Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
When I first moved to California, I had no AC in my car...it was like sitting in a can in traffic..omg..it was awful...I am so thankful for AC..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i have gotten soo addicted to A/C! ugh until hmm 1995 maybe? i never had it in vehicles or anything and now i can't seem to do without it
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
So, my nephew asks us after church today to join them for lunch at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse for his son's bday(my great nephew.) I ate the soup which was 98% broth with onion/mushrooms. Salad w/ ginger dressing(ate maybe 1/2 teas.), chicken,shrimp and mixed veggies. The fried rice almost killed me though. Cooked everything at table and it looked so good. My sister, who just started this WOE, whispered to me,"Are you going to eat the rice"? I pretended I didn't hear because of my own inner conflict. I then said no, dh can have it. She said, yes, my dh can too. I did my good deed of the day. If I had said yes, she would have caved too. I know this is a little detailed but I didn't know about it until time to leave and I was not mentally prepared. Something really important to me. Everything tasted really salty so I told her we needed to go home and drink lots of water.

deb-Ding Ding Ding, you're the winner. Rolling Stones. It's only Rock and Roll but I like it, I like it, yes I do! I know you don't miss those long winters. My house air has been broken the last two years and will be again this year. Can't afford a whole new system and that's what we need. We have a window unit in the bedroom so we can sleep. When it gets really terrible, I take my computer and go in there during the daytime.

Cinnamon- We have kept air in our vehicles. I bought a new KIA Sorrento last year so it will be under warranty for 5 years. We used to take a drive to cool off but can't afford the gas for that anymore.
oncloud9now2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #64

OOH I MOSSS LONG WINTERS FOR SURE SIGH EVEN JUST A FEW SNOW DAYS USED TO HAVE THE BEST TIMES WITH MY BOYS
soprry caps lock and fat fingers GREAT job on not caving to the rice dinner sounds soo good though

everything is getting to me bBAD i just went OFF on Ken and Steven for really no reason IDk how much more i can handle we are all 3 in the same boat and here i go trying to sink us further
Old 06-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #65

oh that is awful about your house A/C!!! and just for a couple bucks worth of copper crazy! can you afford another window unit in the main living area to help?/ this summer is going to be horribly hot i am thinking
Old 06-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Our living area is open. Kitchen, den, dining room breakfast area. Too much to cool. We have ceiling fans and trees around our house so that helps to keep it pretty cool. 90's are unbearable. 80's OK if we don't open doors or windows and turn on all fans. We'll live. We have the last two years.
I love that shirt. So bright and you have a beautiful smile!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #67

OH Lynn!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #68

wow these look good!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16451619
Old 06-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
I just heard the ice cream truck outside and it was playing 'Jingle Bells'...lol...it was one street over from my house...it seems to drive too fast for anyone to GET an ice cream...but hey, that's good news for me.

oncloud9 Good Job resisting rice...it's hard at those kind of restaurants....it goes with the meal. And good for leading your sister from temptation!
Sorry to hear about your AC situation! At the very least you have your bedroom unit...I know Atlanta must be very hot. I knew people when I lived in Southern FL. That didn't use the AC...it's tough.

Just LOOK at that heel! LOL...

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- June 3rd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Sunday evening everyone!!!
Chris...I'll dream with you and vote to move to St. Thomas in the winter time. Glad all is ok after the storms. Hopefully we are done with them for awhile. I know here in Okla. we are praying we are!!!
Jan....way to go on staying away from the rice!! You know...our air conditioner broke down a few yrs. back and instead of replacing it for thousands of $$ we bought 4 window units. OMG...they about freeze us out at times. They keep the house so much cooler than our AC ever did plus we still can not believe how cheap they are for us to run compared to the AC. P.S. I am calling you by the right name aren't I??? I hope so.
Lovey Belle...love your picture! You are a cutie tootie!!!
Hi Deb....sometimes when it comes to our DIL's we have to just let it go with certain things. I'm sorry she doesn't want to help out by working right now. DD worked right up to two days before having each of her babies. DD loves money!! LOL Just always remember this Deb when you want to blast your DIL. "She is the gate keeper and holds the key to seeing your grand kids". Never forget that.
Lynn.....I LOVE me some Fall!!!!! I love the crisp days, changing of the leaves, the pumpkin patch, seeing the little ones dressed for halloween, the cool evenings, and frost on the pumpkins in the mornings!!!!!! Oh....and I love a hot cup of pumpkin Latte to go with that morning!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok....back to reality!!!!! Summer isn't even here yet!!!!!! LOL
I do like watermelon on a hot summer day!!! I just love this picture. It takes me back to childhood. Not that I ever picked watermelons but they grew them close by and daddy and I would go pick out a big ole black diamond. We paid something like .50-.75 for a big one!!
It's been an easy day of not eating since I have been busy.
I wish I could do that every day!

B-Atkins Shake
L-Salad with turkey and a wonderful bleu cheese dressing!
S-Iced coffee
D-Taco Salad with beef and avocado and home made LC chips with home made salsa!! Yum!!
S- A fruit malt. I am using coconut milk to make it.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good Morning Sunshines! Oh my gosh, all this Christmas talk! Let me get a little bit of summer under my belt before I have to think about the winter wonderland. LOL

We are going to be 77 today but then we go back down to the 60's again. Darn it, I wanted to go camping next weekend but it is still snowing in the mountains.

So I am doing pretty good with my low carb. I kept the carbs under 7 all week and then yesterday I broke down and had a BLT. Now I guess it is back to the drawing board for this chickie.
You know - I'm thinking that BLT won't hurt you a bit. Kinda like a splurge - when you've been so good - your body won't register it. But - 7 carbs for the whole week - or for the day. Wow - either is terrific.

Now - when you say go camping - are we talking really back to nature camping - or the citified kind - in a camper with all the amenities? Not me - I like my creature comforts too much. Home is good.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

The eats for today:

b - special k breakfast sand
l = 2 eggs and bacon
snack - walnuts
d - diced ham, broccoli, cheese sauce

I think someone already mentioned the Atkins bars............omword..........I had the choc/nut/caramel one, thinking they are too good to be good to eat.............lol - but that didn't stop me from eating one................have to really space them out. Did someone also say that they stopped them from losing?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #74

that warmed shake sounds great Linda! hot chocolate
Old 06-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmmm, that's something to think about Sue. Yes, I'm Jan.

Lynn- Love that crisp feeling in the air during fall too.

Sue- My daddy grew black diamond watermelons. So yummy! He was a farmer and cattleman. Grew cotton and soy beans. Cattle were Black Angus and a few Red Angus. We ate beef all the time. Every cut. It was a treat on Sunday because Mama would buy a chicken and we'd have fried chicken and gravy. Good ole' days.

Lovely- Jingle Bells, yay!! Dread the ice cream truck starting here. DH usually goes out and gets us one a couple days a week. Not this year.

Jan
Old 06-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Lony- How can you keep your carbs at 7? Do you not eat any veggies?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Hmmmm, that's something to think about Sue. Yes, I'm Jan.

Lynn- Love that crisp feeling in the air during fall too.

Sue- My daddy grew black diamond watermelons. So yummy! He was a farmer and cattleman. Grew cotton and soy beans. Cattle were Black Angus and a few Red Angus. We ate beef all the time. Every cut. It was a treat on Sunday because Mama would buy a chicken and we'd have fried chicken and gravy. Good ole' days.

Lovely- Jingle Bells, yay!! Dread the ice cream truck starting here. DH usually goes out and gets us one a couple days a week. Not this year.

Jan

Jan - I'm a farmer's daughter too......corn and soy beans in Ohio. Loved the black angus cattle - until we had to sell them. Mom raised chickens too. You're right - they were the good ole days. Now - just how do you go about picking out a good watermelon? I bought one a couple weeks ago - and was lucky it was good. I remember mom always used to make the guy plug them - remember that?

Linda
Old 06-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

I'm nosy.............how tall is everyone?

I used to be 5'4...........why do I have to shrink in height and not weight? Now I'm 5'3. Geesh - I'm being compacted. Think it work if I got one of those things that hang you upside down and stretch myself out?

Linda
Old 06-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #79

i am 5'5" or i was i am afraid i have shrunk too
Old 06-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
OKSUE- Why thank you! ....what a nice thread this is

oncloud9now....your name is Jan? Nice to meet you, my name is Amber. We've been chatting a lot back and forth since we both restarted, haven't we? I'm not ready to put my real name in my permanent signature yet, but I feel alright saying my name here.
Oh you have an ice cream truck too! Temptation on wheels! lol...

Linda- I'm 5'4"...although I was just measured last week at the Dr's office and the nurse said slightly under 5'4"...another Dr's office said slight over...what in the world??

I grew up in the country too, although not on a farm...I was surrounded by them. I do currently live in a medium sized city in an apartment surrounded by neighbors. I miss privacy. I miss the country.

Beautiful pics...such a fun active thread here....not all about the WOE! It's nice...
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #81

i am glad you like it here!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Chris - So glad to hear that you and family are ok. That was too close for comfort, that's for sure. So sad to see all the devastation from all these storms. My heart goes out to all that are suffering. You know - I had a friend that worked in a meat packing company - sounds a lot like your warehouse - always so cold. She's suffering some major health issues because of it. Being on the concrete floor is rough on the joints. Is there any chance of you moving - or is family close and it's just not an option for you and your wife?
Thanks, well, as of now, no chance of moving I have at least 5 more years to put in for full retirement after that we will see what happens. mine and my wifes family live near us, also my brother and sisters live close by. I'm not sure my dream to move somewhere warm will happen but it is a wish!
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #83

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Lony- How can you keep your carbs at 7? Do you not eat any veggies?
As a general rule, nope. It has been hard since I developed an egg allergy but I try to just have meat. I also average my carbs for the week. If I have no carbs one day then that leaves me 14 for the next day and I splurge those on celery.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #84

Quote:
You know - I'm thinking that BLT won't hurt you a bit. Kinda like a splurge - when you've been so good - your body won't register it. But - 7 carbs for the whole week - or for the day. Wow - either is terrific.

Now - when you say go camping - are we talking really back to nature camping - or the citified kind - in a camper with all the amenities? Not me - I like my creature comforts too much. Home is good.

Linda
Get your tookus in a tent and head for the hills. I do take food because relying on fishing will make you very hungry most times.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #85

Quote:
I'm nosy.............how tall is everyone?

I used to be 5'4...........why do I have to shrink in height and not weight? Now I'm 5'3. Geesh - I'm being compacted. Think it work if I got one of those things that hang you upside down and stretch myself out?

Linda
5'9 flat footed.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MisticalMisty
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Start Date: January 13
Hi friends. It's been a while
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony...Why why I thinking you were around 5'2???????? Now you have messed my mind up on what I thought you looked like!! 5'9 is tall girl!!
Jan....OMG on the home grown melons and beef! Nothing like beef from a local farmer. We used to get a side of beef all the time. We used to have fried chicken on Sunday with mashed potatoes and thick white gravy(with crispy crumbs in it). I always tried sneaking a crumb or two out before she made the gravy!! LOL
Linda....I am 5'5. I used to be 5'6. See what happens when you get old!!
Starting next week or week after I will have No kids on Mon. and Tues. Wed I will have Layla only while Eli stays home with dad. I will have them both on Thurs. and Friday. It will be that way until August when he starts going to a day care in his home town. They will bus the kids to pre school. Nana isn't happy with them sending him to a day care. I'll sure miss him. He spends a lot of time here and likes spending nights also. I will put some pics up soon. Sat. is Eli's 4th BD. We are having a family BD party Sunday at our son's for him.
Lovely Bell.....I miss the country also. I grew up in a small town of 600 people. It's hard to slow down living in the city. I miss that slow pace!!
Misty!!!!!!!!!!! Hello. How are you doing? Are you back for good or just dropping in. I hope you are coming back!!!!!
Deb...good morning. I hope your week is better this week!!!
Hello to everyone I missed!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Hi friends. It's been a while
HOWDY MISTY!! how are you doing??
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #89

Good morning all! sigh didn't get up and get my running around done this morning but at least i can call and pay the ins and get my library card renewed soo hot
and does ANYONE know where my wafflemaker is hiding? Ken said he would like waffles this morning and it has been soo very long since i used it i could not find it HECk i can't remember WHEN i used it last
Old 06-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Lony- You are a strong woman to stick to only meat! How do you ever go to the bathroom? I'm beginning to have some trouble now and I'm eating veggies.

Linda- Yay, for another farmer's daughter. Not many of us around anymore. Not many farms left either. Can you imagine if we asked someone to 'plug a watermelon' now days? I thump them and listen for the hollowest sound. I'm also shrinking. Was 5'4" but am about 5'3 1/2. Yuck! Waist has not followed suit!

Amber- Thank you for being trusting enough to put your name on here. (Very pretty name too) I know how you feel. It was a while before I put mine on too. I am so embarrassed and would not want anyone in the real world to know how much I weigh or other personal struggles I'm having.Isn't it wonderful that we have this thread??!!

deb- Still thinking of you!

Jan