Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Anybody here today? I still haven't set a goal. I don't really know what's feasible. I don't want to be disappointed by not making it but I don't want it to be so easy that there's no challenge. Hmmmmmmm
oncloud9now2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Oncloud: I am still here! I am so happy I made it through a big pool party staying on track and today I am down 1.8 I am so close to the 30s. My labor day goal was to be in the teens. Yours doesn't have to be weight it could be a size or and exercise goal. Set something so you have something to work toward. Hope you and EVERYONE else who should be here has a great weekend.
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Spagirl. I admire your exercise schedule. You go girl!! I'll think of something!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LovelyBelle
Stats: Highest Weight about 260. Restart 243/233/130
Start Date: May 21, 2013
Hi Ladies...thank you for your thoughts and prayers ; ) It sounds like I am going to have a minor surgery...it's not scheduled yet...I'm trying not to think about it. So...I guess the good news is....I'm still at 234? LOL...I'm not sure what to make my goal now except to keep posting and to be aware of my weight....not just ignore it and go right back to 260+!!!
Hope you all have a great week!
LovelyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for MINOR!!! So glad you're hanging around. I would miss you too much if you stayed away. Let us know when the surgery is so that we can be in prayer!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

What would the world be like without Prayer warriors? Thank you very much- It means a lot ; ) I don't wanna dwell on it...it'll just make me more nervous- lol. But, I will let ya know when it's gonna happen. I'm still waiting on the doctor's office to call me back for another appointment...

How long is it till Labor Day???? LOL LOL....if I were on a WOE today, well, I bombed. I overate. I'm just trying not to overeat...FAIL! LOL....

You all have a good night/day!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been around I've been busy but I've stayed on track! I was a little disappointed that my 2 week todal is 8 lbs. I've decided that I am ok with that because honestly I didn't have a PERFECT induction. I did have a brownie on my birthday and I had a atkins bar and although it SAYS ok for all phases I'm not 100% on that for ME. Besides, I was never hungry and didn't have any issues so it's all good!

Amber~ Labor Day is 12 weeks from yesterday You are going to get through the surgery and it's going to be so much better after!

OnCloud~thanks for calling us out for disappearing. We NEED that

Spagirl~you are on track to make that goal with all that excercise!

I was sitting here thinking my goal for Labor day would be onderland but looking at the numbers it would be 22 lbs to 199. I don't think 2 lbs every week for 3 months is possible and I don't want to be discouraged. I also don't want it to be too easy. I'm thinking I might go with 18 lbs so it's an average of 1.5 lbs a week. it's still quite agressive but doable. What do you all think?

I've missed you guys!

Darci

Month 1: -11
Month 2: -6
Week 9: -2.5
Week 10: -0
Week 11: -.5
Week 12: -.5
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

OK, 1 lb. a week. I'm committed. I'm 58 years old and can not do strenuous exercise because of health issues. Should be 12 more lbs. down by them. If more,Yay. If not, I'm sticking with it. I have had a good last few days with losing a lb. a day but I know that won't last. I am just thankful for more energy and feeling better. Started May 27th and have lost 10 lbs in 23 days.Not great since 2 weeks were Induction, but I would have been gaining if I hadn't started this WOE. I'm happy and am looking at the big picture. Next year I will be a lot slimmer!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Now, I'm already second guessing myself! Do y'all think that's a 'good' goal!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Oncloud:I think that is a reasonable goal, but don't beat yourself up about it. Just work toward it and if you get there a few weeks ahead, right on time, or a few weeks later, it is all good!
Darci: Go for it! You can do it!
Amber: I hope you get your surgery and recover quickly so you can get back on plan.
thecloude and repto: Where are you,you are missed!

I keep telling myself that this isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change. I am not saying that pasta, bread, tortillas, etc. will never pass my lips again, but it isn't going to ever be a daily thing. I am down almost 18 pounds and can't believe how much better I already feel. I have to lose 32 more pounds so I can get my hernia surgery. I hope to be there before the end of the year, but who knows. I know that I am closere than I was a month and a half ago.
Here is my exercise today, I can't believe I did 100 sit-ups!
100 Sit-ups
150 Crunches
58 Leg Lifts
90 Sec Plank
19 Kettle Ball Swings
19 Burpees
Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Spagirl. Then, I won't stress and what will be will be. I'm down 1/2 lb. today. Yay!
11 1/2 to go!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaDanielle
Hi everyone. Is it too late for me to join? I saw this challenge when I first signed up for LCF but my internet has been spotty so I thought I would wait until things got better. I have lost about 25 pounds but would like to lose at least 80 more. I am a slow loser but I would love to get at least 20 pounds off by Labor Day.
BellaDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Belle

Back from vacation! Had a great time and can't wait to go back in a few months ....my son wants to take me on a hike

Did gain 2 lbs though....hoping those go away in the next day or two....too much traveling time causes fluid to build up in my legs I think

Happy Wednesday!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Hi!!

I am having a great week so far I am only weighing once a week, just for my own sanity but I feel good so I'm taking that and running witj it

BellaDanielle~we are glad to have you join us It's ALWAYS good to have extra support. AND congratulations on the 25 lbs GONE!

OnCloud~Just make a goal that YOU are comfortable with. It's a very realistic goal! Besides if you "only" lose 10 lbs instead of 12 is it the end of the world? NOPE because you STILL lost 10 lbs!

SpaGirl~I agree that it's not a diet and that I AM going to have pasta or.......again. But I am trying to see things as treats. But here's my thing right now. We don't get to be 100 + lbs overweight but indulging occasionally and I CAN'T do it right now. I need to get myself back into the lifestyle of this WOE before I try to let myself have a treat or I will see it as a diet. Perhaps that's why I've failed so many times? Sorry that got to be sort of theraputic for ME and I was going to just delete it but I thought maybe it would help someone else. Not ment to offend anyone.

Amber~We're still saving a spot for you on the weight loss train

Keep pressing on!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Darci- I wish I could stay off the scales. It's the first thing I do every morning.

Bella- Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Hi all, such a busy day for me. I had to cut down my time in the gym this morning so I could make it on time to work. But, I will finish tonight at home.
Bella I am so impressed with 25 lbs gone! Like Darci said we didn't get this way overnight, so it will take some time for it to come off too.
thecloude: Welcome home! I know what you mean about fluid retention when traveling, sitting too long can do it. Hopefully you will get that flushed out of the system and be right back on track.
Darci: I so agree! I mean more like once I get to maitenance, which will be awhile and I know it is better for it to come off slowly and hopefully permanently!
Oncloud: Bye bye .5! Any movement down is good movement for me!
Exercise:
20 min eliptical
105 Sit ups
160 Crunches

Will do at least 10 more minutes of cardio tonight,60 leg raises, 100sec plank.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagirl116 View Post
Hi ladies, sorry I have been absent, I have been out of town since Thursday. I went to northern California to see my niece graduate. Unfortunately it was scary hot and they had to cancel the graduation after only 30 minutes. Only about 50 out of 420 kids got their name announced and their diploma. The fire marshall actually stopped the ceremony because he had too many heat exhaustion calls. I was smart and went to the east side of the stadium and found shade for myself, dad, brother and sister in law. They said the poor kids on the field in BLACK cap and gowns were sitting on artificial turf and the temperature reached 117 degrees there. They treated 15 people at the field, five went to the hospital, two were unreponsive and in critical condition. Scary! Did I mention this was at 9:00 am? Yikes!

Okay, I am really proud of myself! I stayed completely on plan except for one meal. That was the lunch after the cancelled graduation. I had eaten at 7:00 am (eggs and sausage) and then we didn't eat until 2:00, I was starving! So I ate a croissant turkey sandwich and had about 20 potato chips. Other than that I did great. Scale still isn't moving, but i did my measurements on June 1st and I am down everywhere I kept up with my exercising too!
Todays Ab Challenge
85 sit-ups
120 crunches
75 sec plank
Haven't done cardio yet, but planning on 30 minutes of something!

Glad to see everyone still here!
Darla
This is an older post...but I was reading posts I had missed- that graduation sounds nuts! Too bad for the kids that didn't get to walk! And so miserably hot too!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDanielle View Post
Hi everyone. Is it too late for me to join? I saw this challenge when I first signed up for LCF but my internet has been spotty so I thought I would wait until things got better. I have lost about 25 pounds but would like to lose at least 80 more. I am a slow loser but I would love to get at least 20 pounds off by Labor Day.

Welcome aboard! Nope, I don't think any group or challenge on here is too late to join Congratulation on on the 25 pound weight loss! I am also a slow loser (boo!) But...no reason to quit, right? Wishing you lots of success for our weight loss summer! Woohoo
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Michele and oncloud9now2 - Hope you both had great vacations!!! Nice to get out of town, huh?

oncloud9now2- It's tricky making goals? I think a pound a week on 'strict Atkins' is doable...and of course looking at the big picture too...if not a pound a week....then x amount of pounds by Labor Day?

Darci I know the Induction total can be a bummer...some people lose close to 20 pounds! I believe I lost 9 during induction...was expecting to lose more...but hey- it's a step in the right direction!!!! Weighing myself on the scale less would make me more sane too!! LOL...I'll TRY to...

Spagirl The exercise queen! That would be awesome to be in the teens by Labor Day...it's been a few years since the 220's for me...so the teens...it's been probably over 5 years for me to be that low....Great goal!!!

Oh, well...I'm not on Atkins...I don't know what WOE I'm doing right now...LOL. I had a rain storm here in the last few days and I had to throw out all the meat in the freezer because it was going bad. That was a big financial loss for me...I mentioned that Atkins was expensive for me...and I'm unable to go out and buy all food to replace it. This happened at the same time that I found out about the health problems?? It's like...MAN! But, I'd like to still post with a different goal of keeping overeating in check...and get into the 220's by Labor Day. About 12 weeks till Labor Day...yeah, it seems more than doable...I just gotta do it! LOL...

Thanks you guys...have a great evening!!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- Whatever you can do is great. At least you are making choices and not out there eating everything in sight. ( Which was my strategy before this WOE. LOL) I'm sticking to 1 lb. a week. I think I eat more veggies than Atkins allows.

spagirl- Just keep posting those exercises and maybe I will start my walking.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone. I was down 1/4 lb. today! Yay!! I'm buying Atkins bars and shakes today. Hope it's not a mistake.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaDanielle
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and congrats! I look forward to getting to know you all, too.

thecloude1: Only 2 lbs gained from vacation is fantastic. I gain that much just by thinking about vacation. LOL I'm sure it is just water and will be gone in a day or two.

~~Darci~~: I think I may go back to weighing once a week. The anticipation of that weekly weigh in kept me on track better. On the 2 occasions that I lost a large amount of weight, I only weighed weekly. *lightbulb* This daily weighing can be very frustrating when it shows results on the "non-perfect days" and then shows NO RESULTS on the "perfect days". It gives me "unhealthy" thoughts...it will be a hard habit to break but I am weighing tomorrow and hiding the dumb thing until next Fri.

SpaGirl: Great job on all that exercise. I have been getting a bunch of exercise, but I want to get back into actually exercising...if that makes any sense.

LovelyBelle: I agree that not giving up when we are slow losers makes us pretty cool.

oncloud9now2: Congrats on losing that quarter pounder!

Hope everyone has a great day! It has flown by and I forgot to eat lunch so I better get some protein in me.

Last edited by BellaDanielle; 06-20-2013 at 12:24 PM..
BellaDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
everyone ....I had a friend in another state ask me today if I lost weight? She was looking at a couple vacation pics I posted on FB....That made my day . Really noticing my clothes getting looser!
I have been eating an Atkins Meal bar for breakfast for the past month probably....today I'm not going to eat one of those, sf candy, or nuts...see if that budges the scale.

Lovely: happy to see you still posting!

Oncloud9: woohoo on the loss!

Bella: I'm hoping its water weight too Hope to see you post lots!

Spagirl: WTG on your exercising!!!

Darci: I'm a slave to that damn scale! It drove me nuts not being able to weigh while on vacation!

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Hello All! Nothing new to report today...Wishing you all a good WOE on Thursday and Friday!!
Congrats on weight loss oncloud9!!!
Michele Oooh, it's great when people take notice of the weight loss....
Bella Hope this support site proves to be helpful for you!!!

Talk to you all later
Old 06-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday!!!
Amber: Yes, the graduation was crazy. The kids did get to walk 4 days later! So sorry to hear about all that food gone to waste. That happened to me when we went on vacation. Lost everything in the freezer! Did have a very clean freezer for the first time in a long time.
Darci: I am going to try to weigh myself in less this week. It is amazing how much it can flucuate.
Oncloud: Little by little and then add to it, you will get there. Weren't you the one getting up during commercials?? Keep it up! Bye Bye .25lbs!
BellaDanielle: Looking forward to getting to know you too!
thecloude: WINNER!!! Those are the words I look forward to hearing sometime soon. My husband has noticed, but waiting to hear it from coworkers and friends.

Today's exercise, non cardio day
110 Sit-ups
170 Crunches
60 Leg Lifts
100 Sec Plank
27 Kettleball Swings
27 Burpees

I only have four days of the Ab challenge left. What do you think I should do after that? Start over? Do an amount from the middle of the challenge daily or within my normal workouts? Go on to something new? This has been a thirty day challenge, three days on, one day off. Due to life, sometimes it would be two days off, but I have stayed on it and like having a challenge to face.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Spagirl Thats great you're so close to completing your ab challenge!!! As for what challenge to do next...uh....LOL... I am REALLY not the right person to talk about exercise challenges....but you had said that you LIKE the challenges...so I'd say set up another challenge for yourself to stay motivated! Oh yeah, the fridge and freezer were very clean...and sad. LOL... Btw, I have lifted a kettleball...those things are murder! The YMCA was advertising a kettle ball class and had it out for people to lift....and I was like 'Oh my GOSH!!!!' (Obvious wimp at the gym...lol) Just a great job on the exercise...I think we all agree that it's so difficult to stick to an exercise plan. Do you still plan on swimming laps?

Today is my one month 'Restart plan' anniversary! Woohoo.... and I think I finally lost that stupid pound...LOL....I was at 234 for a long time...I THINK I'm at 233...putting me at 10 pounds since I restarted. (Yay!!)

This might be a bit controversial on a low carb site...hmm...but I've been doing low calorie since I stopped Atkins and had to throw out the food. Someone suggested it to me. I'm not a huge fan of calorie counting and keeping a food journal, in fact I think it's a big fat pain-lol....but...that's what I've been doing for the last few days. It's taboo for 'LowCarbFriends'...lol...I know! There are calorie counters under the tool bar, so maybe other people are counting calories too?? So that's my shameful secret- LOL... We'll see how it goes. I have looked at other low calorie weight loss sites, but I still like the camaraderie on Century Club the best Nice to talk to other people who have more than 100 pounds to lose. You guys are great

Have a great Friday night and Saturday!! Happy 1st day of Summer!! The loooong hot summer....
Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys!!!

Sorry I've wasn't around yesterday. You know how crazy work can be! But I think a really good thing for me is that I've still stayed on plan without much effort.

Does anyone else fill up quickly? Sometimes I have to make myself eat!

Darla-how about for your new challenge focusing on a different body part?

Michele-I just have a hard time with everyday because normal weight fluctuations can effect me.

Oncloude9-congrats on the loss!

Bella-not getting on the scale daily is a good thing! Plus weekly its easier to see a clear trend.

Amber-I've done WW and low cal/fat. It can be done but I didn't find it a lot cheaper. Sorry about the food loss. It's ALL so expensive now!

Have a good night all
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- You're trying to do something and that's all that matters. At least you aren't on a binge! Yay!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Okay, this is hard for me, but I am weighing today and not until Tuesday. Today I was down .8, but more importantly, I am finally in the 30s Tuesday is my weigh in day for a work weight loss challenge. I think a man is going to beat me out, but I think I did the best of the women and no matter what, I am carrying around 19 (hopefully more) less pounds than I was two months ago. Think about a couple bags of potatoes and the visual is stunning!

Amber: Yes, I have my suit, cap and goggles, but DS is in All Stars and so far practices and games are not allowing me to swim. Maybe later today. Yay on your 1 lb loss. I am chasing you down the 30s now

Darci: Yes, I am surprised at how quickly I fill up now. Especially when you think we use to eat a sandwich with all that bread and possibly fries too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi everyone! May I join in also?
I am losing slow this time around on LC so I will set a goal
for myself to be down 20 lbs. on or before Labor Day. That
should be do-able.
Hi to Amber and Cloud9!! Nice seeing you over here!!!
It looks as if you all are off to a great start.
Oksue is online now   Reply With Quote