Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Ken didn't have to see the crazy ER doc that said he only had sciatica as soon as they triaged him they took him immediately back into the ICU part of the VA Er and i didn't get to stay with him but ultimately same results Dr Pullen(clinic) thought since the MRI machine was THERE they would go ahead and run it and see a neuorologist but nope when it shut down at 4:30 in the VA hospital ER doesn't use it crazy so he had another CT this time with dye but still no news he could not move his right side at all didn't know what day of the week it was and could not remember the last 4 of his social(VA identifier all vets know that by heart)
thye wanted him to raise his arm and leg could not do it he had to lift his right arm with his left for there "hold your hands up, squeeze my fingers test
soo we got back home about 1 am this morning
Dr pullen did say he would sign whatever paperwork was neccessary for the SSDI people he said yeah the poor man can not work in that shape and honestly said that it was beyond his knowledge to help Ken
it really looked like ken scared dr pullen he actually got to see it happening to him yesterday
so this morning movement back he can walk fairly well with the cane headache still there but manageable
ER doc said to ask neurologist for something to manage the pain when these episodes occur and really gave him no hope of ever stopping them he has soo much pain i do not know how long he will be able to stand living like that
thank you all for your thoughts and prayers
oh and his appointment with his neurologist ins't until September UGH
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb...who is Sharra? Is she your SIL?
Thanks Lynn....I am trying my best to work my way through cravings by allowing myself to feel the feeling and to let the feeling pass. So far so good!
lol sharra is my black kitteh i play games
Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #183

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Oh...another thing being off sugar is I am not having to take a nap daily like I was. While the kids are napping I am relaxing or doing something in the kitchen. My knee joints are starting to feel better also. Sugar does awful things to us for sure.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Everyone...Was just reading through all the posts for this month...You all look like a fun bunch!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #185

Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #186

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Praying, Deb. Can't dr pullen get him into the neurologist sooner?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
I can't even imagine your frustration...Sept. is ridiculous. This is a shot in the dark...or maybe not..does he have xrays of his neck, back, etc? So many times I have had things go wrong with my back, legs, neck .. whatever .. from a really bad fall in 1980..and before that..when I was around two...I fell down about 30 stairs on my tricycle...I know that might sound silly to some...but, I was the only one in gym class that could not do a sommersault...my neck just would not let me..and I was plagued with headaches for years..BAD headaches....and the only thing that helped was a chiropractor...my daughter had head and neck pain and for 10 years went to doctor's of one sort or another. I suggested she go to our chiro back there...she is almost normal..LOL Something to think about...I am thinking pinched nerves or something to do with the spine...but, then I am not a doctor.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 06-07-2013 at 10:33 AM..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Praying, Deb. Can't dr pullen get him into the neurologist sooner?
no he tried and treid it is the VA even when Dr pullen overnighted his meds it too 4 days to get it here
Old 06-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Miss Deb....would you be climbing up to sleep on that top bunk????
I would never be able to get back down once I climbed up!!
Linda can you relate to that? It's an age thing I guess maybe combined with the weight. Hubs would have to figure a way to get me down!
OnCloud......I hope tomorrow looks better for you! I'm guessing it is those darn scales that has you feeling a little down. I have to stay away from them or they do that to me if I don't lose the way I think I should. You are doing great so don't pay attention to those scales!!!!!
I think I will head towards my bed and watch a little tv before long. It's been a long and busy day here.
Sweet dreams to all!!
Sue - I wouldn't have a problem getting down, because I couldn't get up there.

The picture of Eli and Layla is so nice. Gorgeous babies. Don't they just make the world seem like a better place? You want the world to be a better place for them.

You're doing so well staying on plan. Kudos. I love the roasted veggies too - think I'm going to try slicing cauliflower tonight instead of just the flowerettes.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Ken didn't have to see the crazy ER doc that said he only had sciatica as soon as they triaged him they took him immediately back into the ICU part of the VA Er and i didn't get to stay with him but ultimately same results Dr Pullen(clinic) thought since the MRI machine was THERE they would go ahead and run it and see a neuorologist but nope when it shut down at 4:30 in the VA hospital ER doesn't use it crazy so he had another CT this time with dye but still no news he could not move his right side at all didn't know what day of the week it was and could not remember the last 4 of his social(VA identifier all vets know that by heart)
thye wanted him to raise his arm and leg could not do it he had to lift his right arm with his left for there "hold your hands up, squeeze my fingers test
soo we got back home about 1 am this morning
Dr pullen did say he would sign whatever paperwork was neccessary for the SSDI people he said yeah the poor man can not work in that shape and honestly said that it was beyond his knowledge to help Ken
it really looked like ken scared dr pullen he actually got to see it happening to him yesterday
so this morning movement back he can walk fairly well with the cane headache still there but manageable
ER doc said to ask neurologist for something to manage the pain when these episodes occur and really gave him no hope of ever stopping them he has soo much pain i do not know how long he will be able to stand living like that
thank you all for your thoughts and prayers
oh and his appointment with his neurologist ins't until September UGH
Deb - so glad to hear you're back home safe and sound.............But. this just makes me so aggravated and angry for you and all the vets out there being treated so shabbily. I hope you are documenting all of this - because sometime/somewhere this needs to be shown to someone that can help do something about this..............I know the VA in Ohio - where my brother goes - has not had this kind of treatment. Makes me wonder - some must be lots better than others. Such a struggle for you and your family. Praying for better days ahead.

Linda
Old 06-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Wow - everyone ran away and hid................or taking a nap...............

Been a rainy day here - not hard - just a constant shower. Poor puppies - running between the raindrops is hard. Not to mention 8 big old wet paws. But - they do love the towel rubdown when they come in.

Eats for the day...............
b - slim bun/bacon/cheese/egg white sandwich
s - walnuts
l - 3 pieces of pepperoni/pizza sauce/moz/mushroom
d - cheeseburger salad
s - fresh cherries

Weekend is fast approaching.................what's everyone doing? Calling for more rain - so I'm planning on staying put...............

Linda
Old 06-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Sue - I wouldn't have a problem getting down, because I couldn't get up there.
You and me both......you are funny...
Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Linda...our weekend is supposed to be pretty toasty...especially today...I think...if I can get up the energy..lol..I woke up early..we might go to the beach and people watch..or an outdoor mall we really like...it's called the Irvine Spectrum if you would like to google it to see what it looks like.

Whatever you do...enjoy..

P.S. Everytime I see you post I see pansies.. The gardeners plant them a lot here in the off season because I think they do better in the cooler weather.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Saturday morning all....
Linda....I most likely couldn't get up either!! LOL Here is something odd and I guess funny. I can NOT do jumping jacks anymore. I have no idea why. It's like a part of me is missing and won't allow it!! Of course I also can't stand on one foot for over a couple of seconds. That means my balance isn't good!
Today is Eli's 4th BD. We will keep Layla while he goes out for a fun day with mom and dad. This evening we will have supper and I have a whole table decorated with gifts and fun stuff. I bought him a little 5 inch cake since he won't eat cake anyway. I just wanted it for the pictures. Tomorrow we will go out to our son's for a big family BD party for him. I will have to plan and watch my eating tomorrow. They are having pizza so I will have a slice and maybe take the topping off of another. I am making a veggie and fruit tray to take so that will help.
What is everyone doing today? Have a good weekend. Keeping you and Ken in our prayers and thoughts Deb.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
I forgot to add my picture. Since summer heat and humidity seems to be here I thought this was fitting. It also reminds me of days gone by. I know there are still lots of kids from smaller towns and country kids that gets to go and do this but there are also way to many who will never see the outside of a big city. They don't know what it is to run free like we used to be able to do.

Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a picture of my son and his son...his son is around 3 at the time I think..fishing off a dock on Lake Champlain...luckily my son's wife's mother..lol...lives on Lake Champlain...so they get to go there often which is wonderful for them.

I was lucky enough when I lived in MA to have a house that backed up to conservation land with a pond on it...so, my kids were lucky to get a little taste of country....me...I lived in the country until I got married.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

We did take the kids camping alot...that helps keep things in perspective..
Old 06-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #198

Quote:
Linda....I most likely couldn't get up either!! LOL Here is something odd and I guess funny. I can NOT do jumping jacks anymore. I have no idea why. It's like a part of me is missing and won't allow it!! Of course I also can't stand on one foot for over a couple of seconds. That means my balance isn't good!
Today is Eli's 4th BD. We will keep Layla while he goes out for a fun day with mom and dad. This evening we will have supper and I have a whole table decorated with gifts and fun stuff. I bought him a little 5 inch cake since he won't eat cake anyway. I just wanted it for the pictures. Tomorrow we will go out to our son's for a big family BD party for him. I will have to plan and watch my eating tomorrow. They are having pizza so I will have a slice and maybe take the topping off of another. I am making a veggie and fruit tray to take so that will help.
What is everyone doing today? Have a good weekend. Keeping you and Ken in our prayers and thoughts Deb.
WHOOHOO HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!!!
:bi rthday:
Old 06-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #199

ROUGH afternoon yesterday with Ken he is having a terrible time of it and IDK what to do
he is soo worried about us losing things and he is having bad temper changes and that is not my DH he is a very easy going guy i am the one with the terrible temper i do not know what to do to help him
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #200

oh and today is Eliza's son's 18th birthday!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Linda...our weekend is supposed to be pretty toasty...especially today...I think...if I can get up the energy..lol..I woke up early..we might go to the beach and people watch..or an outdoor mall we really like...it's called the Irvine Spectrum if you would like to google it to see what it looks like.

Whatever you do...enjoy..

P.S. Everytime I see you post I see pansies.. The gardeners plant them a lot here in the off season because I think they do better in the cooler weather.
Wow - this is some place. Lots of walking. I don't have that much energy. I love to people watch too. Enjoy yourselves. What a nice way to spend the day though.

Yes - I love pansies. I had them growing on my deck in Colorado one year - they love the cooler temps. Even when it snowed - they still peaked through with their beautiful colors.

Linda
Old 06-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I can't do jumping jacks anymore either. I have a theory........has to do with boobs flopping/flapping - gravity being what it is - they are flopping down - when you're trying to jump up, and vice versa...........so I'll have to keep both feet on the ground. Sorry Chris - lol - tmi............

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ELI................he doesn't like cake?

Linda
Old 06-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I forgot to add my picture. Since summer heat and humidity seems to be here I thought this was fitting. It also reminds me of days gone by. I know there are still lots of kids from smaller towns and country kids that gets to go and do this but there are also way to many who will never see the outside of a big city. They don't know what it is to run free like we used to be able to do.

Love this picture. While our creek was not this pristine, it was always the 'go to place' when we were kids growing up on the farm. You're right - lots of kids never get this kind of experience anymore. We push kids to grow up too fast now a days I think - there's something to be said or a slower pace. Shows my age, doesn't it?

Linda
Old 06-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
ROUGH afternoon yesterday with Ken he is having a terrible time of it and IDK what to do
he is soo worried about us losing things and he is having bad temper changes and that is not my DH he is a very easy going guy i am the one with the terrible temper i do not know what to do to help him
Deb - you're doing what you can for Ken. I sure can understand his moods though - he is a worker and a doer - this is hard on him. My dh has had to curtail some of his DIY projects and it still is hard for him not to be the one fixing everything. Just your being there is what you are doing to help him. Hope today is better for both of you.

Linda
Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR ELIZA'S SON.......................

Eliza - hope you are having a relaxing summer now that school is out.

KC - are you lurking out there? Give us a shout out - are you doing ok?

Chewie is on her way back from vacation - safe travels for the family. Always nice to get back home though I always thought.

Lony - hey - you haven't posted a pict of Lony Jr or Carol lately........What crafty thing are you working on now? Did you make more of the western clothes? Working on Christmas things? Come out,come out - wherever you are. I bet Mr. Mike is home for a bit..........

Ok - I'm out of here to do some chores............

Amber, Michele, Jan - how are things going with the eating? I'm still doing good.........have to be always aware though - slips are so easy for me.

Linda
Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Wow - this is some place. Lots of walking. I don't have that much energy. I love to people watch too. Enjoy yourselves. What a nice way to spend the day though.

Yes - I love pansies. I had them growing on my deck in Colorado one year - they love the cooler temps. Even when it snowed - they still peaked through with their beautiful colors.

Linda
Well, fortunately they do have valet parking plus two parking garages attached...with elevators...and lots of comfortable seating with actual cushions and umbrellas that were added this year near fountains...benches all along the pathways...fun place for families with children too. So, if you don't want to walk..you can plop yourself down and people watch..we usually do our's from outside Starbucks..
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Hi everyone- Happy Saturday

Linda...you had asked how things are going with the eating...well, good I guess? I haven't lost any weight so far in June, but my clothes are baggier, so thats something. I am tempted everyday for high carb food...I am on Atkins- OWL now so I am eating more carbs. If I go a full month just maintaining...well, that would be a bummer, but I'll take it. LOL...I haven't been exercising due to some medical problems, and that has been part of the problem too I'm sure....and I don't go exactly by the book...but I'm still here! Thanks for asking - have a great weekend!!!

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- December 2nd 2014
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyBelle View Post
Hi everyone- Happy Saturday

Linda...you had asked how things are going with the eating...well, good I guess? I haven't lost any weight so far in June, but my clothes are baggier, so thats something. I am tempted everyday for high carb food...I am on Atkins- OWL now so I am eating more carbs. If I go a full month just maintaining...well, that would be a bummer, but I'll take it. LOL...I haven't been exercising due to some medical problems, and that has been part of the problem too I'm sure....and I don't go exactly by the book...but I'm still here! Thanks for asking - have a great weekend!!!
sounds like tightening and toning time to me wtg FOR STICKING TO YOUR PLAN!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #209

Old 06-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
everybody! Not much going on here today....getting stuff together to head to my son's on Thursday for a few days...I have some jerky, macadamia nuts, peanuts, and Atkins bars ready to go...it's a 10 hr drive one way...I plan on packing a cooler with water, pop, cheese and hardboiled eggs for me and whatever my husband and Mom want with. I can't wait!
The scale has read the same for me for the past 4 days but TOM arrived today so that explains that!
A little about myself.....I'm 45 yrs old...married, live in North Dakota and we have a 24 yr old son that is a Meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Wyomimg....we are so proud of him! I have a beautiful Ragdoll cat named Bindi .
My skinnier me bucket list :
Climb a mountain with my son
Fly in an airplane....never have
Would love to go to Australia
Shop for clothes anywhere! Buy souvenir tshirts...they never seem to have 4x
Not have to ask for a table at a restaurant for fear of not fitting in a booth!

Ok enough babbling for now
Have a great day!!!