LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, can you tolerate sauerkraut juice? You can buy little cans, and it always gets things moving from me.
I had some sauerkraut on a hot dog a while ago and it was ok. You just drink the juice???

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #212

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I've actually been up and down for a few weeks. My stomach is not being very cooperative and keeps backing up on me, if you know what I mean. I have no room for veggies for fiber so it's an ongoing problem. I tried fiber caps, gross Metamucil and nothing is really working on a daily basis. I'm 1 pound away from 90 pounds but I had a goal to be at 100 by the end of July. I don't know that I will make it at this rate.
First and foremost, congratulations on the 90 lbs lost! So proud of you!

As for backing up, the one thing that has consistently worked for me is Magnesium citrate, somewhere around 300-400 mg. Works like a charm, no diarrhea. I take it at night and in the morning everything moves perfectly. A bit of Epsom salts in water (back of package will have info on how much to take for internal use) has the same effect because it is magnesium. However, it tastes gross, tablets are much better.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post

As for backing up, the one thing that has consistently worked for me is Magnesium citrate, somewhere around 300-400 mg. Works like a charm, no diarrhea. I take it at night and in the morning everything moves perfectly. A bit of Epsom salts in water (back of package will have info on how much to take for internal use) has the same effect because it is magnesium. However, it tastes gross, tablets are much better.
I have magnesium oxide but have to take 1700-2000 mg and that cause more problems. I guess I should go get some mag citrate if it's a small amount, 300-400 is a small amount. You can overdose on mag and it causes side effects like light headedness so it's a bit scary. I asked in the wls forum--one of the posters is an RN and very informed so I'm hoping she can help me.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #214

Quote:
Thanks, I'm happy with it but of course want it all off by tomorrow. Kwim?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #215

Eliza--how is you sil doing? The one that had the wls.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #216

Very interesting article. I must say, guilty as charged.....

Quote:
In an article titled Are You Sitting Yourself to Death, author Tom Nikkola, Sr. Dir. of Nutrition and Weight Management at Life Time Weight Loss, discusses at length how sitting negatively influences health. Tom cites that being sedentary or sitting, is associated with many health risks, including a 112% increase in diabetes risk, 147% increase in cardiovascular disease risk, 90% increased risk in cardiovascular mortality and 49% increased risk of all-cause mortality.

Before you pat yourself on the back for your “gym rat” status, those of us who exercise are not immune to these risks. While exercise is a healthy habit with many benefits, this is not about the one hour a day spent at the gym, but the other 15 hours (assuming 8 hours of sleep). One researcher coined the term “exercising couch potato” to describe those of us who are faithful exercisers but outside of our daily workouts, spend a lot of time sitting. The bottom line is this…long periods of time spent being sedentary is not healthy for any body!

At one time the television was blamed for our lack of movement, however, the truth is, it is not the TV, but our sedentary jobs and lifestyle habits. When scientists compared the lifestyles led by those in the 1800s, a time period when diabetes and obesity were unheard of, versus the modern desk jockey, they found on average we walk about 5 miles less per day which is roughly 10,000 steps, give or take a few.

Which leads right into what most experts agree to be an ideal goal for a healthy lifestyle, walk 10,000 steps per day. It doesn’t stop there, though, in fact Dr. John Berardi, founder of Precision Nutrition believes “when people increase their level of basic movement, in conjunction with doing a few hours per week of purposeful high intensity exercise (like strength training and perhaps some sprint work), the magic starts to happen.” This magic he is referring to is lower body weight, less body fat and improved health, taking healthy nutrition into account.

If you need more convincing, that to be your healthiest self, you must figure out a way to get more movement in your day, check out this article titled: How Moving More May Save Your Life!

It is important to note, you can’t change that which you don’t measure. I wear a Fitbit One; this little gadget is a modern-day pedometer that gives you instant feedback on your daily activity level (including sleep). It is wireless and syncs effortlessly with your computer or smart phone. If you have an active job, you might already be getting in 10,000 steps a day, however, that would mean you are an exception and not the rule. According to studies done that measure activity levels, 65% of Americans say they are “active” when in reality only 5% of the population is actually active. Get yourself a Fitbit One by clicking HERE and start measuring your activity.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #217

Quote:
I have magnesium oxide but have to take 1700-2000 mg and that cause more problems. I guess I should go get some mag citrate if it's a small amount, 300-400 is a small amount. You can overdose on mag and it causes side effects like light headedness so it's a bit scary. I asked in the wls forum--one of the posters is an RN and very informed so I'm hoping she can help me.
Read somewhere that the citrate kind is best for constipation issues.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 07-09-2013 at 09:34 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #218

Quote:
Eliza--how is you sil doing? The one that had the wls.
She has lost 70 lbs, with the only serious drawback of continued severe gastrointestinal issues. She had the duodenal switch which I guess is very hard on the body.

She told me she is about 35 lbs away from her goal of 150 lbs.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #219

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, you can buy the sauerkraut juice in little cans with the apple juice, etc. It has been a long time since I bought it, but I suppose they still have it.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Chewie- Did you give the muffins a try? 2 a day does the trick.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Love the pic, Deb!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

OK, I checked my food for the day and it's not enough. Only 700 cal. and 7 carbs. My sister called and needs us to take my brother-in-law to doc. She doesn't drive. They want to take us out to eat afterwards.
I had planned a salad with grilled chicken so I can add a few veggies that will be cooked in oil. That should fix it all. Hope so.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #224

your salad sounds good! teach your sister to drive in this day and age EVERYONE should know how!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
LOL Chews, how did I end up in the June thread!
I did the same over the weekend. I see I posted my grand babies pictures in the June posts.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wait....am I going crazy this evening or what? I swear I posted that recipe of the Shepherd Pie earlier today and yet it is on page 7 of from yesterday??? WTHudge??
Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #227

we got to go see the movie! i loved it those minions! came home and it is storming agin internet going in and out
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #228

Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Heya Deb!

I thought of you tonight so I decided to come say "Hi". I was watching America's Got Talent and there was a man from Kentucky on. I missed where exactly he said he was from but figured it had to be somewhere around Eastern KY. He reminded me of Garth Brooks with his voice. His name was Jimmy Rose perhaps he will show up if you google him. I was really touched by him, he seems to have a special spirit. I hope he fares well in the competition.

Also, hope you are doing well and that there is improvement going on with Ken. Good luck with getting Stephen off to college. I am guessing it is about a month away now, right? You probably have everything all ready to be packed up. Have a great rest of the summer!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #230

Good morning. Hey KC----you popped into my thoughts this morning when I was saying my prayers. Good to see you checking in. How are things? How's your older dd? What is she doing? Did she get accepted to law school? How's ds? Is he still life guarding?

Eliza--congrats on the walking and eating. Good job.

Deb--glad you liked the movie. I'd heard it was good.

Sue--you have the cutest grandkids ever!!

Jan--I didn't feel like turning on the oven for the flax muffins but I did start taking coconut oil today in my coffee. I still want to bake the muffins but it's going to be so hot today again. Maybe I'll just make a mim in the microwave?
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just for you Deb.....and the rest of us that could use a little cooler weather.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #232

Sue--the coconut oil is supposed to suppress the appetite but I'm using it more for the movement affect---roflol. Supposed to do that too. Plus help your skin, hair, etc I don't know anything about butter either.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #233

Good morning everyone, hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #234

Quote:
Sue--the coconut oil is supposed to suppress the appetite but I'm using it more for the movement affect---roflol. Supposed to do that too. Plus help your skin, hair, etc I don't know anything about butter either.
Chewie, I recently discovered I may be allergic to CO when I apply it to my skin. Get a rash.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Heya Deb!

I thought of you tonight so I decided to come say "Hi". I was watching America's Got Talent and there was a man from Kentucky on. I missed where exactly he said he was from but figured it had to be somewhere around Eastern KY. He reminded me of Garth Brooks with his voice. His name was Jimmy Rose perhaps he will show up if you google him. I was really touched by him, he seems to have a special spirit. I hope he fares well in the competition.

Also, hope you are doing well and that there is improvement going on with Ken. Good luck with getting Stephen off to college. I am guessing it is about a month away now, right? You probably have everything all ready to be packed up. Have a great rest of the summer!
oh i am so glad to see you we have all missed you soo much! how are the kids?? how is everything?? please don't be a stranger !
Steven goes to EKU the 11th of August i am soo nervous!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Just for you Deb.....and the rest of us that could use a little cooler weather.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #237

i have 10 of the 9 patch squares finished for the quilt! halfway there and when i get those done Una B will tell me what i need to do next! NONE of the seams line up at all and i have had to undo some of them LOL i have sewn some squares on backwards! hopefully Molly will treasure it though
Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, it is not the same thing, but my grandmother made my daughter a quilt when she was in the early stages of Alzheimer's. She was always a beautiful quilter and I have several of her quilts. The one she made my daughter has a lot of mistakes, but I treasure it even more, because I know how much effort it took for her to do it.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Went to the doc. today and am having tests done at hospital tomorrow at hospital. Would appreciate prayers from those of you who pray. Thank you so much. Prob. check in tomorrow evening if not admitted or and have any results.Love to all.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, it is not the same thing, but my grandmother made my daughter a quilt when she was in the early stages of Alzheimer's. She was always a beautiful quilter and I have several of her quilts. The one she made my daughter has a lot of mistakes, but I treasure it even more, because I know how much effort it took for her to do it.
i am just afraid because it is not perfect and doesn't look like store bought Ashley will get rid of it before Molly is of an age to treasure it they even sold that antique telephone table i bopught for them last year
Closed Thread