Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning peeps. I already took ds14 fishing at a nearby lake. He's fishing obsessed since vacation last week at the lake. He did catch a bass and then after about an hour, it was just getting too hot so we came home. Stopped at 2 yard sales and got a few things. So fun. I also cleaned my kitchen, emptied the d.w. and made breakfast. Next is tackle the laundry, weekly meal plan, etc etc etc Saturdays are just work and more work. I hope to take a swim today and then if dh is up to it, we have the Wingfest and Eddie Money concert tonight. He had to be at work at 4 am so I'm not sure plus he had a gout attack yesterday too. We might not get to go although he's usually pretty stubborn about stuff and might just say we're going no matter what. I felt so bad when the alarm went off at 3 am especially since he didn't get home from work last night till 7:30.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
chewie- Thank you so much! Slow but sure.

sue- Yay! Hope my bill is smaller too! It is more cool; that's for sure.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #333

We have a pretty big house and have 2 zone heat/ac. Older ds has a window ac in his room that they used to share. The upstairs is so hot and we figured why cool the whole thing when only 1 room was being used. Now ds14 moved into his own room which is fine except for the ac situation. I think it would be smarter and cheaper to get another window unit. Dh said he not know how to figure out which is better. Both central ac units are as old as our house which was built in 2001. I am pretty sure a window one would be better all around.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

I love window units now! Haven't gotten a bill yet though. I know the bedroom unit made hardly no difference last year. This one is more powerful but brand new Energy Star. I do know that I am much cooler than I was with central; not just this house but others I've lived in too.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Grandbaby coming for Father's Day!! DH is grilling. I'm going to stay ON plan! Talk to you all later. Where is everybody? Oh, down a lb. today.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #336

Good morning. Hey, where are you all? Dh and I decided to go out to a restaurant for some wings instead of the free wings at Wingfest. I had read a review of years past and they said there were long lines and many restaurants ran out of wings or only gave you 1 or 2 pc plus it was in the 90s and super humid. After our wings, it was still too early for the concert so we came home. By the time it was time to go, it was raining and lightening out. We ended up at a local brew pub and played trivia pursuit and had some chips and salsa. The salsa was fresh made but it had cucumber in it, tasted ok but I ended up throwing it up in their bathroom. LOL It was still raining when we got home so we went and sat on our porch swing on the covered front porch and hung out till bedtime. Dh was so tired.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #337

Phew, so humid here today. Bleck! So I made 2 lbs of coleslaw, seasoned the ribs, have lc focaccia in the oven, made a cheese and meat plate, made a lc bbq sauce, got the mini dogs in the mini crockpot. Dh is vacuuming the pool FINALLY. Woohoo, can't wait till it's all clean.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #338

I am almost done---cleaned the whole first floor, vacuumed and mopped. I think as soon as dh is done with the pool, it will be some floating time for me. Hope it doesn't rain. If it does, I'll settle for a nap.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #339
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb....it is SO humid here this morning you can't breath!!! I think it is time for some Fall pictures just to remind us it is only a few months off now!!!
Thanks for the encouragement girls. When I hit a certain age it seemed things just slowed down for me in the weight loss area. I would LOVE to see 175 by at least late Fall. I am just going to keep on keeping on!! I know I will fall on occasion but I just need to learn to get back up and keep going.
Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

B-Atkins drink
S-another drink if needed
L-chicken salad 1/2 sandwich with veggies on side
S-Iced coffee, boiled egg if needed
D-Taco salad with LC tortillas
S-Fruit LC malt

Oh I LOVE that picture...slow and easy wins the race...sometimes I think we don't realize that the food we get to eat is really GOOD! We are just very spoiled having such easy access to crap...it is everywhere and the advertizing and store placement is designed to make you feel like you should buy it...we need blinders like the horses wear....
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #340
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
double post..deleted the second one..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, you're right. We do tend to think, "Well, I have to eat this for breakfast, this for lunch..." and don't slow down to enjoy really good food. Another thing is, what 'diet' have you ever been on and not starve to death? None. I am never hungry.I told my friend who started when I did," Don't let yourself get hungry or you will give up"! That's the reason for all my past failures. When I got hungry, I would finally give in and then eat even more than usual.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the beautiful fall picture. It's really hot here south of Atlanta!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
HARD WEEKEND!!!
I tell you for me, keeping my willpower, its a daily if not hourly thing. after 7 weeks I thought things would start to subside. but my desire for sweets is still just as bad. I have stayed successful... SO FAR!!! but it has been a hard weekend sometimes I get in this mode and ask myself why I deny myself something that make me happy, even though I know food shouldnt be what make me happy. unfortuntely now if i did eat some sweets it would make me upset with myself but not eating them makes me upset too!!! dang cant win either way!!! I know I'm on a long hard road but when I see people eating so many things it really adds to my unhappiness, me thinking, dang why cant that be me weighting 150 pounds and drinking and eating whatever I want. Summer is really the worst, all the bbq's and all the icecream socials with my car club and last night I tried to stop and get a sugar free cherry shaved ice as my once a week treat and they didnt have any... BOOO!!!!
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krystle702
Stats: 349/338/165
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: May 2013
Hello all! I am now on here so I am still trying to navigate the site. I am starting back to my woe tomorrow and I am excited. I did low carb in 2007 and lost 80+ lbs before getting pregnant again. I feel like this is going to be the perfect place to find my motivation and lose the weight for good!
krystle702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #345

Good morning. We had a good father's day yesterday. It's raining today which is quite appropriate for a blue Monday.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #346

Krystal. Sometimes this group is very chatty but lately not so much. Hope you stay around.

Chris---can you plan some lc sweets into your woe? I did that and it helped a lot. Then I didn't feel so deprived.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #347

I'm blonde so I can post this joke, found it funny:

A couple of blonde hunters are out in the woods when one of them suddenly falls down. She doesn't seem to be breathing, her eyes are rolled up. The other blonde whips out her cell phone and dials 911. She gasps to the operator, "I think my friend is dead! What shall I do?" The operator says in a calm soothing voice, "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure she's dead."

There is silence, then a shot is heard... The blonde says, "OK, now what?"
Old 06-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
HARD WEEKEND!!!
I tell you for me, keeping my willpower, its a daily if not hourly thing. after 7 weeks I thought things would start to subside. but my desire for sweets is still just as bad. I have stayed successful... SO FAR!!! but it has been a hard weekend sometimes I get in this mode and ask myself why I deny myself something that make me happy, even though I know food shouldnt be what make me happy. unfortuntely now if i did eat some sweets it would make me upset with myself but not eating them makes me upset too!!! dang cant win either way!!! I know I'm on a long hard road but when I see people eating so many things it really adds to my unhappiness, me thinking, dang why cant that be me weighting 150 pounds and drinking and eating whatever I want. Summer is really the worst, all the bbq's and all the icecream socials with my car club and last night I tried to stop and get a sugar free cherry shaved ice as my once a week treat and they didnt have any... BOOO!!!!
Good Monday morning all!! Chris I hear you on those feelings. It was tough yesterday with going over to our son and DIL's for dinner. Yesterday morning was fine. We went out to Cracker Barrel and enjoyed a LC breakfast. Noon went well also. Steak and wonderful salad. THEN came the evening with all the good foods. DIL had a big spread of fix it yourself tacos and burrito makings. What I ended up doing was eating the lettuce with beef on top with some other goodies on top of it. Tasty and LC. Of course THEN came the dessert. Peanut butter brownies. OMG.....ok so I had one! I figure all in all it was a good day with the eating considering it was a holiday with all kinds of bad choices I could have made. for me!!
Chris....I have a little snow cone maker. You can buy them just about anywhere I think. I use the cherry, lime, and blueberry DaVinci syrups. You can also buy the cute little cone shaped paper cups with the straw/spoon at the store also. On occasion I will make myself what we used to call a Salty Dog. You take the crushed ice and squeeze lime juice over it and sprinkle salt over it. OMG is it good!!!
Hi to all. Have a good day everyone!!!

B- Atkins shake
S-boiled egg, coffee
L-left over salad with turkey
S-turkey pepperoni chips!! YUM! just lay some on a paper towel in the micro wave for maybe 30 seconds or so. Pat the oil off, let cool and you have a crispy chip like pepperoni!
D-crock pot chicken.
S-home made cliff bar...not so LC but very healthy in other ways.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- HaHaHaHaHa. We had a good Father's Day too. Our other daughter and SonIL are coming today. They had to work yesterday. I stayed on plan

chris- So sorry and feel for you. Those sweets are my danger zones too. I make Dobie's Muffins to help with it. They are not hard to make and I feel like I'm getting bread and sweets. Also, the Atkins Bars are great to treat yourself. I'm eating them 3 to 4 times a week and losing so I don't think they would stall you. I feel like I'm getting a candy bar with them.

Krystle- This thread is a great help to me. Lots of ideas on not just food, but other areas of life. Looking forward to getting to know you.

B-2 eggs, 1/4 c cheese, 4 sl. bacon
L-1 hamburger patty w/mustard and salsa, cole slaw, deviled egg
D-same as lunch
S- Atkins Bar if needed

BTW- Down another lb. today!!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Sue!! I'm so proud of you.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- You are a working machine!! Come over and clean my house. I have no motivation to do it!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #352

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
howdy all rough weekend ken isn't doing any better i am soo disheartened IDK what to do
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
chewie- You are a working machine!! Come over and clean my house. I have no motivation to do it!
I'm like that cause of my mother---she had cleaning OCD and was nutty. LOL Plus we have our parents over for family dinner every Sunday so my house has to be clean for that. I can't really relax unless things are presentable.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #354

Hugs and prayers Deb
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Morning Deb.....all I know to do is to give you hugs and prayers. I just don't understand why someone isn't helping him!! I would just like to know if this was the drs. loved one would they stand for this type of treatment???!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry deb. Prayers are with you and your family.

chewie- So that's the trick. I always tell my dh that we need to invite someone over to make us clean house! My mother's home was always perfect. She had 4 daughters and none of us are like her??!! I guess there was a lazy gene somewhere. LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
So sorry deb. Prayers are with you and your family.

chewie- So that's the trick. I always tell my dh that we need to invite someone over to make us clean house! My mother's home was always perfect. She had 4 daughters and none of us are like her??!! I guess there was a lazy gene somewhere. LOL
i have that lazy gene!
ya know since Ken has been off work and Steven has been out of school you would think since i didn't HAVE to go somewhere everyday that i could have this house a little more clean NOPE it seems like it is worse than ever
WHY can't i have a little bit of gumption and just do basic tasks ya know?? i even start the FLYlady thread every week in the playground and RARELY even get the 15 minute mission done KWIM?
BTW if anyone would like it this week for FLYlady we are in the master bedroom and today's 15 minute mission is
Quote:
Today I want you to spend 15 minutes getting rid of anything that
does not belong in your bedroom. Things that have gotten thrown in a
corner, on a chair or even the floor. The things that you almost
don't even see because they have just become part of the room, get it
out! If it does not belong there then out it goes!

This does not mean that you have to spend three hours in your
bedroom, do what you can do for 15 minutes.
LOL our bedroom has tons of stuff in it oh man!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 06-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #358

hoping tomorrow is a better day Ken is having trouble breathing again i think when his headaches make his side not move it also makes his lung not work right or something i hate this
Old 06-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i have that lazy gene!
ya know since Ken has been off work and Steven has been out of school you would think since i didn't HAVE to go somewhere everyday that i could have this house a little more clean NOPE it seems like it is worse than ever
WHY can't i have a little bit of gumption and just do basic tasks ya know?? i even start the FLYlady thread every week in the playground and RARELY even get the 15 minute mission done KWIM?
BTW if anyone would like it this week for FLYlady we are in the master bedroom and today's 15 minute mission is

LOL our bedroom has tons of stuff in it oh man!
I took a giant 55 gallon bag of donations to Goodwill yesterday and it was in my bedroom! Woohoo!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

hoping tomorrow is a better day Ken is having trouble breathing again i think when his headaches make his side not move it also makes his lung not work right or something i hate this
I hope so too.