation too. i have a pair of size 18 jeans hanging in plain sight on my bathroom door (otherwise out of sight, out of mind, right?) and next to those size 18 jeans i have my size 16 jeans.

I've tried on the size 18 jeans. i can button and zip them and they're tight ( ooooh, look.....muffin top!) so i definitely cannot sit in them (standing room only!).

when i do reach my challenge goal of fitting into my size 16 jeans then i'll start shopping at goodwill for size 14.

you can't carry your scale around to show everyone your weight loss but you can put on a smaller size pair of pants!

Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog. (seen on Pinterest)
alassea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Guys, I have done really well this week and am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. I just need to keep the momentum going!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

As part of my doc's visit,( I explained on 300 thread ) my BP was 94/66. She took me off one of my two high blood pressure pills.!!! Yay!! Started May 27th. Proof of a healthy way of eating!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry Mary that y'all are back at hospital. The place itself is exhausting. Prayers for dh and you.

Michele- The muffins keep things moving for me. Yea, about 2 carbs each. Was it 6 NET carbs?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

I gave away all my 'fat' clothes when I lost the first time on Atkins. The only pair of jeans I have left, and didn't know I had them until recently, are size 14. I went on to wear size 12 in everything. The 14's are the pair that made the biggest impression on me. I was shopping at an outlet store and my friend asked what size I wore. The jeans were a great deal. I said about a 16 or 18. I always wear one size bigger in jeans than pants. She said 14 was the largest they had so try them on. With a lot of encouragement, I finally did and they were perfect. Not tight anywhere. I stood in the store and cried. Glad I have them. I know that's a long way off but I will really appreciate fitting in them again.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

I don't really have a tangible goal. I just know I have to eat this way to live.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stuck at home right now waiting for UPS to deliver a package that has to be signed for. Decided to take off tomorrow on my road trip and planning what I'll be doing while I am gone. Wondering if it is crazy to take my scale? If it fits it is going with me (I have a small convertible so there is not much room). Here's my itinerary right now: Dallas-New Orleans-Palm City FL- Savannah GA- Charleston SC-Columbia SC- Columbus GA - back to Dallas TX. Leaving early in the morning so I can have two relaxing evenings in New Orleans.

Joanne- Welcome! I am 52 and recommitted to getting healthy last year on July 16th. I can tell you that you can lose 100lbs. It might take us longer the older we get and the slower our metabolisms are, but it can be done. If you want to do it you will find a way.

Jan- Those jeans are a great goal for you. You can do it! If you stick with it you will be wearing those jeans again in no time.

Mary- I am so sorry you are having to deal with so much. I hope that the social worker can get you some help once your husband comes home. I am glad you have people to call and to get the support you need. I know how hard being at a hospital is and then caring for someone at home. It is draining and stressful and can really zap you.

Alassea- Sounds like the 18's are not too far from being wearable. I find some cute jeans at Ross and they are pretty inexpensive so when I drop a size I don't mind letting them go.

Last edited by Phranquie; 07-12-2013 at 10:14 AM..
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie, please post during your trip and pics if you can. Let us know how much fun you're having. I did receive the Fit Zip. Thank you so much I don't feel right not paying something. We'll talk when you get back from your trip. Won't send it while you're away!!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

I called DH's old surgeon to tell him what was happening and asked him to get involved. I felt that his headaches were from a new drug they put him on when he left the hospital a week ago. Finally, the local doctor listened when she realized I engaged the other hospital. They took him off it and onto something we knew he had no reaction to. His headaches have gone from a pain level of 10 down to a 7, so we can only hope they will get better and better.

I am going back today and am going to try to give him a back rub so he doesn't get bed sores. Maybe we can get him up and moving if his headaches quiet down.

I continue to plan my meals and take them with me when I go to the hospital. So last night I ate my thing and DH ate a cup of fresh fruit. He has no appetite. He has to drink some and that is an effort too. My weight is staying the same or down by half pound, 151.4 lbs. so it seems that whatever I am eating is exactly what I need.

I am still checking my walking. At the other hospital, I would get over 10,000 steps a day. Here I get around 6500 steps. So I am going to have to do some walking this weekend around town and check out the stores.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

hope everyone is having a great weekend! I reunited with a few friends from my younger years...it was the first time the 4 of us have been together since 1986!! It was so much fun and I didn't eat off plan at all The scale red 282.0 this morning so I'm getting close to those 270's again...woooohooo!!!

Not doing much today...some laundry..cleaning up our new van and old van...planning on making buffalo wings for supper...yum!

Have a great day!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Midlyfechrysalis
Stats: 237/212/something healthy
WOE: Meat, veggies, eggs, limited dairy
Start Date: 9/7/13 (interupted 10/15 by car accident)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Joanne- Welcome! I am 52 and recommitted to getting healthy last year on July 16th. I can tell you that you can lose 100lbs. It might take us longer the older we get and the slower our metabolisms are, but it can be done. If you want to do it you will find a way.
Thanks for the encouragement! What I meant was that 137 (100 down from my highest) may not be a fair/realistic end goal.

But it's sure close.

This morning's weigh in was 230.6, but I'm not claiming it until it sticks a day or two.
Midlyfechrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Hi y'all! Up .5 lb. this morning. Bleh!! Oh well. I know I'm on plan so it will go away.
What's everyone doing today?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday!! Not much to report today...scale has been the same for 2 days now...and I'm ok with that!!

How is everyone doing??
Old 07-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
as of this morning i have lost 20.6 lbs

i don't care if the scale goes up a pound or two tomorrow, i'm claiming it now!

also no off-plan food for 6 weeks since re-starting atkins
alassea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

WTG alassea!!