Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Lol...so I am feeling stupid. This pedometer is driving me crazy. It'd digital and it closes so the screen is covered.....I cant figure out how to open this &%$#@$% thing Lol. I want to make sure its on and steps are reset to 0. Lol. I've been trying for like 13 minutes...how can this be sooo hard to open?..

Anyone else have the small digital pedometer from blue cross blue shield? Its black and has their logo on it....

Thanks...

.....Annett

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories!! Scale was same this morning so I've put down roots in Twoterville! Had a good time with my sister yesterday and ate right on plan!
Eliza- Those look so good. I am going to make some for sure. Thanks for the added tips on butter. Yummy!

Deb- On a Sat??? Yuck! That is just ridiculous!

Linda- 290 is quite a ways from me. I'm 299.5!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Annett- Things like that drive me crazy!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza- I walked a mile yesterday! Up from 1/2 mile the day before. Please, be proud of me!!?? You're my walking heroine!!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- The food sounds yummy!!! Bet those boys tore it up! Glad you're getting some much needed rain. Maybe it has finally left here and will stay with y'all a while. It wore out it's welcome here!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Hey

So I just got back from the park. She had loads of fun.
I couldn't get the pedometer to open - I even tried prying it open with a knife.
I'm gonna look online later see if any website is giving away a free pedometer....I'm sure someone out there is.

I am off to the kitchen to try making my 1st batch of mini quiches. Wish me luck!

And then back to the living room to get it cleaned up. I am aiming for "mostly cleaned up" today. That way if I don't make it all the way I won't feel bad. I hope I can keep the anxiety at bay today and I hope I won't come across any of his stuff today - or at least I shouldn't.

Well....I shall return

>>Annett
Old 07-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Bad news this morning.We just had the air fixed to the tune of $303 in DD van; got it back to her and the brakes went out. DH fixed front brakes which only cost us the parts,$89, and had the master cylinder replaced for $189. Now, she said the motorized lift won't close. I just checked internet for nearby places that work on lifts. We are about broke now! Dread to see the price on this. Before you ask, no, medicare nor medicaid pays anything on "LUXURIES" like a lift to get in a vehicle to go somewhere!!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #758
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
had washer going! on 3rd load!, dishwasher going and worked on the baby quilt some got green beans from the neighbors garden cooking in bacon grease! Ken had a bad night and now is napping on the couch hurts him to use the recliner anymore
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Well, at least you're getting things done. Sorry about Ken. Wish he could get some relief.
Found a place about 10 miles from DD apartment that works on van lifts. Whew. I guess we'll be going to get her van again. We've had it more than her for the last couple months.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Hi :hi:

So sorry to read that ken had a hard night .... hopefully soon things will be better.

I got my mini egg & cheese quiches in the oven. Does anyone know if I can freezer the finished quiches? I was thinking about using more eggs and making more and then freezing them with my food saver (if I still have bags) and then use them as a quickie breakfast when needed.

Dishwasher running - clothes washer running - Have several loads of each though still. I don't know how I have sooo many dishes especially with it being just my 5yr old and me (since her sister is in CA).

My garbage disposal may be broken. It makes a HORRIBLE sound....it works for a few second and then makes the most horrible sound but the bottom thing spins freely.
I guess another reason to get this house done so I can let my landlord know and have her fix it. GRRR.

Well, back to the living room to pick up more stuff.

>>>Annett
Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #761

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Bad news this morning.We just had the air fixed to the tune of $303 in DD van; got it back to her and the brakes went out. DH fixed front brakes which only cost us the parts,$89, and had the master cylinder replaced for $189. Now, she said the motorized lift won't close. I just checked internet for nearby places that work on lifts. We are about broke now! Dread to see the price on this. Before you ask, no, medicare nor medicaid pays anything on "LUXURIES" like a lift to get in a vehicle to go somewhere!!
That's terrible. So sorry. We just picked up our ds18's truck---had a major brake problem---cost $500!!! It always seems to cost $500 no matter what it is, if not more. GRRR
Old 07-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Made an appt. to take the van in Monday morning. Grrr. So sick of this and so is poor little DD!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Annett- Eliza said she freezes them by two's or three's in zip bags and then puts several of those in a gallon size zip bag. Great to take for lunch or eat as a snack!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #764

Quote:
Well, at least you're getting things done. Sorry about Ken. Wish he could get some relief.
Found a place about 10 miles from DD apartment that works on van lifts. Whew. I guess we'll be going to get her van again. We've had it more than her for the last couple months.
oh no is her lift not working?? can she drive it by herself
Old 07-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #765

Quote:
oh i missed this earlier DISREGARD PREVIOUS POST
Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #766

soo part of Steven's college books came today and the rental books are more than DOUBLE what my invoice when i ordered them says they cost! sooo no satisfaction calling EKU bookstore GRR i found them online one NEW for less than the rental and one used for less than the reantl and he can mark them up as much as he likes! i guess we will be taking a trip up to EKU monday and returning these! i would have returned them all i am soo mad BUT a few are EKU only editions UGH
the only reason i ordered through them anyways was because the rental was cheaper than elsewhere but they did the old bait and switch UGH and here 2 weeks before he leaves we did not need this stress!
HOPEFULLY those 2 books will get here in time ordered one from libris and one from textbooks
even B&N site had them both way cheaper than EKU(and tthey are a B&N bookstore) but i was too mad to use them
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #767
Senior LCF Member

So sorry to read about the lift troubles (Jan) and the book troubles (deb) -- That sucks. I hope everything turns out just fine.

I'm not doing so well with the cleaning and in fact I just want to go upstairs and go to bed. My 5yo is having such a big melt-down that its really just exhausting me.
We went to the park this morning and it was fine. Now I set up the kiddy pool and I told her to go play in it (in our fenced backyard and the pool is on the back porch) and she flipped out. I was just trying to send her out there for some water fun while I would try to get some cleaning done. She doesn't want to go - even though this morning that was all she talked about - but because I don't want to sit on my backporch she refuses to go and has been yelling at me and throwing stuff at me and saying that she wishes I was dead (WHOA). All because I was nice and set up a pool and then asked her to play a little by herself? I told her that was not ok - she just said she still wishes I were dead? What kind of 5yo kid wishes her Mom dead? Especially if I didn't do anything wrong?? I'm trying to just breathe and tell myself its just part of her father leaving me but.....it HURTS. I guess I'll have another topic for my counselor next week.

Well, I don't know what to do now but I am just exhausted at the moment.
I just want to go to sleep and wake up from this nightmare.

I'll be back later....
Old 07-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #768

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Eliza...what is the oven temp and time?...
Lynn, I bake them at 350 for about 10 min., but because every oven is different, to avoid rubbery eggs, I'll start checking them around min. 7-8 with a toothpick. May take longer than 10. This is for the baked whole eggs.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #769

Quote:
Eliza- I walked a mile yesterday! Up from 1/2 mile the day before. Please, be proud of me!!?? You're my walking heroine!!!!!
You go girl! Great job, young lady!

I am super extra proud of you!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #770

Quote:
So frustrating! Hope you find a place to fix the lift inexpensively.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #771

Deb, how frustrating with Steven's books! Hope you can fix the problem. Double is way too much to pay.

Annett, I'm so sorry to hear about your DD tantrum. Did she hear that at daycare? I'm sure she can't even comprehend what that means at 5 yo.....She just knows its a strong expression that can hurt a person's feelings.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #772

I did an hr on the treadmill and so far I have a bit over 6,000 steps. Gotta keep going.

Went to take care of my car inspection and sticker this morning. Here in TX, we are required to do the inspection yearly. I think up in WA it was every couple of years.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
So sorry to read about the lift troubles (Jan) and the book troubles (deb) -- That sucks. I hope everything turns out just fine.

I'm not doing so well with the cleaning and in fact I just want to go upstairs and go to bed. My 5yo is having such a big melt-down that its really just exhausting me.
We went to the park this morning and it was fine. Now I set up the kiddy pool and I told her to go play in it (in our fenced backyard and the pool is on the back porch) and she flipped out. I was just trying to send her out there for some water fun while I would try to get some cleaning done. She doesn't want to go - even though this morning that was all she talked about - but because I don't want to sit on my backporch she refuses to go and has been yelling at me and throwing stuff at me and saying that she wishes I was dead (WHOA). All because I was nice and set up a pool and then asked her to play a little by herself? I told her that was not ok - she just said she still wishes I were dead? What kind of 5yo kid wishes her Mom dead? Especially if I didn't do anything wrong?? I'm trying to just breathe and tell myself its just part of her father leaving me but.....it HURTS. I guess I'll have another topic for my counselor next week.

Well, I don't know what to do now but I am just exhausted at the moment.
I just want to go to sleep and wake up from this nightmare.

I'll be back later....
hon i don't know what to tell you to do but my little one would have had trouble sitting for a while and nap time to settle down would have been enforced but i was and still am a hard nose
Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Eliza! I'm at about a mile now so I'm going to make sure I get in over a mile!

Deb- I hate that kind of stuff! Why do people lie??

Annett- I'm sure it does have something to do with Dad being gone and her sister being gone with her Dad. You know she doesn't even know what it means. I do agree with Deb though in letting her know that it is not OK. Time out, take something away, etc.. Maybe put that pool away since it was the source of the tantrum..?? A few days of earning it back might help..???
Old 07-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow will be two months on LC. Can't wait to see what my 2 month loss will be.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #776

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I did an hr on the treadmill and so far I have a bit over 6,000 steps. Gotta keep going.

Went to take care of my car inspection and sticker this morning. Here in TX, we are required to do the inspection yearly. I think up in WA it was every couple of years.
Keep Moving you walking machine! I am so proud of you!

Jan you are doing awesome too!!

LOL I have had the fitbit on all day and I am afraid to look! I have been walking all day and moving my tookus. Mike will be home tonight and it looks like he will be home for the weekend. I had to head to the grocery and get some food to cook for him.

Last edited by Lony; 07-26-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Old 07-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #777

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Ok just peeked at the fitbit and I am at 17,060 8.59 miles. Ugh I am beat. Now the big question is, can I do this tomorrow?
Old 07-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

I don't know either. I just know her tantrum exhausted me and I went a took a nap.
She was getting mad about that because she didn't want to be by herself (since she has no sister to play with at the moment) and decided to lay down too. So, we both ended up taking a nap til almost 5 (ooops!). That's a little longer than I wanted to but I was just tired. She seems in a better mood now. After we got back up she did apologize on her own about what she said so that's good.
I'm not sure how to combat her tantrums...the other day I was on the phone with my Mom and my little Abby just kept yelling "ice cream" over and over and over because she wanted ice cream. I didn't have any. I had popsicles in the freezer ....so the ice cream fit continued. I just ignored it and my mom was like "don't you have to go?" I just said no, and that I couldn't give any attention to that behaviour. I get so exhausted dealing with these tantrums that I literally start falling asleep afterward. lol

Anyway - first batch of mini quiches was great Then I remembered I still have some sausages in the freezer in the garage so I will make another batch with egg/sausage and whatever else I can find. Thanks for the idea with that Eliza. Its perfect because its really quick to put together and just throw in the oven

Well I am going to go make dinner and another batch of those. I'll be back later

>>Annett
Old 07-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Ok just peeked at the fitbit and I am at 17,060 8.59 miles. Ugh I am beat. Now the big question is, can I do this tomorrow?
omg, who is the walking machine now! 17,060 steps! Wow! Wow! Wow! You are kicking butt!

Old 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #780

Quote:
Tomorrow will be two months on LC. Can't wait to see what my 2 month loss will be.
Looking forward to finding out. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Closed Thread