Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #721
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
wowowo!! i am soo happy for you annett i could EASILY use those 60 eggs by then YUMMO! i can't believe you got milk and eggs! i would love the salmon too! hopefully that will help you out!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
linda sue has some wonderful egg & quiche recipes on her site

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Meatless Recipes
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #723

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Hey all.

Congratz on all the weightloss...you all are doing AWESOME.

I made it to the food bank....and it was a very quick in and out because there was no line.
I just went throught the box they gave me.
I got some pasta, rice, kettle chips, milk, eggs, bread, soups, canned veg, frozen meat and a jar of peanut butter. Oh ya and a can of pink salmon....that no one will eat so I will donate it back when I go back.

I just looked over to the car next to me.....its running...no adult in sight but a baby in the car?????????? Are they crazy?.......

Anyway, I got a whole flat of eggs ....60!!!!!!!!! Use by aug 5th. Ok so I guess egg salad, eggs over easy, scrambled eggs here I come..... any of you have any good egg recipes? I'm gonna have to look and see what else there is. Right now with my 12 yo in cali its just me and my little 5yr old...that's a lot of eggs!

Well back to work I go! Forgot my pedometer today...rushed out the door and left it there but that's ok. I'll get it on me tomorrow.
Whew...that parent just got back to their car...so I can leave and not feel guilty...

See you later.

.....Annett
Quiche---frittatas---look up if you can freeze eggs????? I'm glad they gave you some help. BTW, I love eggs.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I've never tried it, but I believe you can freeze eggs. Also, they are good for much longer than the expiration shows. My little ones love deviled eggs. I even made pastel deviled eggs for Easter.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #725

well it may be lonely here but it is never boring i reckon
about 1 pm this afternoon at kenny's work a tear gas canister was mixed in with the electronics they recycle and EXPLODED two guys were thrown across the room by the blast good grief kenny was fine he was far away from it BUT he had to be decontaminated and e DID not like that one bit te 5 stage shower ya know?

kenny was describing it and Ken was laughing at him cause he as been through it soo many times we were relieved Kenny was ok and couldn't help but laugh at his description of the decontamination shower
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 07-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #726

ok this one is labeled "WORKERS NOT EXPOSED" but Kenny is the dude in the need of a shave and in the red-ish shirt soo these are part of the ones exposed

their lovely yellow POST shower outfits

Recycler evacuated after worker opens tear gas canister
Old 07-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Fluff- Thanks. I'm not a person who loves exercise. Walking, I can do.
Eliza- So far today , Twoterville has been beautiful. Just as I suspected. Sunny, but not too sunny. Warm, but not too warm. Breezy, but not too breezy. Ahhhhhhhhh.
Deb- I almost cried when I weighed this morning. I don't know if it will stick tomorrow but I have certainly enjoyed today! Sorry about you going to mow. It was 91 here when my sister and I went to lunch.
chewie- Your fans will be so nice. I have that kind in my living room. I have a beach theme and palm trees in my house. When we moved here 4 years ago, I told my DH that if we couldn't afford a beach house I would make it look like one on the inside. Styles may come and go, but we'll be living in our fake beach house!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #728

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Deb, So glad Kenny and his coworkers are OK. Scary stuff.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- Wow! You are doing great! Give us some pics!

Annett- Happy you got stuff from the food bank. Try some more. Hey, you need it right now. How about mash the salmon with a fork, put in 1 egg(if you have any..LOL) and crushed pork rinds. Make patties and fry. Be sure to crush all the bones with fork. They are healthy for you and just make the salmon more nutritious.

Deb- Sure am glad that Kenny is OK. That sounds awful.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #730

Jan, enjoy Twoterville, wonderful lady. Maybe that's where your lovely beach house is.

Annett, yay! Glad you got some groceries. One thing with eggs that I freeze is mini quiches (crustless) that I make in my cupcake tins.

Another thing I do is oil the tin cups, crack an egg in, throw in any other LC stuff I have, and bake in the oven. They freeze well. To save freezer bags, I portion 2-3 at a time in sandwich bags, seal those, then put all the sandwich bags into a gallon freezer bag in the freezer. Easy to grab on your way to work, and they're thawed out before lunchtime rolls around. A great LC breakfast, lunch, snack.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Old 07-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Ohhh, Eliza, that sounds yummy! Do you break the yolk? Stuff like onions, pepper, mushrooms, meats etc.?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Ohhh, Eliza, that sounds yummy! Do you break the yolk? Stuff like onions, pepper, mushrooms, meats etc.?
Jan, there are endless variations. I do not break the yolk. Sometimes I put 1/2 piece of bacon around the cup first and crack the egg in. I like throwing in cheese, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, whatever I have on hand. Season to taste. But you can throw in whatever you like, even greens:
before

after

Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey Everyone

I got home early. They let me go 1 hr early because it was slow.

Yes, the food is pretty nice. I just saw there were 2 bags of kettle chips too. 14 net carbs a serving...but maybe if I have a 1/2 serving?
Some of the soups are just too high in carbs for me but I'm sure my kids will eat them.

Thanks for the ideas and link for the eggs. I like eggs...I forgot about deviled eggs :yum: And I'll look at the link after dinner.

I hope ya'll had a good day. The food bank person there said I could come back every Thursday if I need it so that is great I even got a small sack of potatoes which is nice because the kids like baked potatoes.

My little 5yo jumped for joy when there was spaghetti noodles in that box. We haven't had spagetti noodles in our house since I started LC in March. So I am making that for dinner...for myself I'm just gonna go real easy on the noodles and plate them on a ton of spinach leaves and have maybe some green beans too. I gain weight off pasta so easily I have to be careful - that's why LC works for me - no pasta/bread and I lose weight.

Well I should go...the noodles are cooking!

See ya'll later

>>>Annett
Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Oh I just saw the mini quiches !!! YUM!!!!
Do you just spray the pan with a non-stick spray???

Thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
How are my favorite people in the whole wide world doing? I hope everyone is well.

Things have been super busy around here. Once the snow melts we come out of hibernation like bears. hehe Camping, fishing, hiking....

I had some back issues. Found out I have degeneration in some of my lower disks. Blah to that. I have been doing physical therapy . Yoga and palates. It has helped a lot and it is firming muscles I never even knew I had.

I am going to try to catch up and come in more often. Sending lots of hugs and happy glitter.
LONY'S BACK, LONY'S BACK...............Hi Lony. What a nice surprise to see your pretty picture on here again. So, you're gonna stay a Wyoming gal? Still thinking about a little acreage? Sorry to hear you are having back issues. I do not like PT at all - doc is pushing me to go for my sciatica..........glad to hear it's helping you. I just don't wanna go..............

How are the grandbabies? Got any new pictures? Mike still liking his job? Still liking those chili dogs? Lots of camping, fishing and hiking - I like to watch all of that - but - I'm a Motel 6 gal myself...........well - Hilton would be even better, but finances being what they are, sigh.

Linda
Old 07-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Everyone

I got home early. They let me go 1 hr early because it was slow.

Yes, the food is pretty nice. I just saw there were 2 bags of kettle chips too. 14 net carbs a serving...but maybe if I have a 1/2 serving?
Some of the soups are just too high in carbs for me but I'm sure my kids will eat them.

Thanks for the ideas and link for the eggs. I like eggs...I forgot about deviled eggs :yum: And I'll look at the link after dinner.

I hope ya'll had a good day. The food bank person there said I could come back every Thursday if I need it so that is great I even got a small sack of potatoes which is nice because the kids like baked potatoes.

My little 5yo jumped for joy when there was spaghetti noodles in that box. We haven't had spagetti noodles in our house since I started LC in March. So I am making that for dinner...for myself I'm just gonna go real easy on the noodles and plate them on a ton of spinach leaves and have maybe some green beans too. I gain weight off pasta so easily I have to be careful - that's why LC works for me - no pasta/bread and I lose weight.

Well I should go...the noodles are cooking!

See ya'll later

>>>Annett
I just made a dozen pickled eggs............forgot how good they are.

Omelets with cheese and ham are also a kid friendly dish.

Egg drop soup?

Or just a good old fashioned egg sandwich - another kid friendly dish.

Linda
Old 07-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
well it may be lonely here but it is never boring i reckon
about 1 pm this afternoon at kenny's work a tear gas canister was mixed in with the electronics they recycle and EXPLODED two guys were thrown across the room by the blast good grief kenny was fine he was far away from it BUT he had to be decontaminated and e DID not like that one bit te 5 stage shower ya know?

kenny was describing it and Ken was laughing at him cause he as been through it soo many times we were relieved Kenny was ok and couldn't help but laugh at his description of the decontamination shower
Deb - So glad that Kenny is ok. What a scare. When are you going to post some more pictures of Molly's quilt? The bassinet is beautiful. You always manage to find the neatest things - whether it's blow molds and now all these things for the new grandbaby.

Linda
Old 07-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Fluff- Thanks. I'm not a person who loves exercise. Walking, I can do.
Eliza- So far today , Twoterville has been beautiful. Just as I suspected. Sunny, but not too sunny. Warm, but not too warm. Breezy, but not too breezy. Ahhhhhhhhh.
Deb- I almost cried when I weighed this morning. I don't know if it will stick tomorrow but I have certainly enjoyed today! Sorry about you going to mow. It was 91 here when my sister and I went to lunch.
chewie- Your fans will be so nice. I have that kind in my living room. I have a beach theme and palm trees in my house. When we moved here 4 years ago, I told my DH that if we couldn't afford a beach house I would make it look like one on the inside. Styles may come and go, but we'll be living in our fake beach house!
You give me hope Jan - I'm shooting for twoterville..........still a ways to go - but I'm keeping on plan. Good for you - I really have my sights set on 290 - don't know exactly why - maybe cause it's 10 less than the dreaded 300........just looks better? In my mind anyway. Love the idea of a beach theme in your house. Sounds so nice and relaxing.

Linda
Old 07-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #739

howdy linda! thanks! lol prowling the vendors malls and thrift stores! but they never have the blowmolds! the 127 world's longest yard sale is next week SIGH we most likely won't even get to go for a little while Ken has a social security evaluation appointment on that saturday anyways crazy on a sat!

how is everything with you?? are you feeling better?/ any news on moving? hope your son and grandpups are still doing good!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Done with my 10,000 steps for today. I have walked over 62 miles this month, and I didn't even start till the 8th. And 62.2 miles is 100.1 kilometers. Not shabby for a fattie.
Eliza - you are really on a roll lady - great job. Gonna have some great looking legs you keep this up. lol - not that you don't now. I don't think I would know what to do if I had great legs - mine are more in the shape of tree trunks. Keep it up - it's great to see all those steps you are posting.

Linda
Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. It's Thursday and was only 71 when I got up today. That's awesome. Dh installed 2 ceiling fans on our covered front porch yesterday. Took him 6 hours but they look so nice. The blades look like big leaves and no lights. We sat on the porch swing for a while admiring them last night.

Made steak fajitas last night. Yum. Today we're taking the boys to happy hour---not for drinks but this seafood place offers all their appetizers for half price during happy hour---4:00-6:00 pm so we'll get a bunch of yummy stuff.
I love those places with the 1/2 off appetizers. You can try so many goodies and at a great savings. With your 2 big eaters - and dh - you're really going to save some money. 93 lb gone..........that is just terrific.

Linda
Old 07-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #742

Quote:
Oh I just saw the mini quiches !!! YUM!!!!
Do you just spray the pan with a non-stick spray???

Thanks
i rub the sides with a stick of butter because I'm trying to eat more fat...I also throw about a tsp of butter on top of each egg, much yummier that way .
Old 07-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #743

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Eliza - you are really on a roll lady - great job. Gonna have some great looking legs you keep this up. lol - not that you don't now. I don't think I would know what to do if I had great legs - mine are more in the shape of tree trunks. Keep it up - it's great to see all those steps you are posting.

Linda
lolololol Linda, I don't know if I'll ever have great legs, but thanks so much for the motivation, friend As long as they are healthy and can carry me around, I'd be happy. Now having them slimmer would be nice.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #744

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good Evening Sunshines!! It looks like everyone is on a roll today.

Chewie and Jan Congratulations on the weight loss that is GREAT!

Deb, I am glad Kenny is ok.

Annette I am glad you kids are getting their noodles. LOL

Miss Linda!! How are things going with you my dearest? Yes I am still a Wyoming Gal. LOL Mike is still working in the oil fields and he just got promoted to supervisor this week. You would love to go camping with us, we have raised air beds, toilets, showers the whole nine yards. Our ten has three big rooms that Mike can stand in and he is 6' 3".

The Grandbabies are good, growing like weeds. The DD is not the best photographer so all the pictures I get are really blurry.

Eliza you have inspired me! I got 10,400 something steps today. I wanted to be lazy but then I remembered that I wanted to be just like Eliza when I grow up!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #745

haha, Lony.....I'm not that old I'm done with the walking, too, 9,323 steps, a few more before bed.

Feel like having some almond flower pancakes tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 07-25-2013 at 09:17 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone

Abby sure loved her spaghetti LOL.

I'm glad to read that Kenny was ok... whew! That's scary!!

So I am off Fri, Sat, Sun. So my project for Friday is to clean the living room, Saturday both bathrooms, and sunday to do nothing!

I am still having mental-blocks on cleaning when the anxiety kicks in its like I can't do anything anymore. But I am hoping to work through it some more. I just have to find a way to get through it.

Also I had a small victory today. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE the song "I won't give up" by Jason Mraz - it was what I truly felt for Jason even though the long distance was hard. Up until now - that song would instantly make me burst into tears (because I did love him 100%) and I wasn't going to let the distance ruin it, so that song was perfect......but today, I just noticed the song, I thought about it...took a deep breath and told myself I am ok. I was a little shakey but I DID NOT CRY! YAY! WOO HOO! So things must be getting better even if some days still are sooo hard.

Anyway - off to bed I go. I hope ya'll have a GREAT night

>>Annett

Last edited by couponkrazy2011; 07-25-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 07-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #747
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Jan, there are endless variations. I do not break the yolk. Sometimes I put 1/2 piece of bacon around the cup first and crack the egg in. I like throwing in cheese, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, whatever I have on hand. Season to taste. But you can throw in whatever you like, even greens:
before

after

Eliza...what is the oven temp and time?...
Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
I love those places with the 1/2 off appetizers. You can try so many goodies and at a great savings. With your 2 big eaters - and dh - you're really going to save some money. 93 lb gone..........that is just terrific.

Linda
It was great. We got calamari, oysters Rockefeller, fried cheesesticks, fried pickles and escargot. The kids loved it and it was only $50 total with the tip. We were all stuffed and I really enjoyed it.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #749

Morning. TGIF. It's raining!!!! Woohoo. We need it so bad. I love it.

We're having the parents over today cause dh wants the whole weekend to relax. He's taking ds14 to the shooting range this morning. Then this afternoon we'll do a quick clean and cooking and that's it. The weekend is supposed to be sunny and only in the 80s. In July? Unheard of!!!! Perfect if you ask me.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #750
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Well, so my plans slightly changed for today. My little Abby wants to go to the park again so we better do that right after breakfast before it gets too hot.

Then we'll come back and I will start a tray of those mini quiches and then while those bake, I will start fixing my living room.

And yes, I remembered my pedometer today so I am curious to see how many steps I put in on my reg day off.

Well, I hope you all are having a fantastic morning. . I'll be back in a bit...

Closed Thread