Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Good evening all. Just now getting a chance to check back in.

Nice to read everyone is chugging along.

Wow Lony - you are strong - jumping in a cold fishing hole...........brrrrr. Makes me cold just thinking about it.

Eats for the day:
b - egg/ch/saus sandwich
missed lunch - too much running around
d - a really good pepperocini/romaine salad with red pepper/feta/chicken and a simple dressing. first time -very good. Will definitely make it again.

I'm gonna say good night - have to take ds to airport early in morning - he's headed for Florida for a few days.

Night everyone........

Linda
Where's he headed, Linda..I just got back from there...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Waaaa. Did not lose again today. Two days in a row on Induction!? Amber, please remind me of what I said.

Oh, well. Keep chugging along. We leave Fri for my best friend's house in north GA, to spend two nights. Then, she is going on with us to Pigeon Forge, TN, on Sunday. We're staying Sunday and Monday nights and go back to her house Tuesday. I will be back home Wednesday to my own scale. I'm a little nervous.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

BTW, this past Sunday was the last day of 1st week on Induction. I lost 6 lbs. It makes me feel better to look at it that way.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Waaaa. Did not lose again today. Two days in a row on Induction!? Amber, please remind me of what I said.

Oh, well. Keep chugging along. We leave Fri for my best friend's house in north GA, to spend two nights. Then, she is going on with us to Pigeon Forge, TN, on Sunday. We're staying Sunday and Monday nights and go back to her house Tuesday. I will be back home Wednesday to my own scale. I'm a little nervous.
I find the scale annoying at best...I would never weigh everyday...weight flucuates too much...just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing.....you weigh what you weigh...whether you get on the scale or not...I know..this is my personal opinion....scale results tend to make us feel one way or the other...1. I lost weight I can eat a little more...2. I didn't lose weight so why not eat a little more since it's not working anyway..

If I could recommend one thing to low carbers it would be...weigh once a month and keep a chart like the stock market...and watch THAT go down..by Christmas you will be off the charts...

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
BTW, this past Sunday was the last day of 1st week on Induction. I lost 6 lbs. It makes me feel better to look at it that way.
Now go pick up something that weighs six pounds......that is wonderful.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
This is a week on induction for me and I lost 4 lbs. I am telling you girls get it off before you hit my age. Everything slows down!!! Some years ago I would have had an easy 8-9 lb. loss!! I'm still happy with the loss. I worked hard for that 4 lbs!!! LOL I don't plan on getting back on the scale for maybe a month. I do better without getting on them weekly. I get depressed if I only see a pound loss. That sets me up for binge eating.

It's a rainy morning here. It's going to clear off and it will soon be hot and humid I am sure.
So here is today's menu.
B- Atkins Shake
S-boiled egg if needed
L-chicken salad on LC shell, grapes
S-If needed Pork rinds or boiled egg with iced coffee
D-Smoked sausage, bean salad, and a few beets I made the LC way.
S-?? Hopefully nothing. If needed a cup of watermelon maybe.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:

that is just 2 hours south of me

whew wa s up a lot last night filing that stuff online and ugh i forgot one of the hospitals and in the remarks i forgot to put down about his VA disability ratings
we have to make a trip over the mountain to get the release form to them and they said (i called this morning lol) we didn't have to hav e an appointment for that ugh i get soo confused anymore and Ken gets frustrated soo very easy and angry IDK
hopefully it won't take as long as it says and maybe he won't be denied
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

deb- If he is denied, remember most people are. You have to reapply. Keep going until he gets it. They want you to give up or become so frustrated that you try to work again. Then you will never get it. My nephew is going thru the same thing. He was a Navy Seal in the Gulf War and has PTS , plus terrible neck and back problems from an auto accident. The docs have said he qualifies but he is still waiting. Don't give up.
We love to go to Pigeon Forge and to Cherokee. My husband is part Cherokee Native American and I am a tiny bit. My new and first grandson is named Fox. Let's think about meeting there next summer when we are much slimmer.

Cinnamon- My mind knows you're right but I can't convince myself to stay off. At least while I'm out of town I won't be able to weigh. I'm planning to take some food with me: muffins, tuna pouches and plenty of bottles of water in a cooler.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #129

Quote:
deb- If he is denied, remember most people are. You have to reapply. Keep going until he gets it. They want you to give up or become so frustrated that you try to work again. Then you will never get it. My nephew is going thru the same thing. He was a Navy Seal in the Gulf War and has PTS , plus terrible neck and back problems from an auto accident. The docs have said he qualifies but he is still waiting. Don't give up.
We love to go to Pigeon Forge and to Cherokee. My husband is part Cherokee Native American and I am a tiny bit. My new and first grandson is named Fox. Let's think about meeting there next summer when we are much slimmer.

Cinnamon- My mind knows you're right but I can't convince myself to stay off. At least while I'm out of town I won't be able to weigh. I'm planning to take some food with me: muffins, tuna pouches and plenty of bottles of water in a cooler.
thank your nephew for his service from me from an old Army wife
Ken was in the gulf in 91 Third tank across the line and in operation iraqi freedom in04-05 and has ptsd that is getting worse and we JUST NOW found out how to REGISTER for a gulf war exam lol we went to do it and the doc passed away that gave them SIGH and they are in NO hurry to hire a new one KWIM?
congratulations on your new grandson!!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I am very proud of my nephew.After parachuting, broke his leg and they buried him with leg up and foot beside his face to come back for after the war 'games' were done. He was hospitalized and released but not able to be a Seal anymore. He stayed on as dispatcher for a while but left as soon as he could.

Also, thank your husband for his service. Disability is a slow process. Hang in there. I really think you need a lawyer to speed things up. It's been almost a year , but my nephew finally has a court date in August if he doesn't receive benefits before then.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #131

Old 06-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #132

Steven got his dorm assignment! and he got the one he wanted still don't know about his roomamte though
lol here is the sink area in the room does no guys ever post pics of their rooms?? lol this is clearly a girls room
Old 06-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #133

i am tickled he won't have to leave the room to shave or brush his teeth or just to get a drink of water! and it looks like a lot of storage for a dorm room!
cable internet and phone are included in the dorm price! i was surprised at that but i will take it!
lol i got steven a neutral grey comforter set and he had a red sheet set from the summers at berea soo should almost coordinate with whatever his roommate has

estimating on their site and 2 of his books not listed but price is coming in at 183 so far hopefully the other 2 wont raise it too much one of the classes is theatre so i am hoping no required text for it

going with rental books where available hoping that is a good decision
Old 06-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Dorm rooms don't look like they used to! That's nice. I think renting books is fine if it's cheaper. I threw and gave away many books. You don't need them once the class is over unless it's really important to your major and you want to keep it for research.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Deb....glad Steven got the dorm he was wanting. Now let's hope for a really great room mate!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #136

Ken is very very weak this afternoon can't seem to catch his breath and just soo tired memory has been worse today too and slurring his words again
gah i hate this
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Where's he headed, Linda..I just got back from there...
You visited your father didn't you? Is he on east or west coast of Florida? My oldest ds lives on the east. Youngest that is on vacation there is now on his way to the Keys - staying in Miami for 4 nights, then heading back to Orlando to visit his brother for a few days. We lived in Satellite Beach for 3 years - right on the ocean.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I find the scale annoying at best...I would never weigh everyday...weight flucuates too much...just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing.....you weigh what you weigh...whether you get on the scale or not...I know..this is my personal opinion....scale results tend to make us feel one way or the other...1. I lost weight I can eat a little more...2. I didn't lose weight so why not eat a little more since it's not working anyway..

If I could recommend one thing to low carbers it would be...weigh once a month and keep a chart like the stock market...and watch THAT go down..by Christmas you will be off the charts...
Good Post Lynn. I can't weigh all the time - does terrible things to my mind and morale.

Linda
Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - that's good news for Steven. Having that sink will really make a huge difference. Now - hope that he gets a good roommate. When does he go officially? Will he go the week or 2 weeks before school officially opens?

Prayers for Ken - his body has to be so tired from all it's gone through. I hate that the disability thing has to take so darn long. But, as Jan said - they automatically decline - which really stinks, just keep it up - I know my brother knew someone at the VA that was a big help in all his paperwork.

Eats for the day.......

b - egg/ch/saus sandwich
l - leg/thigh from the rot. chicken
s - walnuts
d - greek omelet with egg/feta/on/tom.............oooh - so good
s - seeds/nuts 1oz.

and the sweet won out - had one of the atkins choc/pean/car bars..........so good with a cup of tea...........

Night all...............sleep tight............pleasant dreams...............

Linda
Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MisticalMisty
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Start Date: January 13
Thanks everyone for the welcome backs and welcomes. Hi to the new faces

Sue-glad to see that you are alright. I heard the Blue Bell factory got some damage from the tornado the other night...is that true?

I think since the last time I posted a lot of things have happened. I can't remember if I hurt my foot before or after I stopped posting.. I broke my foot in May and then we went on a 2 week road trip in June...went back and forth with the podiatrist with my foot and she finally told me to get out of the boot in August. I just felt that it wasn't the right decision..went to a new podiatrist and sure enough I was in a larger boot for about another 4 months. I'm boot free now..so yay!

In the midst of all of that, my mom had a heart attack last July or August..I can't remember which...hell it may have been June. I ended up in the hospital with a staph infection and then again in August with my first asthma attack. While fighting with the hubs in the hospital he finally got a call that he got a full time, permanent job. Woot. We've spent the last year trying to get caught up on bills only to have me laid off at the end of April...the 26th to be exact...3 days before my birthday and less than a week before my 3 year anniversary with the company...luckily...I had already interviewed for a position. I had my second interview about a week after my lay off and a week after that they offered me the position. I was number 1 out of 32. I still smile like a school girl when I say that!

As far as diet, I've been all over the charts. My blood sugar has been decent. We started a paleo/primal diet in January and when we stick to it..we do great..when we don't..we don't. We started back up this week and I've done well. I woke up craving biscuits and gravy and made them low carb style for dinner. Yumm-o.

My ornament business took off last year and I hope to at least double that this year. I've expanded to making home made cards. I'm loving it and it definitely kept me busy from June until January.

I guess that's it for me. I can't promise I will be around forever..sometimes I just have to give up being online to decompress, but I'll try to stick around more often
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You visited your father didn't you? Is he on east or west coast of Florida? My oldest ds lives on the east. Youngest that is on vacation there is now on his way to the Keys - staying in Miami for 4 nights, then heading back to Orlando to visit his brother for a few days. We lived in Satellite Beach for 3 years - right on the ocean.

Linda
Yes..visited my Dad...he is on the east coast...then we went to the west coast and all the way down to the Keys..
Old 06-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #142

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:

Linda
Wow, that sounds great. Why did you leave?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #143

Wow, Misty you have had a lot going on. Glad you are posting again.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #144

I am feeling so down today. This is the first vacation since I lost 80 lbs. It is hard. My family does not have junk food at home so they went nuts here with tons of chips, bread, ice cream. Sigh. Plus to make things even more challenging, i have a dr appt on Monday.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #145

went to doc got just 3 months of refills UGHi told him i would not be back in 3 months because i wouldn't have insurance and would probaly call every day for refills over the phone then UGH but i did convince him to get me an antifungal RX he didn't want to but dang this ear sinus tooth thingie has been going on too too long if it hadn't been for Kim sending me the chamomilla and me taking the olive leaf extract(THANKS ELIZA) holding it at bay i would have been in the looney bin long ago
Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #146

Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #147

Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #148

the kittie posts
Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #149

aren't little kitties just like that little guy?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
I agree love that cat posts I have had cats my entire life. I currently have 2, one of them was a sidewalk rescue. My wife worked at a law firm which was in front of a very busy main street. 2 ladys that worked with her were walking on the side walk out front near the road and the heard a kitten crying. So the brought it in and showed to my wife and she said she would take care of it the rest of the day. Poor thing got dumped near the road it was terrified it belly was bloated and she couldnt have been more than 6 weeks old or maybe a little less. My wife brought her home and we took her to the vet and had her checked out. 7 years later she is still a little timid except around us. She is still terrified to even stick her head out the door of the house.

On to the weight loss journey, today I weighed when I got home from work I was 315. I have to say I'm pretty excited I know my starting weight was somewhere around 345. So far a 30 pound loss in 6 weeks!!! Im very happy but I know I'm sure I'm getting near a plateu but I hope not. My goal is 260 by the end of august. I know thats a pretty big goal but if I can make it. It will be worth the rewards! I was actually planning on having an off plan meal this upcoming saturday. I'm still on the fence about it, I have been dying for a cookie dough concrete, but I hate to throw myself out of whack for a week for 10 minutes of satisfaction.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote