LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Happy Friday Everyone

Well...I kinda...um...broke Induction. This happens to me everytime...no one to blame but myself, of course. I had an ice cream cone with my niece and nephew that I haven't seen since Christmas. I could have sat and talked and NOT had the cone, but well...I did. If I had an Atkins shake available, that could have been a good substitute, but I wanted to avoid Atkins products until OWL...well...after I had that cone, I bought some Atkins shakes-LOL. Oh well, I'm not gonna beat myself up over it...just keep moving on.

thecloud1 Thank you and Congratulations on your loss too!!

Cathy Congratulations on meeting your first 10 POUND goal! Woohoo!

SpaGirl Of course, great job on exercise! I also lose weight first in my chest...I'd just like my chest to be in proportion to the rest of my body-LOL...my stomach and hips are my most dominant asset!

jiller Congratulations on making it though your first day! Induction is VERY difficult, at least for me...I have quit before during induction...but I gotta keep going! I'd like to retire my old capri's too! LOL...

oncloud9 The scale goes up and down but it will soon stay down. (Please remember to tell me that in a couple weeks.) LOL...REMIND ME TOO! Ha ha ha...keep up the good work.

bethierose I have seen bits and pieces of 'Downtown Abbey' but don't know the story line. I do like PBS miniseries too. Do you actually know the girl from 'The Voice'?...I don't follow the show, but thats pretty cool!

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- June 3rd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

bethierose Ooooh, watermelon is delicious and refreshing....really looking forward to buying some fruit next week...most likely strawberries, but I have been craving some higher carb fruits like an orange....we'll see!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Lovely- Good for you for not freaking out over an ice cream cone! You know we are all going to do it sometime; you got your's over with. Keep on keepin' on. Thank you for the quote. I knew I would need it soon.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorepepsi
Stats: 250/243/135
WOE: Modified Greysheeters
Start Date: January 2013
Hi, lovelybelle,

Glad to return to lowcarbfriends.com and restart my diet ... I was in the hospital recently, and I'm still recovering from the carb bomb I received there ... come on, is angel food cake healthy? By Labor Day, I hope to fit into a tankini ... I'm heading to Atlantic City for some gambling, sunbathing, and delicious low-carb foods ... I weigh 235 lbs now, so by early September, I hope to be at least 28 pounds lighter -- 207 lbs ... I'll probably wear a 12 or 10 then ...

Good luck to everybody ... this will be a great summer

Behlor
nomorepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
I CAVED!!! I have got to be able to get through the middle of the week without difficulty. For the past two weeks, I had the MUNCHIES on Wednesdays and would lose the water weight plus little more each week. I was so glad when I got through Wednesday of this week and then I CAVED really bad last night!! I ate ice cream as well(I didn't even enjoy it too much!) So here it is Friday and I have the water gain today. Hopefully, it will be gone by my Monday morning weigh in.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Cathy, just get back on it. Maybe add a couple of walks this weekend. Have you tried the Carb Smart Ice Cream Bars? I bought a box and have only had two in three weeks, but it really helped satisfy that sweet craving monster. I don't think it should be an everyday thing, but it is a nice treat without going off plan. They are 5 net carbs.
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

I only ate it because it was there. It started with low carb tortillas and for some reason they seem to start a binge in me. They are both gone now so no more chances of messing up. I am one that will not buy it if I can't control myself around it. That is why I can not buy things like blueberries. I could eat a whole pound of them in one sitting.

I am back on track today. I already feel it in my fingers that some of the fluid is down.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

I just watched my new guilty pleasure- 'Bridezilla Marriage Boot Camp'! LOL...I'm not big into the regular 'Bridezilla' show...but this one is truly a Trashy Reality show treat...LOL LOL...

Cathy
I can TOTALLY relate to your post! I am the same way, I can't have stuff around- I'll eat the whole thing...I've always been a binger. What I have done before I started Atkins again...I wouldn't buy treats during regular grocery store visits...I'd have to purposly go out and get the treat. For example, before Atkins I won't buy soda at the store, I'd get 1 can/bottle out of vending machines ...Or go out to buy JUST the ice cream. I have done the single serve Hagen Daz (sp?) Not low carb, but it will keep the binging in check. Or get one taco at Taco Bell...or whatever! Some people CAN keep stuff like that around the house, but I really can't. Perhaps not keeping extra food around the house would help. I take care of my Mom who is NOT on Atkins, and have to look at her food. LOL...it's not TOO tempting since she is also on a low sugar diet...but I COULD eat it. So, I do understand...just keep going....

nomorepepsi Ah, I didn't understand your name until I spelled it out- lol...No More Pepsi...Ah, a nice trip to Atlantic city during Labor Day Weekend, how cool is that? A size 10/12...wow, those were the days! LOL. The last time I was that size, I was probably about 140 or less. I'm 5'4" and keep a lot of weight on my stomach and hips...Wishing you luck on your Labor Day goals!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
You can also highlight your post and left click on your mouse select copy, go to where you type at left click hit paste.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/265.6/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
I'm pretty much the same way on binge eating as Cathy and Belle. However, I still have sweets in my house. I live alone so there really isn't a need. However, in the past I have found that when I clear out everything non carb I don't do as well. Maybe I just need to know things are there and ignoring them makes me stronger? Who know really. However, I have no cravings right now. I haven't had any since day 2. I think the fact that I don't drink any soda anymore helps me. Sugar makes me want more sugar.

I only low carb tortillas about once a week. Usually I have a quesadilla but I recently read something about using those to make tortilla chips? Has anyone done this?
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I do for my husband and that was my downfall. Those things just set me off terribly. I am SO ADDICTED to wheat!

Better today. I am down so I only have 1.2 lbs. left until I am where I was. For the next two days, I am eating lots of fat, little if any vegetables, moderate protein and drinking lots of water. Well, its brewed black tea but very diluted for just a hint of caffeine and flavoring. I hope all the fluid is gone and down a little more before Monday's weigh in.
When I usually binge, it is all low carb foods and keeps me in ketosis, however, the ice cream has made me start all over. I will not do that again.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

reptogirl- Thank you so much. Sorry I'm such a dumby but I was not raised in the tech age. I feel brilliant because I can post on the site.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Lovely- I get into some of the reality shows too. I know people think their crazy but that's probably why I like them.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, I just noticed my avatar says Senior LCF Member. I'm not thru my first week of Induction. Does that mean that I am a blabbermouth? HaHaha
Old 06-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Hello ladies! Still plugging along here...weight is up a bit from supper last night....was all LC but still too many carbs! I would really like to get into the 280's by the time we go visit our son in Cheyenne, Wy ....leaving June 13th ..he has such high hopes for his momma....one of my main goals after I lose this weight is to climb a mountain with him So far today I have cleaned house and am working on the laundry....planning on making some oopsie rolls this afternoon, I have a chicken breast thawing and will throw that on the grill with some asparagus for a delicious supper Hubby works from noon to 1 am so it's just me and Bindi ( cat ) today.

Have a great day!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

It's June! Anybody else indoors because it's too dang hot outside? It'll be like this in VA till October- UGH. I have lived in Pennsylvania and upstate NY, so I have known cooler summers...but I've also I've in Florida...so I've known hotter summers too! LOL...if I had a pool, I wouldn't complain so much

I have started to copy/paste my entries on this thread onto Microsoft Word so that I can easily look back at my progress in the future. It's easier than making double entries in an online diary, right? I do intend to make it to Labor Day! It will be difficult for me...it has been in the past...to stick to a WOE, but I don't want to consider this to be a crash diet. So..on we go!

oncloud9now2
I guess 75 posts was the magic number for Senior LCF Member! LOL... I'm not into a lot of the reality shows, but...you know, the summer for me is long and boring. I'm not married or dating, no kids, I'm disabled, I take care of my Mom, and I'm a shy loner. This is why I had the social networking addiction- keep me linked to the world! lol...but this time I am only doing Social Networking here. I have decided to keep the internet for now. If I'm using it for a good purpose- lol...like weight loss support, then I'll continue to keep it. If I feel like I'm getting addicted again, well...I'll have to reconsider!

Cathy Glad things are better for you today!

Hoping we all have great success this June!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

thecloud1
That sounds like an awesome goal: to climb a mountain with your son!! You sound busy today too! I should at least vacuum today! Come on 280's!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
I am so happy today! scale said 243.2! So officially my first month of LC is down a total of 14.8. Can't wait to get into the 30s!
11th day of ab challenge
55 sit-ups
65 crunches
33 leg lifts
42 second plank

CathyYay for your loss and getting right back to it!
Lovely Ha Ha, I love junk TV reality shows. DH hates them, my guilty pleasure. I haven't watched any Bridezillas. . . yet
NomoreAhhh. . a size 10/12. Keep up the good work and you will get there!
Oncloud Keep posting you blabbermouth!
thecloude Can I come for dinner? Sounds delicious. You can do it! Two weeks to go!
Locarbinggoogle search making chips from tortillas. Basically you can bake them in the oven. Add a little guacamole. Yummo! How many carbs in the low carb tortillas?
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

I just found out some shocking news....my Favorite plus sized store closed!! Fashion Bug closed ALL of their stores in January and are only selling online! This really sucks! LOL...I didn't notice they were gone till today when I was going to go shopping there!! LOL...whoops! I don't buy clothes on a regular basis...I had bought jeans and shirts online so I didn't feel like I needed clothes from Fashion Bug yet...now, I am down to 3 plus sized stores until I lose more weight. I MIGHT be able to do JC Penny too, they go up to a size 24. Of course, there is online shopping, which is very hit or miss for me. Oh, man....I'm bummed!

Now I GOTTA lose weight just to shop!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Belle, I order online from Lane Bryant, Avenue and Kohls (they carry 3X and sometimes 4X) if that helps. I rarely have to send stuff back as they seem to fit pretty much as shown. I just ordered two tops from Lane Bryant and I was worried they would be too fitting, but they are perfect. The were both on sale for $15 a piece and I had a coupon for free shipping.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

SpaGirl I am so happy today! scale said 243.2! So officially my first month of LC is down a total of 14.8. Can't wait to get into the 30s

14.8 pounds in a MONTH? A very good month indeed...keep it up!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

LoCarbingMe I have never heard of 'Avenue' I'll have to look them up. Oh, I'm just part of that 'Olde School'...try it on before you buy it...thing. Especially pants...but it's true, I can look around and try it out...there is more variety online. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

I loved Fashion Bug too! They had a good bra that actually lasted pretty well and was very flattering. Hope I can order them online.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

I loved their bra's too! Wore one of them today in fact...to find the store...that no longer exists! LOL LOL....I bought Lane Bryant Bra's and blahhh....uncomfortable, straps fell down, non-supportive...but they are pretty. LOL....
Old 06-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Oh boy...well, I posted new pics under my album under my profile page...in my bathing suit. Never...ever....EVER have posted pics on the internet of myself like this....I don't usually post ANY pics AT ALL! LOL....but I really want to get somewhere before Labor Day and just keep on going, perhaps seeing how I REALLY AM will be motivation...

I may regret those pics by 4th of July...LOL....but I gotta keep trying...
Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I know Lovely. It's hard to 'really' see ourselves.
Lane Bryant bras are pretty but they don't hold up. My wire always starts sticking into my side after a few wears!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

BTW- Beautiful new pic of you.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

oncloud9now Thank you! That cheers me up after having my favorite plus size store closed...well...I found out today! I'm so bummed...and it was a busy store too! I bet a lot of women in my town are sad.

Oh, with the bras, I cut a little hole, and pull the underwire out. I can't stand underwires! I did buy the genie bra set, but the largest size is tight....although, now that I am losing weight, I might be able to wear them. They aren't extremely flattering on a heavyset woman, but they are comfortable like a sports bra.

Yeah, well the pics show more of how I REALLY look...there are tricks to look thinner like spanx or camera angles...lol. I do own spanx, but don't wear them...I've worn them out I think twice (a date- lol) Looking up at the camera hides a double chin...all that.

I'm ready to lose this weight. My family, most of them have health problems related to obesity. I've been overweight since I was 19...and then obese...and then MORBIDLY obese. I've been unhealthy my entire adult life! I first join LCF when I was 26...hoping to have the weight off before I turned 30....now I'm 33 going on 34 this summer. IT'S TIME!!! LOL...It may take a while...I may not have money but I've got time! LOL

Thanks for the encouragement oncloud9now2
Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

I like the pic Belle It threw me for a minute because I was used to your other one. LOL

Yeah I was pissed when Fashion Bug closed, but mine closed at the end of 2012. Avenue is between Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant. I get some career wear there and it's not quite as expensive as Lane Bryant, but it's different stuff. I tend to get most of my casual wear at Avenue, Kohls and JC Penney.

Ugh! I'm .6 pounds away from losing 15 pounds! I'm hoping it will be gone tomorrow or Tuesday...
Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

LoCarbingMe Oh so close to the 15 pound mark! You'll be there and PAST that mark soon

Thank you That pic with the purple shirt is older, while this one with the pink was taken less than 2 weeks ago...just staying current. I called Fashion Bug and she said ALL of them went out of business at the same time...so maybe it was December. I bet they had great sales-lol...but I was oblivious! LOL...oh well...so sad. Kohl's...the last time I was there the clothes didn't fit comfortably...but I'd love to shop there when I get to the 'regular' sizes. Oh so excited for shopping-lol. And I have bought plus size at JC Penny, better prices than Lane Bryant...I probably could wear shirts there right now, but I'm not sure about bottoms. Perhaps will make a trip there soon to see where I'm at I don't really like Lane Bryant's style of clothes?? The designs on the shirts, etc. Does anybody have a Catherine's or CJ Banks in their town? Both are overpriced in my opinion...and I don't like the styles as much as I did Fashion Bug, but at least they're there!

I have been enjoying the Atkins Shakes TOO much-lol...drinking them like juice boxes. The artificial sweetener re-awakens my appetite. I think I'm going to have to pass on them in the future (Boo!) But, Tuesday I'll be done with Induction and will be able to add nuts and fruit.
Happy Sunday!