Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 04:53 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/274/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
Morning everyone! I hope everyone has a good day!

I too have issues with sleep. I don't have apnea, but I have troubles getting to sleep. My doctor says it's because I won't stop thinking about things enough to relax, which is probably true. However, on occasion I will sleep like a rock, like last night! So, now I'm relaxed and ready to accomplish a lot at work.

Have any of you tried the Atkins frozen dinners? I bought a few to keep at work so in case I forget to bring my lunch I don't go buy bad stuff. So far, I've had the crustless chicken pot pie and LOVED it.
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Not much new to report here. Weight loss is not happening this week, but it goes like that sometimes and I am trying to be patient.

Lowcarbingme- I have not tried the Atkins dinners but on occasion I would use them. I do on occasion eat one of the Lean Cuisine called Steak Tips Portabello (steak, mushrooms in a gravy and broccoli) as it does not have starches and it is a small portion, probably not very filling for most people. 160cal, 12 carbs, 3 fiber, 16 protein. I try to watch my sodium and use of pre packaged foods.

Cindy- Oh lucky you, I bet you'll have fun at that concert!

Vilya- I have to weigh and measure everything as I tend to underestimate how much I am eating. Funny how we all seem to do this. I am getting better at it but will continue to use my kitchen scale to insure accuracy.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
I have had the Atkins bars and shakes, but not the frozens dinners. I will probably try them once I get settled into to Ongoing Weight Loss
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Happy Thursday! Was down a pound this morning....happy about that

Hope everyone has a great evening
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SeriouslyFunny
Stats: 287/xxx/165
Start Date: April 2013
I'm in, and my goal is to stay on plan -- I'm moving, life is super-stressful right now, and I'm determined to take good care of myself no matter how tired, angry or fed-up I get.
SeriouslyFunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Chugging along on the challenge. I'm doing this and the Labor Day one. I'm hoping that this one will encourage me to go on to the next. Did that make sense?
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Yes, makes sense. I will continue from this one to the next one.
I like this because of the shorter timeframe but I have every intention of going on.

Good idea to be extra special vigilant right now, seriously Seriously!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
On cloud9, the panniculectomy is a bit more than a tummy tuck as it went around toward the back from not all the way around. It was painful the first three to four days but I never took anything more than ibuprofen even though it was offered. I had 3 drains that didn't get removed for 2 weeks as I also had an incision up the middle (which is not usually done), but I had a 4 inch diagonal scar from a 30 yr old gall bladder surgery that was pulled in to make it disappear. I also had a cyst that had gotten infected on my waist line, so they removed it and made the scar disappear. By three weeks I went back to work part time. They removed six pounds of hanging skin. They did not touch my muscles, just removed skin. As a result, it was not as painful as it might have been.

Because they do remove fat cells when they do this (I think that is the lipo lart of it), should you gain weight back later after the surgery, you will gain it in places you never did before. I always gained it in my amdomen first. Now it is in my arms and hips/thighs. This is another reason for the perpetual vigilance that Leo41 talks about. I did gain weight back over the next five years and didn't like the after effects. I would advise that if you do consider it, make sure as you can that your new life style around food is not a fluke or a diet but the real thing. The weight gain was a wake up all. But somehow we have a way of forgetting what overeating does to us not only physically but emotionally. I pray every day that I can do this for one more day. I also weigh and measure everything just like Frankie so I make sure I get enough veggies but not overdo it on the proteins and fats which are my favorites.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Wow. Mary I think that's wonderful! It helped you in so many ways. I'm a long way from considering this but I did consider it the first time on Atkins and I guess it's good I didn't have it done. I am really doing this for my health this time and I think that changes things. I know that left to no plan eating means gaining and a lot of health issues. I think I finally, at 58 years old, have grown up enough to know that I can never go back to 'just eating.' I am out of control when I have no plan. I have a long time to think about this and I appreciate you sharing your experience with me so much. My poor health has changed my attitude on lots of things. You seem like such a lovely lady and please keep giving your inspirational posts.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Thursday

Another good day. Had one of my fave dinners - Cajun chicken, bacon, ranch salad

LoCarbingMe ~ I also have trouble turning off my head at night but I started using a gratitude stone and it is working wonders. Did you get lots of accomplished. I haven't found the Atkins frozen dinners where I live.

Frankie ~ You have been losing so good, maybe your body is catching up. Yes, the secret is out ~ I concerts.

LovelyBelle ~ Me too, I really enjoy the bars and shakes.

Michele on being down another pound.

SeriouslyFunny ~ Looking forward to getting to know you. Sorry you are having stress.

oncloud9now2 ~ Absolutely.

Bella

Mary ~ Always appreciate your posts.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Morning all Enjoyed my steak and broccoli at Longhorn Steakhouse last night. I was proud and ignored the yummy bread they bring out before and had none of the appetizer my friend's ordered. I did make sure I had extra water yesterday during the day though just to cover my butt! LOL

Cindy-what is a gratitude stone?

Have a great day all!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, what is a gratitude stone. I have trouble falling asleep. I call it that my mind is tickertaping. Thousands of random thoughts shoot thru my head and I get so frustrated. I have apnea too.

LoCarbingMe- I am sooo proud of you. That bread is so yummy and you didn't eat any!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahatl
WOE: No Flour No Sugar
Start Date: May 2013
Happy Friday to all of you! I am having a good week but the weekends are usually my trouble spots. I hope and pray I can get through the weekend without binging on carbs! I can do it this time. I am surprised how many of us cannot sleep well. I have not been able to sleep well for 5 years now. I fall asleep quickly but then wake up off and on all night. I only average a few hours sleep a night. The ironic thing is when I eat carbs or binge eat I sleep like a baby. It is so bad for my blood sugar and then I pray the price the next few days by the way I feel. I would love a good nights sleep. I have been give Lunesta which works great but I feel groggy the next day which I do not like.
sarahatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

My Ambien does that to me too, sara. I tell dh I am still Ambienized if we get up early!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh...steakhouse bread and butter...well...it's just plain addictive! Good job on willpower Lowcarbingme
Old 05-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
I want in! I lost 12 pounds my first month but I have been stalled for almost two weeks. I want to try to lose an additional 12 pounds by July 4th. That is about two pounds a week and seems doable. I also hope to be comfortably in size 16 jeans.
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernBelle
Stats: 296/154/149
Start Date: May 29, 2013
Since I just started Atkins induction two days ago, I am not setting a weight loss goal. Between this new way of eating and the strength training I began a few weeks ago, I don't really know what to expect lb-wise.

My July 4th goal is to get my waist circumference <= 35 inches. I'm reasonably confident that it's an attainable goal, but as I'm sure you all know, the inches do not necessarily drop where you want them to first lol.
SouthernBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Took my BF's mom to the doc today for pre-op anesthesia to remove pins in her leg that have been in 6 months. They ended up sending her to the ER and I have been here all day. She might have a minor infection or an aortic aneurysm. We are waiting for the test results. She is 93 and they will not do any heroic measures at this point. It is difficult to see her like this. I want to binge hard. I can feel the stress. Bad thing is I have not eaten all day thinking it was a quick doctor office visit this morning. I am a bit leery to eat when I know I am in this mood. I am taking a break and dealing with the urge to eat really bad things from vending machines. Thanks for letting me vent!

Mary- Thanks for the advice on gaining weight after surgery. I will have several surgeries this fall and it is good to be forewarned about the pitfalls of gaining weight in odd places.

Welcome Spa Girl, SouthernBelle and Seriously Funny! I look forward to getting to know all of you.

LowcarbingMe- Great job not caving to the carb laden steak house foods!

Cindy- Your meal from yesterday sounds yummy! The Atkins frozen meas can be found at most WalMarts in the US, but I don't know about Canada.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday ~ Just posting from work before going to an event. Great day and looking forward to a, for the most part, relaxing weekend.

For all who asked .... I'm not sure what kind of stone it is .... I picked it up from this trendy, interesting store but honestly, I don't think it matters. Every night when I get in to bed, I hold it and if my DH is @ work, out loud, I go over all of the things that I had happen to be grateful for during the day, for however long it takes and at the end, I decide what is the single thing that happened to be the most grateful and I think about it - many nights I fall asleep with the stone in my hand.

Now, I can actually do the process without the stone.

Good luck

LoCarbingMe ~ I love steak but haven't had a one for awhile. Way to go staying away from the bread

oncloud9now2 ~ Tickertaping sounds like a fabulous way to describe how it feels when my mind won't shut off at night.

sarahatl ~ You can do it

LovelyBelle ~ Is Steakhouse a chain?

Spagirl116 ~ Looking forward to getting to know you.

SouthernBelle ~ inches sound like a GREAT goal.

Frankie ~ So sorry to hear about your BF's Mom, it had been okay for awhile. Our Walmart doesn't have them yet, but sometimes things happen slower in Canada
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
My official weigh day is Sunday, so I'll post an update tomorrow. In the meantime, I have actually done pretty well this week, so I'm expecting a loss.

I have done much better since I got back to planning my meals and cooking ahead of time. Gee, go figure, right?
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Great job everyone! Looking forward to the weekend.

Last night I went out to dinner with my 82 yr old brother and nephew who stopped by for an overnight visit. I explained to the waitress no bread, pasta, or rice/potatoes, just lots of veggies and a simple protein. I ordered broiled salmon. When I got it, it had what looked like a sweet sauce under the salmon. I asked the waitress and she took it back and said it was a balsamic glaze. The next one was perfect. I brought a bag of cherry tomatoes as backup to make sure I had enough raw veggies. Succeeded in staying on plan.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Good job Mary! I love salmon but have never really figured out how to bake it so it's as tasty as the stuff I get in the restaurant. LOL The bad thing is that that is the only seafood I like and I live on the coast. It makes eating out a little more difficult but I manage. I just bought a seasoned cast iron pan so I'm trying to figure out what to cook in it first.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernBelle
Stats: 296/154/149
Start Date: May 29, 2013
@ Phranquie - Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know you as well. I wish your BF's mom the best. I know how stressful it can be because I've also had to deal with some unexpected health issues since my parents are getting up there in years. Hang in there.

@ cindym - Thanks for the encouragement! I just went into ketosis this morning so hopefully, I'm on my way. I like your "reflect on the day" before falling asleep routine. I am going to try it, but I'd have to really have to work on my focus to do it consistently. Hey, I smell a new July 4th goal.
SouthernBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Mary! Even brought backup. So proud of you. You are such an inspiration.

Frankie- So sorry about BF mom. I too have been there with my mom and my dh's mom. You'll get thru it but it is very stressful. Kudos for staying out of the vending machine.

Cindy- I think quite a lot of women have this problem. On the bed and the tickertaping starts. I do like your idea. Many times we are so busy and the problems are in the forefront so we forget all the things for which we should be grateful.

Vilya- You're right. Planning is the key.

Spagirl- Rooting for you to be in those size 16 jeans.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Sara- Be strong. Get on here and post if you are tempted. That really helps me to come here, read posts(again) and post something encouraging to someone else. It really makes me feel stronger. Just an idea...
Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

cindym Oh, I meant ALL steakhouses-lol. I think they all serve bread...we several in my town too. I have had to avoid the bread in restaurants in the past and it's difficult because it could take a good half hour for your food to arrive...or even the starter salad to arrive!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Good morning ! Nice to see so many posting weight is up lightly today....hubby made a baked spaghetti using Dreamfields pasta last night for supper...it was really good but way more carbs then I have been eating. I need to get my water intake back up...been slacking in that dept and drinking 2-3 cans of diet Dr Pepper a day....

Have a great day!!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Has anyone seen or tried the chicken pasta? I saw it in TV one day. It is where your take raw chicken breast and some salt, then I can't remember if you add a little water or what else but it glop ends up in a container that allows you to squirt it out. Have a pot of boiling water and squirt away. It turns it into spaghetti, all protein. Serve marinara or other sauce over it.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't seen that Mary but it sounds interesting!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday ~ I'm good. Wasn't exactly on plan. Sheesh

Weather is overcast and I was hoping for sun. We are hosting my MIL's 80th Birthday Party tomorrow and I sure hope the weather is nicer than this. DH is being a grumpy man today. It was his idea to host the party but his family is very critical which seems to put a lot of pressure on him.

I am supposed to be cleaning my office but instead I'm on the computer, which is making him crazy. Really, why would anyone need to come in my office.

Vilya ~ Hoping the scale rewards all of your hard work

Mary ~ Very proud of you and no, haven't heard about chicken pasta but it sounds interesting.

LoCarbingMe ~ We usually cook salmon on the BBQ and it is amazing. Good luck with your new pan.

SouthernBelle ~ ~ reminds me that I have been out of the strips for awhile and need to get some. It does take awhile but once I was in the routine, it became a great habit. If only eating the proper foods would become a habit.

How are you today oncloud9now2 ?

LovelyBelle

Michele ~ Your dinner sounds
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote