Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
oh i hope you have a wonderful trip! my DH and i are both 45 as well! we have 2 sons 23 and 17(for 2 more days then 18) and a DIL and will be grandparents in november
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Deb: Ooooh congrats on being grandparents soon! I'm hoping to be someday...just gotta get my boy a girl ...lol
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #213

i always wanted to be a grandma SIGH things the last couple years though have not been soo great and IDK
my youngest(be 18 monday) has yet to have his first serious relationship Kenny and Aashley(the parents to be) have been together since 7th grade
Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Saturday evening everyone....
Michele....great bucket list! Maybe I should think in terms of a bucket list. It has never crossed my mind. That is why I love newbies on our board. You give us new and great ideas!
Amber....sounds as if you have a plan for eating on your trip. That is a must for sure when traveling and staying away from home. I hope you have a wonderful time!! I would take clothes getting bigger over what the scales says any day!!! A great big for you!!!!
Have a great evening everyone!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #215

gender reveal party
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

Quote:

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1304469&type=3

in case you want to see the rest of them
Old 06-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Good morning, Looks like its turning out to be a wonderful day here. yesterday my wife and I went to Arthur IL. for the town yard sales. This is very a large Amish community. It was really interesting to see the horse and buggies tied up outside of a dollar general store! Well I must report I didnt go off plan... it was so difficult though, we went through an amish store that one whole isle was homemade candies. Chocolate and ice cream are 2 big problems for me. I used to sit and play on the computer and eat an entire family size bag of peanut M&Ms in a few days. One thing I like about staying on induction is that its so black and white for me since I have limited self control. It makes it easier to say I cant have something than I can have a little. My little always turns in to a little more and a little more. Its so much easier to just steer clear altogether thats why traditional WW and counting calories has never worked for me. But the trip was really nice we ended up eating in a Amish buffet, I enjoyed a nice salad and green beans and fried chicken minus the fried skin. So far I'm not gonna lie this past 6 weeks has been very difficult on me and my wife. Our 20 years of bad habits in eating are difficult to overcome. I will say though my wife has diabetes and her blood sugars were running in the 200-250 range and now after 6 weeks they are running in the 120-125 range. So happy for the great changes.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Deb: What a neat idea!!! Congrats again!
The scale read 289.4 this morning! I'm so happy about that...I wanted to be in the 280's before we leave Thursday to see my son....it looks like I will be! that it stays!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #218

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. We made it back safe and sound. Did 2 loads of laundry, took a nap and just hung out. Traveling is so tiring. Glad to be back in my own bed last night.

I did pretty well on vacation. I learned a lot and I did brave the scale today and ended up with a 2 pound loss which shocked me. I thought I had gained from too many snacks and stuff. I think next vacation I will do better. I will write down everything I eat so I can be more aware and learn more(and be more accountable).
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #219

Deb--what a fun way to learn you are having a granddaughter! CONGRATS
Old 06-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good Saturday morning all....
Linda....I most likely couldn't get up either!! LOL Here is something odd and I guess funny. I can NOT do jumping jacks anymore. I have no idea why. It's like a part of me is missing and won't allow it!! Of course I also can't stand on one foot for over a couple of seconds. That means my balance isn't good!
Today is Eli's 4th BD. We will keep Layla while he goes out for a fun day with mom and dad. This evening we will have supper and I have a whole table decorated with gifts and fun stuff. I bought him a little 5 inch cake since he won't eat cake anyway. I just wanted it for the pictures. Tomorrow we will go out to our son's for a big family BD party for him. I will have to plan and watch my eating tomorrow. They are having pizza so I will have a slice and maybe take the topping off of another. I am making a veggie and fruit tray to take so that will help.
What is everyone doing today? Have a good weekend. Keeping you and Ken in our prayers and thoughts Deb.
How fun.
Why doesn't he eat cake anymore?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #221

Quote:
ROUGH afternoon yesterday with Ken he is having a terrible time of it and IDK what to do
he is soo worried about us losing things and he is having bad temper changes and that is not my DH he is a very easy going guy i am the one with the terrible temper i do not know what to do to help him
Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
Good morning, Looks like its turning out to be a wonderful day here. yesterday my wife and I went to Arthur IL. for the town yard sales. This is very a large Amish community. It was really interesting to see the horse and buggies tied up outside of a dollar general store! Well I must report I didnt go off plan... it was so difficult though, we went through an amish store that one whole isle was homemade candies. Chocolate and ice cream are 2 big problems for me. I used to sit and play on the computer and eat an entire family size bag of peanut M&Ms in a few days. One thing I like about staying on induction is that its so black and white for me since I have limited self control. It makes it easier to say I cant have something than I can have a little. My little always turns in to a little more and a little more. Its so much easier to just steer clear altogether thats why traditional WW and counting calories has never worked for me. But the trip was really nice we ended up eating in a Amish buffet, I enjoyed a nice salad and green beans and fried chicken minus the fried skin. So far I'm not gonna lie this past 6 weeks has been very difficult on me and my wife. Our 20 years of bad habits in eating are difficult to overcome. I will say though my wife has diabetes and her blood sugars were running in the 200-250 range and now after 6 weeks they are running in the 120-125 range. So happy for the great changes.
Good job at the buffet. Congrats to your wife too. We have to take all the little victories and enjoy them. It is so hard.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #223

Quote:
AWESME jonb staying on plan and i am soo happy for your wife's blood sugar levels! how cool is that!!?? you both are doing great!:jumpjoy :
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Deb: What a neat idea!!! Congrats again!
The scale read 289.4 this morning! I'm so happy about that...I wanted to be in the 280's before we leave Thursday to see my son....it looks like I will be! that it stays!
HAppy dancing with you!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. We made it back safe and sound. Did 2 loads of laundry, took a nap and just hung out. Traveling is so tiring. Glad to be back in my own bed last night.

I did pretty well on vacation. I learned a lot and I did brave the scale today and ended up with a 2 pound loss which shocked me. I thought I had gained from too many snacks and stuff. I think next vacation I will do better. I will write down everything I eat so I can be more aware and learn more(and be more accountable).
WOWZA a LOSSS on vacation! you did GREAT! and had fun too!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #226

guess i will have to get used to liking pink!
Old 06-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #227

198 days until Christmas
Old 06-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Great news on your wives blood sugar level!!!!!! I would love to come see the Amish country some time. Yeah for you Chris for staying on plan!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michele.....WTG!!!!!!!!! The 280's!!!!!!!
Deb...do they have any names picked out yet? There is a new baby next door and her name is Jaycee. I thought that is sure a cute name. Oh....maybe they could name her after Ken. Something like Kena. that would be sweet to name her after grandpa. Of course they will have their very own ideas which is usually totally different than we would ever think.
Our party went well today and I did not over eat at all.
B-Atkins shake, boiled egg
L-1 small slice of pizza, veggies and dip, a couple bites of cookie cake with 1/2 cup of no sugar ice cream.
D-Salad with turkey, bleu cheese dressing
S-maybe some pork rinds if needed
Old 06-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #230

Sue we suggested Kendall but they said last night Molly Sophia
we will see!
great job on your control at the party!!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Great idea for a lost weight bucket list!

heres 5 of mine
1. Ride a horse on the beach
2. zipline
3. ride roller coasters again
4. enjoy amusement parks
5. drive a corvette or do the nascar racing experience or both!!!
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #232

Quote:
Great idea for a lost weight bucket list!

heres 5 of mine
1. Ride a horse on the beach
2. zipline
3. ride roller coasters again
4. enjoy amusement parks
5. drive a corvette or do the nascar racing experience or both!!!
i enjoyed universal studios a couple years back!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like everyone is doing fabulous sticking on plan!

Chris: We can do this and start checking off those items on our bucket lists

Sue: Glad your party went well!

Deb: I like the name Molly

Chewie: Hope you had a great vacation!

everyone else!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #234

Old 06-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #235

Howdy Michele! i wanna call her SOPHIE and so does Ashley's 14 year old sister Beth(who wants to be called AUNT B ) but they are going to call her Molly
Old 06-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #236

I saw Sue liked a post on fb that had a girl named Kendee. That is adorable.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Howdy Michele! i wanna call her SOPHIE and so does Ashley's 14 year old sister Beth(who wants to be called AUNT B ) but they are going to call her Molly
I have a granddaughter named Sophie...I love Kendall......Sue..you're right...it's the parent's choice..and we pretty much have to be quiet....one time I wasn't and it didn't go over well...lol

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 06-09-2013 at 09:40 PM..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I saw Sue liked a post on fb that had a girl named Kendee. That is adorable.
She is my daughter, Eli's mom. I named her after my dad who was Kenneth.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I have a granddaughter named Sophie...I love Kendall......Sue..you're right...it's the parent's choice..and we pretty much have to be quiet....one time I wasn't and it didn't go over well...lol
I hear ya!!!!!! They were going to name Layla...Layla Noel. Noel is my DD's middle name. They changed it to Layla Jade. I just did not care for the name Jade. Sounds like a guys name to me. Anyway......it is their child. Of course I let it be known that nana thought it should be Noel not Jade. They didn't listen to me!! Can you imagine!!!

Good Monday morning every one. Let the new work week start!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #240

Good morning peeps. I woke up tired. Ugh. Not a good way to start back to work and on a Monday. Oh well, having cup #2 of coffee===hopefully that will help.

Today is my anniversary. It is hard to believe but we've been married for 35 years!!!!!! I had just turned 19 and got married 2 weeks later. I was a very young bride.

Today I have my doctor appt too. I wish that wasn't today but oh well.