Old 07-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Annett- Is that the way you coupon? I went crazy at first buying binders, 10 papers, etc. Now I realize it doesn't have to be that hard. Bought another name brand mayo for $1.44. It was BOGO free and I had a $1 coupon.
I used to have a binder and clip ALL coupons all the time but then I started going back to college and between work and school I have no time. I chucked my binder and now if there is really a good deal I want to stock up on I go to couponthingsbydede.com and order the coupons through there or ebay. most of the time, if I preview the sunday paper on Saturday and get my coupon order in on time, I can get them before that weeks sale is over.
But on ebay we have to be careful - some people try to sell their coupons at face value...whats the point there?
Good rule of thumb I go by - $1 to $1.50 per set of 20 coupons incl postage unless they are really valuable...then I will go a little higher.

__________________________________________________ _

I am sooooo tired today. Breakfast was cheese. Lunch I didn't have. Dinner was breaded mushrooms I tried to pick the breading off...unsuccessfully. No where near LC. I am just so low on groceries right now I am down to whatever there is. I won't have lunch tomorrow either because I have nothing I can take with me...

I am hoping to actually get a box of food from the food bank but they are only open on days I work and my lunch break isn't long enough to leave work, drive there, wait in line, take the food home and back to work...plus I don't have the extra gas money either ..... so I am trying to figure that out.

I'll figure it out. My 5yr old was sleeping in my bed last night and kicked me several times so I didn't sleep well.

Anyway - I hope ya'll had a good Monday!!!

>>>Good Night

>>Annett

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
no option for that here either for electric water or our internet small towns ya know i got excited when they said auto bill pay but checking into it OMG they just wanted to take it out every month not like where i would go in and pay online nope nada not doing that one i pay the phone and lowe's online hmm trying to think if there is anything else
yeah worrying Ken to death about these bills he did not need more aggravation
Deb, they should not oppose. This is not the same as direct withdrawal out of your account.

If you go to your online banking and enter payee with your account info with that payee, address, etc., the bank will verify with them, which takes a couple of weeks. Then you should be able to go online, enter the amount you wish to pay them, and the bank cuts them a check and mails it.

With some, the bank pays electronically. The payee doesn't care who cuts it a check - you or the bank, as long as the balance gets paid. And, you won't have to write checks and mail them and wonder if the post misplaced them somewhere.

I've been paying our bills via online banking for over 10 years and have never had one payee that has objected.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #633

Annett, have you thought of visiting the Food Bank? True, it won't be LC, but at least it will be some groceries to have at home till the 5th comes.

What is the progress on your filing for child support? Hope you get something regular soon, you have children to take care of.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #634
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buttercup30
Stats: 394.6/377.8/150
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Thanks, buttercup! I have the signature to remind me of that truth every time I see it. It is the hard truth that needs to be acknowledged. I would say that being fat is actually harder than working on losing the weight.

Best of luck on your weigh in. Let us know how it went.

I live in the Ft. Worth area. Do you live anywhere near me?
Eliza,
The scale said 384.8! That is down 9.8 pounds. I live about 4.5 hrs. south of you. I am getting more into this low carb lifestyle.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FluffRNutter
Stats: 5'11" 340/256/???
Start Date: Restarted 7/7/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup30 View Post
Eliza,
The scale said 384.8! That is down 9.8 pounds. I live about 4.5 hrs. south of you. I am getting more into this low carb lifestyle.
Woohoo! That's fabulous!! Great job!

Good morning,
Just checking in. It's been a busy few days. Things are still on track for me diet and exercise wise. Still chuggin' along. I hope you're all having a good week.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #636

Quote:
Eliza,
You go girl!

Awwwwwww, I was hoping you'd live closer to me so we could be WL buddies.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Annett, have you thought of visiting the Food Bank? True, it won't be LC, but at least it will be some groceries to have at home till the 5th comes.

What is the progress on your filing for child support? Hope you get something regular soon, you have children to take care of.

Yes, I contacted the food bank...they are only open on days when I work (Mon, Tues and thurs) and my lunch hour isn't long enough to drive out there, wait in line, go home with the food and back to work. I work 30 minutes away from home. I asked them for other options they said I could have a neighbor pick up a box ....well I don't know anyone well enough to do that for me.

The child support people are TRICKY. LOL. Its not a simple case like it was with my ex-husband because Jason (abbys father) is in Canada. So its in the works.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day.

I got my d/c notice for internet so I have no idea if I will have internet after the 31st as I can not pay it right now. Maybe things will change between then and now but I have no idea how at the moment. So if I disappear off the board you know why.

See you later...

>>Annett
Old 07-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #638

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I just got back from my primary dr appt. He was extremely pleased with my wl progress and health improvements. He gave me the name of a counseling place. I will call later to see if they take my insurance. We kept my med the same for now.

Family came over again last night and it was awful. Drama to the max. BIL said some things to/about MIL and she flipped. Ugly and stressful, I'm so glad he's leaving today. Accckkk The good news is I didn't have any wine. Yeah! I'm done, just too much of a chance of cross addiction for me. Maybe when I'm better in my head(after counseling) or when we go out, I can have a glass but not at home with all that stress. It would drive anyone to drink!
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Yes, I contacted the food bank...they are only open on days when I work (Mon, Tues and thurs) and my lunch hour isn't long enough to drive out there, wait in line, go home with the food and back to work. I work 30 minutes away from home. I asked them for other options they said I could have a neighbor pick up a box ....well I don't know anyone well enough to do that for me.

The child support people are TRICKY. LOL. Its not a simple case like it was with my ex-husband because Jason (abbys father) is in Canada. So its in the works.

I got my d/c notice for internet so I have no idea if I will have internet after the 31st as I can not pay it right now. Maybe things will change between then and now but I have no idea how at the moment. So if I disappear off the board you know why.

See you later...

>>Annett
Hope things work out for the best. I've been worried. You're in my thoughts.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I just got back from my primary dr appt. He was extremely pleased with my wl progress and health improvements. He gave me the name of a counseling place. I will call later to see if they take my insurance. We kept my med the same for now.

Family came over again last night and it was awful. Drama to the max. BIL said some things to/about MIL and she flipped. Ugly and stressful, I'm so glad he's leaving today. Accckkk The good news is I didn't have any wine. Yeah! I'm done, just too much of a chance of cross addiction for me. Maybe when I'm better in my head(after counseling) or when we go out, I can have a glass but not at home with all that stress. It would drive anyone to drink!
Chews, did BIL tell her things that were true? Like she needs to think before she speaks and offends people?

Glad everyone is gone and your stress levels are going down. And great news at the doctor's!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #641

Quote:

See you later...

>>Annett
I don't know about Oregon, but here you can call 211 and they will tell you different resources that are available to help like United Way, Salvation army, different coops, etc.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #642

Quote:
Chews, did BIL tell her things that were true? Like she needs to think before she speaks and offends people?

Glad everyone is gone and your stress levels are going down. And great news at the doctor's!
Yes, and she conveniently forgets things way in the past if they are in anyway negative about her---like she used to smoke. She said no way but I even saw her when my dh and I first started dating. She's nuts!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #643

Have to go renew my car stickers today and they only take cash or checks, so I need to find my checkbook which I haven't used in at least 8 months, or stop by the bank to withdraw cash. Ugh. Then need to stop by the library to return stuff. Also need a haircut and to do some shopping at Walfarts, but who dares go there at this time of day
Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #644

Quote:
Yes, and she conveniently forgets things way in the past if they are in anyway negative about her---like she used to smoke. She said no way but I even saw her when my dh and I first started dating. She's nuts!
You poor thing! She would annoy the living day lights out of me.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #645

Quote:
You poor thing! She would annoy the living day lights out of me.
Yeah, me too and my poor kids and dh and . . . she's a piece of work.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #646

Quote:
Yeah, me too and my poor kids and dh and . . . she's a piece of work.
I'm sorry to say, but I think at her age she is not going to change for the better. I'm sure you all have developed strategies to cope with her.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good afternoon! I'm late today. Had pancakes two days in a row so I'm back to egg omelet today. Had a sausage patty too. Muffin for snack and tuna on 3 lettuce leaves for lunch. Will have 2 turkey patties and salad for dinner. I was down 1/2 lb. today. 19 1/2 total. Why can't I get to Twoterville?? 301.5.
Deb- Glad you got it straightened out. I pay bills online too thru my bank. The bank cuts and mails the check. A lot less stressful.
Buttercup- You are doing so well! Yay!
Annett- Call a large church in your neighborhood and ask about their food bank. Most all have them. Maybe go to several. Glad you're doing as well as you are and know that my prayers are with you and your girls.
chewie- So happy about your health results! You are doing great with everything it seems. Does your DH really want his parents over every Sunday or feel obligated? Could he just call and say something like,well we're tired this week so I think we'll just have a small lunch and nap Sunday? Do that about every other week and then add to it. It doesn't make sense for them to think they are automatically invited to free meal and free clean up every week!!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #648

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Eliza,
WHOOHOOO!!!! i am soo happy for you and i bet it makes you feel better too!!!!KUTGW!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #649

sorry so very late guys got notified we needed more paperwork from kens work for SSDI so we went there WHEW and had to get ink for my printer to make copies and we stopped at 2 vendors malls on the way back Mollykins has a winnie the Pooh bassinet for here(and in gender nuetral colors soo will work if i get blessed with more grandkids!) and a gorgeous pooh and eeyore outfit
Old 07-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #650

Quote:

See you later...

>>Annett
oh Annett i hope something helps soon i know the internet is a lifeline for me!
listen call some of the churches in your area about the food bank stuff here those are the only kinda the one yesterday is through a church and it is only open the last monday of the month from 3;30 until 4:30 but in the next town over they have 2 or 3 but i don't know any details about it
Old 07-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
sorry so very late guys got notified we needed more paperwork from kens work for SSDI so we went there WHEW and had to get ink for my printer to make copies and we stopped at 2 vendors malls on the way back Mollykins has a winnie the Pooh bassinet for here(and in gender nuetral colors soo will work if i get blessed with more grandkids!) and a gorgeous pooh and eeyore outfit
Awwwwwww, Deb, that is so sweet I can just imagine her sweetly napping at nana's house!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #652

when we get it out of the van i will have to take pictures of it lights sounds massage and a remote with it OMG
Old 07-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

I have the munchies. I'm drinking water. OK. I'm watching tv trying to distract myself.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

You got the bassinet !!! Yay!! Can't wait to see it!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Deb- my nephew just talked to vets and they said they will give him percentage of disability by Aug. 15th. By phone so don't know??? Been over a year now.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #656

Only 5,504 steps today. I'm only halfway done. Better get back to walking.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #657

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Deb- my nephew just talked to vets and they said they will give him percentage of disability by Aug. 15th. By phone so don't know??? Been over a year now.
i am soo glad sigh sadly it has been taking much much longer for a lot of vets and that is one reason Ken has not tried to file to get his VA percentafge upped anymore we have heard that they have been taking some percentages away lately but if he can get his SSDI plus what he gets from VA we should be ok
Old 07-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone

Well, I found out that there was a food bank by my work and they happen to be open Tuesdays from 10:00-1pm...so I decided to go on my lunch break.
I got there at 12:20. The sign was out by the door but the doors were locked? I looked for people but saw none. The sign confirmed the 10-1 time...so I don't know.
I sent them an email when I got to work asking about it.

Work was good.

I hope you all had a great day. I am soo tired. I will come back after I make dinner and catch up on posts.

>>>Annett
Old 07-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #659

Quote:
Hello everyone

Well, I found out that there was a food bank by my work and they happen to be open Tuesdays from 10:00-1pm...so I decided to go on my lunch break.
I got there at 12:20. The sign was out by the door but the doors were locked? I looked for people but saw none. The sign confirmed the 10-1 time...so I don't know.
I sent them an email when I got to work asking about it.

Work was good.

I hope you all had a great day. I am soo tired. I will come back after I make dinner and catch up on posts.

>>>Annett

ELIZA KUTGW do you still have the treadmill with the tv in front of it??
Old 07-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Taking away!! Oh, my goodness! That is ridiculous! How do you become LESS disable?? Stupid.
Annett- That sounds like a great resource. Maybe they closed and thought they had no more people.... ?? Hope that works out. I'd check some more, too.
Eliza- I would be happy with 5000 steps. I'm proud of you. You can do it!

Still want to eat. I am not hungry so I am not going to eat.
Closed Thread