Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Thanks, Michele. I, of course, think so. I really like him in his Cherokee attire. He wears arm bands, chokers and breast plates some but only on special occasions the ribbon shirt.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Gully washers off and on all day yesterday! Supposed to be the same today. 80 degrees today. I'm going to make a Seven Layer Salad and chill over night to eat tomorrow. I love eating things I used to eat that are 'legal'. LOL Didn't see about the hail storm. Unreal.
I love the idea of the quilt. I am going to mention it to my DDI. Probably be some reason that it's not healthy. She is a real healthy food nut. Overboard. We just got to stop washing our hands before holding him. He'll prob. never get to eat a cookie. Not exaggerating. Way overboard. Already said he will only eat home cooked organic food. She eats glutton and lactose free so he probably will too. Very hard to cook for her. Also, he can only have 100 percent organic cotton clothes. Very stressful for me. OK, I'll shut up.

Hope your nap helps.
oooh gosh doesn't she know that kids have to eat so much dirt to be healthy?? ashley's mom kept her pristine! and she is allergic to everything! her younger sisters not soo much and they are not your immune system needs exercise she is asking for peanut and gluten allergies right off the bat!
i straight up told ashley that Molly is getting dirty and she needed to breast feed and so did Kenny Ashley said she knew! she wouldn't wish being allergic to everything on anyone!
organic is good there are some amazing organic cookie recipes out there do you all have EARTH FARE grocery stores there OMG the yummiest organic bakery in there pricey but soo good
soo am i reading it right ? gotta wash your hands BEFORE holding him?? not just normal if dirty or been to bathroom etc?? oh man! i have heard of other people doing that too but goodness if the baby doesn't have a medical condition that NEEDS that! poor guy will just be hampered by it honestly
play in dirt get all kinds of dirty have pets be exposed to all kinds of foods and happy healty kid! they wash up really easy1
that is what i used to tell my MIL when she would say don't get dirty kenny UGH i said he washes up good
did you know peanut allergies are a first world problem?/ we have kept our kids soo away from dirt and germs it had to have something to react to and yup there we go peanut allergy
as Ms frizzle says take chances make mistakes GET MESSY!! that is how we grow and learn
sorry stepping off soapbox now

slept until just a litttle bit ago think i will get some water take another midol and sleep some more
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 07-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #123

Quote:
http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf...nsertimage.gif
My daughter ,Shana. She is in a motorized wheelchair. She lives on her own with 2 five hour shift nurses. She handles her own finances (by computer) and lives a very full life. She lives about 20 minutes away!
i am soo proud of her!!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

I know. We stayed in the yard till Mama called us in to bathe and go to bed. I do hope she will loosen up a little as he gets older. I sent her a text about the quilt idea and haven't heard back. Oh, well. We don't have an Earth Fare. We have a health food grocery store close though. Maybe I can afford a cookie per visit. LOL

Thank you so much!! I am very proud of Shana too. It was not an easy road getting to that point and I could have never done it without dh. She was 14 when we married and he had no experience with handicaps. He has been our hero. She calls him Daddy and her bio dad by his first name.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #125

Quote:
I know. We stayed in the yard till Mama called us in to bathe and go to bed. I do hope she will loosen up a little as he gets older. I sent her a text about the quilt idea and haven't heard back. Oh, well. We don't have an Earth Fare. We have a health food grocery store close though. Maybe I can afford a cookie per visit. LOL

Thank you so much!! I am very proud of Shana too. It was not an easy road getting to that point and I could have never done it without dh. She was 14 when we married and he had no experience with handicaps. He has been our hero. She calls him Daddy and her bio dad by his first name.

so were you guys going to make a quilt together ? i was looking at pinterest and saw jean quilts LOL seen them before never have MADE one but i have a lot of old jeans i could never bring my self to throw out ya know the old saying use it up wear it out make it do or do without?? yeah i take that to heart most times(borderline hoarder or maybe not so borderline LOL) well and Ken and i both grew up HARD and have made it on way way less than our peers have it seems my Mommie grew up during the depression and i guess she rubbed off on me too
heck i was thinking i couldn't mess up too bad making a jean quilt LOL
i just gotta get to DOing something instead of just PLANNING!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #126

google mary's cupboard ( marysgonecrackers) organic gluten free cookies i am not sure about the price but every kid needs a cookie sometime!
i am looking for you some recipes so it would n't be so expensive do you have a kindle?? or a kindle app on your computer?(that is a free download) they ofetn have free gluten free recipe books
Old 07-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #127

not low carb!

Quote:
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Grain Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Primal)
I tested these with both butter and coconut oil and our family preferred the butter. To make these into GAPS legal cookies, simply omit the chocolate chips and add in some mix-ins of your own.
Adapted from Elana’s Pantry.
Makes twelve 3 – inch cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (I prefer Bernard Jensen)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil), melted
1/4 cup honey (I prefer a light honey like clover)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or dark organic chocolate, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF and adjust rack to middle position. Place almond flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda and sea salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together. Whisk butter, honey and vanilla in a large measuring cup and pour into dry mixture. Stir until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a 2” cookie scoop, scoop the dough and place each dough ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press each dough ball down so the diameter of the cookie is now 3”. Bake for 12 minutes until just golden brown on the edges. Cool for 5 minutes. Serve.

since these use nut flours a little at a time would probably be best
oh man who doesn't love butter honey and vanilla?/ these are not low carb!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #128

31 Gluten Free Cookies (Gluten Free Desserts)

Gluten Free Recipes Vol 2: The Ultimate Collection - Over 100 Recipes

Low Carb Living: The Low Carb, Gluten Free Diet - Neo Paleo Diet Handbook

30 Gluten Free Meals - Tasty Gluten Free Dinner Recipes To Try Tonight
31 Quick & Easy Vegetarian Gluten Free Noodle Meals For Busy Women

are all free for kindle or kindle for PC today
now free ones don't stay free for long!! if it doesn't still say 0.00 on the price i wouldn't get them make sure to look!(i have over 1100 kindle books and have not bought ANY of them LOL)
and check your library gluten free recipes books should be there too
Old 07-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #129

and hey i am snagging this one!

40 Top Paleo Recipes - Quick and Easy Paleo Diet Recipes For Weight Loss
free today i will see if those work with low carb!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #130

CO01. Chocolate-Coated Chocolate Cookies (Raw) Stir some cacao nibs into the cookie dough to make these a triple-chocolate treat. Preparation time: 20 minutes (plus 30 minutes to set); Cooking time: N/ A; Makes 10 servings Each cookie contains about 130 calories as well as 8 grams fat, 2.5 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar, 11 grams carbohydrates, and 3 grams

Ingredients 35g (1/ 4 cup) almond flour 3 Tbsp coconut flakes 70g (1/ 2 cup) soaked cashews, drained well

35g (1/ 4 cup) macadamia nuts 2 Tbsp raw sugar 3 Tbsp cacao 5 dates Dash of Himalayan crystal salt 3 Tbsp Simple Chocolate Sauce Method Place everything but the chocolate sauce in a food processor and process until a dough forms. Form the dough into cookies and place on a parchment paper-lined plate. Freeze for 10 minutes to set. Remove from the freezer and drizzle or spoon chocolate sauce onto each cookie. Re-freeze for at least 20 minutes to set.

Malczewski, Pawel (2013-05-02). 31 Gluten Free Cookies (Gluten Free Desserts)
Old 07-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Wow!!! You got busy on that! I don't have a Kindle and am lucky to have a laptop. LOL Don't know how to get free books. I know you think I'm as dumb as dirt. When it comes to technology; I am. Finally can upload pics at least!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #132

no i don't! if you want one google kindle for pc it is free and works well gives you an ereader on your computer handy for recipes and stuff i don't do regular reading on the computer jurts my eyes but is much better than my kindle for recipes
Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks. I'll do that.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Hey guys!!! Sorry I have been gone for so long The holiday kept me busy! I work full time as a Shift Supervisor at Starbucks so we were crazy the past couple days
I am from Wisconsin...my tourist town is Wisconsin Dells. There are a million websites if anyone wants to check it out lol
Food is going good the last couple days. Giving myself a bit of a pass (even though it is ill advised I know) because of the holiday and my birthday. Its on Sunday, but we are doing stuff all weekend cuz I work on Sunday. So I have been trying to stick to one "free" meal a day for my celebratory days Gets me through the day.
Glad to hear everyone had a good 4th!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
well I decided to take an off plan meal yesterday. After nine weeks of building it up in my mind it was quite a let down, but the dessert was great. Starting back today, back on track, still stalled been bouncing back and forth between 300ish to 306, yet to see it fall to 299. I was working towards a goal for the end of august. We are headed to universal studios in orlando, with my wifes entire family, this will be the first complete family vacation with all the kids and grandparents, greatgrandparents and more than likely the only one. I was really looking forward to riding everything without issue. mostly what I have read you need to be at least a 46 waist to ride the roller coasters and somewhere in the range of 260 pounds. I was on track to get close to that. but with this 2 week stall there isnt anyway I can lose another 40 pounds in 5 weeks. Im gonna stay on track and start my 30 min a day workout plan for the next 5 weeks. hopefully I can work hard and get another 20 pounds off so I can enjoy some of the rides instead of paying 200$ to walk all day on hot blacktop and watch everyone else have fun!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Saturday morning!
Chris...just get right back on track and who knows what can happen before the end of August!!! What a wonderful sounding vacation!!
Beara....I want to come live in your town!!!! OMG....I could be in with it all. On top of it all you work at a Starbucks!!! YUMMMM I can smell the coffee now! Do you smell like coffee when you come home? Yrs. ago we owned a donut shop and when hubs would come home he smelled just like donuts!!
Deb....the GF cookie recipe looks yummy! I need to read up on GF recipes. Our son and DIL are doing the Paleo way of eating. It is going well for our son.
Hi to everyone!!!!! How did the holiday go for everyone?
I think I managed the eating very well!! Last evening there were all kinds of desserts at the party but I knew I had a Greek lemon yogurt here I had promised myself if I stayed out of the sweets at the party. Hopefully come Monday when I weigh again I will have a loss. A loss after a big holiday weekend would be great!!!
B-2 eggs, 3 bacons
S-Big glass of water with a piece of cold watermelon in it. You get to eat the melon after drinking all the water!! I really enjoyed the taste of the water also!
L-Salad with turkey
S-Iced coffee
D-turkey burger on a homemade No carb bun with veggies on the side
S-Maybe a LC malt made from Almond milk
Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, everyone! I was up 1 lb. on the scale for no reason that I know of! These are the things that make me crazy. I have not eaten off plan 1 time since beginning. Aggravating! Made a Seven Layer Salad last night to have today. DH will grill us something to go with it. B was 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty and coffee w/half&half.
The Sprint Cup Race is tonight so we'll be watching it (and I'll prob. be on here some.)

Chris- Don't just think pounds; remember inches lost will count too. The inches may surpass the pounds!!

Beara- Glad you're back!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Deb- Are you still asleep?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- Are you lurking? Are you feeling bad? Come talk to me!!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
[QUOTE=Oksue;16502328]Good Saturday morning!
Beara....I want to come live in your town!!!! OMG....I could be in with it all. On top of it all you work at a Starbucks!!! YUMMMM I can smell the coffee now! Do you smell like coffee when you come home? Yrs. ago we owned a donut shop and when hubs would come home he smelled just like donuts!! [QUOTE]
Yes. Yes I do smell like coffee lol My roommate loves it! I don't smell the yummy coffee smell though, I only smell work. Sometimes if I leave my purse in the car and come back though the whole car smells like coffee! lol and that's pretty cool.
I think a donut shop would have been harder....so delicious! lol

Last edited by Beara; 07-06-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 07-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beara View Post
Hey guys!!! Sorry I have been gone for so long The holiday kept me busy! I work full time as a Shift Supervisor at Starbucks so we were crazy the past couple days
I am from Wisconsin...my tourist town is Wisconsin Dells. There are a million websites if anyone wants to check it out lol
Food is going good the last couple days. Giving myself a bit of a pass (even though it is ill advised I know) because of the holiday and my birthday. Its on Sunday, but we are doing stuff all weekend cuz I work on Sunday. So I have been trying to stick to one "free" meal a day for my celebratory days Gets me through the day.
Glad to hear everyone had a good 4th!
HOWDY!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
well I decided to take an off plan meal yesterday. After nine weeks of building it up in my mind it was quite a let down, but the dessert was great. Starting back today, back on track, still stalled been bouncing back and forth between 300ish to 306, yet to see it fall to 299. I was working towards a goal for the end of august. We are headed to universal studios in orlando, with my wifes entire family, this will be the first complete family vacation with all the kids and grandparents, greatgrandparents and more than likely the only one. I was really looking forward to riding everything without issue. mostly what I have read you need to be at least a 46 waist to ride the roller coasters and somewhere in the range of 260 pounds. I was on track to get close to that. but with this 2 week stall there isnt anyway I can lose another 40 pounds in 5 weeks. Im gonna stay on track and start my 30 min a day workout plan for the next 5 weeks. hopefully I can work hard and get another 20 pounds off so I can enjoy some of the rides instead of paying 200$ to walk all day on hot blacktop and watch everyone else have fun!
universal studios is great we went thanksgivng 2011 my DS couldn't ride the Hogwarts castle or the big green one (hulk maybe) but could do about everything else i probably could have (and i really wanted to go on the harry potter one) but i wouldn't leave him i did go on the rock and roll one without him and they squished me into it! lol but the spiderman ride was awesome and MIB the TWISTER one is not worth going in for you stand up and have some wind and water blow on ya do not waste your time are you going to both parks or just one? the jurassic park one was good and you will get wet i highly recommend getting the meal plan and the drink cup that goes with it(make sure it is the right one we ended up buying 2)
PRACTICE your walking a lot that will help more than anything LOL i liked dr suess world and the cartoon area too i rode the cat in the hat ride LOL(and nope no little kids)

here is a link to one of my albums of pictures from that trip oh and the three broomsticks?/ nice but not really worth the wait
https://www.facebook.com/debbie.ever...1304469&type=3
Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #143

Quote:
Deb- Are you still asleep?
i ran to town to get the backing for the baby quilt sigh gotta call Una B sometime and see about starting on it used coupons on some stuf and the checkout girl wrote down the wrong one soo ended up costing me 3 bucks it is over 15 miles away soo i didn't go back but it annoys me really especailly with things so tight

got the copy of kens VA med records(Why did they not send a cd with it on it???? PAPER COPY HEAVY!) UGH no one mentioned the left frontal osteoma which could be causing headaches and bulging disks in his cervical spine which could also be doing it! NO ONE Mentioned either of these things IDK all of this driving me crazy he is getting soo worn out from the constant pain and when the big ones happen it is taking longer and longer for him to come back to himself
Old 07-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #144

this shows the drink cups for the meal deals that are free refills

they could be different colors now or something just if you get the meal deals make sure the cups say it too
Old 07-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Deb- I hate it too when you go to the time and effort to find sales, cut coupons ,etc... and then you don't get the benefit of them. I am a coupon woman. I tell DH all the time that he can't have something until we get a coupon for it! LOL
You are just a wealth of information on everything!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #146

i have no life outside of the internet LOL

sigh i had a free coupon for some men's hair dye and figured hey free i can use that even if it is for guys but she put the price of the water 4 something in instead of the dye 7 something and i didn't notice it until i got home i am soo crazy but i had ken with me and it is rougher to go to the store with him now ya know?? still cheaper than i would hav e gotten it but still makes me grrr! what ya doing today?
Old 07-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My husband, Smitty, in trditional Cherokee clothes.
Oh my! I do like Cherokee men. I like their features. Handsome hubby!!

Last edited by Oksue; 07-06-2013 at 04:55 PM..
Old 07-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My daughter ,Shana. She is in a motorized wheelchair. She lives on her own with 2 five hour shift nurses. She handles her own finances (by computer) and lives a very full life. She lives about 20 minutes away!
You must be SO proud of her and rightfully so!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #149

HOWDY SUE how are the grandbabies?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Deb....they are just as sweet as ever!! LOL
Oh...I want to go get a picture of Eli's quilt that
DD had made from his bibs, clothing, etc.
I'll try to post it here.
Closed Thread