Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #631
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
well I knew it would come eventually but I had hoped not this soon! I have reached a stall point. I know people say not to worry but its very dissapointing to see movement in the wrong direction for a week. I started monday at 303 and this morning I was 306 with absolutely no varation in my meal plans. I know I will have some flucuations in weight but I had hoped this was gonna be my week to be under 300 pounds and a big mile stone passed! I am so dissapointed, I watched some friends from last weekend to this weekend eat pizza and breadsticks and burgers with fries drinking soda and wine, all the time sitting there wondering why this has to be so hard!!! All that would have been alot easier to take if not for the stall, it plants that little thought in your head well if im not gonna lose anything anyway why not eat what I WANT!!! DANG
You know Chris...it used to bother me too...now all I can taste is the gluey breadsticks in my mind...and unless the pizza is very good and is made with high quality ingredient's...which most aren't...(profit in cheap pizza is high)...I don't miss that crap at all...soda is crap...the more you hear about soda the more you realize the health implications of it..wine gives me a headache..so I don't miss that... You know the only thing you are missing Chris is a slow road to poor health....why not eat what you want...?...umm...I could name about 100 things you won't have to deal with if you eat healthy. There is no way you will not get there if you eat healthy...locarb...funny I was just talking to DBF last night...I used to have the WORST acid reflux...half of the people I know are on meds for it...haven't had it in years now...and I could go on and on...but, you really know it all already...I don't believe in stalls...to me it is just my body catching up and redistributing the weight...by Christmas...you will be glad you stuck with it...if you don't stick with it...in January you will be saying...let's try this again...

(Tough love)..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #632
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Deb...geez...one of these darn days everything is going to go right....I am still beyond baffled Ken doesn't see a doctor until September...but, at least you got through the day...onwards and upwards.... Sorry about Steven and the job..but, you know what..it wasn't meant to be. Who calls you up and says can you be here in 15 minutes...a company you don't want to be working for.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
You know Chris...it used to bother me too...now all I can taste is the gluey breadsticks in my mind...and unless the pizza is very good and is made with high quality ingredient's...which most aren't...(profit in cheap pizza is high)...I don't miss that crap at all...soda is crap...the more you hear about soda the more you realize the health implications of it..wine gives me a headache..so I don't miss that... You know the only thing you are missing Chris is a slow road to poor health....why not eat what you want...?...umm...I could name about 100 things you won't have to deal with if you eat healthy. There is no way you will not get there if you eat healthy...locarb...funny I was just talking to DBF last night...I used to have the WORST acid reflux...half of the people I know are on meds for it...haven't had it in years now...and I could go on and on...but, you really know it all already...I don't believe in stalls...to me it is just my body catching up and redistributing the weight...by Christmas...you will be glad you stuck with it...if you don't stick with it...in January you will be saying...let's try this again...

(Tough love)..
so true so true thanks for the supportive words!!!
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
everyone!

Chris: We all go through these issues....right now I'm fighting a 7 lb weight gain in 5 days and haven't changed a thing.....Do you weigh everyday?? I have a journal on my IPad that I log my weight everyday and I usually write a comment beside it...I have been doing this since April 1st...So when I'm having issues I like to go back a read through my logs....amazingly the weight eventually goes away! I just need to see it written down to realize it sometimes. I also log all my food everyday so I can do the same thing. Hang in there! Cinnamonspice is so right!

Chewie: Good luck with your dinner...I made a Cornish hen last night along with some loaded baked cauliflower...it was soooo good

Deb: hope you have a great day today!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Ohhhhh, Chris. How many times have I told myself the same thing. Just this morning as a matter of fact. Chewie is right. Hard road. Nobody understands unless they've traveled it. I eat pretty much the same things every day and have not cheated once since beginning May 27th. I'm down a total of 13.75 lbs. I look at others' loss and it amazes me. I know, 'don't compare' and all that begh, but sometimes you just do compare. All we can do is keep on keeping on and our day will come. Just think, next year on June 30th, we'll be talking about how glad we are that we stayed the course!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #636
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
well I knew it would come eventually but I had hoped not this soon! I have reached a stall point. I know people say not to worry but its very dissapointing to see movement in the wrong direction for a week. I started monday at 303 and this morning I was 306 with absolutely no varation in my meal plans. I know I will have some flucuations in weight but I had hoped this was gonna be my week to be under 300 pounds and a big mile stone passed! I am so dissapointed, I watched some friends from last weekend to this weekend eat pizza and breadsticks and burgers with fries drinking soda and wine, all the time sitting there wondering why this has to be so hard!!! All that would have been alot easier to take if not for the stall, it plants that little thought in your head well if im not gonna lose anything anyway why not eat what I WANT!!! DANG
you can have pizza and good pizza too maybe you need to up your fat a few days? always works for me!

Quote:
DEEP DISH PIZZA
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375║ 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep the crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread the chilled crust with the pizza sauce, then the cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375║ about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

I don't recommend making this in a metal baking pan as it will stick making the pizza very difficult to remove and the pan very hard to clean.

I think I may have discovered the secret to a crispy crust. I left the baked crust uncovered in the refrigerator for several hours. I think that allowed it to dry out a bit so that it became crisp during the second baking with the toppings. I was able to pick the pizza up in my hands.

NOTE: If you lightly grease the pan and line it with parchment paper, you'll have no trouble removing the pizza from the pan later. Greasing the pan makes the parchment stick to it so you can easily spread the crust batter.
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #637
Senior LCF Member

just sent that recipe to my wife that looks yummy
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #638

Quote:
just sent that recipe to my wife that looks yummy
it is soo good! and using the parchment paper really helps too! i hope you guys like it!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #639

our new month
300+ Support Group- HOT HOT HOT July 2013
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Yes....of course Nana has been taking pictures this morning!!!! LOL
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #641

wonderful pictures SUE
i hope everyone has a wonderful time tonight

storming bad
Old 07-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Sue- So precious!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #643

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Howdy, kids!

I see we have many newbies on, so I'd like to say , be it belatedly.

Hope everyone is doing well. Deb, hope Ken is doing much better. Summer school is over for me and I have plenty of free time to get back on track, which I have. I'm keeping record of all I eat online and it's eye opening.

I'm off to the movies to see The Heat with hubby. Everyone have a great day
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #644

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Eliza---girl, we have a new July thread. Silly!!!! Good to see you back!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

well I'm proud to say I finally saw the number 299 on the scale today I was a little scared to post it I dont want to jinx myself. But at least I'm moving in the right direction again!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #646

Quote:
well I'm proud to say I finally saw the number 299 on the scale today I was a little scared to post it I dont want to jinx myself. But at least I'm moving in the right direction again!
WHOOHOO CHRIS lol we are in the JULY thread now though! i am soo happy for yopu!