Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
MaryMary- I love your advice about the, "I want it right now," society. It helped me last night after my Atkins bar snack and I still wanted MORE! I reminded myself that I would have breakfast and I would not starve. I drank a glass of water and waited..... I was down a lb. this morning!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Congrats oncloud.

On plan thus far. Going to baseball game this afternoon; my son is playing. So far, the last 2 games I have bypassed the popcorn. I am pretty confident that I can do that today too.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Congrats to everyone! We just got back from the graduation. I am a proud mama. The commencement address was by a woman who started her studies in 1986 but was interrupted 3 times because of once a problem pegnancy second because of Hurricane Hgo (she was from St Croiz and returned to help her homeland) and third be ause her son was hurt in a car accident (head injury) but her determination help her son realize you just don't give up. It took him 12 years but he earned his bachelor degree and today she received the President's Award along with her Master's Degree, a 4.0 gpa in Emergency Preparedness and the love of the students and her country. The other commencement address (he was from CIA) reminded us that earning anything requires Passion, Truth, Action and Reflection. You could apply this to us as we learn a new lifestyle. We need to be passionate about wanting to change, be honest with ourselves as to what we are really doing, take action tochange and then if there are problems along the way, reflect on what happened and recommit with an adjusted plan just like the student from St Croix...we don't give up...ever.

The university he graduated from was American Public University and American Military University. All the students earning their degrees come from all over the world as it is totally online. They were some from every continent, from 23 yrs old to 74 and one awarded posthumously, a student who died last summer (his daughter accepted on his behalf). It was the most moving and meaningful ceremony I have ever attended.

Now off to the pool.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki- You can do it!! Strut on past that evil popcorn!!

Mary- Just more good advice! Love it. Please, keep posting these things that help us all!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Saturday ~ Good day except for fight with DH .... but I am not going to eat. It won't help.

I have to work tonight but that is okay .... I'm grateful that I have a good job.

Mary ~ The ceremony sounds beautiful.

How are you Chris?

Oncloud9now2 ~ another pound gone forever

Vicki ~ Way to go bypassing the popcorn
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Mary-Great advice!
Cindy-Emotions drive us to do so many wrong things, way to go not turning to food!
Vicki- Baseball games can be tough, this is the first season I haven't had nachos EVER. HA HA
Oncloud: Yay! one more pound down!

I made it through a pool party with not one chip passing my lips! Today I was down 1.8lbs. Looking forward to the 30s.
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, Spagirl!! I was down 1 lb. this morning and we had SIL and her boys to eat supper with us. Today part of kids are coming and some tomorrow for Father's Day. I'm going to stay the course!!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

I cooked up my bacon and am ready for tomorrow. I missed it. My stomach is a bit uoset from having been eating different things the last three days. Tonight I am having my yogurt and pumpkin and a big salad. That is my usual nighttime meal, my comfort food.

Got home today at 11 am and it felt good to walk into a clean house. Good news, my disability claim was approved for the period during which I had my surgery and recovery. So grateful. So hopefully in 1-2 years when I get the arms and boobs done, it will mean if I cross the t's and dot the i's before the surgery, I won't have to go through the appeal process like this time.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

No popcorn at either ball game over the weekend.

We had 10 people for Father's Day yesterday. I served deli meat and cheese sandwiches, veggies and dip, chips and someone brought pineapple upside down cake and brownies. I indulged in chips and dessert. What can I say. No bread for the sandwiches though. Although I doubt that was offset by the dessert LOL.

On plan thus far today.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki- Yay, no evil popcorn!

Down a lb. today!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday ~ Just returned home from Toastmasters potluck

Good news, however, I did not eat after fight with DH.

Time for weekly check in.

1. Post everyday. Very bad, missed 3 days
2. Walk 25,000 steps per week. Steps 37,252 and again didn't track 1 day
3. Drink more water. Better
4. Weekly Progress Report (every Monday)Done

Way to go Spagirl116

oncloud9now2

Mary ~ That is awesome news about your claim.

Vicki ~ Your Father's Day party sounded fun
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Ugghhhh, at the rate I'm going I'm going to be stuck at 190 forever.

First week of challenge - made it to 189. Then I gained to 192, but managed to lose to 190, and kept it there for 2 weeks. I did a "check" this morning and was at almost 194! I know a lot of this is water weight fluctuations, because I'm "gaining" 3-4 lbs. overnight, but geeeez! It's so frustrating.

And I'm WAY more active than I've been in months, too. Do I really have to keep the calories down to 1,200?? Seems like 1,400 isn't working anymore.
6/22/13: the 100 lb. loss only lasted a few weeks, and I've since regained some of the weight. Stats updated to reflect this.
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Off track yesterday, back on today. What else can I say.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
so far down 11 lbs for june. I think the warm weather is helping to contribute to the loss.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday is almost over .... I'm so far behind at work

Vilya ~ Have you taken measurements? Muscle weighs more than fat - maybe you are building muscle?

Way to go getting back on track Vicki

Chris ~ 11 pounds is awesome
Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy and Vicki...muscle takes up less space than fat but a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. So you measurements coukd change for the better because muscle is more compact.

Chris..good going.

Tonight we travel to the hospital getting up in the middle of the night. Surgery chrck in is at 6 am. I am bringing my IPad with me as they have free wifi service. I will spend the night so I know he is ok before coming home tomorrow. DH will be there until next week. Say a prayer.

I am packing up some of my meals for tomorrow, even though they have a huge cafeteria there. Most likely I will need to buy dinner there. I knkw I will get my walking in.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Back from vacation...had a wonderful time....scale showed 291.4 this morning...that's up 2 lbs since last Tuesday...ate on plan most of the time but there were a couple meals that were way more carbs then I'm use to...didn't get enough water in and 10 hrs driving there and back doesn't help matters.

Hope everyone is still plugging along!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Michele- I gained 1 1/2 lbs. on vacation and did not get off plan. I think water weight is the culprit. I really swell when riding a long way too.

MaryMary- Prayers for your dh.

chris- Wow! 11 lbs. in 19 days!! WooHoo!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Not the greatest week so far, but I did do a 2.5 mile hike this morning, so that should help. Also think I'm going to drag out my old aerobics DVD's, too...
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning ~ Rainy Thursday morning. There has been so much rain, there is lots of flooding.

Yesterday was a long day and I didn't get in to post

Mary ~ thanks for clarifying that for me.

Michele ~ I'm glad that you had a good time on vacation.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Vilya- Wow, 2.5 mi. hike! You go girl!

cindy- Thank you so much for your sweet 'Good morning' each day. Makes me smile to read it!

Down 1/4 lb. today. Slow and steady wins the race. Just have to eat a lot of others' dust.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

DH done with Surgeon #1 (pancreatic cyst & spleen); said it went well; he is having the hernia repaired by Surgeon #2; they said it was a huge hole and a good thing it is being fixed.

It is amazing how my hunger switch gets turned in when other feelings are at play. I am tired because we were up at 2:30 am. I was worried and happy things are going well. Now just have to pray there will be no leaks from the pancreas or infections.

I planned my meals and so far am on plan. I brought it all with me so I wasn't tempted to have to make a decision on a cafeteria line. Thank goodness.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I am back. It has been a very difficult few weeks and I have eaten horribly. I caved and for the last week and a half I ate food I did not even like and have not logged in my food journal or weighed myself. My BF’s mom went into a coma like state for a few days and then finally died. It was very difficult caring for her as I was the main caregiver and had some sporadic help from the hospice but was alone in her home with her most of the time. I am still not sleeping properly after having been up all hours. My BF was MIA most of the time and left everything for me to handle for him. I understand it was hard for him but it is has left me drained and feeling used up and without a support system for me. He has all the condolences and I feel like the unhired help although he has thanked me for all I have done. He never met a single doctor, hospice worker or nurse. I had to make arrangements for donating her body to science and dealt with her body when they came to pic it up. I have been the one to go through her belongings and try to deal with preparing for an estate sale. I have had to beg him and prod him to sign the documents needed and make decisions. I now have to prepare my house for a memorial party for his friends on Saturday. He’s invited his ex-wife and a niece who is a thief and stole a bunch of jewelry from his mom and an ex-friend who owes him money and will probably drink too much and start an argument with some other guests. In writing this I am crying and all I want to do is pack up my car and drive away from it all right now but I can't.

I am finally at home taking a few hours for myself and trying to come back to my right mind. As of now I need to deal face on with the stress and no longer allow myself to eat off plan. It does me no good and I feel terrible and the food was actually not even that great tasting. I don’t like the feeling of defeat and self loathing that has come back like a ton of bricks from allowing myself to eat off plan. Even though I still feel a mountain of stress on me right now I am not going to feed the urge to eat any longer. Thanks for letting me vent here.

Vilya- I like your mantra “will this choice help me reach my goals”. This is something I am going to try.

Spagirl- Good job on getting into the 16’s. Also a nice success on going to the pool party and not eating a chip,,,this is a food victory.

Mary- When you said “Some might think weighing my food is obsessive, but for me it is freedom” I agree with you 100%. It is key for me staying on plan and mentally cueing in to how much I am eating. Sounds like you had a blast in DC. The Korean Monument at night is one of my favorites to visit. I hope the surgery goes well for your hubby.

Vilya- I can really fluctuate a lot during the day so I only weigh once a day after I get up, otherwise I would drive myself nuts. If you are more active you may be retaining a bit more water than usual. I found this happened when I started exercising.

Chris- Great job on the 11lbs for June, that is superb!

Cindy- Great words here from you “Good day except for fight with DH .... but I am not going to eat. It won't help” This is so true and I need to remember this.

Michele- Don't sweat the pounds gained while traveling. I always gain water when I travel and it comes off within a few days.

Last edited by Phranquie; 06-20-2013 at 11:34 AM..
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Frankie: so sorry you are going through this difficult stuff Hang in there...if you can lose half your starting weight in less then a year...you can do anything!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Mary- So happy your husband's surgeries were successes. You did a great job with packing your own food!

Frankie- Very sorry about your situation. All I know to say is to remember yourself. Sometimes we get caught up trying to be all to all and we leave ourselves out. Have been there.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

He made it through #2 and is in his room, sleeping. My DS stayed to say hello in the recovery room. DIL picked him up with the four kids and they are on the way home. I am spending the night. I was going to stay in a Days Inn but then the hospital told me about a hostel for $15 a night. It is real clean and best thing it has a stove, frig and microwave. People drop by free goodies that I don't eat but it is the thought that counts. I am happy I decided to stay here.

Frankie, sorry to hear about the overload you have had these past couple weeks. Keeping you in my prayers. You can't see us but we are here for you in spirit. One thing that helps me is to remember I don't control others, or their feelings. I try to keep my eyes on m own plate, but I will admit it is hard sometimes.

I am very uncomfortable around my DIL. I feel as if she watches my every move. I was holding the baby as he played near a toy in the children's center here at the hospital and after she sooke to my son, I was told I didn't have to hold him because they let him climb up by himself. So I let go. These next 10 days are going to be rough with her around me. DS says they want to let me have as much time with the kids as possible, but I don't get the feeling I am free to be me. I have to ask permission to take one of them for a walk. We hadn't been out there for 2 years because a week was too much and now they are here for two weeks. With DH in the hospital, I would much rather focus on him. I need wisdom from the gods to deal with this one.

But I will not pick up what isn't on my plan. I am committed to that because picking up and eating over it only hurts me. She and DS are obese but they are on "vacation" so rules don't apply. God help me.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Mary- I so understand about the DIL. My first grandchild was born April 4th and it's tense. I don't really know why. She is a very healthy eater and skinny but thinks my WOE is not healthy. She too watches my every move when I hold baby. He is so precious and I would love to be myself with him but I just can't with her in the room. Glad I can say this on here because I have no where else to say it. Son is stepson we raised from time we married. He was 14. Never sees his mother so that's not a problem. IDK
Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Frankie....So very sorry for the sadness and extreme stress that you must be going through right now...you are a very strong woman. ***Hugs***
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday and yes, I'm glad. Missed yesterday
DD got her full drivers licence today. I am very proud of her. Do they have a graduated licence program in the U.S.? Here, the can get a Learners licence for 1 year, have a road test and get an "N" licence for 2 years (there are a bunch of rules) and if you don't have any tickets, you take another road test and get the full licence.

Not sure if it is helping with accidents but it sure is a cash cow for the government.

You are welcome oncloud9now2 and on the 1/4 lb. Slow and steady WINNING the race

Mary ~ Glad things went well with DH and that must be very frustrating with DIL.

Frankie ~ thinking about you

Love the picture Amber
Old 06-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

See stats, I weighed yesterday. Not too happy with the results. I sure hope I can make my goals for the 4th.

Mary, so glad surgery is going ok. Oncloud and Mary, when I have a grandchild and DIL watches like a vulture, I would be prone to say something. LOL

Cindy, we do have graduated license in Iowa. Although I don't recall what it is. I am between kids getting licenses. My oldest two are 29 and 26 and my youngest is 13. He will get his driver's permit at 14 and won't be eligible for a license until age 16 if he does driver's ed. Then, when he gets the license at 16 there are specifications as to how many can be in the car and times he can drive but I don't know what those are.

Frankie, sorry to hear about all that you have been through. I was thinking, why would this woman want to be with this man if he is that uncaring or unable to take the responsibility necessary to help with this situation???? Sorry if I am so bold.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs