Old 07-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
omg, who is the walking machine now! 17,060 steps! Wow! Wow! Wow! You are kicking butt!

Come on sweetness and dance with me! You are still way ahead of me on the fitbit race so

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #782

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
OK, I'm in the 9,600s right now, should easily get to 10,000 by the time I go to bed.

Wish my Vanilla didn't bark her head off at every human she meets or I could go walk her in the neighboring park and get some of my steps in that way. She is an ornery old grandma, though, has been this barky since we adopted her years ago.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #783

Quote:
OK, I'm in the 9,600s right now, should easily get to 10,000 by the time I go to bed.

Wish my Vanilla didn't bark her head off at every human she meets or I could go walk her in the neighboring park and get some of my steps in that way. She is an ornery old grandma, though, has been this barky since we adopted her years ago.
Awww that stinks. Fred likes his walks, but after mile two he is ready for a nap. LOL
Old 07-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Come on sweetness and dance with me! You are still way ahead of me on the fitbit race so
Oh well, you should catch up and kick my butt in a couple of days. It's a last 7 days ranking.

I'm going to be aiming at 10,000 and not higher right now because my fluffy figure makes it difficult to move more than that.

However, I must admit, I am super happy that I have stuck with a movement program for almost 3 weeks now and I have walked every single day.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #785

Quote:
Oh well, you should catch up and kick my butt in a couple of days. It's a last 7 days ranking.

I'm going to be aiming at 10,000 and not higher right now because my fluffy figure makes it difficult to move more than that.

However, I must admit, I am super happy that I have stuck with a movement program for almost 3 weeks now and I have walked every single day.
And that is the most important thing. Do it and do it again and again.....lather rinse repeat!

You seriously inspire me. Thank you for that
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #786

Quote:
Awww that stinks. Fred likes his walks, but after mile two he is ready for a nap. LOL
You, and everyone else who walks should come join us at the walking thread:
~*~ Target 10,000 Steps a Day, Everyone is Welcome ~*~
Old 07-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #787

Quote:
And that is the most important thing. Do it and do it again and again.....lather rinse repeat!

You seriously inspire me. Thank you for that
And you inspire me
Old 07-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #788

Annett, so glad the mini quiches turned out great. Yeah, they're easy to make and are a great LC meal on the go.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Y'all are so out of my league in walking. No way I'm going to post my measly steps on a walking thread!! I'm just trying to get over a mile today to beat yesterday's count.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

My FitBit probably thinks someone took the battery out! LOL
Old 07-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Y'all are so out of my league in walking. No way I'm going to post my measly steps on a walking thread!! I'm just trying to get over a mile today to beat yesterday's count.
Jan, you should be very PROUD of your steps. Every bit of movement counts!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Honey, everyone starts small and builds up over time. You should be proud of what you have accomplished and I will be looking forward to seeing you on the walking thread. If your goal is 2,000 or 3,000 steps a day, that's totally great and everyone will celebrate it.

Everyone with any kind of goal is welcome to join us. I created it for that purpose.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #793
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
So I was reading about the fitbit. Seems like lots of people have them here. Does it really work that well?? I'm definitely not in a position at the moment to buy that but maybe in a few months if you all thinks its worth it.
I never did get my pedometer to open. Its like it refuses to open or something...IDK?

Well dinner is made for Abby...green beans, corn and mac n cheese that I added a can of chicken too. 100% from the food box....should have enough to make a lunch out of it tomorrow. I also threw in some brats that I found in the freezer in the oven and I will have some of those with the left over spinach I have....maybe I'll have some of the green beans too. Then I'll throw in another batch of eggs for mini quiches to put away in the fridge for breakfast for the next few days. and HEY! It looks like I may be starting to do better with my anxiety in the kitchen.

Well, I better go..... I'll check in again later

>>Annett
Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Ok just peeked at the fitbit and I am at 17,060 8.59 miles. Ugh I am beat. Now the big question is, can I do this tomorrow?
Lony - very impressive - now - what in the world are you doing to make that many miles? Have you been working up to this? For how long. I have to say - when you go camping - you do it up right - 3 rooms. Congrats on Mike making supervisor. Making chili dogs I'm thinking? I do think I'm worn out - just reading that 8.59 miles.................
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Lony - very impressive - now - what in the world are you doing to make that many miles? Have you been working up to this? For how long. I have to say - when you go camping - you do it up right - 3 rooms. Congrats on Mike making supervisor. Making chili dogs I'm thinking? I do think I'm worn out - just reading that 8.59 miles.................
I am just walking, sometimes fast, mostly slow. The palates that I have had to do has really tightened my core and walking does not hurt as bad because I am getting some tone in my hanging belly.

Actually he is not going to be home till about 11 so I am going to make some Salisbury steak for him. Mine will be minus gravy and I will add rice for him and broccoli and cheese sauce.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #796

Lony, the food sounds delicious! Love broccoli with cheese. Maybe I should try Pilates, too, definitely need core strengthening. I have one ab, and it's not flat for sure, just the opposite.

Hi Linda
Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Well just came back to say good night all

I read about some of you walking 9600+ steps.. WOW!!!!! I wish my pedometer wasn't so hard to figure out. Its a piece of plastic after all. LOL

I did make my second round of mini quiches tonight but I had soooo much fun on my online game, that I totally forgot about them til about 2 hours later and they were ....well...tooo well done LOL.. Oh well. I was actually laughing hard for the first time...so that's ok!

Good Night All

...Annett
Old 07-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #798

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Boy, glad that family dinner is over and we are free for 2 whole days. MIL was trying to blame my dh in the argument from Monday. Both he and I said no way, he wasn't involved. I think she might be losing her marbles. Oh well, guess that's family drama.

It's foggy and cool although super humid. Supposed to get sunny this afternoon. I'm not sure what I want to do today. I really have stuff I "should" be doing like organizing my closet, purging some more too big clothes but not sure I feel like that.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone.

Chewie... sorry to read that your MIL was causing troubles. But yay...2 days of being free of that..woohooo.

My Mom likes to involve herself in a lot of my stuff as well. I found a job I liked that I think I would do well in...ft + benefits ...the only drawback was I would need to commute into portland, which can be 45 min easily. She was like..no you can't do that....too far...and lastly why would you want to do that?
That job was for ft receptionist at Avamere (elderly retirement facility). Benefits included paid medical, dental, paid vacation, paid wellness program, and id theft protection. Anyway she got all over into that so I didn't apply...but I think I should have...I don't have Any benefits right now.
And I still have to go visit my parents every Sunday for my weekly grilling.....don't get me wrong....I love them but often I feel like I can't breathe and I can't do what I want to do because they will always be there to judge it. I've been thinking about moving just a bit further away....but right now, financially that is just not in the cards.

Anyway...off to the shower and then the park w my Abby. I'll be back later. I hope you all have a great Saturday...

...Annett.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!!
Lost 1/2 lb.Yay! I have lost 22lbs my first 2 months of LC eating!
Going to my great niece's Going Away Party for college today at a pizza shop. It's given by my sister(her gran) and she made sure they have a skillet pizza for us. No crust. We'll have that and salad so we'll be fine! Thank goodness she started this WOE with me.

Eliza- I didn't know you started the walking thread! Yay! I'll look it up then. I walked 1.28 miles yesterday! WooHoo! Beat the day before again. Now, I really have to work today.

Annett- So glad you're more upbeat! Happy for you.

Lony- Tell me how to get tone in my BIG hanging belly! LOL

Chewie- Happy you have the weekend off! I just don't see how you take it every week!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #801

Hurray for 22 pounds!!! That is amazing!

LOL well Jan, the one that is helping the most goes like this:

*Lay on your back with your knees bent.
*Suck in your tummy and tilt your pelvis forward.
*Now roll your back up off the floor slowly until your back is off the table and you are resting on your shoulder blades. Hold for 10 seconds
*Now you slowly lift your right leg up off the table without dropping your pelvis. Hold for 5 seconds
*Repeat with left leg
*Slowly allow your back to roll back onto the table, relax pelvis and breathe deep.

Repeat 5 times, working up to 10

(I say table because that is what I do them on. It could be floor, bed, couch whatever)

Last edited by Lony; 07-27-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #802

Good morning,
10:30 and I barely woke up. I have to learn to go to bed at 10, not 1!. Then my dog was barking and woke me up, then I couldn't get back to sleep.....it was a mess I tell ya.

Chews, sounds like your MIL is definitely losing her marbles. I'm sorry you have to put up with her irrational behavior. You're doing your duty to her, but I wouldn't take seriously anything she says or does.

Jan, you go girl! You don't have to walk miles and miles to belong to the walking thread. Everyone is welcome and we would love to have you there.

Annett, I hear you re: parents intervening, especially Mom. You are much younger than I, but a while ago I learned to listen, nod, then do what I think is best for my situation. Without being rude or fighting. They are doing it out of true desire to help, but don't always see what you see. I would definitely apply for the job with benefits if it's not too late. A bit of extra commute will be totally worth it to you and your kiddos.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #803

Jan, congratulations on the 22 lbs lost!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #804

Heya Lonykins!

Time to get out of bed and procure some much needed coffee.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #805

Quote:
Heya Lonykins!

Time to get out of bed and procure some much needed coffee.
You ran out of coffee?!?!?!?!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #806

Quote:
You ran out of coffee?!?!?!?!
Hahaha, no! I just need to go through the mountains and fight grizzly bears to get to my coffee maker. Got some Costco coffee last time but somehow it tastes bitter to me.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #807
Senior LCF Member

Hey.

I was going to see if the post is still up for that job...we'll see.

There is a parade @10. My daughter doesn't know. Not sure if we should go. We just saw a parade last month. Nah maybe I'll just stick with the park...less people...

Going to make another batch of mini quiches today since I burnt the ones from last night. Was laughing so much I forgot about them. Oopps.

Well I'll be back in a while...

...Annett
Old 07-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #808

Hi again. I made a big container of chicken salad with grapes, chicken tortilla soup and roasted some chicken breasts. See a theme here? LOL I had taken out some cooked chicken---that went in the soup, took the leftover sticky chicken and used it for the salad and had planned to make something with ckn breasts this week but it didn't happen so I just roasted them. Younger ds ate one breast already so only 3 left.

I went to the thrift store and got 2 tops and a pair of dress slacks for dh for work--all for 3.75. Then stopped and picked up some 22 ammo for ds, they called and said it had come in cause I was on a waiting list. Now home again and having some water. Sun is out now and it's so nice.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #809

We just got a big order of seafood!!! Woohoo. We got Maryland blue crabs (18), 2 lbs of jumbo shrimp and a dozen wings with hot sauce. I had bought a discount certificate and used it. Can't wait till later.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Hey

Well I am running a little behind today. Its now 1030 and I am going to be leaving for the park in a few minutes. Hopefully its not too hot yet.

I had to throw away my muffin pan...the one I over-cooked my mini quiches in - I couldn't get them out. That's ok though because I have another pan.... I just have to remember them and not let them bake for 2 hours! (OOOPS!).

I am still baffled by my pedo meter. I will take it to the park with me. Maybe I can figure it out there while Abby plays.

Chewie- looks like you've been BUSY!!! lol.. all that chicken. I never had crabs. There is a seafood place a few blocks away that's supposed to have really good prices and get things in on almost a daily schedule but I haven't been brave enough to go there and buy things to make at home and try

Well, I better go before its too hot.

Catch y'all later

>>>Annett

Last edited by couponkrazy2011; 07-27-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Closed Thread