Old 07-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Oh I am soooo tired. Its been a long day but I wanted to pop on here and say Hello.

Jan - I am glad to hear you don't have cancer. that must be a HUGE relief.

Anyone have a good LC recipes for Coconut Macaroons? I have this organic dried coconut I got a while ago and I'd love to figure out how to use this for that.

Thank you all for the kind words about my ex. I am devastated for the kids. And today I found out she has 2 kids so, he basically traded in his family for another.
But its his loss. My girls are #1 and they know that. I know who I am and even though he's tried very hard to make me feel bad about me (nasty txts) I know better.
My girls know most of the truth. They know he said he fell out of love with me and they now know he has a gf with kids. I DID NOT mention that he decided that it was fine to start smoking an illegal substance commonly prescribed for pain. He does not have a prescription. My kids don't need to know that and will never be around that. I don't need an addict in my life anyway.
Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. I am going to go fall into bed.

Good night all

>>Annett

Quote:
Coconut Macaroons

Author: Caveman Keto
Nutrition Information
Serves: 10
Serving size: 1 cookie
Calories: 88
Fat: 8
Carbohydrates: 3
Fiber: 2
Protein: 2
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 14 mins
Total time: 19 mins
Print

Ingredients
4 Egg Whites (1/2 Cup)
1 tsp Vanilla
˝ tsp EZ-Sweet (Or equivalent of 1 cup artificial sweetener)
4˝ tsp Water
120 g Unsweetened Coconut (2 Cups)
Instructions
Combine egg whites and other liquids
Add Coconut and mix
If the mixture is too loose, hit it with the immersion blender to reduce the coconut size and fix the mixture more
Spread on a greased whoopie pie pan
Set the oven to 375, when you put the macaroons in, reduce the heat to 325
Bake for 14 minutes
Coconut Macaroons - Caveman Keto

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Big thank you to all my friends who prayed for me! I do NOT have cancer!!! Praise the Lord!! My doc. was really negative and I was very frightened. Did all tests today and gave me the results. I am home now and relaxing but I wanted to thank y'all and let you know how it turned out. I have so many health problems now and I was dreading dealing with another. I guess there will be more tests to find out what is wrong with my swollen arm but I am so relieved about today's tests that I'm not even worried about those. Love you all. Support means so much!!
Well that is wonderful news for this Friday morning Jan!!!!!
PTL for sure!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning everyone....
Arrnett.....I hope today looks brighter. You are right. You don't need someone in your life or in your kids life who does drugs. Focus on your girls. Love with a man can come later. Just put all your love towards your kids right now. You won't regret it as they grow older.

So at some point this weekend I am going to clear a path so I can start using that machine from he$$ again come Monday morning. Better known as the elliptical.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories!!
I was 1 1/2 lb. down today. Of course, I prob. worried it off and it may be back, but I will stay the course! I'm so happy today that nothing can mad me sad.(Please, remind me of that when I start whining about not losing weight!). Thank you all for kind words. I love my LC friends.

Look at Deb. Throw that recipe up there , girl! She is a master of info. Need to know, ask Deb!!!

Annett- Glad you are with us. Sorry I haven't properly welcomed you. So sorry about your problems. He's certainly not worthy of you or your children and he WILL realize his mistake. You go girl. You'll be fine.

Last edited by oncloud9now2; 07-12-2013 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: mispelled word
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #275

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Happy Friday. I have to take ds14 to dr for his ADD med check. I wanted to get it done before real football practice starts on Aug 5. He also needs a physical but they are making us do a separate appointment for that next week. I guess they just want two co-pays. GRRRRRR
Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Big thank you to all my friends who prayed for me! I do NOT have cancer!!! Praise the Lord!! My doc. was really negative and I was very frightened. Did all tests today and gave me the results. I am home now and relaxing but I wanted to thank y'all and let you know how it turned out. I have so many health problems now and I was dreading dealing with another. I guess there will be more tests to find out what is wrong with my swollen arm but I am so relieved about today's tests that I'm not even worried about those. Love you all. Support means so much!!
All of our prayers worked. Hope you find out what is causing your problem soon.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie- So happy you got things 'moving.'

Deb- I think Sue's idea is great! You'll know the quilt is still there and it can be her special cover at her grandmother's house. Then, she can have it when she grows up. Smart, Sue.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much Lucky. I do believe in prayer and appreciate all my good and sympathetic friends here.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Of course, Chewie. More money!!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #280

good grief i am getting used to sleeping ALL DAY LONG besides the financial aspect i need a job so i don't continue to sleep until 11 or noon every day
only thing i have done so far is shower and start some bacon! lazy lazy
:YAWN:
Old 07-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning Everyone

And I mean that. It is a good morning despite everything I think I am doing fine.

Thanks for the macaroon recipe... I only have one question. The unsweetened coconut I have is very dry. Is dried organic coconut shreds. Do you think I would need to moisten it before putting it in this recipe? Its not moist like the coconut I see at the grocery store.

I actually today had a decent conversation with him via text msg. I think that was our first good conversation in 3 weeks. I am trying to stay very gracious about the whole situation especially since we have the kids involved. I will say I was a total ***** the day I found out but since then have put away my anger and am just trying to overcome the hurt - but that may take a while.
He said he is going to actually send us some $ to help out next week...we will see. I hope he really does follow through we sure need it. I just feel blessed that I have a very understanding landlord..at this point I have only paid half my rent.

Anyway...I have chosen to clean the livingroom today. I don't care if it takes me all day - my livingroom in theory if I work hard I should have it done in maybe an hour or two....but I am going to have the TV on to distract my brain so I don't go thinking about him/her....so it may take me longer.

I might go see a Movie on Sunday. 2 people I work with invited me to come along for dinner and then some food after. I don't know yet if I feel like going. I don't have a babysitter and my Mom already watches one of my kids 3x per week. I don't want to put the extra burden of now watching both kids on Sunday for 3-4 hours too. I haven't decided yet. My counselor says it would be good to get out with other people but I don't know if I am ready for that. For the last 6.5 years my life was kids, work, him, and home and that's it. All I ever did outside the home was shopping for groceries, maybe the library. I haven't seen a movie in a movie theater in 15+ years - at least not without kids. Its weird. My ex-husband before my current ex (does that make sense?) He always had us very secluded...home in the sticks, single car family, controlled $$ etc. He used to go do things with his friends while I sat home with kids 100% of the time. So ya, I haven't seen a movie in well, I guess longer than 15 years. I think the last time was when I was in High School... so like 18 years.

I guess I just don't know how to have real-life here friends because I haven't had any in so long. My little online world is just so safe. And when I was with either ex, they became my whole world and I didn't feel like I had time for friends.

Anyway... I should go get started on this living room!

I hope ya'll have a FANTASTIC Friday!

>Annett
Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
hey everyone just wanted to say Im not sure i will be around much for a while I was working very hard for a goal for my upcoming trip, and it has been 3 weeks since I havent lost any weight which basically means there is no way I can meet my goal nor even come close. I am beyond devistated. The last 11 weeks I have cut myself off from family and friends and I'm sure my wife would say I have been hell to live with. I'm angry all the time and work has become extremely stressful with a new boss that ask much more than I can perform. My friends and family have begged me to come with them to places I cannot eat nor enjoy going because they eat all the things I can not have and I'm supposed to just sit there and watch them like a pet sitting under the table begging for scraps. After 3 weeks of bouncing back and forth and no loss of inches or weight it feels like I'm beating my head against the wall and its for no good reason. Then last night I found out our check engine light came on in our primary car. It seems I have way to much on my shoulders to handle all this and I have no coping tools to handle all this, food has been my source of comfort and now its gone as well. I really feel like im losing my mind!!! somethin has to give, I'm really not sure how to handle this!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #283

Chris you can go out to eat with friends a steak with extra butter on it and big salad with oil and vinegar dressing no crutons and there you go! even a glass of wine or a lite beer can be included

Annett good job on working on the living room i hope it works out you can go to the movies helped us with us going stir crazy here
Old 07-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #284

and the sprayer on my dishwasher came loose AGAIN and landed on the element ARRGGHH why is it not locking down correctly?? i checked it before starting and thought it was secure only burned a small place this time this is geetting expensive i am going to try to continue using this one as long as possible
thank goodness Ken said just check it once more and i opened it during the cycle
Old 07-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Chris- I think we all feel that way sometimes. I know I do. Do you like wings? I used to eat them a lot when I felt deprived. They're not that bad and especially for a treat when going out with others. Have them for an appetizer and then a steak dinner. Or, all wings. Just an idea. Please, don't give up. You may have done all this but just in case: Have you lowered your salt intake? Have you considered how many calories you are eating? There comes a time when they have to be dealt with. You are young and I hate for you to quit and live a fat life like some of us. You are young enough that your skin will bounce back and you'll be happy and not self- conscience. You will have the same problems if you go back to the way you were eating but you'll be gaining weight again. Please, be good to yourself!!
Let us hear from you!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Poor Deb. Sorry about all the fuss. Hate when things break down!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #287

oh yeah i forgot that! you can order the wings naked and get your sauce on them Hooters sauce is just basically franks hot sauce and butter YUM!!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Chris, inches too. Did you measure when you started? I didn't so I tell myself that I am losing inches when I don't lose lbs. Do your clothes fit better? So many reasons not to give up.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Deb-I hate when things break down! My car broke down today. Blech! And its new...well newer. Its new to me. lol But it was supposed to be all great! Sigh...I think with mechanical things the only thing you can count on is that they will break down!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beara View Post
Deb-I hate when things break down! My car broke down today. Blech! And its new...well newer. Its new to me. lol But it was supposed to be all great! Sigh...I think with mechanical things the only thing you can count on is that they will break down!
oh no!! what happened to it???
Old 07-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
hey everyone just wanted to say Im not sure i will be around much for a while I was working very hard for a goal for my upcoming trip, and it has been 3 weeks since I havent lost any weight which basically means there is no way I can meet my goal nor even come close. I am beyond devistated. The last 11 weeks I have cut myself off from family and friends and I'm sure my wife would say I have been hell to live with. I'm angry all the time and work has become extremely stressful with a new boss that ask much more than I can perform. My friends and family have begged me to come with them to places I cannot eat nor enjoy going because they eat all the things I can not have and I'm supposed to just sit there and watch them like a pet sitting under the table begging for scraps. After 3 weeks of bouncing back and forth and no loss of inches or weight it feels like I'm beating my head against the wall and its for no good reason. Then last night I found out our check engine light came on in our primary car. It seems I have way to much on my shoulders to handle all this and I have no coping tools to handle all this, food has been my source of comfort and now its gone as well. I really feel like im losing my mind!!! somethin has to give, I'm really not sure how to handle this!
Chris. You are indeed overwhelmed and feeling like everything is working against you. We all understand where you are coming from. Then I looked at your signature - 345 and you are so close to 300. You know you will be right back up to 345+ if you don't hold on. I speak from experience here - I gave up and am struggling to get back to even being close to 300. I was at 290 for a couple months and I could have written basically what you wrote - except for the boss - how I wish I had hung on at 290. It is so hard - I'm a dyed in the wool yo-yo dieter and losing is so much harder now that I'm older. I hope that you can find the strength to keep going too. Just know that we are rooting for you.

Linda
Old 07-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #292

LINDA!!!! where have you been????? i have missed you soo very much! how are things going?? is the house hunting getting anywhere??
Old 07-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone...
I couldn't sleep so I thought id come here and just say gnight to everyone.

I have been taking Melatonin to help me sleep since he broke up our relationship but I must be adjusting to it. 5mg....doesn't do what it used to.

Oh and happy news... he followed through and I paid the rest of rent today. Yay. One less worry. I was really getting worried but I guess he has a conscience after all so at least that's good. The bills are still scary stacked against me but as long as I have a roof over our head we will be ok.

Well good night all.....sweet dreams.

...Annett
Old 07-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all

I am up early....couldn't sleep.

My task with the livingroom failed yesterday. I never got it done....only part of it.
I think the fact my ex actually sent us the rent money needed was great but when I actually heard his voice on the phone for the first time in weeks....I ended up crying because it reminded me how how much I love and miss the idiot...even though I really should not....especially after what he did to us. 6.5 years is a long time to be with some and I am used to having him around...now that he isn't...its hard. He was the only real-life friend I had. He would be the one i'd talk with about everything...

So anyway enough of that. I will continue my mission to seek out a new way of getting this done and sticking with it.

Hmm well Happy Saturday all!

.....Annett
Old 07-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #295

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. DS18 had 2 girls come swim last night. It was so cute. He took them pool towels and even swam with them. DS14 is too shy to even go out to say hello but his friend(who has stayed here for 4 nights already this week) went and swam with them too. He's definitely a ladies man.

Annett--hugs. Suggestion to get things done when you really don't feel like it: set a timer for 10 minutes and just tackle whatever you can in that time. When the timer rings, often I end up resetting it and keep going. If you still feel unmotivated, stop and at least you started. Sorry it's such a hard time for you.

So I got up at 6:30. Dh got up at 4 am---ugh. I went out on the patio to have my coffee and saw all the chores that needed doing so I made a HUGE list and I watered the gardens and all the flowers. I'm all sweaty now even though it's only 70 out there right now. Today I'm making meatballs and homemade meatsauce. I ended up taking out about 4 lbs of ground chuck and bought 2 lbs of grass fed beef to try, I've never had it, at Aldi's. It was only $4.49 a pound. That is what I'll make the meatballs out of and the chuck will make a big pot of sauce. Tomorrow I'm making lasagna stuffed peppers with meatballs on the side so I need it for that. Tonight we'll have zoodles and sauce. Going to make lc focaccia today too to go with both. 2 birds with one store, ykwim?

Chris--Linda is so right. Time is going to pass and you really don't want to gain back all that you've lost. I know it's hard when the scale isn't moving down especially when you're doing the exact right things. Hang in there, push the water and eventually it'll go down again. You've lost a lot of weight pretty quickly so you should be proud of yourself and realize your body needs to reset and adjust to this newer low weight. You'll get to twoterville very soon.

Deb--dishwashers are just built to break. I think all appliances are now. Good things you double checked it, it could have been much worse.

Linda--how are you doing? Have you had any blue crabs this year??? I love those things.

Jan--are you still floating on your good news??? I'm so happy for you and God is so good.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!!
Yes, Chewie, I am so happy. My doc had me really scared. I had several symptoms and I think she was pretty positive I had breast cancer. Yay!! The doc at hospital was so sweet. He came in after looking at all the tests and said," Stone Cold Normal,". HaHa Yum, grass fed beef! You'll love it!

Annett- So sorry. I have been there. My ex had several affairs and I didn't even know. He confessed them to me and I lived with him 2 more years. I finally decided that I couldn't take it. Happily, I met dh and never knew marriage could be like this. Just had our 19th anniversary. You have to do what's right for you and your children. Sometimes it can be resolved. Just remember to make the outcome what you want!

Down a half lb. today. Yay! Time for the scale to start moving.

Beara- Hate, hate, hate car trouble. Bless your heart!!
Old 07-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #297

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning girls and guy,

Lindaaaaaaaa , so happy to see you! How are you doing?

Annett - I hate it when people behave like this, leaving devastation in their wake! Hope he continues to at least send you money so you can take care of the kids. I would go out with friends if I were you. It's time for you to start taking care of you, two young girls depend on your continued well being.

Chris - stay strong just a little longer. You are right....its unbelievably maddening and frustrating to deny yourself and work hard with no scale results. yes, its a lot of sacrifice, but we're healthier for it. Maybe instead of your family picking the restaurants, you should be doing the picking of restaurants you can eat at, that way you wont feel left behind. As Deb said, stake, butter, salad, olive oil.....They love you and I'm sure they'll agree to go where you want to go. One thing I've discovered over the years is that the human body has a mind of its own and it sometimes does things at its own pace and schedule, not ours. Sometimes the WL stops despite our serious efforts. Don't give up and erase all your hard work from the past months. After a period of no WL, after your body adjusts, it will start again.

Deb - the dishwasher breaking surely sucks. They are not very complicated machine and can usually be fixed, sometimes you can order the part online yourself and fix it by yourself.

Jan - so happy for you! Glad you've been cleared.

Chews - what deliciousness are you preparing today? What are your boys doing in the time off from school?

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 07-13-2013 at 07:47 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
Chris, I would highly recommend your reading through this thread by our friend Pauline who has lost a lot of weight and has dealt with the same frustrations. Maybe it will help you:
Impatience Killed The Cat .. or Why To Stop Obsessing and Tweaking ...
Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #299

I've been walking 8,000-10,000 steps a day and staying on strict LC. Lost 6.4 lbs in 7 days, but that's "old weight" I had gained while I was on the "seefood" diet ....I see it, I eat it Remember how I was in Twoterville? Well, after 8 months on the eat everything diet, I ended up at 318.4 lbs. Stupid me, should've stayed on LC despite being stuck. But no, I rebelled and here I am again regaining and losing the same lbs again and again...
Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All

Thanks for the kinds words all. I don't know but he ended it 4 weeks ago today but it feels like it happened today. I just found out about the gf and that she has kids this week so I feel like every time he plays a game with them or teaches them something....it should be Abby or Katy (...not her kids). And every time he is with her - that should be me.
I don't know how to stop this mindset of "that should be ME"???

I thought by now I would be doing much better and I came back here because I didn't think I'd break again - I thought I was ok. I hate this emotional rollercoaster.

Even like yesterday - he got 3rd degree burns at work and I was worried. He told me because it would delay sending the rent money by a few hours. I could not help but text him to find out what the Dr said. And last night I texted to say good night and I hope his feet felt better. How can I disconnect myself from this? He was not only someone I really love but also my best friend. I have no one else to talk to where I live and I sure the heck am not going to go crying to my mommy.

I am so glad I started counseling but really wish almost I would see her daily because every day is a challenge still. I thank GOD that I don't drink or smoke or do anything else because I surely would have ODed. Although I will say my Diet Soda habit has increased by a lot. But I think there are many worse things than that and eventually I will cut back.

Oh the bright side, I didn't let him take my weight loss from me. I stuck with LC except for maybe 2 days where I had to have ice cream to drown my sorrows in ..but I am still losing weight - just very slowly because of my emotional upset and bill stress. But I'll take anything I lose even if its just 0.1 lbs. I had a goal of 50lbs by end of June...I didn't quite make it but I did reach 40 lbs gone so...I'll take it.

Today is hard for me again - so I will try to stay on track but I may need another ice cream day in the future. I've been able to bypass most of those cravings by getting LC bars...but I am out right how so we will see.

Eliza - don't give up! Stay with LC! I myself have stalled for a couple weeks on/off but the bottom line is that it DOES work. It took me a little over 4 months to loose 40lbs but I will take it gladly. And I did have a couple days in there where I wasn't perfect. But the thing is - just keep going! Even if you get bored with the food...(like I am right now) just keep going.

Anyway...I am off to face the day. I still have a few $ left from what he sent us and I gotta be smart with it. I'm just trying to decide if I should get groceries or pay a bill? I don't know. They are equally important in my book. Anyway - off to make the best of today.

Talk to you all later

>Annett
Closed Thread