LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Good Morning!

I've made it threw 2 days and I'm starting day 3 It hasn't been bad yet. Of course it's only the start of day 3.

I hear all of you on the work/food issues. We are having birthday brownies today which would normally be easy enough to avoid just say no thank you. it's a little harder when they are for YOUR birthday.

I'll bbl with some personal notes
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Darci: WTG! That would be hard to say no when it's for your bday!

We had birthday cake too today in the office...but my fantastic boss called my husband yesterday to ask what I can have to eat....so she had a meat and cheese tray too

Scale read 290.8 this morning! Yes! I have one week to reach my goal of the 280's by June 13th

Have a great day!!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Darci Before I forget to post... Have a great Birthday Today!!!

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Putting WOE aside, that's nice that your office caters lunch!! And BBQ's... NOT great for low carb diets, but nice besides that! I am unemployed/disabled now, but I have worked in places in which people celebrated birthdays, or had a perpetual 'junk food table'....and of course, the infamous vending machines! LOL....What to do when the birthday brownies are FOR YOU! LOL...that is a tough one! LOL...

Michele- I do believe you will reach that goal!!! So exciting!

oncloud9 I'd say start by walking to the mail box...baby steps, right? My Mom doesn't like to walk outside either because she doesn't want people to see her. She spends most of her time in the apartment... self-admittedly agoraphobic. I have a tendency to be this way too and have to fight it. I shop at off hours. I went to Walmart at 4am to avoid people. I'm a weird little duck-lol. Sensitive to noise, light and movement- that's why I do it. I wear ear plugs while I shop...even this morning I did because of the floor machines. I use to stay awake all night and sleep during the day to avoid noise but now I'm trying to be more of a day person this year. So ANYWAYS, I say just walk back and forth in your driveway....back yard....to get use to being outside. Use a cane or a walker for balance?

I received my Atkins Box today- it felt like a present I think Atkins has changed its rules a bit since Dr. Atkins passed away- does anyone agree? I mean, comparing the website and this packet information to the book- it's a little different. But, of course Atkins '72 was majorly strict- never tried it, but I don't think they eat veggies at all, do they???

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- June 3rd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014

Last edited by Autumn; 06-05-2013 at 01:14 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

6-5-13
234lb

(my cut and paste Word journal entry)

Started OWL today...still no weight loss for...maybe a week? But my clothes are fitting loser- so that's something. I did take measurements the day before I started Atkins, so I may check again later this month to see how I'm doing.

I did a short leisurely walk around the neighborhood with sandals on, so not very fast. I bought strawberries and did measure them before eating (I hate measuring!) and bought almonds. I bought cantaloupe in a cup and it was spoiled or had a preservative spray- it smelled and tasted awful- had to trash it!

Groceries have been expensive since starting Atkins...even though I buy in bulk and freeze smaller portions of meat, I'm still spending a lot on food it seems.

So weight loss is gonna be slow, slow, sloooooowww. Hoping to be under 229 by July 4!

Last edited by Autumn; 06-05-2013 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 06-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Amber- Got my Atkins kit too. Loved it. Haven't tried the bars. Waiting for after Induction. Did buy some Atkins shakes and had one of those today. Not the best thing in the world but it is filling and 'sweet'. Didn't go to mailbox yet. Chickened out. I did get up and march in place during a whole commercial break last night and I intend to do it again tonight. Doesn't sound like much but I was out of breath when finished. Baby steps, yes.

Michelle- That's great!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

I posted these on the 4th of July challenge too....first one me about 350lbs...2nd me at about 275 after doing Atkins 8 yrs ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg michele.jpg (7.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg michele1.jpg (5.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning ladies!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

1st of all sorry that I didn't get back on and check in yesterday. We went out for dinner last night and then hung out and talked.

A confession: I did have a small brownie at work yesterday. BUT no dessert or birthdy cake of any kind

I forgot to mention I got my Atkins box a couple of days ago so it came super fast! I have to agree with Amber on this though, even from 2004 when I did this the first time the "company" of Atkins as changed a lot. You could never have the bars and most especially the "treat" bars on induction! IMHO if you are going for ketosis you are never going to get there with all the sugar alcohols and net carbs to start. I think you can still be successful but not in the same way as before. When I get to owl I will go ahead with the bars and stuff but I want to give my body a chance to adjust first.

Oh and I'm glad we are showing 1st names now! Just for the record my name really is Darci

Michele~You look great and are only 15 lbs off from your picture! Was that your lowest weight?

Oncloud9~What flavor shake did you get? I bought some chocolate ones. Remembering back they are not amazing or anything but it's always good to have something you can have that's sweet. Well, for ME anyway!

Amber~I hadn't really thought of Atkins as being a lot more expensive. I guess if you weren't a big meat eater before I can see the increase but the men in my house love meat so. For me not buying the junk is a money saver.

PS: I noticed that I talk (type) a lot! Sorry I like to chat!

Month 1: -11
Month 2: -6
Week 9: -2.5
Week 10: -0
Week 11: -.5
Week 12: -.5

Last edited by ~~Darci~~; 06-06-2013 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: To add PS.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/270.2/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
Ugh! I did a cheat dinner last night. It wasn't planned but here are the details: I went to celebrate my co-worker's birthday with him. He picked the place and there wasn't tons of options for me. I settled on a meatball sub and was just going to eat the meatballs. I ordered a salad bar instead of the normal fries that come along with the sandwich. Anyway, I ate the salad and then they brought the sandwich WITH fries. No big deal, until I ate one bit of the meatball. It was horrible! I couldn't continue to eat that. So then I started on the fries as I was starving at that point (late dinner). So I had about 15 fries. Then I decided to have red velvet cake for dessert. So that was all I had, but still I feel yucky this morning. Of course, the scale is up, but I'm back on point now. I'm a little upset, but not too bad. If I want to do this for life, I know there will be slip ups. All that matters is how fast I get back on track...
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

06-06-2013

I might have lost weight? LOL...it's hard to tell with my scale...I had a digital one before but I broke it from weighing myself too much- ha! So, 2nd day of OWL. Doing alright? Just slow progress- I knew it would be. And I do have cravings- I went into Walgreens to pick up prescriptions, this morning and saw candy everywhere- LOL...and junk in the freezer section. So, yeah....I still have that 'I see it, I want it' mentality! But on course today.
Jan
I think marching in place during commericals is a good step! I was thinking I could do low impact exercise indoors too. You had mentioned about feeling a little down yesterday on the other board- sorry about that. I get that way too. I think coming off of sugar makes you depressed...also, it's just hard. I've been feeling down too...we'll get through it...day by day...

Michele
Hello pretty lady! Wow, what a great achievement...you will do it again!!!

Darci
Glad you had a great birthday! Oh, I wouldn't beat anyone up for having birthday cake (or brownie) I want to eventually allow myself to have sweets for special occassion...maybe strawberry shortcake on 4th of July- or whatever. In fact, I bought myself....an apple (ooooooh) LOL LOL...it's not allowed this early in OWL, but I want to give myself a healthy carb treat weekly, because, for me, that's real life. And a high carb meal monthly- not sure what that'll be yet...but, yeah. I'm not following the book exactly, but I gotta make adjustments else I'll quit.

I thought the same thing about the Atkins box....like 'What? This is allowed on Induction? No way!!'

I was a meat eater before, but not to this extent? It seems like a lot of groceries for me...for one person? But I also didn't really eat 'meal's before, and now I do...better habits.

LoCarbingMe
Oh...well if it makes you feel any better, I ate all 3 free Atkins bars yesterday! LOL...they arrive by mail...and they're gone! I have no self control...really! So that's embarrassing...Just keep hanging in there. It takes so so so long for me to lose weight....that sometimes you feel like 'What's the point- I might as well have fries!' LOL...maybe just consider this your 'treat' for June? Do you usually plan treats? Just keep swimming (Finding Nemo-lol) I remember logging on to LCF in the past in like, January...and I would see people who had started half a year before...or just in October in the previous year and I would think 'Why hadn't I started earlier??? I could have been 20+ pounds less for the New Year!' So think of how much you might lose in time for Labor Day...or Halloween...Thanksgiving...and Christmas! It could be a lot all added up...right? Even if I just maintain this 9 pounds...thats SOMETHING!!! lol....

We just gotta keep going Ladies! It's dang hard....but we're still here!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bethierose
Stats: 377/329.3/130
WOE: Primal/Atkins Induction/figuring it out
Start Date: January 2013
goooooood morning everyone!!! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

Happy belated birthday Darci!

I got on the scale and was still at 329.1! come ON scale!!! Then I went to the bathroom (TMI, I know) and thought for sure the number would have gone down, but nothing. So maybe tomorrow will be a big whoosh?

My real first name is Beth, by the way.

Everyone is doing great.. we have to remember this is a marathon, and yes, I am preaching to myself! haha It's so hard to remember that!!! And I also am trying to remember to not beat myself up when I deviate from the plan.

Any exciting plans for this weekend? I am planning a super busy, fun weekend while my husband is away on a business trip and I am really looking forward to it! I am really pretty social, but am a definite introvert, so I really value my alone time! I love him to pieces, but it'll be good to be apart for 2 days!
bethierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Darci: Thank you! The lowest I got was 267...then I lost my focus and that was that...lol

Lowcabingme: Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back in the saddle partner .

Lovely: Thank you for your kind words! Some of those Atkins bars are pretty darn tasty I have never moved on to OWL....To scared to try it....lol...too me it's so much easier doing induction...I don't have to adjust anything to find what works ... Lol

Beth: Darn scales!! They can really ruin a persons day! No plans here for the weekend other then get stuff ready to go see my son on Thursday...I'm so excited!

Not much going on here...I ordered myself a pair of Crocs because I've been having such foot issues and read alot of good things about them.... Have to say...I wore them most of the day today and my feet didn't hurt at all.....the only thing that will take getting used to is my feet sweating a little and the shoe sticking to my foot. I could wear socks to prevent that I suppose...just not very fashionable....lol

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

06-07-2013
234lb

Hi Beth! Bethierose is a pretty name too Sounds like you are gonna have a great weekend! LOL...oh, I value my alone time too...well, too much actually! LOL...I am trying to be more social. I agree...it's a marathon....oh boy is it! LOL....but, it's worth it. Hoping your whoosh will be arriving soon!!!

Hi Michele! I agree that it's tricky to move on to OWL...too many choices? I just know from my own past...um...failures..lol...that I will cheat in a major way if I don't give myself more leeway....and so here I am! I have never worn Crocs...I'm glad they are helping with foot pain. Maybe socks will help too?

Well, I might have lost half a pound...a quarter of a pound? Something very modest like that...but what is motivating is that my stomach seems flatter, clothes are loser and my face is thinner (go away double chin!!) So...at least that something to keep me going since the scale isn't moving.

Everyone having a good Friday evening? I'm looking forward to Bridezilla Boot-camp...my new trashy reality show I mentioned last week. LOL.
Talk again soon everyone
Old 06-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday!! Just checking in...nothing new to report...weight has been the exact same number for the past couple days and Im OK with that

Have a wonderful evening!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

06-08-2013
234lb

Quiet thread this weekend! Nothing new to report for me either....same weight for a while, but still hanging in there!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Good evening!

How is everyone doing this weekend? I'm doing well here. Had a Birthday BBQ that was low carb friendly. It was awesome & I got concert tickets to the Eagles History tour! Whoot. Too bad it's not until October 23!

How is everyone doing?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Doing great here...the scale read 289.4 this morning!! I'm so happy...it looks like I will be in the 280's by the time I head to my son's on Thursday!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

06-09-2013
234lb

Darci Thats awesome you got tickets to the Eagles!! Welcome to the Hotel California...I always blare that song...lol...Your b-day BBQ sounds fun too!

Michele WOOHOO!!! Congratulations on getting down to the 280's!!! Awesome to reach your goal in time for your visit with your son! I hope your family will have a great time!!!!

Same ole, same ole with me....same weight!....just staying on WOE and waiting!

Happy Sunday and have a great week everyone!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Im still here lurking...weight being a butt right now..went down then back up so i am just waiting for it to go back down, starting to wonder though.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Week 1 is completed and I am down 6 pounds! Off to a great start if I do say so myself

Amber & reptogirl~ The hardest part of any program is NOT seeing the scale move but from my previous experience with Atkins I know that when that's not happening inches are usually disappearing! I like that too

Michele~Congrats on your new decade! That is always so exciting! I'm really happy for you

I've notice that this board isn't nearly as active as it was when I was doing this the first time around. I'm ok with that as long as I have some friends to talk to!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

06/10/2013

I MIGHT finally be at 233...I'm gonna wait and see- can't trust my scale. LOL...

reptogirl Oh, I do understand...I've been at the same weight since May..and part of that was Induction! But, like Darci said, I have been losing inches- I'm sure you are too! Hang in there! I will too...

Darci Congratulations on your first week and down 6 pounds!!! Woohoo!!

The Atkins boards might be more active, but I've been only staying to the Century Club...which has seemed to slow down? Perhaps it's the time of year? Maybe it's because Labor Day is almost 3 months away? LOL...I bet these boards are VERY active in January-lol. But I am gonna stick with plan...and be down some lbs BEFORE that January rush-lol. The 300+ support board is very active, but I mostly lurk there-lol. I agree, nice to have friends to talk to and check in with regularly

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Hi ladies, sorry I have been absent, I have been out of town since Thursday. I went to northern California to see my niece graduate. Unfortunately it was scary hot and they had to cancel the graduation after only 30 minutes. Only about 50 out of 420 kids got their name announced and their diploma. The fire marshall actually stopped the ceremony because he had too many heat exhaustion calls. I was smart and went to the east side of the stadium and found shade for myself, dad, brother and sister in law. They said the poor kids on the field in BLACK cap and gowns were sitting on artificial turf and the temperature reached 117 degrees there. They treated 15 people at the field, five went to the hospital, two were unreponsive and in critical condition. Scary! Did I mention this was at 9:00 am? Yikes!

Okay, I am really proud of myself! I stayed completely on plan except for one meal. That was the lunch after the cancelled graduation. I had eaten at 7:00 am (eggs and sausage) and then we didn't eat until 2:00, I was starving! So I ate a croissant turkey sandwich and had about 20 potato chips. Other than that I did great. Scale still isn't moving, but i did my measurements on June 1st and I am down everywhere I kept up with my exercising too!
Todays Ab Challenge
85 sit-ups
120 crunches
75 sec plank
Haven't done cardio yet, but planning on 30 minutes of something!

Glad to see everyone still here!
Darla
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Darci: Woohooo on 6 lbs gone! You are right the board isnt nowhere near as active as it was yrs ago...but thats ok

Spagirl: Sorry it had to be so dang hot...I dont fare well once it gets up past 80...lol

Lovely: for 233 for you!

reptogirl: Hang in there! It will come off!

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Well...due to 'technical difficulties'...lol...medical issues, I am going off Atkins for now. I will try to maintain my current weight until I can get back on WOE again...but finding it difficult to stick to under the circumstances?

I'll check back in from time to time....Wishing you all lots of success this month! Woohooo!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Lovely: good luck and don't be a stranger here!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear that Amber, hope you stay on the boards and your health gets better so you can get back on your WOE!
Darci, keep up the good work!
Repto, I too am at a plateau, but determined to break through
Michele, keep on posting, we all need the motivation

Todays Ab Challenge
90 Sit ups
130 Crunches
52 Leg Lifts
80 Sec Plank
10 Kettleball swings
10 Burpees
9 Kettleball swings
9 Burpees
My weight keeps going up and down, I really want to get into the 30s before the end of the month!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- Oh, so sorry that your issues are causing you to get off Atkins. You know you are in my prayers. I just got back from my anniversary trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. We had a great time. I stayed on plan but was up 1 1/2 lbs. when I got home. Hoping fluid. I did have trouble with swelling...???Please check in. I want to hear from you!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Yeah! I was at 242.0 this morning, working for every pound! Come on ladies, please keep posting.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

I'm feeling very alone Eating well, scale didn't move, but happy that it has stayed at 242.
Ab Challenge
95 Sit-ups
140 Crunches
55 Leg Lifts
85 Sec Plank
30 min Eliptical
I have also lost 10.25 inches since June 1st (wish I had measured when I first started). I was pretty shocked and this makes me feel so much better that the scale isn't moving much, because something is obviously working
upper arm -1.25
Bust -2.0
Waist -1.0
Hips - 5.0
Thigh - 1.0
Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Spagirl! That is amazing! I didn't measure at all. Wish I had. Of course, I still have plennnty of time. LOL