LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Labor Day Challenge

I must give credit to IrishRose1975 for the idea for this challenge...She had mentioned in another post about losing weight between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Not to take away from the other challenges out there, but I am looking forward to buying clothes for Autumn

Current weight: 237
Shirt Size: A comfortable 3x
Pant Size: A comfortable 26

I don't have a particular number of pounds to lose for this Challenge...just to stay on track with Induction and OWL. And to keep exercising regularly.

I'm still very new coming back to Atkins, I'm still on Induction but if anyone would like to join this support group....please feel free! Thanks

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- December 2nd 2014
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Lovely, since I am restarting tomorrow, I am in. Let's see how well we can do.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Yay! Glad you're coming along for the ride. I'm not sure how much gabbing I'll be doing on here since I'm not online everyday....so I won't always have daily updates like on other threads....but, my first post of accountability is: I walked 1 hour this morning. And have the blisters to prove it...lol....My stomach seems flatter than it was a week ago...woohoo!
Hope to see ya post tomorrow
Old 05-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IrishRose1975
Stats: 299/299/150
Start Date: 05/14/13
What if we did weekly updates? Maybe every Monday? I hope to lose 40 pounds by Labor Day. I would like to get down to a size 18W by then. I will try to do at least 30 minutes of exercise per day.
IrishRose1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I will post every Monday with you. I need all the help and accountability I can get!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/265.6/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
My 40th birthday is 9/23 and I promised myself I'd be at 225 (at least) by that day. So as of today, that will be a 40.4 pound loss. We'll set that as a goal for Labor Day and see how I do I'll try to post at least each Monday.
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Hello Ladies Sounds like a good plan to check in weekly- I will try to post on Mondays too. I may be canceling my home internet connection so I may not be able to post on every Monday...but I'll keep in touch as best as I can. I enjoy reading what everyone has to say

I am also still posting on the 4th of July challenge...same goals for me on that one too....to stay on plan and hopefully lose a size in about a month. My weight loss in the past has been so unpredicatable, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment for not reaching a challenge goal...but it would be great to buy NEW clothes for this Fall. My goal is to at least be a smaller size in shirts and pants than I am currently (26 pants/ 3x shirts) And of course have a smaller number on that scale...whether it's 10-50 pounds...I really can't determine! I did take some pics last night...head shots and full length...keep them on file and hopefully have some good before/after pics in the future...I have a TON of 'before' pics over the years...

Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no. Hate for you to cancel internet but maybe you'll have it back soon. I too am afraid to set a goal. Since this is a restart after 9 years, I have no idea how well I will do. I started Induction today and will post any LOSS or gain next Monday.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
I'm in for the count. Today is the end of Week two for induction - down 9.4 lbs. I would like to lose 20 lbs. by then (being very realistic with myself). We have a foreign exchange student from Spain coming to live with us.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Sounds like another great challenge to me! I'd like to lose 25 lbs by Labor Day....I'm starting this challenge at 293.....that will put me in the 260's.
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds great Michelle.
Cathy- I hope I do as well as you. This is my first day.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Hello Cathy and Michelle
It does stink to cancel the net in so many ways...I'm doing it partly because of the cost, but also the internet is just too addictive to me- LOL. I was addicted to Facebook and quit in 2010 because I was checking my messages CONSTANTLY! Same thing happened with Google Plus last year...luckily I didn't get too involved with Twitter. I just spend too much time on the internet when I'm interested in something....which, I think effects my weight loss goals...spending hours and hours on the internet when I could be out doing something? It's been like this for years...being too involved with one thing or another. Up until I rejoined LCF, I was only going online to check my email once a week to keep my internet addiction in check...and it seemed like a waste of $$. But it is very tempting to keep it for LCF...honestly!

How was your first day oncloud9? Doing well? It's still been less than a week for me and I've had felt a little sick and constipation. I bought this physillium husks mix that you drink with water to help it...but it tastes TERRIBLE! Have to drink it like medicine....blech..
Old 05-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Hello LoCarbingMe That's a good goal for you special B-day
Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Memorial Day 'Before' Pics!

I've never posted pics like this on the internet before! LOL...but, hey, I've got faith I'll look better by Labor Day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (31.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (32.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Lovely- Proud of you for posting. I don't know how to post pics yet thank goodness. I did great today! 17.5 total carbs. A little over 1000 cal. ( I used ****** ) Don't know if I ate enough or not but I'm not hungry.
I've never tried those husks but I've heard they work. Also, magnesium tablets are said to be good for constipation.
You look like a beautiful gal!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Ah ha...I popped back on to LCF when I should be trying to go to bed...see, I told you I get addicted to websites! LOL....

Good Job oncloud9 The first few days can be really rough...it wasn't so bad for me this time, but in the past, going off sugar is blahhh. I don't count carbs or measure....but the people who do keep track seem to do well, so good! I think you don't have to eat when you don't have an appetite unless it's been more than 6 hours....which never happens to me except on Atkins! Losing my appetite for 6 waking hours...it's like a miracle! But for the most part, that doesn't happen, I eat. Today I woke up, not feeling hungry and I went for a while not eating and started to get a headache, so I guess that could be a warning sign too??

Aw, thank you. You know, one of the reasons I named myself 'LovelyBelle' is because I've had poor body image of myself for years...I guess most of my life really....I was waiting for OTHER people to compliment me, to get that validation- and sometimes you could go for months or years not hearing a compliment on your appearance. Even from close relatives...it hurts. So in the last few years, I've been complimenting myself...LOL. I don't think in a vain way...more of building my self esteem. I've been reading books (other diet books actually) about emotional eating and it talks about having self esteem and loving your body, etc. Tackling the reasons for emotional eating is difficult....I think I will always be working on that. I chose 'Belle' because I was told years ago that I looked like 'Belle' from the cartoon 'Beauty and the Beast'...that cartoon came out when I was 12. And Lovely...just sounded nice...lol. Something positive and happy....like oncloud9 Okay, I'm REALLY signing off now...lol. Goodnight
Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
Lovelybelle- you posted you were a 26/3x????? How???? Your pictures look no where near that at all!!!! And I sincerely mean that!!

my birthday falls right around labor dAy ,sometimes. I would like to be out of the 300s then, even if its 299.99999, I am at 323, I hope this isn't too unrealistic of a goal- that is right at 2 pounds a week I think....I don't like setting goals but I do like it too, and I think it is do-able.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LC1998
I think this is my first post here. I've been reading for a couple of years now. Learned about the Low Carb way in 1998 and have been up and down the scale for 15 years.

I'd like to join the Labor Day Challenge.

I need some serious support from people who won't judge me. I feel so judged lately in my real life.

I'm re-starting today, May 28th.
LC1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

reptogirl Thanks! LOL...yes, sizes are a mystery for me...every store is different. Lane Bryant isn't very forgiving...they'd probably say I'm still a 28 or even 30. And then other stores, say I'm less... I like to wear my clothes a little loose to hide my stomach (or attempt to) When I sit down, my rolls show. I got lucky with those black pants...lol....they have a stomach control panel at top...they're from Fashion Bug. I just bought 2 shirts from Just My Size that are 3x....and if I don't wash them by hand, they'll shrink and be too tight. I just looked at some of my tags and they range from 22 to 28 pants...22-26 shirts, 2x, 3x...even have some XL's and 1x shirts that I can't currently wear comfortably, but for me, just because I can get it over my head doesn't mean it fits correctly. Most of my weight is in my stomach, and although the pants might be baggy in the pant leg or in the backside....it's still tight around the middle. And I don't include drawstring or elastic waistbands...I have size 20 stretchy pants that I've worn for a few years, I don't count that as my official size. Each store is different, but I go by fitted jeans/pants and how a shirt falls on my stomach. I say I'm a 26/3x because that is what I can currently wear comfortably...not too tight when I sit down. But I am starting to wear some lower sizes too...

I think that's a realistic goal, right?? 23 pounds...in about 3 months?? I think thats realistic if you are strict on plan. I hope it works out for you!!! I'm usually a slow loser myself after Induction, but that would be great for me to get to Onderland by Labor Day. I won't set that as the official goal....but...I can dream!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

LC1998 I also found out about Atkins in the late 90's..when low carb was all the craze! LOL...I have been on and off Atkins several times....quite often not getting beyond Induction, so I have no reason to judge...I'm sure I'll screw up several times this time around too! I have found people to be mostly supportive on here, I was on back in 2006 and now...it's been friendly. There have been some times when I thought peoples posts were a bit harsh....one time there was a fight between 2 women because one woman mentioned she had an affair and the other one was morally against that and it created a HUGE Thread of people fighting back and forth...it was quite the soap opera!! And people can be so so so militant when it comes to weight loss, and how much a person SHOULD weigh, and how you SHOULD do low carb....blah blah blah...everybody's journey is different. So Welcome...I hope you'll find some threads on here that will be uplifting and supportive to you.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I've been on a couple of months and have only found support, not judgment.
I've been on some online forums where people can get a little too "caught up" in discussions.

I am in the 4th of July challenge, so I won't be on this thread as much, although I'll be joininig you July 5.

Last edited by Patience; 05-28-2013 at 07:25 AM..
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

My 1 week anniversary of Induction- Woohoo! LOL ...like I said in an earlier post, I have quit during induction...so it's the little victories. 7 pounds lost- Yay! Gotta enjoy this quick weight loss....because OWL is like going through a desert! I might lose .5 a pound every 2 weeks...or something discouraging like that... I do intend to go on OWL after next week...even though it isn't fast weight loss, I'd like more variety...mainly fruit. First week is Outta Here!!

I also ordered a free kit from Atkins.com. It has a few booklets and 3 free bars....anybody else order that? It's free...

Hi again Bella I'm doing the 4th of July threads too...see you there! And see you here, July 5th

Last edited by Autumn; 05-28-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
I'm in! I think this will work wonders for me. I need accountability! Ironically I was looking at my signature, and it's from about 2008 and was trying to figure out what it meant and then it dawned on me it was the weight I lost each week! It looks like I lost about 25lbs in 12 weeks. I'd love to see that again but I'm not going to set a goal. Sometimes that is too much pressure for me I'm already starting grad school in the fall. I don't need anymore pressure!!

Lovely~ I was also going to say you do not, at all, look like a 26, 3x girl. I understand about the being comfortable thing too. Just because you can get something on does not mean it fits!

Super excited for this!

Month 1: -11
Month 2: -6
Week 9: -2.5
Week 10: -0
Week 11: -.5
Week 12: -.5
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Hello Ladies! I would like to join! I am currently 243 and would like to be in the teens by Labor Day. I have a wedding to go to that month and my 10 year anniversary is at the end of the month. I am going to set a goal of 25 pounds.

I am working out 4-6 times a week 30 minutes cardio and then some weights. I also started an "ab challenge" a week ago. It is amazing that I am doing 40 situps in just a week. When I started I could barely do 5. I am hoping this will help my waistline

I did order the free Atkins sampler box. OMG the Caramel Nut Chew Bar tastes like I am eating a Snickers bar and it is 2 net carbs. Really helpful if you have the chocolate craving!

Good luck ladies!
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Lovely, your body type and clothes sizes sound exactly like mine. I have an idea that I weigh a little ( or a lot ) more because I have to have 28 pants because of my huge stomach. Most 3x pants and tops fit unless I get a 4x top so that it hangs instead of touching my body. I too like comfort.
I have only seen encouraging comments on here. I especially like Century Club because I feel they can understand the l..o..n..g.. journey better than a person starting at about 175 or so. That's just my personal opinion. Also, I love your name. I'm going to be on cloud 9 now 2 when I reach my goal! LOL
Darci- I need accountability too. It really helps me to get on here and see how other people are doing. I figure, if they can stick to it, so can I!
Spagirl- Sounds like you are doing great! Wow, lots of exercise. I'm just trying to walk some each day right now. I will move on to more sometime.
reptogirl- I'm rooting for you to make your goal. Always remember, if you aren't exactly where you would like to be on a certain date, think what you would have been if you weren't LCBing!
LC1998- Welcome! I think a person should be perfect before judging and there aren't any of those walking around.

Talk to y'all later in the day ! Love to all my new friends!! ( Wish I knew how to make a heart. )
Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Oh my I am definitely one of those people that wear their clothes loose to try to hide some of the "extra" my jeans are all 26/28 and have some other stretchier type that are 22s, my shirts I am sure would be 4x although I am wearing guys tshirts 3x which are quite big on me but the 2x way too snug. Yeah with my goal...trying to have the right mindset, guess I will just go along for the ride and see where it takes me, I don't low carb(haha I know low carb forum) I joined while I was doing stillmans, now doing Juddd
Old 05-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bethierose
Stats: 377/329.3/130
WOE: Primal/Atkins Induction/figuring it out
Start Date: January 2013
ooh ooh!!! Pick me!! I wanna join the Challenge! I would like to be under 300 as well, which would put me at 32.2 pounds gone.. not sure if this is realistic either, but gotta shoot for something!
bethierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Hey bethierose- we can do this- we are about the same weight-200s here we come
Old 05-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Hi again Darci, I ready what you said on the other post and I'm happy to see others starting at the same time too! You mentioned a recipe site? Do you have a link?

Welcome SpaGirl It does seem nice they'd give away free bars...right? lol, I've had them in the past and they ARE really good...a little TOO good...I stall on Atkins products, but I may get some shakes for when I'm out and need something quick. Your dedication to exercise is awesome...I need to be more dedicated myself. Do you go to a gym SpaGirl?

Does anyone here go to a gym? I do not, I rather walk outside or do other exercises at home for now....perhaps in the future I'll rejoin.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

oncloud9now 'I wish I knew how to make a heart' You have to add the little graphics in the 'Go Advanced' when you write a post...it won't show the graphic in the body of the message but in the 'preview' or the 'reply'. It takes more time, but I think they're fun. I'm pretty much just sticking to Century Club too this week...it is a loooong journey, but think of May 2014...how nice it will be to stick to it for a year....heck, a month! I think the longest I stuck to plan (or close to it) was 4 or 5 months, and I did lose about 40 pounds. It works...I know it works...just a long road..like you said...Happy to meet new friends too...heart for you-lol...

reptogirl I have a trick mirror...LOL, I think I even said when I bought it that it makes me look thinner than I am. If I stood completely sideways or took a pic from behind, it would show more of the weight. Also, the color black is a chubby girl's best friend...lol...I wear a lot of black pants/capris/dark jeans. I use to wear a lot of dark tops because I thought it hid the weight better, but now I branch out to brighter colors.
I didn't realize you are on a different plan- JUDD? I am not familiar with JUDD or Stillmans, but I hope you don't mind our 'Atkins gab'....lol...or whatever other LCFriends may be saying on here!

Welcome Bethierose Your stats are really great....great progress since January!