Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Watched on tv too. Your story is my story. Posting has helped me. I don't feel quite as alone with my problems.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Happy 4th of July everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around DH and I took from Wednesday thru the weekend so we've been hanging with the family. Just watched fireworks in the neighborhood this year but they were good

I just wanted to say that I've been on plan too! Yay!!

Will try to get back for personals!
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday! I was down 1/2 lb. today. Stayed on plan yesterday!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Amber....Hugs to you!!! I eat for any reason it seems. I have always loved eating. My mom used to start baking and cooking as soon as my aunt would call and say they were coming for the weekend. I guess I get my love of eating and cooking from her. I also eat when I am upset, mad, sad, and bored. Any reason I use to eat it seems. I just had to have a long talk with myself before starting this. So far it is working. For one thing, I am 61 and the old body is starting to break down and I can't do things like I used to do. May I just say to you younger ladies......Please get the weight off while you are still young. Everything slows down later on and you just don't lose as quickly. I was getting to where I just wanted to do nothing and nap all the time. That was caused from all the sugar I was eating. I am a sweetaholic!! Now that I am off sugar my energy level is really up!
Last evening went well and I ate just as I planned. I even included a small slice of the real dessert. Tonight is another cookout. I am hoping to have a loss when I weight next time so I am crossing my fingers and praying for one!!!
Everyone have a great weekend coming up!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #275
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Wow, I've never noticed this group before.

Last week as Independence day was looming, and after a Fat Fast Challenge with a friend in which I lost 2 1/2 Kilo, I decided I needed to "Get Sexy for DragonCon" Which is labor day weekend.

My BF rolled his eyes and asked who I was getting "sexy" for and I told him for him, for me and for all my "fans" ( I was kidding) but really Dragon Con is a big event and I don't want to huff and puff all day while trying to get from one hotel to the next. So I need to get my endurance up. I don't want to poop out and have my knees and ankles aching during the dance concerts, so I need to lose some weight. I want to wear my most fun and colorful summer clothes( which I have few of and they aren't getting any larger in size but I am) but I don't want to look like a floppy moppet, so I need to get my arms and legs leaner and stronger.

I don't have a strict plan, just avoid sugar and carby grains. I do have some low carb subs like Dreamfields and Healthylife low carb bread that I will use occasionally but not as daily staples. I plan to eat meat, fat, leafy greens, garden plant fruit(like tomato, zucchini, and eggplant as opposed to tree fruit like apples, oranges, bananas), berries, fermented dairy, nuts and seeds, and occasional low-carbed grain products.

My BF was against me doing quick weight loss, like I wanted but wants me to be more everyday living Low Carb like i used to be and I agree with that. I can be strict some days and less strict other days while still being lower carb in general and getting the benefits of such.

I hope you don't mind if I lurk about in your group since I have the same timeline of Labor Day for my goals.

Thanks and Happy Friday.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, Metga! Welcome. My son and daughter-in-law go to DragonCon every year. They love it. Sounds like you have a good plan. You don't have to lurk; just come right on in and talk!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
ok what is DragonCon?
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

It's held in Atlanta every year on the weekend of Labor Day. Everyone goes in costume. A lot of SyFy stuff and many celebrities. Parade, lectures and workshop kind of things. That's all I know. LOL
Old 07-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #279

All sorts of SciFy, Fantasy, Science, Steam Punk, Anime, Cartoons, Video Games, TV shows, Books, Artists, performers, It's a huge festival celebrating having fun!

People often dress up as their favorite character from some genre. There are costume contests, parades and people in general taking photos of cosplayers. Also Panels where authors, producers, artist etc talk about the media or the story of the genre. Like Nimoy talking about Star Trek for example.

It's the only real vacation I get to take because it's a long weekend and no one makes you work on Labor Day, so Yay!

I wanna dress up, just to be fun and cute, but I'm insecure so I want to get "sexy" for myself and so that I look good dressed up, as well as being able to navigate 3 hotels and long lines and crowds and stairwells trying to get back and forth from the hotel room. You literally have to run from one hotel to another to get to consecutive events sometimes! It's so much fun, even to just walk around and feel the spirit of fun from everyone!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone.....
Welcome Metqa.
Well ladies we have the 4th under our belts now!! Next up is LABOR DAY!!!!!
I want to see that 20 lb. mark gone really bad so I am going to work as hard as I know how.
How did everyone do on the 4th? I had the 4th and the 5th to contend with!! We had 2 cook outs to attend. I think I passed with flying colors. Now if the scale will only show it!!!
Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Metqa I look forward to seeing you post too!
Hi everyone! Have been busy with family stuff. Had a GREAT LC 4th. Lunch was a lettuce wrapped chicken salad that was super yummy. Snacks were pistachios or peanuts (kids had chips and I didn't eat any!) Dinner was lettuce wrapped burgers. I have a device that smashes the patty and makes a dent and you can add in your own ingredients and then add a top to it. I added cheese and green onion. We also had mock potato salad and a caprese salad, all LC! We did a lot of walking too. And, a little drinking of wine, not so low carb. I am up about a pound, but hope that will be gone by Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Hello. Well, I haven't gotten off plan since beginning but was up 1 lb. today. Oh, well. Hate this up and down stuff. Down several days in a row and then up a pound that goes away by 1/4's. Grrrrrr
Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- Are you in here?
Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagirl116 View Post
Metqa I look forward to seeing you post too!
Hi everyone! Have been busy with family stuff. Had a GREAT LC 4th. Lunch was a lettuce wrapped chicken salad that was super yummy. Snacks were pistachios or peanuts (kids had chips and I didn't eat any!) Dinner was lettuce wrapped burgers. I have a device that smashes the patty and makes a dent and you can add in your own ingredients and then add a top to it. I added cheese and green onion. We also had mock potato salad and a caprese salad, all LC! We did a lot of walking too. And, a little drinking of wine, not so low carb. I am up about a pound, but hope that will be gone by Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!
I heard someone talking about one of those pattty machines. Where did you get yours? It sounds as if you had a great LC meal!!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #285

Wow, you made homemade stuffed burgers! There is a restaurant here that makes those and I've never had one. It sounds delicious!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Ummm. Stuffed burgers! Making me want food!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Sunday morning!!!
Hubs and I are getting out for a drive this morning. We are heading out for a LC breakfast and then on down to the local Farmers Market.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rise and shine everyone!! We are already back from breakfast and a drive down to the veggie market.
I have so many veggies it is hard getting it all in my fridge!! LOL
OMG....I bought a bag of dried type veggies. I am sure they were flashed fried but oh are they good. It has sea salt on them and says nothing of any sugar. There are sweet pot's., squash, green beans and carrots. O bagged them up in little portion control baggies. That is the only safe way for me to have them here!!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so old and behind times I guess. I thought OMG meant Oh My Gosh. I heard last night that it means Oh My God. Just know if and when I use it I am saying Gosh. I really don't like thinking of using the Lord's name like that.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
I am so old and behind times I guess. I thought OMG meant Oh My Gosh. I heard last night that it means Oh My God. Just know if and when I use it I am saying Gosh. I really don't like thinking of using the Lord's name like that.
Just think like Goofy from Disney. He says "Gosh" all the time and nobody gets upset with him cause he's genuine. Mostly OMG is just an expression of surprise and shock. I'm sure the letters themselves will eventually transcend the original words.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ladies....I'm thinking it is about time to fix some dinner. Actually we call it supper but it is all the same in the end. LOL
I am making Linda Sue's thin pizza for tonight.
Crossing my fingers for a decent loss in the morning also!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Supper for us here in GA, too! Pizza sounds yummy. If I ever eat anything like that though, I won't lose or will gain.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan, this pizza crust was just eggs and cheese. It ended up sticking really bad so there wasn't much to eat! I'm not sure what I did wrong.
I am showing a pound gain when it should have shown at least a couple of pounds lost.
I have really been watching my calories and was SO beyond good over the holiday. Darn it all!!! I didn't used to hold water like I do now. Growing older doesn't have a lot of great body benefits!!
I hope everyone is doing ok and at least someone here shows a loss for the week.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Hello everyone!! It seems a few of us are struggling with ups and downs in our weight I sure wish this wasn't so hard! It blows my mind how just one carby meal...even if its low calorie ...can result in a 2 lb gain the next day! I too retain water terribly sometimes. Yesterday I went from 8 am until 5 pm without having to pee!! Other days I'm going all the time...lol So today I'm drinking my 4 bottles of water for sure...no pop! I know I can do it....have done it many times before

Have a great day!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to up my water intake also Michele. After weighting this morning I decided maybe I wasn't eating enough carbs and I needed some to get the scale moving. So....I ate a bowl of cereal around 6 this morning. Around 9 I was feeling hungry and I didn't stop to eat. My blood sugar dropped on me and I grabbed some dorito chips and salsa. Well that didn't help so back in the kitchen I went. I grabbed some crackers with PB and a glass of milk. I wish now that I had just grabbed the milk right off. I think that is what helped.
Anyway....I guess I blew it today. Tomorrow I will be smarter. NO cereal for me!!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #296

Oksue, have you tried baking the crust on parchment paper? Almost nothing will stick to that.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Good evening ladies!

I was down 1lb this week with a holiday and vacation thrown in the mix so I will take it

I had the best of intentions to get back here & post personals but can you believe 1st day pack from vacation I had work to catch up on & was behind? Yeah, crazy I know@@

I did read everyone's posts! Keep on keepin on ladies that's the only way to reach your goal!
~~Darci~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqu.....I used parchment paper the time before and for some reason the crust was soft and wouldn't crisp up like it did the first time I made it. I thought I would just spray the pan and it might work better. WRONG!!! LOL I will go back to the parchment paper next time and just cook it longer. Thanks.
Darci......WTG!!!!! A pound is great over the holiday. I was for sure I would lose a couple but for whatever reason the scale didn't show it. I am NOT stepping back on them for a week. They like to play mind games with me and I do not handle that type of game well!!!
I have a meat loaf baking and it sure smells good!!!!
Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
I heard someone talking about one of those pattty machines. Where did you get yours? It sounds as if you had a great LC meal!!!!!
You can look on Amazon or in most kitchen gadget stores. They are called burger stuffers or burger pockets. It was a fun way to make a gourmet burger on the cheap! One of people stuffed theirs with blue cheese crumbles and bacon. Yummy!

I am up on the scale (1.5) and not happy. I've been so good food wise, but got use to having a cocktail too often. So, I've cut them out completely!

Due to DS being in Allstars for baseball, I have not been exercising much and eating really late. Now that that is over, I am trying to get back to it. I swam a mile last night and did the eliptical for 30 minutes this morning and an arms workout with weights.

I found out yesterday that I have to have surgery on my female parts a week from this Friday. This is to determine if my abnormal results are cancerous Really emotional today. I had a best friend get diagnosed with colon cancer when she was 44 and she died less than six months later. I am 45. Dr. didn't tell me change my diet and in fact encouraged me in my continued weight loss, so I will go on with it and deal with the results when I get them.
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hugs and prayers Darla....
I wish I was there to give you a real hug.