Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Posting for accountability - I hit 189 on June 2, and as of today I am 194.8. I gained almost 6 lbs. in 3 weeks. Not happy with myself. Two lbs. per week gain is a LOT.

I've been exercising faithfully, so the culprit is calories/carbs. I can't seem to get back into the mindset I need. When I first started, my carbs were around 30 or less (and 20 or less most days). Now, I sometimes hit 70+ carbs in a day. NOT HELPFUL.

Sigh...
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Frankie, you've got a plateful so don't be too hard on yourself. Sounds like your head is still in a good place, so I'd say get back on plan as soon as you can and don't beat yourself up. As a newbie, here, you are a role model to me. Sounds like BF is taking advantage of you, though. Nothing you can do about that right now it seems, but maybe you can do some sorting through post trauma. I am not judging because I know how traumatic death and dying and relations can be.

I can relate to the handling of baby discussion. My daughter would hardly let me hold her baby earlier this year, so it's not just limited to daughters-in-laws. She has mellowed bit in the last several months, good thing! I didn't feel very offended because I know she was just working very hard to do things right, to be a good mother. Truth be told, she is doing a lot better than I did. I was a serviceable mom, but not one to win a prize.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Frankie: My heart goes out to you and all that you are going through. I lost my Mom a couple of years ago, although it was quick, no doctors to deal with, but all the other stuff. My brother kinda wanted to put his head in the sand and I dealt with most of the stuff. It was his way of dealing with his grief of losing his Mom. We all grieve differently. Hopefully after time passes BF will realize how much you did and supported him through this.

Mary: So good to hear DH is doing well post surgeries. Even more stress to have all the family around. Just try to enjoy the GC as much as possible while they are here. Good job on making a plan for food and sticking to it!

Chris: Wow, great job on 11 lbs. gone!

Cindy: Congrats on DD getting license.

Vilya: Step back, take stock, make a plan and move forward. Don't look back at coulda, woulda, shoulda. Can Will and Shall!!!!

I was down .8 this morning, finally bringing me into the 30s! Happy weekend everyone! - Darla

Last edited by Spagirl116; 06-22-2013 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: forgot someone
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Happy Saturday everyone! I took a water pill last night and had a huge whoosh....I knew I was retaining water from my vacation travels but 7 lbs worth!! Now we will see how much comes back in the next few days...too bad it doesn't stay gone!
Hubby has to work today so I'm cleaning, doing laundry, making ice....thinking about making some oopsie rolls and I should go shopping but hate doing that on weekends.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Michele, what a whoosh.

Vilya, I hear you about the gain, very frustrating.

Darla, yahoo in the 30s, you can be my role model since we started at the same wt.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148
Start Date: Jan 2001
I remember saying the Serenity Prayer over and over backin the 90's. That's the only thing that got me through the years when my two were teens. I think I have to start saying it again. I am exhausted. We all went to the beach today for a few hours. I will sleep today. Tomorrow we are driving the two hours to the hospital to visit DH. Then I get to go to work Mnday. Yeh! It sold be a rest after the past four days.

Sayonara!
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Mary- Understand!!

Vilya- Get back on that horse and ride. Pat yourself on the back for keeping up with exercise!!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Sunday ~ Sun is shinning. I'm just in from sitting on the deck and enjoying a rare day off. Missed yesterday

Vicki ~ That is interesting, is each state different?

Vilya ~ If only it was as easy to lose as it is to gain

Darla

Michele ~ Nice whoosh

Mary ~ Thanks for the reminder, I used to say the Serenity Prayer lots. I hope you are able to get some rest.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

My son and family came into the hospital for a few minutes and I stayed with DH while they went sightseeing in the area. They came back 4 hrs later to pick me up. DH has a painful clot behind his right knee. They are doing an ultrasound tomorrow. They are treating with heparin and pain killers. He started on solid food today. I hope he is discharged on Thursday. We will see.

I have to work Mon thru Wed, but plan on taking Thursday and Friday off, to pick him up. Please continue to keep him in your prayers

I brought my lunch and dinner with me because after my cisit, son and family drove to his aunt's house for dinner/cookout. They are used to me bring my own food because you never know. But I was able to have salad and grilled chicken that they prepared with the cooked green beans I brought. My key words are plan, prepare, protect and pray when it comes to staying on plan. It is my responsibility and no one else's to make sure I have what I need.

I am exhausted. All the boys needed a bath after playing in the sand for the better part of the day. Baby woke up when bathed and I did my part by rocking him while walking and playing "Zen Lullabies" ( it's all music and sopeaceful) sometimes I play it for me to relax when I need to go to bed. Found it at Walmart.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

hope everyone is still going strong!!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Mary- You are a strong woman!

Michele- I was up 1 lb. on scales today but not off plan...so, still going strong!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well this is day 2 of the scale saying 279 ...so I'm claiming it!! that's 45 lbs gone since February and 51 lbs since January ...Life is gooooood!

Oncloud: glad you are still hanging in there!

Mary: I hope things get back to normal for you soon

Frankie: miss your posts sweet lady!

everyone else!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Thanks for all the support. I am starting to get through it after taking two days to relax and not have to do things for others and I am starting to be able to sleep better with the lower stress level. Ditching the carbs is not fun and not overeating is even harder. I am back on plan this week and I will be dropping the calories through the week to get back to a comfortable level where I can lose again.

Mary- Sounds like you have had an exhausting week. I hope that your return to work was smooth and that your DH is ready to leave the hospital later this week.

Michele- Congrats on getting into the 270's. What a great year you have been having!

Darla- Yep, head in the sand is exactly the way to describe how my BF handles things in his life that are stressful. He is not uncaring he's just not equipped to deal with things. WTG on getting to the 30's!

Vilya- When I started exercising I didn't lose anything and even gained some for several weeks. Evidently I was retaining a good bit of water. Some of those added pounds could be water weight from exercise.

Cindy- Your day off on Sunday sounded so relaxing, I hope you enjoyed every minute!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Down .5lb. of my gain. I have not been off plan since beginning. Have a problem with swelling from medical issues so I don't get upset when I'm up a little.

Welcome back Frankie! You are such an inspiration. I know you will be back to your new 'normal' weight soon.

Michele- Yay!! So proud of you!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I had gained a total of 12.4 lbs in the two weeks of overeating and massive carb eating. I managed to drop several lbs of water weight and now have 9lbs left to lose. I thought I was doing so well and that nothing could take me out of the game. How wrong I was. It is a good lesson to learn prior to maintenance. I know that I must be hard core about weighing and measuring and logging in my food every meal, every day. I also must weigh myself regularly to see any upward trend. If I don't do these things I will easily and quickly regain and return to being super morbidly obese feeling horrible in my body, hating myself for being weak and gluttonous. I just cannot go back there ever again. This is strong motivation to stick to my plan.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Well darn it ....I shouldn't have claimed the 279 yesterday....281 this morning I did eat some salty sausages yesterday so I'm sure that didn't help....no worries...it will go away!!

Frankie: glad to hear you are back on plan and heading in the right direction!

Oncloud9: on the loss....every little bit adds up!

Cindy: how are you ???

Mary: hope things are going well on your end

to everyone else!!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

So proud of you , Frankie.

Michele- I'm sure it is water. Salty does that to me, too. Lost the other half lb. I had gained , so back to 13 lbs. down.

In the morning, I will know my first month's weight loss.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did really good with eating yesterday and feel stronger and more relaxed. Eating off plan made me feel so out of control. I stuck to my plan yesterday and feel a tiny sense of victory and sense of calmness now.

Michele- Yep, could have easily been the salty sausages making you hold water. Whenever I drop a few pounds I always seem to bounce up a bit the next day, just how I seem to lose.

OnCloud- Fingers crossed you see a number that you like!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Guess what I have been doing; I have gone back through the threads that I primarily posted on and went way back to spring 2009 when I was low 160's. I read most every post I wrote and noted that in late 2010 I started my way back up the scale to where I am today.

I was always trying some "new" plan and even revisited a couple over again. I was also going to TOPS initially but that went by the wayside too.

So, what did I learn from all of this??? Don't know, other than I know what to do. I don't need to read anymore frickin books or diet plans. I just finished scanning a book I borrowed for the Kindle app. on the iPad "Think Yourself Thin" expecting I was going the read something "new". Well, guess what, there wasn't anything new, surprise, surprise.
DuH

I am not here to tell you that today is a new day, etc. I am just sharing whatever that may be. No new insight or lightning bolts or anything like that.

So, where do I go from here, who knows. Therapy is tonight, and another day will be gone.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 06-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

13 lbs. first month on Atkins. Was way better my first and only other time with this WOE 9 years ago , but I am 9 years older too.!!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Jan: nice to see you!! Congrats on the 13 lbs gone forever!!

Frankie: glad you are calming down

Vli: good look at therapy

Nothing much to report here...scale is going slightly in the wrong direction but I know it's not because I'm eating too much or eating off plan...it's just the way our bodies work . Drs office called yesterday and said my mammo and pap were both normal I finally got my hubby out to the garage to help me hang up some hooks so I could organize it some....it's about as good as its going to get ATM....really need to throw some of his crap away when he's not looking...lmao! Looking forward to grilled ribeyes tonight and maybe some broccoli or asparagus

Have a great evening!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Michele- Happy about your test results!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Hubby came home last night. He is doing lots better than a week ago. This time last week he was in the recovery room. I am in nurse mode today cooking and counting pills, etc. my DS and his wife and my grandkids will be leaving in the morning. I am going to try and work a bit tomorrow from home in between taking care of DH. I have used so many vacation days this year. Need to keep the ones I can.

I make sure I plan my meals before anything else. I have to have what I need so I can give to others. Otherwise I have no energy or desire.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Mary- So happy you're taking care of yourself!!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning.....the scale is on an upward trend...I wish water retention didn't exist....it's so frustrating I'm not looking forward to work today...it's the end of the quarter for us so will be a longer then normal day. On a good note...the boss is ordering something I can have for lunch too today instead of the regular pizza we always have...she's such an awesome boss!

Happy Friday!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Michele- Yay, for your boss! They cannot possibly know how much that means to us LCers!

Down 1/4lb. today.

Still hot and stormy here. 90's and storms(lightning, thunder and windy) this evening. Yuck.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am doing better each day and feel good knowing I am not caving in to the urge to eat when I am not hungry and that I have been making good food choices.

Jan- Congrats on your awesome 1st month loss. You're right in that you cannot look back to how you did something in the past as the circumstances are completely different now. You did so good and focusing on that will help you reach your goals this next month.

Michele- I am happy that your tests had good results. Thinking of ribeyes on the grill just made my mouth water! Nice boss to not order just pizza, you gotta let her know how much you appreciate it.

Mary- I am happy for you that your DH is doing so well and is now home resting. You definitely have to make your meals and taking care of you a priority. It will help you to not get swallowed by the stress of taking care of others.

Vicki- I think after all the years I have been "trying" to lose weight that I now don't need to read any more books or search for any magical diets either. I know that the plan I have fashioned is the one that has always worked best for me over the years to lose. It might not work for others but it works for me and I know it. I also know that sticking to it is the most crucial part of it all. My mental state and ability to think positively is key to sticking to it. This is the hardest part, keeping up with knowing I can do it long term and not stumbling and getting down and then not coming back for months until I have had a huge regain. I know that when I falter with my attitude the rest comes tumbling down. I think knowing where you have come from and reviewing what has worked in the past can help you learn what you need to do now. No diet book knows your body or lifestyle or how you think.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie- Would you please post your daily menus? Maybe I could get back rolling if I changed mine. I sometimes get in a rut and eat the same things. Then I get bored and am always looking for something to eat. Bad girl. So far, I have not gotten off plan at all. While on vacation I ate too much of what is 'legal' and had a little bump, but it was gone soon. You are a great inspiration!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Frankie, you are so right. Part of the therapy "homework" is being mindful. I searched mindful eating on the internet this morning and am looking to see if there is someone either in the office I am currently going to or somewhere else that does the mindful eating counseling. I can read a book on the subject but need guidance to do it.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

I read a real good book years ago that was recommended by the WLS for thise considering the surgery. It is called "Habits not Diets" and has some really good ideas about mindful eating and good habits in general as it relates to eating.

You are all doing so well. Today my DS and family left for their 25 hr ride back to Missouri. It is so quiet here after having 4 little boys 1 thru 6, running, playing and being boys for two weeks. Hubby is coming along. I just have to remember to feed him something every couple hours because his blood sugar will drop and he gets the chills and starts shaking. When that happens he doesn't think clearly to realize he needs to eat something. So I am keeping fruit and fiber one bars nears his bed for an emergency. And everytime he takes a pill that might upset his stomach, I make sure he has eaten something before I give it to him.

I read your stories everyday even though I don't post everyday. Thank you for sharing.