Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!
 
CinnamonSpice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,511
Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
I hear ya!!!!!! They were going to name Layla...Layla Noel. Noel is my DD's middle name. They changed it to Layla Jade. I just did not care for the name Jade. Sounds like a guys name to me. Anyway......it is their child. Of course I let it be known that nana thought it should be Noel not Jade. They didn't listen to me!! Can you imagine!!!

Good Monday morning every one. Let the new work week start!
Two of mine: middle names...Pearl...Ruby...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member
 
chrisdbassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 64
Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning peeps. I woke up tired. Ugh. Not a good way to start back to work and on a Monday. Oh well, having cup #2 of coffee===hopefully that will help.

Today is my anniversary. It is hard to believe but we've been married for 35 years!!!!!! I had just turned 19 and got married 2 weeks later. I was a very young bride.

Today I have my doctor appt too. I wish that wasn't today but oh well.
Congrats!!! hope you have a special day!
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
today is Steven's 18th birthday and it is pouring the rain HOT AND HUMID
i guess we will just have cake and ice cream here

can not believe my BABY is 18!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning peeps. I woke up tired. Ugh. Not a good way to start back to work and on a Monday. Oh well, having cup #2 of coffee===hopefully that will help.

Today is my anniversary. It is hard to believe but we've been married for 35 years!!!!!! I had just turned 19 and got married 2 weeks later. I was a very young bride.

Today I have my doctor appt too. I wish that wasn't today but oh well.



virtual cake has no calories or carbs!:jumpjoy :
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Thanks everyone. I am making lime marinated steak and chicken fajitas for dinner. Plus I have a bottle of champagne to pop too.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #246
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I had my 6 month wls appt. Down 82 lbs. They were happy and told me to keep doing what I've been doing. I got a B12 shot and they drew blood too. I go back at 9 months in Sept.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #247
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I had my 6 month wls appt. Down 82 lbs. They were happy and told me to keep doing what I've been doing. I got a B12 shot and they drew blood too. I go back at 9 months in Sept.
:jump joy:
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!
 
thecloude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,806
Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Chewie: Happy Anniversary and Congrats on the lost pounds!!!

Deb: Happy Birthday to your son

Nothing much to report here....still plugging along

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,282
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Tuesday morning,
Chewie....82 pounds!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!
I haven't decided what I will have for dinner tonight. I guess I
better go and get a few recipes out.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #250
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Oyy vey---yesterday was not a good day. Dh was called into work 2 hours early, he forgot to call the pool guy---pool is still not working right---he forgot our anniversary and I just stewed and said nothing. Then ds18 mentioned maybe he should go to the local community college because his university classes are 500+ people and I guess, he's finding it much harder than he thought. Great. Plus dh is upset about that more than anything so he didn't sleep and got up at 4. He has another 11 hour day and I don't know how he's going to do it.

Prayers appreciated.
__________________
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #251
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Plus I did not start my 5K program either.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,282
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Shake 'N Bake Mix - Low Carb Style -

2 cups dried onion
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper blend
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 bay leaves crushed
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C Protein Powder

Place dried onion in a food processor or blender. Pulse for 1 minute. Add everything except the Parmesan Cheese and pulse for 1 minute. Add the Parmesan and pulse for about 10 seconds.

You can use this as a coating for fried fish, fried chicken, country fried steak, chicken wings, pork chops, etc.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,282
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11

Minute Microwave Lasagna in a Mug (low Carb)
3 Tbsp pizza sauce (no-sugar added. I use store brands)
3 Tbsp cottage cheese or 2 Tbsp pesto
1/3 cup fresh spinach or greens
2 diced green olives
4 slices pepperoni
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Layer in pizza sauce. Top with pesto or cottage cheese. Add a layer of pizza/lasagna toppings. Add cheese. Press gently. Microwave on high (my microwave is 1000 watts) for one minute. Let cool slightly. Serve.
Makes 1 serving.
Share. Maybe.
Make extras ahead and refrigerate the rest for another day.
Per serving/recipe: 178 Cals.; 4 g Carbs.; 1 g Fiber; 3 g Net Carbs. ; 22 g Protein; 14 g Fat
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #254
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Oyy vey---yesterday was not a good day. Dh was called into work 2 hours early, he forgot to call the pool guy---pool is still not working right---he forgot our anniversary and I just stewed and said nothing. Then ds18 mentioned maybe he should go to the local community college because his university classes are 500+ people and I guess, he's finding it much harder than he thought. Great. Plus dh is upset about that more than anything so he didn't sleep and got up at 4. He has another 11 hour day and I don't know how he's going to do it.

Prayers appreciated.
there are 500 kids in a class there ?? WHOA i would be soo lost!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #255
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 11,812
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Marking my spot
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #256
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Marking my spot
howdy stranger!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #257
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 11,812
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
howdy stranger!
Howdy, bud! Love the glitter in your avi. How was Steven's birthday? How is Ken doing?

School year is done, kid has graduated, now mama has time to spend some time online. Starting Summer School tomorrow through July 3rd.

Anyone have any home cures for contact allergies? I used gloves to clean my oven, but then stupid me got distracted and when I saw a few spots I had missed I grabbed the sponge with all its residue from the oven cleaner with both bare hands to scrub them off. Now I have a nice rash on both hands. itchyyyyy! Have had it for over a week. Cortisol, calamine lotion, gold bond, etc. etc., everything has been tried. the only thing that helps is ice.
__________________
Eliza


Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #258
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
WHEW just vacuumed the sewing room an d i am exhausted soo bad out of shape and it is soo hot
anyone got any suggestions on cutting down the fuzz besides vacuuming or getting rid of the cats?

Eliza OATMEAL JUICE!
make loose old fashioned oatmeal and use the liquid from it to coat the allergy spots dry then re apply OFTEN more often than calamine even
that is what we are using on steven's poison ivy poor guy just me and his dad for his birthday same old same old lonely ya know? and no funds to go anywhere
__________________
you've gone where I will someday follow, But for now you are out of sight, Your years with me were just time borrowed, Before you returned to Heaven's light.
One day I'll see your pawprints glowing,Sparkling in the morning dew,Guiding me at my time of going, Leading me sunwards, back to you.
from a poem by S.L. Smith
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
352.8.328.300.285.275.270.265.260
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #259
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
aveeno b ath as well or this
Quote:
Try an oatmeal bath to help relieve itching. Wrap 1 cup of oatmeal in a cotton cloth or sock and boil as you would to cook it. Allow it to cool to room temperature, and use it as a sponge and bathe in cool water without soap
and use the water you boiled it in like you would calimine
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member
 
chrisdbassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 64
Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Anyone have any home cures for contact allergies? I used gloves to clean my oven, but then stupid me got distracted and when I saw a few spots I had missed I grabbed the sponge with all its residue from the oven cleaner with both bare hands to scrub them off. Now I have a nice rash on both hands. itchyyyyy! Have had it for over a week. Cortisol, calamine lotion, gold bond, etc. etc., everything has been tried. the only thing that helps is ice.
Hey there Eliza just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. Are you sure its an allergy? the chemicals that are in oven cleaners can be quite caustic and can leave chemical burns on spots not completely neutralized. It has happend to me many times, I work with many "household chemicals" at my work and some can be quite dangerous. A little helpful hint if it happens again you should rub baking soda on your hands or exposed areas before you wash, it will neutralize the chemicals.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member
 
chrisdbassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 64
Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Hey everyone did my first "workout" today. Spent about 30 mins on the stationary bike. I think I'm gonna ease into it a bit. Even that little of a workout has my legs and back a little weak.
I wanted to thank everyone for your support it is really helping more than you could know!!

chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #262
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 11,812
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
Hey there Eliza just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. Are you sure its an allergy? the chemicals that are in oven cleaners can be quite caustic and can leave chemical burns on spots not completely neutralized. It has happend to me many times, I work with many "household chemicals" at my work and some can be quite dangerous. A little helpful hint if it happens again you should rub baking soda on your hands or exposed areas before you wash, it will neutralize the chemicals.
Wow, thanks Chris! Great info! My bumps don't look like burns, more like allergy bumps, but one never knows.....

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 06-11-2013 at 08:48 PM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #263
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 11,812
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
WHEW just vacuumed the sewing room an d i am exhausted soo bad out of shape and it is soo hot
anyone got any suggestions on cutting down the fuzz besides vacuuming or getting rid of the cats?

Eliza OATMEAL JUICE!
make loose old fashioned oatmeal and use the liquid from it to coat the allergy spots dry then re apply OFTEN more often than calamine even
that is what we are using on steven's poison ivy poor guy just me and his dad for his birthday same old same old lonely ya know? and no funds to go anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
aveeno b ath as well or this

and use the water you boiled it in like you would calimine
Thanks Deb, I'll try these. I'm itchy and cranky grrrrrrr
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #264
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 11,812
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Chews, Happy Anniversary!!!!

You're in my prayers for the other issues.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,282
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning...
Eliza, I hope your hands are better this morning!
Chris...way to go on the working out!!!
Did we run all the new ladies off? It seems they have left. New faces would
be nice. It's good to have those excited about losing like Chris.
It's another hot day around here.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!
 
thecloude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,806
Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
I'm still here!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #267
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
there are 500 kids in a class there ?? WHOA i would be soo lost!
Yes, these are in big lecture halls and the professors don't even know the kids names. He is having a hard time with that. Our h.s. is pretty small---they only graduated 130 or so.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #268
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
Hey everyone did my first "workout" today. Spent about 30 mins on the stationary bike. I think I'm gonna ease into it a bit. Even that little of a workout has my legs and back a little weak.
I wanted to thank everyone for your support it is really helping more than you could know!!

Great job. I struggle the most with exercise so I know how hard it is.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #269
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Marking my spot
Hi girlie!!!!!It's good to have you back.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #270
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Chews, Happy Anniversary!!!!

You're in my prayers for the other issues.
Thanks.

Dh didn't even seem to react when I mentioned the missed anniversary yesterday morning during coffee. I guess he felt bad cause he brought me a nice bouquet of daisies---my favorite.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.