Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
LovelyBelle: Yes, my work has a small gym with an eliptical machine and lots of weights, most too heavy for me. I have actually been working out almost everyday (M-F), because it really gets me started before work. I also go to the YMCA when I convince myself to do a workout after work. I am working up my courage to start swimming laps soon. The joke with my girlfriend is that I am the fittest fat person at the gym. My biggest accomplishment in 2012 was that I completed the San Diego 3 Day breast cancer walk. 60 miles in three days, and tons of training in the months before. I had really thought that I would lose a ton of weight due to all the training walks, but when you walk 10-15 miles, you get HUNGRY! I too hope to be here a year from now and firmly lodged in ONEderland!
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Oh I don't mind Atkins talk!!! Stillmans is a hardcore low carb/low fat it works but it is intense and very strict, and more power to anyone that can stay on it!!!! Juddd is the best thing that has EVER happened to me, a short explanation is one day your calories are very low people keep to 500 or less and the next day it pretty much eat what you want, without stuffing yourself, there is a juddd calculator online that gives you your up day calories, but the theory is juddd activates the "skinny" gene, and when that happens people call it the juddd magic, appetite suppression, your aches and pain are less severe, or in some cases so go away completely, increased energy levels, helps with mental clarity, there is a section for it here, also a section for stillmans. Some people combine juddd with low carb, I don't do this though. It really is magical!
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Well, I made it through the whole day yesterday and lost 2.4 lbs. So far today:
Breakfast-2 egg and 1/4 c. cheese omelet, 4 thin sl. bacon, coffee w/1 Splenda pkt.
Lunch- 3.9 0z. pouch tuna on 3 lettuce leaves, apple cider water
Snack- 2 Dobie Muffins ( 1 carb ea. )
Dinner- 4oz. lean hamburger, 4 brussels sprouts
Snack- planned 1 Dobie Muffin w/ cream cheese
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bethierose
Stats: 377/329.3/130
WOE: Primal/Atkins Induction/figuring it out
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Hey bethierose- we can do this- we are about the same weight-200s here we come
yeah!! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
bethierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
SpaGirl The 'Y' can be great...I have had a membership with them before. Swimming laps is HARD!!! I don't know the proper way to swim laps...lol...never had swimming lessons and I don't like to put my face in the water...but it's really exhausting. I also wanted to just eat and sleep afterward because I was sooooo hungry and soooo tired....but it is a great workout. 60 miles in 3 days???? AMAZING! Great job on your success with the walk...you should feel proud of that! Here's hoping for Onederland come May 2013!

Last weigh in at Doctor's Office- June 3rd 2014
Next weigh in at Doctor's Office- September 2nd 2014
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

reptogirl I'm glad JUDD is working for you! I believe in any diet that is healthy. Like, I think Weight Watchers COULD work, but when I did weight watchers online several years ago...I was starving and obsessed with food. I ate all my daily 'points' quickly and started to eat my allotted points into the following week! LOL....but people who go to meetings do seem to have better success. Wishing you success too!

oncloud9 and bethierose have another great Atkins Day!

Hopefully will check back this evening- Happy Wednesday
Old 05-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Here and accounted for. Lost 3/4 lb. yesterday! Don't worry, Lovely, I won't fall into deep depression if I don't lose or even gain. I know it's going to be a long process but I just can't help getting on those scales!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Hi Ladies!

I have to say here that I am just gearing up and am starting after my grocery run. I will be doing Atkins as I know that worked for me before

I had to go to Sam's last night and get my husband some fish oil and happened to see that they were having a sale on Atkins products. I don't normally use them much but I got a 12 pack of shakes for 11.xx and the 12 meal bars for 13.xx. I don't normally use these often, except for when I can't get to FOOD but I like knowing I have a back up plan. Also, the price was decent!

Lovely~thanks so much for pointing me towards atkins.com and the free box. I look forward to getting it! Also, while looking around I noticed they had a free mobile app to add food and even scan food while shopping! Pretty cool and again FREE!! Also I will get a link to Linda's website when I get home. It's got some good recipes that I remember Here is the link http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/menus.html

A warm welcome to all the new folks since I've been on last!

I saw an interesting quote last night that I thought I would share since many of us here are restarters: "If you want to stop starting over stop quitting!"

Month 1: -11
Month 2: -6
Week 9: -2.5
Week 10: -0
Week 11: -.5
Week 12: -.5

Last edited by ~~Darci~~; 05-29-2013 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Edited to add link for Linda's website
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Darci: I buy the Atkins bars and meals to have around for those times I need something quick or just not that hungry! That is a great deal at SAMs...bought a couple boxes myself last week
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

thecloude1 Cute kitty! I did have a cat, but I had to leave her with my sister when I moved 3 years ago. I am pretty sure that I am allergic too...but I do miss having a kitty-cat...I visit her 2 cats when I go back to my old apartment.

oncloud9 Oh I know what you mean about weighing daily...I've been better about not weighing often in the past few years (scale in the closet) But since starting Atkins, I've been weighing daily...even nightly...LOL. It's hard to resist...but it can get you down too. Also a bummer when the Doctor's office scale says you are 5-10 pounds heavier than your home scale (My clothes are REALLY heavy...lol) ...I don't care, I'm sticking to my home scale....I don't care how fancy or expensive their scale is! LOL I need a regular standard to go by and I'm not at the doctors that often!

Darci I wonder how long it takes for the kit to arrive?? Hmm...it'll be nice to have the carb counter reference. I do not have a smart phone! Crazy, huh! So, no apps for me...I'm not a big cell user...I keep it for emergencies, not big into texting. I have seen how you can scan food while shopping, that is pretty cool. I may step into the new age of technology one of these days....but I'm a pretty low tech girl. Thanks for the recipe link

Have a great evening ladies
Old 05-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

I saw this on the 300+ Support Group thread and thought it was funny...and TRUE! LOL....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fitness protection program.jpg (21.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/265.6/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
Ugh clothes shopping! I haven't been in a clothing store since Christmas. I just ordered 2 new shirts from Lane Bryant online in a 3X. Here's hoping they fit! I am pretty busty but I lose weight there first so maybe we'll be okay. I just hate tighter fitting clothes and like mentioned, they have to be long enough to cover the tummy. However, I'm pretty short so they can't be so long they are like a dress. I really am looking forward to shopping for smaller clothes!

I ordered the Atkins sample box too. I have been VERY strict with myself this time. Since I started on 5/18, I've had nothing to drink except water and splenda tea. I only drink tea if I've already had more than 60 oz of water. I haven't had any snacks except for hard boiled eggs, pickles, cheese or beef jerky. In the past, I've gotten hooked on low carb goodies and that's been my downfall. So I'm hoping this time will pan out good. So far, so good. I have no cravings and half the time I have to force myself to eat. I keep myself busy in the evening so I don't just snack out of boredom...
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

I received my Atkins kit in a couple weeks...it was awesome! I love love love the app...I would be so lost without it!

Lovely belle: thank you...she is my baby!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/265.6/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
Morning all! I have to brag a bit...down 12 pounds in 13 days! Yeah!! I KNOW that will slow down but I'll ride that wave as far as I can...

I'm having dinner with two friends tonight, but it's at a steakhouse, so no problem staying on plan there!

Thank goodness is Thursday! Even with it being a short week, I'm so glad the weekend is close. How do you guys do on the weekends low carb wise? Better than weekdays? I tend to do better and eat more fat, but I actually drink less water.

Have a great day all! Maybe my shirts from Lane Bryant will show up today..
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbingMe View Post
Morning all! I have to brag a bit...down 12 pounds in 13 days! Yeah!! I KNOW that will slow down but I'll ride that wave as far as I can...

I'm having dinner with two friends tonight, but it's at a steakhouse, so no problem staying on plan there!

Thank goodness is Thursday! Even with it being a short week, I'm so glad the weekend is close. How do you guys do on the weekends low carb wise? Better than weekdays? I tend to do better and eat more fat, but I actually drink less water.

Have a great day all! Maybe my shirts from Lane Bryant will show up today..
This happens to me every.single.weekend! I cannot make myself drink water on the weekends. Gotta do it!!

I'm super surprised that I lost weight when I weighed this morning. I even weighed twice to make sure! LOL I work at a doctor's office and lunch is catered in daily. Yesterday was McAlister's and by the time I got there (an hour later than usual) there were only baked potatoes and toppings left. I was starving and didn't want to go out and spend money, so I had one.

Then for dinner, DH and I were exhausted so we ordered Papa John's and I intended to only eat the toppings.. yeah right! I ate two full pepperoni slices! WITH the crust! And DH bought me a strawberry shake, which I inhaled as well.

Which is why I can't believe I lost!!! Down to 330.5 which is what I started at May 1. Sigh.. June is going to be better! I just know it!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Hello Ladies!

How are you all on this fine, rainy day? Well, it's rainy here It feels like a sleeping day.

Locarbingme~that is a most impressive loss, Congratulations!

Betheirose~Congratulations to you on the loss as well. Maybe even though what you ate wasn't low carb it was still less calories? Either way, Congrats and June is going to be a great month! Oh, and I am so with you on the water! Weekends are killer on the intake!

thecloude1~how do you generally use the app? Do you use it daily and track your food and weight? Do you use it for grocery shopping? What bars were in the box?

lovelybelle~Did you check out Linda's website and meal plans? What did you think? I am sonot a low tech girl! My husband is a tech guy and as long as things are working and I don't have to set them up or can just hand them over after I mess them up I love them! These new "toys" make my life so much easier.

Oh and athe cartoon about the not excercising is so me. I hate to excercise. I have WATP and Yoga I just need to do them!
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Afternoon Ladies (tipping hat like in a John Wayne Movie)

Anyone else feeling tired and nauseated? I love that I have lost my appetite, but I feel kinda run down...I am eating regularly...probably over 20 carbs since I don't measure my vegetables and cheese. I do drink plenty of water, and I have skipped exercise for the past few days.

It maybe related to a medical problem....which I'll probably post on the 'Women's Health Board'...went to the OB/GYN yesterday. I had blood tests and I do NOT have diabetes (My Mom was diagnosed with that this year and she is not that much heavier than I am) And my thyroid is normal...so, hey...that's good news. I gotta go back for another exam next week....but I'll wait to post on that subject on the other board.

Some GOOD news...I switched my stats! I was in the '20lb club'....now I'm in the '25lb club'! That is total weight loss, from my highest weight. Since starting Atkins, that would put me at 8 pounds Woohoo! I don't always update my stats right away because sometimes my weight loss is a fluke...lol...I wait a few days to see if the number is REAL...lol...and then post. It's my own little psychological trick because in the past I would get sooo devastated when I would proudly post that I lost and changed my stats...only to gain again??? Oh, it sucks!!!

So what tv shows are we all watching? LOL....I like all sorts. Many have gone off the air for the summer. I kinda surf around most of the time, but I do regularly watch 'The Middle'. I'm interested in some summer reality shows too...Anyone else?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

LoCarbingMe Congratulations on weight loss....VERY GOOD weight loss I might add! Low carb goodies are also my downfall...I'm scared for when those 3 free bars arrive at my house...LOL...how long they'll stick around! I bought them by the box before...and, um...yeah...no self control there! Can't wait to do some shopping! I wonder if I'll still shop at places like Fashion Bug and Cato...in which there are both plus sizes and regular sizes...once I get to the point that I can shop in the 'regular' size stores...whatever you may call it...I'm guessing size 14/16 on down? I don't think I'll miss Lane Bryant...LOL...been shopping there since I was 19? But I am grateful for their credit card and that there are a few plus sized stores in my town. Congrats again on great progress!

bethierose Your 'cheat' sounds really good....LOL...And congrats on your weight loss too! I do still intend to eventually eat pizza and shakes...but I hope to plan ahead for the 'cheat'...or 'treat'...whatever you may call it....but sometimes life has other plans!
June will be better

Darci Yes, I did check out Linda's website...I'm always surprised at how people can create low carb dishes using ingredients I'd never think of! LOL...right now I am not doing any special recipes...just meat and vegetables...very basic. I think once I get a ways into OWL, I will begin to experiment...since in the past I've been stalled on some of the low carb dishes. I'm going to TRY to keep track of my carb intake once I hit OWL (start off at 20 carbs a day...then the next week 25...etc) Oh, I think the electronics are fun, no doubt, but I've learned to live without 'em...I'm kinda a minimalist in other ways too. I might get a inexpensive tablet for my Mother and I both to share (I live with and take care of my Mom)....but yeah...my flat screen desk top was a big step for me into the tech future! LOL....
Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

LovelyBelle, GREAT job on making the 25 Club! YEAH!!! and I am glad your thyroid was good and you don't have diabetes. I will go check it out on the Women's Health board. I have weird women's health stuff going on from time to time as well. Boo...

My treat was great, but cannot be repeated anytime soon! LOL

As for TV shows.. I am into Downton Abbey when it is on, and re-watch the seasons when it's not. I am also glued to The Voice. One of my friends just got sent home (Sarah Simmons) so that was a bummer, but Adam Levine is such eye candy, I will continue watching. I watch other stuff, but we don't have cable, so it's pretty much random stuff on local channels.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Lovely belle: congrats!!!

Darci: I use the app to track my food and weight...as far as what was in the box....I can't remember...I think one was a peanut butter meal bar.

I was down a pound this morning......

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Checking in!!

It seems it has been days since I logged in. I had the munchies today that I felt like I was out of control. The image of a fox lose in a chicken coop would be a good description. Thank God at work the only thing to eat is what you bring yourself and I could not continue to binge like I was feeling. I am finally back in control but I know that I will probably be up for tomorrow morning. It always seems to fall around the Wednesday of each week. I have got to get a handle on that since I know that that's what is going on.

Since writing, I have reached my first goal of 10 lbs. I claimed that on Tuesday. Weight as of this morning is 239.4 lbs.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)

Last edited by mcchimento; 05-30-2013 at 02:44 PM..
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies! Great to read the success stories of pounds coming off. For me, I am really stalled. I was down a total of 15 at one point, but as of this morning it is only 11. I am eating well, but maybe I should start tracking to have better awareness.

I did 25 min of eliptical, 45 sit-ups, 25 crunches, 25 leg lifts and plank for 50 seconds today. So exercise is good. I too lose it up top first, which is just unfair HA HA, but I have noticed a difference in my bras and shirts so I will concentrate on the good and hope that scale starts showing it.

My atkins box contained a caramel nut chew "treat" bar and a caramel nut chew meal replacement bar and a peanut butter and chocolate "snack" bar.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, everyone seems to be doing great! Way to go Lovely and Cathy! That just feels so good to see the scales go down, huh?!! LoCarbingMe, fantastic. Don't worry Spagirl, it will come off. You're doing a nice job on exercise. The scale goes up and down but it will soon stay down. (Please remember to tell me that in a couple weeks.)
Old 05-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

bethierose- I noticed that you are a daily weight poster. Is there a way not to retype your whole month each time? I know there has to be but I don't know how. New on here and don't know a lot about it yet. I'm hoping I can get up the nerve to do that too. I have never told anyone my weight- really, no one. Maybe it would be good for me to finally own it. It's not like people can't tell by looking that I'm quite overweight!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jiller
Stats: 288/282/165
WOE: Looking at Atkins
Start Date: May 2013 (the final time I "start")
Can I join in?

I just made it through Day 1. I've been flirting with LCing with some serious intent and couldn't make it through a single day. Urgh.

Today, I made it. Whew!

Would definitely appreciate a little goal-oriented community to touch base and stay on track.

My goals for Labor Day:

Complete Induction (1 day down, 13 to go!)
Transition to OWL successfully
Exercise 3x per week
Be able to retire the size 26/28 stretch capris

And away we go!

Jill
jiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
bethierose- I noticed that you are a daily weight poster. Is there a way not to retype your whole month each time? I know there has to be but I don't know how. New on here and don't know a lot about it yet. I'm hoping I can get up the nerve to do that too. I have never told anyone my weight- really, no one. Maybe it would be good for me to finally own it. It's not like people can't tell by looking that I'm quite overweight!
I just copy my last post and add my new date and weight on to that. I thought I would be able to edit my posts, but it hasn't worked as well. I don't tell anyone except my hubby IRL my weight. I did announce on FB when I lost 40 pounds and the encouragement was INCREDIBLE! I was in shock how many people commented on that post. But no one (besides my hubs) will know the numbers until I reach goal. And by goal, I mean 140 or less. I take comfort in knowing I don't know ANYBODY in real life on Low Carb Friends, so I feel a lot freer to post my actual weight. I understand what you're feeling!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday everyone!!

Watermelon is my best friend these days! I am convinced this is why I am still dropping! Today I was 329.6! YEAH!! Besides Wednesday's complete lack of observance of the rules, I have been pretty much on track. But the watermelon is a miracle food! Plus it's delicious!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

bethie-Uhhhh...I know you'll think I'm dumb, but-how do you 'copy' last post?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
bethie-Uhhhh...I know you'll think I'm dumb, but-how do you 'copy' last post?
not at all!!

I don't know if I do it right or not, but I just highlight and do Control button + C to copy and then Control button + V to paste into a new reply..
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Well I am down another pound Still have three to go to get back to my 15 down, but feeling a little better. I read an article yesterday that women do way too much cardio and should try doing more weights and full body actions. So, i tried it this morning. Here is my workout.

50 sit-ups
50 crunches
30 leg raises
40 second plank

10 kettle ball swings (can use a dumb bell if don't have a kettle ball)
10 burpees
rest a little
9 kettle ball swings
9 burpees
I was breathing hard and sweating MORE after the kettle/burpee section than a half hour on the treadmill/eliptical.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Oh and I live to shop Avenue. There prices tend to be better than Lane Bryants, especially the sales.