Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Oh...and there is also CATO, in my town...similar to Fashion Bug, where the store is split down the middle- half plus sized...half 'regular sized. Anybody else have a CATO?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/265.6/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
Yep I've shopped at a CATO before. That one is hit and miss for me. Sometimes I find tons and sometimes I find nothing. It's probably worth checking out.
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

I agree, Cato is also a 'maybe I'll find something good' store. But a lot of the time, I walk out empty-handed. I guess I'm picky with style and price? I do believe that pink shirt I'm wearing in my profile pic is from CATO. I haven't been there in a while...perhaps check them out soon too
Old 06-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Cato has really cute and up to date clothes in plus sizes but they are not wardrobe staples. They start looking a little faded after a few wears. In my opinion. They are not so expensive at least. Avenue and Catherine's both seem expensive to me but their clothes are well made. I just don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes right now because I'm going to be so slender soon!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

I agree that the CATO isn't a wardrobe staple...and they do fade quicker. Some of the clothes seem dated...like I'm seeing the same selection of clothes each year. That pink shirt in the profile...I'd buy that in several colors. I didn't think much of it, until my sister told me I always wear the same boring clothes- LOL! And, yeah...I guess they DO get boring. So I added prints too. And... um, I actually have 2 shirts from the maternity section at JC Penny's. I've never been pregnant- LOL...embarrassing. YES...but at the time they fit really well...so...yeah. Men's sweaters...maternity shirts....you gotta do what you gotta do!

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- December 2nd 2014
Old 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Amen. Won't it be nice to just walk in a store and choose what we like and not what we can get??!!
Old 06-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! LOL...Yes, that is the main reason I want to be thin...LOL. Of course there is the health isssues...wanting to be healthy....but I wanna SHOP! I don't care so much about looking good in a bikini/having a beach body, but I DO want to be able to shop freely...ahhh, so nice....lol...
Old 06-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Hi all!

Today is the day! Day 1 of induction! The food is purchased, breakfast & lunch are packed and I am good to go! I've been preparing! I am ready!

My 1st hurdle? My birthday is Wednesday & my sons birthday is Friday. One day @ a time right?

Have a great day!
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:18 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Darci Good luck with 1st day of Induction! It's good to be well prepared Ooh, that is tricky to have 2 birthdays in one week....but there will always be celebrations to overcome!
Have a nice steak on those days-lol...some induction food that you especially enjoy. Happy Birthday in Advance!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
234lb

I think I'll try putting my current weight in my daily post, so I can keep a record of weight loss when I copy/paste into Word. I admit I've been especially chatty this weekend, I think I'm nervous about my Doctor's appointment tomorrow (wrote about it on 'The Women's Board', and I've been trying to distract myself. Normally, I'd be eating for distraction...so...this instead for now! Just try to 'keep calm and carry on'...

I did walk this morning (yay) 45 min. I haven't been exercising because of medical issues...just maybe some light exercises at home. Tomorrow is my 2 week 'Induction Anniversary'...was hoping to be at 10 pounds in 2 weeks...but if not, I'll take 9

In Atkins, it says for OWL to set a goal...rather than a ?, like I have had for 2 weeks. So I am shooting for 130. That was a comfortable weight before...I may decided to alter that goal in the future. But yep...130!

Oh, and now I am just 'Obese' at 234 rather than 'Extremely Obese' at 236...according to the BMI tools on LCF. Every little step counts...

Happy Monday!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I have officially started and have enjoyed my breakfast. Now the trick will be to not think about/obsess about food all day long.

All the talk about shopping! I love shopping! Does anyone have a dress barn? It's for sizes up to 24 so it's a BOTH store. Hate the name but really like some of the clothes. It's a little pricey but the quality is decent and they have good discounts/clearance.

Is anyone excercising? I really, really REALLY hate excercise. I know I have to do it and I know it's good for me and I should be doing it anyway but, just ugh. I have the WATP DVD's and yoga so I guess that's what I am going to be doing. I was thinking over waiting until after induction to get used to the dietary changes first. Or using it as an excuse to put it off longer. Not sure on that one

Lovely~Good luck today at the doctor! AND congrats on being just obese! How tall are you? Oh, and love the new picture!

Month 1: -11
Month 2: -6
Week 9: -2.5
Week 10: -0
Week 11: -.5
Week 12: -.5
Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Happy Monday morning! Did great with food this weekend, not so good with the wine. Today is day 13 of ab challenge.
60 sit-ups
75 crunches
40 leg lifts
50 sec. plank
10 kettle ball swings
10 burpees
9 kettle ball swings
9 burpees
Whew

Good luck Darci, you can do it!
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Darci- Good Luck today! You can do it! You know you can!

Spagirl- Wow, that's some exercise!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
All this talk about clothes shopping makes me depressed...lol...you would think that losing nearly 40 lbs would get you into smaller clothes....not so much for me.....I hold alot of my weight right around the middle so I have to buy shirts to fit there...but then the gigantic neck hole has it slipping off my shoulder all the time I cant wait to actually wear a real pair of jeans rather then the stretchy ones. Anyway my weight is still 292.6....I'd rather have it stay the same then go up that's for sure .

Have a fantastic afternoon/evening ladies!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/265.6/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
I've shopped at Dress Barn and sometimes find stuff there. In the past though, I've found that some of their clothes are for women older than me. Of course, now that I'm almost 40, they would probably be perfect now! LOL
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Spagirl I think you are the exercise queen of the thread! LOL...great job! What's a burpee?

Michele Ha, I know what you mean about the gigantic neck hole slipping off the shoulders...LOL. Good description...yes, I carry a lot of weight in the hips/stomach...it takes a longer than most to go down a size. Perhaps by Labor Day, we'll be in smaller sizes?

Darci Oh, the desire to exercise doesn't come naturally to me- LOL. I do feel good afterwards (well, I'm sore right now...) But I feel good once it's accomplished. I use to like to run as a kid, so my aim is to walk...then power walk....then jog...then run! Woohoo! Perhaps do an exericise you liked doing as a kid? I also like to shoot baskets. I did rent a Yoga DVD from the library, it was too advanced for my stomach...lol. But I think I'd like the stretching too. I have a yoga ball and do stretches with that...although I don't know the official exercises with that-lol.
I have heard of Dress Barn for years, but have never see one? I do see that they take Fashion Bug credit card when I went on their website this weekend.

I'm 5"4'....according to the BMI thingy...lol...to be over 236 and over at that height is 'Extremely Obese'...and 235 and under is 'Obese'...um, 'yay?' LOL....Thanks for the compliment and the well wishes tomorrow. You can make it through this Induction! WOOHOO!!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Burpees are a compound exercise that engages many muscles and are really really hard After I do these, I am panting hard and feeling the burn!

Four count move:
1.Begin in a standing position.
2.Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground. (count 1)
3.Extend your feet back in one quick motion to assume the front plank position. (count 2)
4.Return to the squat position in one quick motion. (count 3)
5.Return to standing position. (count 4)
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Spagirl- Wow! My knees would never let me do that. Spurs and no cart. in rt. but I wish I could.

Michele- My middle is my problem too. Huge stomach. Yuck!! Hate it. Even when I lost before my stomach prevented me from wearing smaller than a 12. I could have worn a 10 or an 8 if not for it.

Amber- I haven't started to exercise yet. I could barely walk before I started this. The health probs have some to do with it too. I intend to start walking and build up gradually after Induction. I have noticed more energy and moving more than I was !
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

SpaGirl A Burpee sounds similar to a swat-thrust...is that right? If it is...oh yeah...they're hard. Not when I was 8 in gym class...lol...but at my weight they're too hard on my ankles.

oncloud9now2 Oh, I haven't done much walking during Induction either. I think starting off slowly is best too. Will you walk around your neighborhood or a park? The energy boost is great!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

I have a neighborhood that is walking friendly if I can get over thinking everyone is looking at the fat lady trying to waddle down the road. I used to drive to the park and walk where no one knew me.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

oncloud9 If it makes you feel any better, there is a fat lady in Virginia waddling down the road too- ha! I think people can appreciate a person trying to exercise...making an attempt? You know? I live in an apartment complex of nosy neighbors....it is walking friendly...but NO PRIVACY. I like to walk in the early morning so I'm less likely to be watched or interrupted. They can catch my 'walking show' daily....lol. In my old neighborhood where I walked, I didn't realize it, but people I didn't know were watching me...people from 2 different houses... had come up to me and said 'We can really see that you are losing Weight!!!' Ahhhh...it's a little unnerving to be watched by people you don't know...lol....and I gained that weight back too : ( Booo!
Have a Goodnight!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

I need to use the neighborhood instead of my gas! I guess I can start by walking to mailbox. If anyone sees me they will freak. Lived here 4 yrs. and have done it once. Made sure no one was in their yard and waited for no traffic.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

I made it threw the day. It wasn't even that bad.

i never really thought of Dress Barn as older people but now that I think about it some of the dresses really are!

spagirl[/B]~you are the exercise queen! Do you enjoy working out?

oncloud9~it's great that your getting out to walk. I've never thought of people staring at me while I'm doing it though! I'm sure their not. I'm not that important.

lovely~the yoga DVDs I have are called DDP yoga. Check them out online. I've only done them a coupe of times but what can I say the sales pitch got me.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!
Darci: Way to go, one day at a time!
Oncloud: One step at a time! Have you thought of getting a pedometer to keep track of your progress? Work at how many ever steps it is to the mailbox for a week or so then add a little more distance and work yourself up.
Lovely: Yes burpees, squat thrust, all sorts of names, evil little guys!
Thecloude: I am at a plateau too, but at least it is lower than when we started.

And yes, I do like exercise, it hurts while doing it, but I feel a sense of accomplishment with each workout.
Today is Day 14 of Ab Challenge
65 Sit-ups
85 Crunches
42 Leg lifts
55 sec plank
30 min. eliptical
Old 06-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Spagirl- I need to do that. That's a great idea. I could see my progress and that would encourage me. Thanks. I hate to exercise. Wish I could like it but I never have.

Amber- Wow, I bet that was a big boost to know that people had noticed your loss. As you lose, maybe it will happen again. So, I guess I am just lazy. I hate exercise and I don't want to get up early. Sheeese.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bethierose
Stats: 377/329.3/130
WOE: Primal/Atkins Induction/figuring it out
Start Date: January 2013
I'm back up to 330.1. NOT a fan of that! Just stick the program, Beth..

The main issue that I run into is that I work for a doctor's office that has lunch catered DAILY by drug reps. We have zero control over what they bring, so sometimes they bring complete crap and it's expensive to eat out. We also have no idea what is coming until the day of. Frustrating!!!

I wanna go shopping as a thin person! Let's GO!
bethierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Bethie: I feel for you....while we don't have lunches brought in ...there is always junk food sitting on the counter taunting me ...tomorrow there will be a birthday cake as there are 3 birthdays in the office this week ....ugh! I think I'm going to bring some macadamia nuts or something so I don't feel weird not eating . We can do this!!!

Hang in there everyone!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Bethie and Michelle: Office food can kill any diet plan. Our office BBQs all the time. At least for me I usually know what is on the menu the day before. If we are grilling carne asada or chicken, I bring in some shredded lettuce and have a salad. If it is burgers, I bring my own lettuce for wrapping. I bring my own lunch in almost everyday, usually leftovers from last night, but also have a package of salami and cheese for just in case. If you have a refrigerator to put stuff in, you could keep some lettuce and or the salami and cheese on hand and use whatever protein they bring in as the meat for the salad. Sweets are also tough, I keep a couple of the atkins bars handy, the caramel nut one tastes just like a snickers. Some people say it awakens their sweet tooth, but that hasn't been the case for me.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Hello all! Just quickly checking in...had to go to the doc today (wrote about it on the Woman's Health Board) So I'm feeling down, and this is when I'd like to eat junk....and stressful time...but I'm still here! Actually a high iron diet is good for me right now!

Today is my last day of Induction- woohoo! I've graduated from Induction (throwing my graduation cap in the air!) LOL... Going grocery shopping tomorrow morning and getting strawberries and probably almonds along with Induction Food.

Will read previous posts and chat with you all soon!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, Amber! Yum...almonds! I love them.