Old 06-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
300+ Support Group- HOT HOT HOT July 2013

300+ Support Group- HOT HOT HOT July 2013
We are a group of Men and Women, most of whom weigh or have weighed over 300 pounds at some point. We post here to give or to get support, share our daily struggles and victories. Everyone is WELCOME! regardless of size! or Program! We encourage all you LURKERS to come on in and post!!!
WELCOME!!!

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #2

Old 06-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #3

Last edited by debkeversole; 06-30-2013 at 05:24 PM..
Old 06-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

July, 2013 Bizarre and Unique Holidays

Month:

National Blueberry Month
National Anti-Boredom Month
Unlucky Month for weddings
National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
National Hot Dog Month
National Ice Cream Month
Week Event:

Week 2 Nude Recreation Week
July 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 Build A Scarecrow Day - first Sunday in month

1 Canada Day

1 Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day

1 International Joke Day

2 I Forgot Day

2 World UFO Day

3 Compliment Your Mirror Day

3 Disobedience Day

3 Stay out of the Sun Day

4 Independence Day (U.S.)

4 National Country Music Day

4 Sidewalk Egg Frying Day- Hmmmm, I wonder why!?!

5 Work-a-holics Day - even though everyone is on holiday

6 National Fried Chicken Day

7 Chocolate Day

7 National Strawberry Sundae Day

8 Video Games Day

9 National Sugar Cookie Day

10 Teddy Bear Picnic Day

11 Cheer up the Lonely Day

11 World Population Day

12 Different Colored Eyes Day

12 Pecan Pie Day

13 Barbershop Music Appreciation Day

13 Embrace Your Geekness Day

13 Fool's Paradise Day

14 Bastille Day

14 Pandemonium Day

14 National Nude Day

15 Tapioca Pudding Day

15 Cow Appreciation Day- Go out and give a cow a hug

17 Peach Ice Cream Day

17 Yellow Pig Day

18 National Caviar Day- something's fishy here

19 National Raspberry Cake Day

20 Moon Day

20 Ugly Truck Day- it's a "guy" thing

21 National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of the month)

21 National Junk Food Day

22 Hammock Day

22 Ratcatcher's Day

23 National Hot Dog Day

23 Vanilla Ice Cream Day

24 Amelia Earhart Day

24 Cousins Day

25 Culinarians Day

25 Threading the Needle Day

26 All or Nothing Day

26 Aunt and Uncle Day

27 Take Your Pants for a Walk Day

28 National Milk Chocolate Day

28 Parent's Day - fourth Sunday in July

29 National Lasagna Day

30 National Cheesecake Day

30 Father-in-Law Day

31 Mutt's Day
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Gasp! My birthday is both chocolate day and national strawberry sundae day!!! Who knew? lol
Old 06-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beara View Post
Gasp! My birthday is both chocolate day and national strawberry sundae day!!! Who knew? lol
sounds like a great birthday to me!!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #7

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning and happy July. It is just a wonderful day. We have a very cool front here in July. It was almost cold last night if you can believe that. At 7 am it was only 61. Wow. I love it.

DS14 started back to football practice. Accckkk I love that it's cooler this week for them. I just still hope they stay hydrated and careful.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #8

So we finally took a small stand and told the parents that we'd love them to come on the 4th for a bbq and fireworks but we need next Sunday off. They were a little taken aback as they think it's nothing to cook, clean and serve to them but it is a lot. At least now dh will really have a full day off with no one to serve and nothing to do. He is so burnt out working all these hours. I'm mostly looking forward to Sunday more than anything else this week. LOL Plus ds18 has to work. Who orders pizza on the Fourth of July???? That's just nuts to me. We always closed our Subway stores on holidays. There just isn't enough business.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/21/2014
Can I join you? Evidently I've been in self-destruct mode for the past few months because I'm at an all-time high for my weight. I feel awful and stepping on that scale this morning motivated me like no other.

About me -- my name is Kim (duh!, lol), I turn 50 next month , divorced almost 5 years ago, have 2 kids (Andy is 24 and Jessie is 20), daughter-in-law Melissa and a beautiful granddaughter Hailey just turned 1 last month. My kids and I are super close and I have a great relationship with my daughter-in-law. Andy, Melissa and Hailey live just 5 miles away and I get to babysit Hailey often. Jessie still lives at home -- I re-did the basement into a suite for her -- she's got her bedroom, living room and bathroom. She works full-time at the Humane Society and has already adopted 1 cat and dog. With my older dog I told her "we're full!". No more animals.

Atkins in my plan of choice. I've pretty much purged my house of off-plan foods. DD20 will need to either eat what I'm eating or she can pick-up what she wants. We mostly eat the same, but she's got a sweet tooth and there's always ice cream, cookies or candy around. I did buy coffee ice cream for her yesterday, but I hate anything coffee so that won't tempt me.

I'm bracing for the induction-flu that's sure to hit me -- my body has a lot of carbs to detox from. At least I'm not combining carb detox with caffeine detox -- I've still been caffeine-free since last August. I'm even looking forward to challenging myself to stay on-plan for July 4th. DD20 and I are going to the family cabin where there will be probably 30-40 people. We divide meal "duties" into the "Geneva" side (my great-aunt) and "Dorothy" side (my grandmother). I know Geneva lunch will be brats on the grill with lots of different salads, etc. For Dorothy dinner I suggested tacos -- I'm bringing the seasoned meat so I can control what goes in it. I bought a huge box of individual Doritos bags for all the kids (and adults) to make walking tacos and my sister is bringing all the add-ins. I told her to bring romaine lettuce and not iceberg so that those who want to make a taco salad can do that.

DD20 joined the gym where I have a membership -- note I said membership -- not where I go. We have a plan to go Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. AquaFit class on Tuesday/Thursday; treadmill, weight machines on Sunday/Wednesday. This schedule starts next week since tomorrow she's going to a concert with DS24, Wednesday she has plans with her BF and we'll be gone for the 4th. But I still plan to be active this week -- if not the gym, then I'll go for a walk with one of the dogs or go "borrow" my granddaughter and push her in the stroller.

Today's menu:
B: 4 Jimmy Dean small sausage patties, pink grapefruit flavored Sparkling Ice
L: roast beef & chipotle gouda cheese rollups in baby romaine leaves, mayo, LaCroix water
D: cheeseburger patty on top of lettuce & pickles with mayo, mustard, water

I'll be back to list my goals.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #10

Kim. Of course you can join, the more the merrier. Sound like you have a good plan in place. My suggestions are to really push the water, especially during the induction phase.

I'm 54, had wls(the sleeve) in Dec and have lost 89 pounds so far. I have 2 boys, both will be sophomores this year, one h.s., the other in college. The college kid still lives at home and works pt. We are about 5 miles from the U of Arkansas so it's easy.

I work at a church currently but I am going to start looking for another job soon. I need more hours and more money. I am way underemployed working as an admin assistant with a MBA degree. Being over 300 lbs prevented me from doing much with my degree and life. I was a hermit and still find it hard to get out there but I'm working on it. Last year was my worst year ever, being at my highest weight ever and all that went with it.

We are a nice group. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Thanks Chewie -- I am much of a hermit myself -- definately fostered by my weight. I want to change that though -- I'm not enjoying life as much as I could be.

I've got my bubba mug filled -- it holds 32 oz and I'd love to get 3 of these down before leaving work.

Andy will graduate college in December -- Melissa just graduated in May. They took a bit longer to finish college -- but considering working full-time, getting married and having a daughter -- they've accomplished quite a bit. Jessie is taking a break from school -- she did 3 semesters and decided to take a break. She's got a great job at the Humane Society splitting her hours between Finance/Accounting, Customer Service (Adoption lead) and Animal Care. She loves it and if school isn't right for her right now, she's getting great work experience. I didn't graduate college and work in a profesional role with an online legal-research corporation. The majority of my co-workers are all attorneys. I manage a team of developers working on getting content from our legacy online product to the new. This brings me a constant source of frustration and stress. Another reason I need to get my eating under control -- stress eating is not helping! In just 10 more days I will celebrate 25 years with my company.

Congratulations on your wls success! You've made some great accomplishments! I lost 80+ lbs when I first tried Atkins back in 2001 or so -- of course that weight + another 8 pounds is back.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
deb- Beautiful job as always! Love, love all the glitter! Thank you for starting us off. I know you have so much to do and it was sweet of you to take time out for us!

Kim- I'm Jan. I have 1 grandchild, a boy born April 4th. He lives almost an hour away so we don't get to see him as much as we would like. This is a great place for support for not only your WOE, but your life in general.

chewie- I don't have my air on either! That's unusual for Hot Lanta!

Up 1/4 lb. today. Still on plan. Oh well, it'll come off sometime.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

deb- Just copied your pizza recipe. Sounds so good.

Beara- How's it going!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in MN View Post
Can I join you? Evidently I've been in self-destruct mode for the past few months because I'm at an all-time high for my weight. I feel awful and stepping on that scale this morning motivated me like no other.

About me -- my name is Kim (duh!, lol), I turn 50 next month , divorced almost 5 years ago, have 2 kids (Andy is 24 and Jessie is 20), daughter-in-law Melissa and a beautiful granddaughter Hailey just turned 1 last month. My kids and I are super close and I have a great relationship with my daughter-in-law. Andy, Melissa and Hailey live just 5 miles away and I get to babysit Hailey often. Jessie still lives at home -- I re-did the basement into a suite for her -- she's got her bedroom, living room and bathroom. She works full-time at the Humane Society and has already adopted 1 cat and dog. With my older dog I told her "we're full!". No more animals.

Atkins in my plan of choice. I've pretty much purged my house of off-plan foods. DD20 will need to either eat what I'm eating or she can pick-up what she wants. We mostly eat the same, but she's got a sweet tooth and there's always ice cream, cookies or candy around. I did buy coffee ice cream for her yesterday, but I hate anything coffee so that won't tempt me.

I'm bracing for the induction-flu that's sure to hit me -- my body has a lot of carbs to detox from. At least I'm not combining carb detox with caffeine detox -- I've still been caffeine-free since last August. I'm even looking forward to challenging myself to stay on-plan for July 4th. DD20 and I are going to the family cabin where there will be probably 30-40 people. We divide meal "duties" into the "Geneva" side (my great-aunt) and "Dorothy" side (my grandmother). I know Geneva lunch will be brats on the grill with lots of different salads, etc. For Dorothy dinner I suggested tacos -- I'm bringing the seasoned meat so I can control what goes in it. I bought a huge box of individual Doritos bags for all the kids (and adults) to make walking tacos and my sister is bringing all the add-ins. I told her to bring romaine lettuce and not iceberg so that those who want to make a taco salad can do that.

DD20 joined the gym where I have a membership -- note I said membership -- not where I go. We have a plan to go Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. AquaFit class on Tuesday/Thursday; treadmill, weight machines on Sunday/Wednesday. This schedule starts next week since tomorrow she's going to a concert with DS24, Wednesday she has plans with her BF and we'll be gone for the 4th. But I still plan to be active this week -- if not the gym, then I'll go for a walk with one of the dogs or go "borrow" my granddaughter and push her in the stroller.

Today's menu:
B: 4 Jimmy Dean small sausage patties, pink grapefruit flavored Sparkling Ice
L: roast beef & chipotle gouda cheese rollups in baby romaine leaves, mayo, LaCroix water
D: cheeseburger patty on top of lettuce & pickles with mayo, mustard, water

I'll be back to list my goals.
HOWDY and
Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
deb- Just copied your pizza recipe. Sounds so good.

Beara- How's it going!
jan it is linda sue's recipe! have you seen her site?? great stuff all recipes marked with an * are good for induction

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes
Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #16

Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

No, Deb, I'll look at it. Love the pic!!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #18

well all the thunder turned into a gully washer of a storm i am surprised we didn't lose electric and internet
Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #19

Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Love your pics, Deb. Our weather has been like that lately. Usually happens in the evening though.
Those recipes look so good. I just have to get the scale. Gettin' really frustrated. Up and down on the same pound now for d a y s !!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon Amber, where ever you are! Miss you.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Meant to say, get the scale moving.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Updating my menu -- I ate 1 of my roast beef, cheese, lettuce rollups and could go no further. No explaination, but complete aversion to eating any more. They just didn't appeal to me. Everything is fresh so it's not a spoilage issue -- just couldn't do it. Weird. Now what to do with the rest of the roast beef? It wasn't cheap -- fancy Dietz & Watson from a special "road show" at Costco.

Dinner will be early -- and will probably be 2 cheeseburger patties over lettuce.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh -- and I turned down treats twice today. A co-worker brought in a mixed berry rhubarb pie from a famous pie place in Northern MN and there were treats brought in from a local french bakery to celebrate a release that went out this weekend. I turned down both offers! Yay me!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LovelyBelle
Stats: Highest Weight about 260. Restart 243/233/130
Start Date: May 21, 2013
Happy Hot Hot July!! Love the intro post with all the July holidays and of course the winter pics....Autumn come soon!!! LOL....Stay cool this 4th of July!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in MN View Post
Updating my menu -- I ate 1 of my roast beef, cheese, lettuce rollups and could go no further. No explaination, but complete aversion to eating any more. They just didn't appeal to me. Everything is fresh so it's not a spoilage issue -- just couldn't do it. Weird. Now what to do with the rest of the roast beef? It wasn't cheap -- fancy Dietz & Watson from a special "road show" at Costco.

Dinner will be early -- and will probably be 2 cheeseburger patties over lettuce.
oh no! it sounds soo good to me! wonder what could be wrong?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyBelle View Post
Happy Hot Hot July!! Love the intro post with all the July holidays and of course the winter pics....Autumn come soon!!! LOL....Stay cool this 4th of July!
HOWDY WHERE YA BEEN?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Hey guys! Going grocery shopping tomorrow so I can kick the damn excuses in the butt! Hopefully by the end of the week I will have my gym membership renewed. Gonna keep moving before that though.
I do the weekly grocery shopping for the school my lil girl goes to as well as shopping for my mom who has a bad knee. (she is having surgery a week from today) Makes for about three hours of shopping all together. Keeps me moving, thats for sure!
Checking back in here helps me stay motivated and more importantly inspired to be able to do this!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #29

HOWDY BEARA! lol anymore i really dread shopping soo many people!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

I hear that! We go to the next town over because I live in a tourist town. We have about 4,000 people in our town but they figure about 3 million come through in the summer! Does not make for great shopping trips
Closed Thread