Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I'm not only a farmer's daughter, I am a farmer's wife and a farmer's mother. I used to farm, but gave it up when I went to work full time. I did all of our hauling and a lot of field work. We also raised thousands of head of pigs. When I think back, I can't imagine how I did it all. This is not a good year to be a farmer. We have had so much rain we can't get in the fields. We don't even have all of our corn planted yet.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
deb- We moved into our currant home 4 years ago and I have not found lots of things. Had to go buy a muffin pan. I had 2 when I moved.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
OH Lynn!
All you need is a batmobile, Deb. I can't wear heels anymore...although, I haven't given up hope for forever...I could put those on a shelf and stare at them though...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Ok....back to reality!!!!! Summer isn't even here yet!!!!!! LOL
I do like watermelon on a hot summer day!!! I just love this picture. It takes me back to childhood. Not that I ever picked watermelons but they grew them close by and daddy and I would go pick out a big ole black diamond. We paid something like .50-.75 for a big one!!
It's been an easy day of not eating since I have been busy.
I wish I could do that every day!

B-Atkins Shake
L-Salad with turkey and a wonderful bleu cheese dressing!
S-Iced coffee
D-Taco Salad with beef and avocado and home made LC chips with home made salsa!! Yum!!
S- A fruit malt. I am using coconut milk to make it.
Could be a farm in Upstate New York..wow..what they can do with pictures on the internet...Fall will be here soon enough...and I will be another year older...I will enjoy today...the seasons are nice....
Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Hmmmm, that's something to think about Sue. Yes, I'm Jan.

Lynn- Love that crisp feeling in the air during fall too.

Sue- My daddy grew black diamond watermelons. So yummy! He was a farmer and cattleman. Grew cotton and soy beans. Cattle were Black Angus and a few Red Angus. We ate beef all the time. Every cut. It was a treat on Sunday because Mama would buy a chicken and we'd have fried chicken and gravy. Good ole' days.

Lovely- Jingle Bells, yay!! Dread the ice cream truck starting here. DH usually goes out and gets us one a couple days a week. Not this year.
Jan
This made me laugh...I grew up on a chicken farm..we had chicken every Sunday...
Old 06-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, someone said I was 5'6" 1/2...back in the day...I have to assume they were correct...last time they told me 5'6"...I prefer to think my hair is flatter..LOL
Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
All you need is a batmobile, Deb. I can't wear heels anymore...although, I haven't given up hope for forever...I could put those on a shelf and stare at them though...
i have never been able to wear heeels but i DO need the Batmobile i love muscle cars i found those heels on a FB Halloween page and thought they might make you smile
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #98

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi i am marking my spot. We are on vacation this week at the lake so i will not be posting much. Hope you are all doing well. I am 5 feet 2
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #99

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Misty--welcome back
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #100

whoohoo vacation! have fun for me Chewie
Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Deb Thanks for the sparkles and pics...lol...

Jan Yeah, I've posted pics medical problems I wouldn't share with most people....to put up my name is scary for me-lol. Anybody else out there have a bad internet experience?? LOL...I really don't expect to have one while on LCF, I didn't in the past and I did post my location and name.

For..uh..constipation, you could always do that horrible mix I'm doing...LOL...I mentioned it to you before on the other board. The brand I bought is from Walgreens...a bit pricey, but it's been working- bowel movement every 1-2 days. The brand is Konsyl, all natural psyllium fiber. I put 1 teaspoon in an empty water bottle, add cold water...shake it up...and drink it as best as I can...LOL (Yuck). You gotta mix thoroughly else you could choke (and I did the first time...) It ain't as nice as fruit, but it's gotta do for now. Yes, I'm happy with this thread too!

Amber

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- December 2nd 2014
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Hello MisticalMisty and Chewiegand...I'm 2 weeks back on LCF too...
Old 06-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Cinnamon- According to where you are raised I guess!!??

Amber- I've never had a bad experience on internet; I'm just so ashamed of how I have let myself go and have never told anyone my weight. Not Mama, not sisters, not dh( for goodness sake no). Not anyone. I also have medical problems and am disabled. I taught school for 19 yrs. Yep, gotta get some husks.

chewie- Have fun!

deb- I used to wear heels; taught school in them every day. Wasn't this heavy. When I lost the first go round I could wear them again so might grt to. Not if they hurt though. Too old for that.

How do I put my name on? I'll do it.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Please excuse my spelling and grammar. I looked back and I have really made some big mistakes. It doesn't matter here though, right? All among friends.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #105

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Lony- You are a strong woman to stick to only meat! How do you ever go to the bathroom? I'm beginning to have some trouble now and I'm eating veggies.

Linda- Yay, for another farmer's daughter. Not many of us around anymore. Not many farms left either. Can you imagine if we asked someone to 'plug a watermelon' now days? I thump them and listen for the hollowest sound. I'm also shrinking. Was 5'4" but am about 5'3 1/2. Yuck! Waist has not followed suit!

Amber- Thank you for being trusting enough to put your name on here. (Very pretty name too) I know how you feel. It was a while before I put mine on too. I am so embarrassed and would not want anyone in the real world to know how much I weigh or other personal struggles I'm having.Isn't it wonderful that we have this thread??!!

deb- Still thinking of you!

Jan
I take this nasty stuff called EZfiber and drink about three times the normal requirements of water. Pickles will help too. They are free food!!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #106

Sue you thought I was 5'2 I actually was, once, in the 5th grade.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #107

Deb, I could use a little bit of that heat. Send it up north please.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #108

Have a great time on vacation Chewie!!!!

MISTY!!!!! You came up for air! I was afraid you were caught in a glitter avalanche.

Belle and oncloud9 it is very nice to meet you. Sorry I have been quite a bit scatter brained here lately and I have not taken the time to properly welcome you!

Last edited by Lony; 06-03-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #109

Quote:
Please excuse my spelling and grammar. I looked back and I have really made some big mistakes. It doesn't matter here though, right? All among friends.
heck if speeling counted i would have been in trouble long ago! and sometimes my keyboard is haunted and differnt letters stick for no reason
for needing to go to the bathroom try some natural calm tastes better than most stuff

gah trying to wade through this stuff to start Ken's SSDI claim and looking over his VA papers he doesn't have ONE rating at 40% or higher but does have 2 at 30% gah what if i mess all this stuff up?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Deb, I could use a little bit of that heat. Send it up north please.
you KNOW i would gladly trade ya!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Lony...nice to meet you too! I have been to Wyoming, I bet you'll have a beautiful summer up there!

Jan Under the 'User Control Panel', you can click signature and put your name or a quote or whatever you like...there.

Oh, so you were a school teacher- Wow. I bet you have some good stories-lol. I actually joined LCF at the same time I qualified for disability- 2006...hoping to lose this darn bulge! I have worked at a low paying job in addition to drawing disability...but I am not currently working because of taking care of my Mom and my own health problems. I do have a college degree, so it wasn't my plan to be unemployed, but life has other plans! Perhaps, in the future, I will be able to work a low stress job again.

As far as meeting people on LCF, I did make a good friend back in 2006...she was 300+, we met on one of the boards. We would send emails and even Christmas cards-lol, but in the past couple of years, she became busy in her home life and we haven't emailed. She was also not able to work because of health problems and lived on a very tight budget- it's helpful to talk to others that are in the same boat!

I would tell my weight to people now (I've become less sensitive about it) if it came up in relevant conversation. NOT to a guy I'm interested in dating...LOL.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Deb 'My keyboard is haunted'- lol...my number pad wasn't working earlier this week and now it is...yep, checked number lock....it would just move the cursor around when I pressed the numbers....HAUNTED! Boooo!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Lony- You are a machine!

deb- Get a lawyer. They only charge if you are successful. They know the ends and outs. The paperwork can be overwhelming and they will help you. They are paid when you are so it's nothing out of pocket.

Amber- I could tell you stories that would make your blood curdle, you vomit and die of embarrassment. I'm proud of you for taking care of your mom. I did my mom and dad until their passing. I have no regrets. It's not easy. Yes, being in the same boat helps. It's nice to have help paddling! Keeps me from paddling off the deep end! LOL
Old 06-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #114

Quote:
Lony- You are a machine!

deb- Get a lawyer. They only charge if you are successful. They know the ends and outs. The paperwork can be overwhelming and they will help you. They are paid when you are so it's nothing out of pocket.

Amber- I could tell you stories that would make your blood curdle, you vomit and die of embarrassment. I'm proud of you for taking care of your mom. I did my mom and dad until their passing. I have no regrets. It's not easy. Yes, being in the same boat helps. It's nice to have help paddling! Keeps me from paddling off the deep end! LOL
What kind of machine? Sewing machine? Reloading machine? Machine gun? I rather like the last two!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Lony- A workout, lowcarbing, sassy and inspirational machine!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Get your tookus in a tent and head for the hills. I do take food because relying on fishing will make you very hungry most times.
I like relying on a fridge........and my shape sure shows it. Funny - I somehow thought of you being 5'4 too. I always wished I was 5'8 and had long black straight hair. I have short curly hair that looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket if it gets too long. It goes the way it wants - not the way I want it to. But then - I know I would not like taking care of it. So do you go tent camping???

Linda
pansies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #117

Quote:
Lony- A workout, lowcarbing, sassy and inspirational machine!!!!!
I will take it! And thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
I like relying on a fridge........and my shape sure shows it. Funny - I somehow thought of you being 5'4 too. I always wished I was 5'8 and had long black straight hair. I have short curly hair that looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket if it gets too long. It goes the way it wants - not the way I want it to. But then - I know I would not like taking care of it. So do you go tent camping???

Linda
We do go tent camping. I will admit that I like sleeping on an air mattress though! Cook over an open fire, try to catch your fish for dinner and use a bush for the bathroom! I even bathe in the creek.

Hummm I wonder what it is about me that made y'all think I was short?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Lony Bathe in the creek...oh my gosh....COLD!!!!!!!! I do enjoy a good campfire...haven't had one in a long time...
Goodnight all!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Good evening all. Just now getting a chance to check back in.

Nice to read everyone is chugging along.

Wow Lony - you are strong - jumping in a cold fishing hole...........brrrrr. Makes me cold just thinking about it.

Eats for the day:
b - egg/ch/saus sandwich
missed lunch - too much running around
d - a really good pepperocini/romaine salad with red pepper/feta/chicken and a simple dressing. first time -very good. Will definitely make it again.

I'm gonna say good night - have to take ds to airport early in morning - he's headed for Florida for a few days.

Night everyone........

Linda
pansies is online now   Reply With Quote