Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/308/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/05/2013
Good Morning.

I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday.

I am going with some co workers this afternoon to watch Man of Steel. My first movie in theaters in 18 years. My exhusband and exfiance never took me. So this will be interesting for me. I don't do o well with lots of people in the same space...the crowd gets to me. But I am going to be brave and do it anyway.

I wish you all a happy Sunday.

...Annett

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning! Cloudy, rainy day here. A welcome relief from the 100 degree temperatures.

Chris, way to go! Seems like you're over the hump with the support of your wife, today is a new day, and the good fight against evil carbs continues.

Annett, have fun at the movies, you'll love it, you deserve a break from it all.

Chews, a busy day ahead of you with the formal dinner. Glad the CO is working so well.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #333

Driving my DS for 3-day orientation at his college today. Reality that he is leaving the nest soon is setting in.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories! My scale did not move for me today but I have an idea it was because of my late night (but LC) snack. Too much of a good thing. Since I lost 2 lbs. the last 2 days, it's all good!!

Yay, Chris! I knew you would come out of that food fog. It surrounds us all at times!

Annett- So glad you're getting out! Take care of yourself and your kids! That's all that matters right now.

Chewie- Zoodles, made from squash??

B- 2 eggs/1sl. cheese, 2.5 oz. sausage
L- tuna pouch, 1/2 LC tortilla, 3 Rom. lettuce leaves
S- Dobie Muffin
D- 4 oz. grilled chicken, grilled mushrooms, brocc and zuch/summer squash w.butter
S- Dobie Muffin if needed
Old 07-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Eliza- Good luck. I have a great niece going away to college in the fall too. It's hard on the whole family. Try to enjoy. We'll be thinking of you.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Eliza- Good luck. I have a great niece going away to college in the fall too. It's hard on the whole family. Try to enjoy. We'll be thinking of you.
Thanks, Jan, you're very sweet.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/308/160
Start Date: 03/05/2013
Well, whats making the going to the movie hard is not only the crowd but the fact that I fee guilty for #1 watching a movie without kids and #2 having my parents watch them on their only day off.

My counselor told me I need to get over the guilt but I can't help it.

Eliza - College Orientation - wow. Well make a fun day out of it with you DS.

I am going to try to make that macaroon recipe - this will be the first time I am cooking something brand new since this whole emotional rollercoaster. Its been hard being in the kitchen...he was a cook so ya everything in the kitchen an everything I do in the kitchen reminds me of him. I can still hear him telling me how to do things as he would in his work kitchen....GRRRRR. Its enough to drive someone bonkers. I haven't cooked a meal from beginning to end without my daughters help because get all messed up and have to leave the kitchen after I start it. Anyway, I am determined to make these macaroons today -start to finish.

Anyway. Talk to you later...
Old 07-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #338

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Driving my DS for 3-day orientation at his college today. Reality that he is leaving the nest soon is setting in.
wow 3 days?? Steven only got from like 8-3 and i really didn't feel like any of us were enlightened
yeah i KNOW i am scared to death less than a month and my baby flies the nest i am soo scared

ZOMG after NOON today when i woke up
Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
wow 3 days?? Steven only got from like 8-3 and i really didn't feel like any of us were enlightened
yeah i KNOW i am scared to death less than a month and my baby flies the nest i am soo scared

ZOMG after NOON today when i woke up
It was an optional one and they made us pay 'cause they haven't sucked enough money out of us already

Deb, a cup of coffee and you'll be like new
Old 07-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #340

we had to pay for the orientation he went to 50 for steven and 10 each for me and ken ugh are you staying with him for the 3 days ? or dropping him off? i am halfway through my 24oz mug LOL IDK sleeping all the time
Old 07-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #341

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
My ds's orientation was also 3 days. I did not attend with him cause he was with friends.

Figured out my app---just cheese & pepperoni. Focaccia is done, jello cheesecake is in the frig, sweet coconut bread is done and all the peppers are cleaned and ready for baking. They get baked empty for 20 minutes. My upper back is bothering me again today. I think I over did it yesterday with all the laundry, etc. I might have to take something for it.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #342

some of you have already seen these but i am reposting
Miss Molly at her last ultrasound

progress on the quilt
Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Thanks, Jan, you're very sweet.
Hugs for you Eliza....
I can still recall the day we left DD 3 hrs. away at college. Hubs and I cried all the way home and for the next 3 weeks off and on!! It's tough but you will make it through. A new chapter of life is opening for you and your son.

Jan....WTG on being off the meds!!!!! You reminded me that I need to go make some jello! And I just thought I was finished in the kitchen.

Chewie...share your recipe for the zoodles or whatever they are called please. I think I would like to try them. Thanks!

Chris....I'm so glad today is looking better for you. Just stay close to the board here. Maybe you could give your wife a couple of recipes to try for you. If you go to Linda Sue's lowcarb recipes you will find some good ones.

Annett......you deserve a break. If you will get out and do things for yourself you will be a better mom and person for it. Do not feel guilty!!! Enjoy the movie today!!!!!

Deb....be sure and show us the quilt when finished!! Molly will love it. Be sure to get a picture of it with YOU and her in it!!!! If she will be here before TG they have some really cute little TG outfits at the stores or online. Eli had one with a little turkey on his bottom I remember. Also My first bib for different holidays is always a nice little gift.
Hi to everyone else. There was so much posting on here I forgot who and what else was wrote!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!!
B-Almond meal pancakes with apple/cinnamon sauce over top, egg, bacon
L-turkey patty on make believe bread with veggie salad and cantalope
S-No snacks today unless it is a iced coffee
D-Baked chicken chimmichangas
S-Maybe a yogurt if needed
Old 07-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I know we are only cyber friends but it helps alot! It defientely got me through yesterday, also with help from my wife, she isnt ready to give up yet and that helps me greatly.

Thankfully today is a new day!!! I'm feeling strong... right now... lol... Had a wonderful calming day yesterday. My wife and me took a 2 hour drive in the convertible through a very scenic drive down the river road. the only bad part is the sunburn... but even thats not so bad!

Thasnk again everyone for the support!
Chris, What a difference a little time makes. So glad to hear that things calmed down before you threw in the towel. We know that's not a good option, we need to lose weight for our health. Give your wife an extra hug, so glad to hear that she's still in there trying too. Does she have much weight to lose? Tell her next time she's ready to quit, you'll do the same for her - keep focused, so good that you have that support. The drive sounds wonderful - the sunburn - not so much.

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza - taking your ds to college orientation. Happened fast, didn't it? So grown up - but still our little one. Memories come flashing back about my sons leaving. As Sue said - cried for days - every time I would think of them - or walk by their room. But, it's also good - they are ready to take on the world. You enjoying your summer or too consumed with ds leaving? I still haven't made it back to even being close to 300...........still working on it though. Can't do anything but, right? You would think it would become easier, but it never is.
Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - hello sweet lady. You are really going to town with little Molly's quilt. How big is it going to be anyway? She's due in Nov right? Will be here before we know it. I'm so sorry that Kenny and Ashley can't/won't see that they need to check up on Ken and you more often. Take care of yourself.

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Sue, I have made beef chimmchangas, but never chicken. Got a recipe of just how you make yours? Your meals always sound so good. I have been writing down my eats for the past 2 weeks. I know this helps me stay on track. I'm still a long way from 300, but I have to keep trying.

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Good Morning Glories! My scale did not move for me today but I have an idea it was because of my late night (but LC) snack. Too much of a good thing. Since I lost 2 lbs. the last 2 days, it's all good!!

Yay, Chris! I knew you would come out of that food fog. It surrounds us all at times!

Annett- So glad you're getting out! Take care of yourself and your kids! That's all that matters right now.

Chewie- Zoodles, made from squash??

B- 2 eggs/1sl. cheese, 2.5 oz. sausage
L- tuna pouch, 1/2 LC tortilla, 3 Rom. lettuce leaves
S- Dobie Muffin
D- 4 oz. grilled chicken, grilled mushrooms, brocc and zuch/summer squash w.butter
S- Dobie Muffin if needed
Jan, I'm bad - never welcomed you. I'm Linda - I lurk a lot. I read most everything though. Have to tell you - I love your 'Good morning glories' - always makes me smile. Have they ruled out lymphedema for your swollen arm? Was glad to read that the cancer scare was just that - a big scare. Your menus are always good looking too. I don't think I thanked you for posting the dobie muffin recipe either, so thanks for that too.

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

OOOPs - I copied the wrong post......................above

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Annette - I never welcomed you either - but I'm caught up in you dealing with so many things in your life right now. Sounds like you are on the right track - your girls are your main concern. If mama is ok - they will be ok. Time will help, glad to hear that you are talking to a counselor. I lurk a lot - as these gals can tell you. I read all the posts, then jabber a lot - lol - almost like I can't shut up. What are your girls names? So glad that you haven't let this stop you from staying on track with your eating. Go and enjoy the movie today. You deserve it - some time to just relax and let loose a little bit.

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie - busy as every lady. I bet you are enjoying that pool a lot more this year - almost 90lb less of you. Has to be a lot easier getting out - lol - sorry - but - I have to tell you - to me - getting OUT of the pool after lazing in it - I always felt 50 lb heavier, just that water trying to pull me back in.

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Ok - everyone can come out now - I'm going to shut up. I drove everyone away...........but - I know you will be back.....................

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Eliza - taking your ds to college orientation. Happened fast, didn't it? So grown up - but still our little one. Memories come flashing back about my sons leaving. As Sue said - cried for days - every time I would think of them - or walk by their room. But, it's also good - they are ready to take on the world. You enjoying your summer or too consumed with ds leaving? I still haven't made it back to even being close to 300...........still working on it though. Can't do anything but, right? You would think it would become easier, but it never is.
Linda
HOWDY LINDA!! how are ya doing? we are sleeping the summer away here Steven has had NO activities at all
kenny and ashley seem to be back to their old ways of leaving us behind again i thought things would be different SIGH shows how much my thoughts count for huh?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #354

LOL i have no idea how big the quilt will be baby size?? the neighbor used 2 1/2 inch block but i cut mine 3 inches soo i could have a bigger area to work with LOL but it is 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks high with the white part in between the blocks ended up about 8x8 sewn together my backing fabric is only 45 across eek hope i don't have to try to piece it together to be wider but i might
not an even block in the bunch either LOL
Ken is having a rough day again
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 07-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Here it is Linda......I'll let you know how it turns out tonight.

Baked Chicken Chimichangas
8oz pkg. cream cheese
8oz. Pepperjack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
8 flour tortillas
cooking spray
shredded cheddar cheese
green onions, for garnish
sour cream
salsa

Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning.
Fold in chicken.
Divide among flour tortillas.
Tuck in sides, and roll up each tortilla.
Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9x13" baking dish.
Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Turn chimi's over, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, and salsa.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #356

oh MAN!!! those look soo good!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Ladies, I didn't have much trouble when my daughter started college because I started also. I worked full time and went to college at night. I didn't have time to be lonely.

I go Tuesday to have laser surgery on the eye I had cataract surgery on. I am blind in one eye and have lost 75% of my good eye after the cataract surgery. I am looking forward to being able to see again. My daughter is supposed to take me, but she has hurt her back, so we will see how that goes.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Ladies, I didn't have much trouble when my daughter started college because I started also. I worked full time and went to college at night. I didn't have time to be lonely.

I go Tuesday to have laser surgery on the eye I had cataract surgery on. I am blind in one eye and have lost 75% of my good eye after the cataract surgery. I am looking forward to being able to see again. My daughter is supposed to take me, but she has hurt her back, so we will see how that goes.
oh Lucky! i am soo sorry about your eyes ! i hope this works well do they think they can restore the sight in the blind one with the laser??

i hope i can find a job any kind of job soon but that also means leaving Kne alone and if he has bad days like today OMG i would come home to find him in the floor he is having another one of those bad bad ones right now and if i hadn't gotten him to the chair he would have hit the floor
Old 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post

Lucky - sorry you're having more eye problems. What is the laser going to do for you? I've had floaters ever since I had my cataract surgery in Jan. So annoying and frustrating. Can you still drive?

You know - you really did a wonderful thing - going to college when you did. It's hard to go back to school. Good for you.

Linda
Old 07-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh Lucky! i am soo sorry about your eyes ! i hope this works well do they think they can restore the sight in the blind one with the laser??

i hope i can find a job any kind of job soon but that also means leaving Kne alone and if he has bad days like today OMG i would come home to find him in the floor he is having another one of those bad bad ones right now and if i hadn't gotten him to the chair he would have hit the floor
Poor guy. Can you leave Ken alone for very long then? I'm so sorry he's having such a rough day. Any prospects for the job - if you can even do it with Ken having so many problems.

Linda
Closed Thread