LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Hi ladies!

Today is a great day to be alive, well they all are! I am just moving forward with the plan and not really trying to overthink it! I think that's where the trouble comes in for me. Well, that and trying to add sweet snacks back into my life

Also I was thinking since we all seem to like to chat maybe we could have a qustion of the day (QOTD)? It could be something fun, serious, diet related, random, whatever? What do you all think? I guess I will pose once just to get us started. If you don't want to anwer that is fine too!

QOTD~What is the one food that you consider a staple for you WOE? Is there a recipe to share?

I love to have slim jims on hand (the small ones) they are 1 carb a piece and feel like such a treat to me So they are a staple in that I have them around but not a staple that I eat everyday

Amber~Counting calories isn't fun but at least you are doing something! I'm proud of you Has the scale moved?

Bella~How are you doing today?

Michelle~51 lbs since Feb? that is AMAZING!! Keep going!

OKsue~Twoterville is SO close! I can't wait to welcome you to it!!

Darla~Your excerise routine amazes me! You are an inspiration!

Month 1: -11
Month 2: -6
Week 9: -2.5
Week 10: -0
Week 11: -.5
Week 12: -.5
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Darci- Yay teens!!

sue- Same for me on the calories. 9 years ago I lost 100lbs. on Atkins. Gained it all back plus. This time I'm older and the calories count too. I keep a record of what I eat that gives carbs, fats and calories online. Yes, normal fat makes sense to me. I told my sister that I wish I could walk down the street and people think that I need to lose weight, not OMG, what a fat lady!! I am 58 and it doesn't come off as easily.

Amber- Yes, he needed a tether! I was nervous for him and prayed with him all the way across. Crazy Man!!(Man,LOL)

Oh, lost half the lb. I was up yesterday. 12.5 down now.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Good morining ladies! I am now part of the 20 pounds lost club! I was down another pound this morning. I couldn't have done it without your support so thank you! I am now concentrating on getting into the teens by Labor Day. I swam another mile last night. I am going to try to swim twice a week from now on.

OKSUE~Twoterville is fast approaching! As for the eliptical, I would start with 10 minutes, at your pace and work up from there. Even five is start!
AMBER~Good job with keeping track and counting the calories, it is amazing to me how 1000s of calories I would consume at one meal without realizing it.
THECLOUDE~Yay!Bye Bye 90s!
DARCI~Might have been brought up before, but have you tried the Atkins treat bars. Super yummy, I only have one once or twice a month, but terrific for satisfying the chocolate craving. LOVEthe idea of QOTD!!
I love bacon! The salty crunch makes me happy. I have a great receipe for cheese and spinich stuffed bacon wrapped chicken. Delicious and low carb! I will post the temp and time later.

Happy Tuesday! Darla
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Working in perfectly with the Labor Day Challenge, I am going to Florida the last week of August. DH, me, my sister(who has joined me in this WOE) and her dh will be on a ground floor , beachfront condo that we stay in every year. Hoping I will have lost enough for it to at least be noticeable by then. The more you weigh, the more you have to lose for it to show. I remember that from my first go round on Atkins 9 years ago. For sure, I will be smaller this year than I was last year.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Darci- QOTD- Hmmm.... I think my Dobie Muffins. They give me sweet and bread all in one. I put a tablespoon of cream cheese on top and I feel--Naughty--.LOL I put the recipe up a while back but will share again if needed.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
I cannot choose just one food ....I always have eggs, sf jello, pork rinds, Atkins bars and Stovers Sf chocolates....I make sf jello Knox blox...

Knox blox:

4 envelopes Knox gelatin
3 small boxes of sf jello
4 cups boiling water
Dissolve jello & gelatin in hot water.....spray 9x13 pan lightly with nonstick spray....pour jello mixture into pan...refrigerate until set...cut into squares and enjoy!! Kids love these!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaDanielle
Good afternoon lovely ladies! I'm trying this without a net today so hopefully I won't lose it...I posted twice yesterday, but still managed to get behind again. Y'all rock!

oncloud9now2: I had one of those days yesd, too where I was hungry all day. And I will meet your lb and raise you one. *sigh* I'm blaming mine on hormones. Florida definitely has the best beaches! If you are near the panhandle, be prepared for the humidity. It is terrible this year!

Michele: Good for you getting the preventives out of the way. I was due for my mammo in March but haven't made the appt yet. My excuse has been soreness from so much yard work and I definitely don't want my boobs flattened when they are sore. July for sure. Congrats on the 51 gone! That is wonderful!!!

Darla: Great job on the eliptical! I heard the V word all the way over here... It is hard to abstain, but liquor gives me the munchies so I can never seem to stay on plan when I drink. I do enjoy the occasional toddy or 3... As far as the Burpees, anything that involves my knees kill me. It is not so much that I am out of shape in that area as my legs are super strong, but in the last couple of years they crackle even when I ride my exercise bike. I hate that sound! I used to think it was a weight issue, but now I believe it is just too many birthdays. As far as the 10 in a row and huffing and puffing...um, my heart beats through my ears when I lean over so yeah. I find it amazing that my blood pressure was 117/67 last week. And tiny petite woman like my mother can have such high pressures. 20 lbs! Woot!

Oksue: on the eating well! And the new numbers! You were lucky to not have to count calories on Atkins 10 years ago. I tried it the first time in my 20s and I still couldn't lose past induction without counting. I just love meat too much and I still think I have a slow metabolism no matter what the doctor keeps telling me.

Amber: Funny about the weighing several times a day. At one point a few months ago, I found that my lowest weight of the day was always at noon. I just thought I would look funny carrying my scale with me when I was out and about. Great job on the journaling! When I quit writing is when I know I am straying.

~~Darci~~Great attitude!

QOTD~Well, I am going to say RAW cauliflower. Mainly because it has health benefits and bathroom benefits because eating low carb always affects my morning constitution without it. I don't have any new recipes right now. I am not doing anything fancy these days and mainly eat meat and salads; no frills. I just remembered that I actually read another thread yesd and they mentioned butter in the coffee so I am going to try that along with SF salted caramel syrup that I picked up this morning. I am more of a half and half with stevia and a little coffee in my cup so I'm always interested in new and exciting ways to stay away from Starbucks fraps and lattes.

I do love bacon, too! And the slim jims sound like a good idea for snackage. I find myself eating more cabbage than lettuce these days, too. Again, raw. Not much for the cooked smell.

I definitely have PMS = rambling. I couldn't stand not knowing how much weight I had gained with all this bloating so I pulled out the scale and yep, I was up 2 lbs since last Friday. I haven't been perfect, but I still think it is just water weight from my cycle. I might try to make it until July 1st without weighing until all this fun monthly stuff passes. Come on menopause!

Have a great evening y'all! Sorry this is so long, but y'all have made me feel so welcome that I can't seem to shut up.
Dani

Last edited by BellaDanielle; 06-25-2013 at 12:55 PM..
BellaDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Dani- Yep, the humidity is awful but I live 20 min. south of Atlanta, GA, airport and have a lot of humidity experience! LOL. Panama City Beach is my favorite vacation spot. We can go anywhere in the world and I don't feel like I have had a vacation until I've been there. We usually go 3 to 4 times a year but the money has been tight this year so we are only going once (last week of Aug.) unless we decide to go back in Sept. I take my coffee like yours but the butter and caramel syrup sound interesting. Why butter??
Old 06-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Wow- lots of activity on here today...we're all pumped up! LOL

Michele Congratulations on 279....a new decade!!

Oksue Elliptical kicks MY butt too...lol. Not the same as treadmill...for sure! I understand 'normal sized' fat. LOL...

Darci You're in a happy mood today!! I love the Question of the Day idea! I was a fan of slim jims while on Atkins in the past (YES!) They're easy to carry around with you....quick protein...and yummy. Well, my staple isn't really 'food'... I love Crystal Light. I stopped drinking it this time around while on Atkins (Aspartame) But I am drinking it now, yeah...I love my Crystal Light!! Sweet Tea and Lemonade especially. The scale MIGHT have moved?? LOL...I don't like to claim it as weight loss until I've been there a while...also my scale isn't digital so it's not as accurate. Keep up the good work and good attitude!

oncloud9now2 Oooh...Florida vacation- Nice! Maybe some extra motivation for you this summer, eh? Which part of Florida do you visit? Oh wait...I think you said it was Panama City. I don't think I've been there....I lived in the Ft Myers area for 3 years when I was in high school.

Here's an off-topic question...but does anybody here (other than Spagirl-lol) go swimming in the summer? Own a bathing Suit and wear it out? I WOULD go out swimming, just don't have opportunity to....but I also might not feel comfortable wearing it around certain people....etc....

Spagirl Hi Darla....I would post people's first names on here but if it's not in the signature, I feel like you might not want your name posted regularly? Yay for the 20 pound club!!! You are catching up to me (Ahhh!) Oh, I don't care if you breeze by me (and you will..lol) You definitely earn every pound you lose with all the intense exercise!

BellaDanielle Ha, ha....'come on menopause' LOL, funny ....I know, the thing about blood pressure, at 100 pounds overweight, I have good blood pressure?? Weird... luckily don't have to take a pill for THAT...but my pulse is too high. You said your knees crackle...my ankles do that....my feet never grew with weight gain! my poor little feet- LOL. That's why I can't do burpees/squat-thrusts. I'll never get use to the humidity....I am an a/c girl...no doubt! LOL...one of the greatest inventions ever!!

Hey all! I am low cal girl....checking in. I found out the dates of my appointments today...the surgery will be August 7th. It's a D & C, which I know a lot of women have this done...but it's new to me! I've never given birth, so any medical procedure in that area really isn't welcome- LOL...but it's necessary...so, gotta do it. The receptionist left me a message today for literally 5 appointments!!! Before surgery... the actual surgery and then the follow up...I was like 'Oh my gosh...' it seemed really overwhelming. But I have a whole month before have to deal with it...so...yeah. My job now is to avoid stress-eating and the calorie counting so far is working. At the very least, I'd like to just avoid gaining weight and continue to post with my LowCarbFriends. I don't wanna dwell on the surgery all month, it'll just freak me out...that's why I stopped posting on the 'Women's Health' Board. But that is what is going on with me....and possibly another reason why I am not losing very quickly.

But...back to business...still counting cals....still think its annoying...lol.....but its becoming more of a habit now. My calories have ranged between 1,600 to 1,900...so it's not super strict and I know I'll lose very, very slowly....but I'm just not willing to live on lettuce! LOL...Things are going well

Glad to see you all are doing well this week! TTYL!!

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- December 2nd 2014
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Wed. morning everyone...
Dari....the first LC item that comes to mind is the old stand by "egg". I keep boiled eggs in the fridge at all times. If I am climbing the walls to eat something I find if I have one with a little salt and pepper it really helps. Another staple I have to be careful with is cream cheese. I like to take 2 ozs. of it with a tbl. of peanut butter, vanilla and Splenda to taste. I make little balls with them and put them in the freezer. OMG they are almost too good!!
I think a question of the day is a great idea Dari!
OnCloud...I hear ya on everything you said! I am 61 and I found around the age of 58 all kinds if changes start to take place!! Great on the 12.5 lbs. down!!!
Darla...Yeah!!! The 20+ club sounds wonderful and I am looking forward to seeing it. WTG on another pound!!!
Michele...Jello helps me at times also. I like a dab of whipped cream on the top.
Dani...once you go through menopause it is great. Anyway for me it is. I am no longer moody. Years ago hubs never knew if he was coming home to Susie homemaker or Crazy Sue from day to day!!!! LOL
Amber...hugs to you on the stress of an up coming surgery. It will all be fine. I know how stress can lead us right into the kitchen. Be careful and watch for those signs!!

Guess what girls..........I made it to TWOterville!!!!!!!!!! That is 4 pounds down since I joined you ladies early last week!!! Also I have a total loss of 10 lbs. now.
Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #221
Junior LCF Member

Morning everyone!

Looks like lots of us southern belles around.

oncloud9now2: Love Atlanta! I usually notice a difference in humidity south of Montgomery and East of Texas. Huntsville, Birmingham and Atlanta always feel more comfortable to me. I lived in Orlando for awhile and I never noticed the humidity down there either. I currently live about 4 hours south of you near the Bay so I get the worst of the humidity. At least at the beach you get the ocean breeze and don't notice it as much. I plan to move north when I sell my real estate. No more humidity or hurricanes! Panama City and Destin are my favorite beaches! So beautiful and fantastic seafood!

The thread that mentioned butter was saying the extra fat was helping with weight loss but there were also some that just liked the taste. I dunno. I tried it this morning with my Dunkin Donuts (home made) coffee in a big cup, 2 Stevias, a splash of Half n Half, 2 T of SF salted caramel syrup and it is not bad. I am not a big fan of the SF syrups so I can only imagine how good it would be with regular syrup.

Amber: I used to have a pool and would swim in my suit, but in public I always wear shorts with my suit. My stomach and arms are my worse areas so usually I have a light open blouse on, too and take it off right as I go in. I don't know why because I see women with arms bigger than mine in tanks and sleeveless all day, but I always try to keep my arms covered to the elbow unless I am around the house. Just one of my weird quirks. I love to swim and would swim in the community pool where I am renting, but it is always full of kids with school out.

Amber, I know you don't want to dwell on the surgery so I will just say that you are in my thoughts. I have only had surgery in the form of a c-section so I know you are overwhelmed. It is hard to not think about things we don't want to think about, but you just have to keep pushing the thoughts away. Worrying definitely isn't going to help and then it will be over with.

Oksue: Congrats on getting to Two-ter-ville! Woohoo!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Dani

Last edited by BellaDanielle; 06-26-2013 at 07:07 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

scale was up a tad this morning....this too shall pass

Oksue: yay two hundreds!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

I wear a bathing suit in Florida or at other beaches only. I would never go where I thought I might know someone. My family has enough Plus size women that we sort of wear them and support each other. Mine is a swim dress that is about a size too big. I am short so it comes almost to my knees. Other suits are not as long as swim dresses. I've tried the tank and skirt ones , but the skirt is not as long. Too much inner thigh fat for those right now.

Amber- Some days you're going to want to talk about your surgery and some days you won't. Just know that you can talk when you want to. I certainly understand having health problems and sometimes they can consume your thoughts. Whatever kind of day you're having, we're here for you.

Michele- You're right; it'll pass. Onward and ...downward.!

Dani- Can't wait for that wonderful, fresh seafood!

sue- Congratulations!! I want to come there with you soooo bad! 9 lbs. to go!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Oncloud9: I have never in my life put on a bathing suit...and I don't know how to swim... I have wasted way too much of my life being fat

Amber: wishing you all the best on your up coming surgery.

Fresh seafood does sound good....we don't have that in North Dakota for obvious reasons

I'm cooking cabbage, ground beef and bacon for supper....boy does it smell yummy!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Oncloud~ We go to the keys and scuba dive. I am jealous, sounds like a good vacation. I learned about humidity when I went to my academy in Glenco, Georgia. Although I like to exercise I HATE to running and we did a lot of that. On some of the worst days I felt like I was chewing the air it was so dense with heat and humidity Dobie muffins, do tell!
Thecloude~Never liked jello, wish I did! Wow, never swam, never too late to learn.
Dani~I've had high blood pressure for a couple of years, but probably need to check with doctor, it has been really good for the last month. I made cauliflower pizza and suprisingly liked it. I don't usually like cauliflower!
Amber~Use either name, doesn't matter to me. I had the procedure you are going to have, we are here for you, in whatever way you need.
Oksue~TWOTEERVILLE! I too love eggs
Michelle~Great attitude, here's to numbers going down! I'm coming over for dinner!

Going to swim tonight!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Darla- Have never been scuba diving. Some in my family do but I couldn't stand being under the water for any length of time. I can swim enough to save myself. Love doing exercises in the water. Dobie Muffins are made with flax meal. I'll put the recipe up if you want. Let me know. I put it on here in one thread. Don't remember which.

Michele- In a suit like mine you might feel comfortable, especially if you're where people don't know you. I keep my cover-up on until I start to go down the steps of the pool. If you look around, you will see plenty of large size women having a blast. I know it's hard though, I still am insecure to an extent. I hope you will get to experience it all in a few months.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Hey guys! Well, I did a bit of a binge in the middle of the night....lol. Pizza rolls. Did you know the serving size is 6? Well, its hard to stick to six...when you're use to eating almost the whole bag- LOL. I was hesitant to buy them because they are so easy to eat up...like crackers. Oh well...the positive note is that I did count those calories too....when in the past I would just ignore it.

Thank you all very much for your support for surgery. It sounds as though many people have had 'female' surgeries...so now I'll just join the club, right? Yeah, I really don't wanna think about it right now. I'm already a worry-wart...so, I'll deal with it as it comes. Thanks you guys!

Oksue TWOTERVILLE!! YAY!!!!!! Be sure to go out and buy your 4th of July Shirt!!!

Michele I hate it when that dang scale moves!!! You are right...'This too shall pass'...I think you should eventually buy yourself a suit! Maybe?? They do sell long cover up's too...I think a lot of women take advantage of that...or use one from the waist down...

Dani Oh, I've got my quirks too ...LOL...I don't like to wear tank tops out. The places in which I've swam before...YMCA, Public Pool...there are other overweight people too, so I am not as insecure about it....but if I were around a bunch of hard bodies- well, that would be different. I miss the beach....oh my gosh. And I just took it for granted when I lived in Florida...just how it is.

Oncloud9now2 Oh good...I'm glad you will swim on vacations. You had said before how you were timid to walk outside- so I'm glad that you will take a nice dip!

Darla Running in Georgia...I'd pass out. LOL. I did do gym class in Florida...but mostly we were indoors. I admit...I became an indoor girl once moving down south. When I lived in upstate NY...I was more accustomed to harsh winters and mild summers....here I consider it mild winters/harsh summers. And...well, that is when I started to get chubby as a teenager...when I stopped spending as much time outside! Never did scuba diving....a little scared to honestly!

Anybody have a Question of the Day for Thursday?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys!

Sorry I didn't get back! Our thread is moving now! I'm glad I mentioned that it was SLOW since I was here before and now it's NOT! WHOOT!

Oooooh, I just have to mention that I am excited that there is a Darci, Darla and a Dani all in one thread! "D" names are just not that common and we all kinda rhyme. I know, I can be so inmature.

OkSue~TWOTERVILLE!!!! I am so excited for you! You are the STAR OF THE DAY!

Dani~I have weird quirks with my arms too. They are fat and I don't like them But, I've learned to accept myself over the years and TRY not to let it bother me so much. Ususally it doesn't work but I try.

Darla~I like to swim too! One of my favorite workouts (and you know how I feel about those!) is water aerobics! It's fun and doesn't FEEL like a work out.

Amber~I say whoever post the QOTD 1st is the QOTD! I'm guessing since you asked you have a good question! Go for it! Also, move past the binge. It's over and there's nothing to be done about it now. It's in the past.

Michele~The bathing suit thing is an issue for everyone Do you where shorts? I have a tankini set that looks like a short set. I like it, it's cute and I don't feel like a cow in it! Also, don't freak about the scale. That's why I'm not a daily weigher

Oncloude~Yeah for a vacation. I am jealous. I'm taking 3 days off next week but that's been the extent of vacations this year. STAYCATIONS.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic day!

I woke up to the best sleep in awhile because everything was so quiet. I realized then that the power was out. UGH. Amazing how much electricity we use in our lives and how noisy it all is (there are 3 air conditioner thingys right by my bedroom wall that are extremely loud and I have very sensitive hearing). Then I realized what had woke me up was the dumb smoke alarm chirping right about my head. That thing was blasting. Since I am a new renter here, I don't have my ladder with me so I couldn't reach it. I was just about to call mtnc when the electricity came back on. And the loud chirping stopped. Is this something common when electricity goes out? The other ones weren't chirping. Maybe the battery is on its last leg? I dunno but after all this complaining, I kept thinking that if that earth shattering noise hadn't started that I may have sleeped 12 hours when I rarely sleep 4 in a row. [sigh]

All this talk of scuba diving and swimming has me itching to get in the water. I never thought about the Y actually having overweight folks and ironically there is one across the street. Maybe I should go check it out. I wish they had a pool for 30+! I have a feeling parents are leaving their kids there during the summer...bummer.

I had too many carbs yesd and I am feeling out of sorts today along with my attitude in the crapper (love PMS!) so I will bid you all a great day and be on my way.

You all rock!

Last edited by BellaDanielle; 06-27-2013 at 06:28 AM..
Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- You're right about not liking to go outside. I could never do it where I know people. It's the being where I'm anonymous that helps. Plus, my sister will be with me and she is plus size also. When I get out of pool, some member of my family is there at steps with a towel so that I can 'begin drying off' as soon as I get out. I'm only not covered while actually in the pool. I had a hysterectomy in my thirties. Understand the fear of unknown.

Darci- How long are the shorts on your suit? I wear capri pants ,but I'm so short that some are almost to my ankles. My swim dress is very long. To my knees. Shorts might be long too.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Thursday morning!!
Our computer is acting up and I couldn't get on yesterday afternoon or evening. We think it is the modem so I'll make this quick in case it goes back off.
It is going to be 100 today. 107 counting the heat index. I thought about going out and buying that blouse but I may wait. I understand it is going to cool off come tomorrow.
A few yrs. back I took water aerobics and I loved it!!!! I was the youngest one there! We had ladies and a few guys mainly in their 70-mid 80's. The sad part is a lot of them looked better in a suit than I did!!!!!! LOL Sad but true!!
Yesterday was a good day with eating again. Last evening I made some ice cream with Almond milk. It was yummy.
I'll stop now before this goes off again.
I hope everyone is doing great. Have a LC day everyone!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

I swam another mile last night. Burned 649 calories. When I was in my 20s, I use to teach water aerobics. It really is a great exercise and you don't need to know how to swim. Water resistance is one of the kindest ways to workout! Ask your doctors, and they will all reccommend it. Check out the local YMCA, they usually have the class a couple times a week. I don't worry what people may say about me in my bathing suit because at least I'm there working on it! Whenever I see a larger woman out walking, at the gym or pool, I send her a silent "way to go girl!"

I also did ab challenge, one more day to go~
120 Sit-ups
190 Crunches
62 Leg Lifts
115 Sec Plank

QOTD~ What is your favorite era of music? Mine is the 80s, love Journey, Aerosmith, Madonna, etc.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

QOTD~ 80"s all the way!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I may be showing my age here, but I love the 70's.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, I have a signature now to go with my avatar! I'm just making myself right at home.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Jan: just settle yourself right in with us...we love having ya!

I don't have a favorite Era of music....I'm a country music fan.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Where's Amber???
Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
I may be showing my age here, but I love the 70's.
hey....it could be worse! I love the 60's!!!!!!!

Good Friday morning all....
just a fast run by before this computer goes off on me.
I want to step on the scale again so bad but I know I
need to wait another couple of days. We will see if
I can stay off. LOL
Spagirl......WTG on the swimming. I may be jealous. I love swimming!!
Also on the ab challenge !!!!
Good morning to everyone that I missed. Have a great Friday!!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

sue- Hope your computer gets fixed for good today! Love hearing from you.

Down 1/4 lb today. Yay!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Today is FRIDAY!!! AND I just got asked if I was losing weight! Even better I haven't lost a ton yet and it feels good That is kind of why I like to keep my weight loss in my signature. It makes it visible to me. Well, and everyone else too. It is also so that when the inevitable gain shows up I will be able to see that it's just a bump and not a tragedy.

Jan~glad you are settling in and are comfortable with a name and a face too! The shorts on my bathing suit are to about mid thigh and I am also short at 5'2. They fit like regular shorts to me!

Oksue~You can stay with me as a weekly weigher! It's all good plus the scale lies!!!

Michele~you might not have a favorite era of music in country but do you like the twangy stuff? I don't mind the stuff that sounds like pop but the twangy stuff...not so much

Darla~I hate to be a broken record but the excercise is amazing to me!