LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Here it is Linda......I'll let you know how it turns out tonight.

Baked Chicken Chimichangas
8oz pkg. cream cheese
8oz. Pepperjack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
8 flour tortillas
cooking spray
shredded cheddar cheese
green onions, for garnish
sour cream
salsa

Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning.
Fold in chicken.
Divide among flour tortillas.
Tuck in sides, and roll up each tortilla.
Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9x13" baking dish.
Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Turn chimi's over, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, and salsa.
Wow - these look delish. My recipe doesn't call for cr cheese.........what isn't better with cr cheese added? Thanks for posting - will be waiting to see what you think of them. Think mine called for cumin...........

Linda

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Sue - forgot - my chimmichangas also had gr chili peppers too.......along with the cumin and onion................
Old 07-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #363
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09

IDK about leaving Ken alone sigh Steven will be gone august 10th and it will just be me and him here i gotta find SOMETHING though things are going to get even tighter soon and we all know that social security gets denied a few times even if you ever get it.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Guess what I did today? I filled out online for my soc. security. It should start in November. Yes I will officially be old then. Just sitting here waiting on my check
each month!!LOL

Ok...the chimmichangas turned out good!! Linda, I think you could add whatever you like in them. A casa would be great over them also. I'm thinking I would like it with ground beef also. Hubs really liked them. I ended up with 5. One is all you want or need. It is very filling. I am going to send one cold with him tomorrow and see if it is good. I am lucky that I have a husband who likes just about anything. Even cold!!! LOL
I used Linda Sue's recipe and made my own taco seasoning. I do her!
Here is a picture of them. I used Joseph's Flax bread. They are huge and only have 100 calories for the whole thing. It crisps up just like any other tortilla. I sometimes cut one in half to share with hubs and I break them into pieces and bake them till crispy and use them in a taco salad or just with salsa. You can order them online or our local Wal Mart sells them.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

IDK about leaving Ken alone sigh Steven will be gone august 10th and it will just be me and him here i gotta find SOMETHING though things are going to get even tighter soon and we all know that social security gets denied a few times even if you ever get it.
Deb...one day at a time. It might take awhile but surely Ken will get it.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #366

those look really really good Sue we just helped Ken to get in the bed he can barely move his right side i can't stop crying
Old 07-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
those look really really good Sue we just helped Ken to get in the bed he can barely move his right side i can't stop crying
GREAT BIG HUGS DEB......................
Old 07-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Deb- Love the ultrasound pics!! So sweet! I know you can't wait! If the quilt were perfect it would look like all the other store bought ones. If it's a little different that will make it special. Homemade by her grandmother!!!

Too much good looking food on here. Flour tortillas. Low carb.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I am a retired/disabled teacher. I had a friend who always greeted us that way at teachers' meetings. I loved it and decided that I would carry it on. No they haven't mentioned that. I guess it will be an MRI next.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, sorry Ken is having a rough day.

No, they don't think they can do anything for my blind eye. I lost the sight in it at the age of 12, and no one has ever said what caused it. I am still driving, but I am not sure how safe it is. I have been very worried about my job. I am an accountant, and it is pretty rough not to be able to read numbers.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #371

oh it has to be rough !! i don't see how you can do it be safe
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey All

I just got home from the movie/dinner thing. It was ok. I was so upset about leaving my kids with my parents for "no good reason" (meaning I usually only leave them there if I have to work, or dr apt or something like that) that on my way to the movie my eyes were tearing up.
I was stresses out the entire time at the movie. Then we went for dinner at Mazatlan and I was "oh crap...no LC" but ended up finding a taco salad (no shell) so that was reasonable on the carb scale.
We adults all got talking and stuff and it was fine but I was totally stresses out the entire time because I had never done this. LOL
Anyway, movie was good though - Man of Steel.

So sorry to read Ken is having a hard time still. I really wish there is something more they could do for him.
I am myself looking into extra income opportunities to do from home. If I find anything that's not too demanding I will let you know. I got some book from the library about these things.

I also decided to build a website. I am calling it "Inspire Me" at the moment. I am trying to take all the positive things in my life and putting it out there for anyone else needing inspiration. I have a page I call "Be Well" things to do for yourself. "Save Money" touches on couponing resources, finding good deals, finding free/cheap things to do with the family or alone. etc. A page for finding Inspiration which has inspirational U-tube videos and will have uplifting and empowering songs. An about me page and a Juliette page dedicated to my kids. They already lost a father, and their troop ended too so now I am continuing the girl scouts for them as Juliettes (troopless girl scouts) so they don't have to feel like they lost that too. It looks good but I need to put more things on there. I hope I can keep up with it once school starts. Its been a positive thing in my life now so I would like to keep it going. Once I push "publish" I will get all you the link and your input would be appreciated.

Anyway - off to bed...gotta work tomorrow.

Good Night
Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #373
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buttercup30
Stats: 394.6/377.8/150
Start Date: July 2013
Hello, I am at 391. This is the highest I've ever been. I know I need to get the weight off. I will need a lot of support. I do not ever feel like doing anything.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hello Buttercup

Never give up! We are here for you!
losing weight isn't easy but don't let it discourage you.
Are you doing low-carb?

Take it one day at a time. We are here to help each other.

>>>Annett

PS- I love your kitty pic
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #375

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Chewie - busy as every lady. I bet you are enjoying that pool a lot more this year - almost 90lb less of you. Has to be a lot easier getting out - lol - sorry - but - I have to tell you - to me - getting OUT of the pool after lazing in it - I always felt 50 lb heavier, just that water trying to pull me back in.

Linda
Yesterday we were playing ball in the pool for 3 1/2 hours. Unfortunately, my poor skin shows it---it was partly cloudy so I wasn't too worried about burning. Stupid me!!!! My face is red like a tomato. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Plus my right arm is sore from throwing the ball for so many hours although it was really good exercise.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #376

Good morning. Monday already? Ugh. I'm so sun burned and tired and have a slight headache too. Ok---done with my whining.

Welcome Buttercup. We'll try to help support anyway we can. I understand the way you feel.

Deb--so sorry about Ken. Hope today is much better.

Lucky--praying for a good surgery on your eye. That must be so hard. Now that I'm getting older and needing to use reading glasses, it's pretty frustrating to not be able to see like I used to.

Sue--yum, those chimis look good. I might make it soon, looks nice and easy---my favorite kind of recipe.

Annett--I'm glad you went out. It's a first and really should not be the last time. You need to take care of you so you can take care of the girls. Looking forward to reading your website. Also, for future meals out at Mexican places--fajitas are great--just skip the tortillas and get double veggies.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #377

Oh Sue, I forgot to tell you about zoodles. I just take my veggie peeler and make thin strips of zucchini. Then I fry in olive oil with garlic and seasoning. That's it. Easy peasy and so delicious. I stop making zoodles when I get to the seed part. You can use that for zucchini bread or whatever. I usually throw it out.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone.....
Thanks for the info on the zoodles. Now I just need to get a veggie peeler. Who knows, I bet I have one some where in a drawer.
Annett....unless something is wrong with your parents you should NOT feel bad about leaving the kids with them if they enjoy having them over. In fact it is selfish not to
let the kids and grand parents spend time together. Surely you must have a good reason for only leaving them on a have to basic.
Deb....I hope today will be a good day for both Ken and you.

Hi and welcome to the board buttercup!! This is a safe place where you can talk freely about your up and downs along the weight loss road. Are you doing LC or something else? As soon as you get off of the sugar and white stuff you will start feeling better I am guessing. I know it works for me.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #379

I love this one:

a burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said, ‘Jesus knows you’re here.’
He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze. When he heard nothing more, he shook his head and continued.
Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard ‘Jesus is watching you.’
Startled, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.
‘Did you say that?’ he hissed at the parrot.
‘Yes’, the parrot confessed, then squawked, ‘I’m just trying to warn you that he’s watching you.’
The burglar relaxed. ‘Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?’
‘Moses,’ replied the bird.
‘Moses?’ the burglar laughed. ‘What kind of people would name a bird Moses?’
‘The kind of people who would name a Rottweiler Jesus.’
Old 07-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup30 View Post
Hello, I am at 391. This is the highest I've ever been. I know I need to get the weight off. I will need a lot of support. I do not ever feel like doing anything.
you and me both ! i am glad you came in here! post often so we can get to know you!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #381

HOWDY going to be in the 100s this week UGh i already feel like a slug! i got up earlier today 8:30 LOL then went to wake Steven and ended up laying down and sleeping instead soo almost 10 for official wake up and i washed some dishes and filled out some bills and other than that i could not tell you where the other couple of hours have disappeared to!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Yesterday we were playing ball in the pool for 3 1/2 hours. Unfortunately, my poor skin shows it---it was partly cloudy so I wasn't too worried about burning. Stupid me!!!! My face is red like a tomato. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Plus my right arm is sore from throwing the ball for so many hours although it was really good exercise.
WOW sounds like so much FUN!!! ouch on the sunscreen!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning(Afternoon) Glories! I got up late too, Deb. Slept till 10 but didn't sleep well last night. Up .5 lb. on scales. Bouncing up and down but gradually down !Have kept my promise- Not cheated yet!! Yay, me!

Deb- So sorry about Ken. Can't believe how long it's taking but I do understand. My nephew is still waiting too.

Chewie- Hilarious! Good laugh for the day!

Sue- Are you going to try the zoodles? They sound good.

Buttercup. We all have been and still rock around the 'don't want to do anything' stage. It does get better when you get the sugar and starch out of your system. As Sue said, this is a safe place to talk about ups and downs. You won't find any judgement but a lot of support and true caring. I love this place!!

Lucky- I will pray that you're cataract surgery goes well.

Had my usual 2 egg omelet with cheese but today mushrooms added, 4 sl. bacon, coffee
L- tuna salad on 3 Rom. lettuce leaves, Dobie Muffin
S- Atkins Shake
Don't know about supper yet.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Deb, YAY for Christmas!!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Deb, YAY for Christmas!!
i kinda post that stuff all year long
Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #386

been looking online about making cloth diaper WHEW have you seen the prices of the covers now?? i still have mine from the boys(SOMEWHERE ) and when she is here i will use those i guess but i aint sending them home with here LOL
Old 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

I know!! Love it!!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #388

Old 07-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
Start Date: 3/21/2014
Hi everyone! Sorry to have disappeared last week. I pretty much fell off the grid dietwise. And when I fall off the wagon I tend to not post on the boards.

I had my 25 year anniversary at work last week which resulted in 2 lunches and a Happy Hour out. Then it was Booya weekend too and that's a whole lot more food festivities. But I'm back on the wagon right away this morning -- just got home from Sams Club stocking up on food for the week.

I was honored yesterday at the Booya by being made an honorary member of the Womens Firemans Auxillary. I've know our chief and his wife for about 16 years from when Andy was in Boy Scouts (our fire station has been the sponsor). I've volunteered to work at the Fireman's Booya for the past 16 years and this year they presented me with an awesome jacket with the fire station emblem and my name embroidered on it. Of course the temps need to drop at least 40 degrees before I can wear it.

It's a crazy week with meetings again this week. I can't wait for my PM to get back from vacation next week! I've got meetings scheduled through lunch today and tomorrow so I'm doing a big omelet for breakfast and skipping lunch. I picked up 2 rotisserie chickens from Sams Club and pulled those apart for quick snacking or to top salads. I am making jalapeno poppers on Wednesday -- YUM!

Gotta go fix DD20's passenger rear-view mirror. She broke it off backing out of the garage on Friday. I found her a replacement today --thankfully an after-market replacement for $26 and not the factory replacement for $129. It shouldn't take long to replace -- I did one about a year ago on DS24's car when a turkey flew/jumped up from the roadside into his mirror. I need good mirror ju-ju because if I break mine, I can't replace without going to the Lexus dealer.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Here it is Linda......I'll let you know how it turns out tonight.

Baked Chicken Chimichangas
8oz pkg. cream cheese
8oz. Pepperjack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
8 flour tortillas
cooking spray
shredded cheddar cheese
green onions, for garnish
sour cream
salsa

Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning.
Fold in chicken.
Divide among flour tortillas.
Tuck in sides, and roll up each tortilla.
Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9x13" baking dish.
Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Turn chimi's over, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, and salsa.
OH BOY THOSE LOOK SO GOOD!!!
Closed Thread