debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Steven's graduation is this SATURDAY and i need ideas to make it a bit specail i am going to make him a cake and i wasn't able to buy him the laptop i had planned
he just asked me what my online friends said to do after graduation? i want to make this at least a little special for him he has worked so hard and his high school years have been horrific
kenny did get Saturday off so he can come to it
Old 05-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Hi there Miss Pansies! Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Yes I know what orchids you are speaking of. I bought one for myself and one for a friend back in December. Pretty much killed mine. Dh says it is still alive. WEll it has those large green waxy leaves still but all the flowers fell off and the stem turned brown. So I continue to add a little water to every once in a while, like once a month it seems!
KC - they say they will bloom again. The one thing I'm not sure of though - do you keep watering it - or does it need a dormant time? I know on colororchids they tell you lots, but fail to talk about whether to keep watering them or not. Have to say - these new ones are so big - flowers measure a good 4" wide by 2 1/2" high. I really hope they thrive like their little one has.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
KC - they say they will bloom again. The one thing I'm not sure of though - do you keep watering it - or does it need a dormant time? I know on colororchids they tell you lots, but fail to talk about whether to keep watering them or not. Have to say - these new ones are so big - flowers measure a good 4" wide by 2 1/2" high. I really hope they thrive like their little one has.

Linda
Well, I hope that you are right! I have occas watered as I said. I shall have to go check out that website. They are so pretty. I hope mine will come back.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Steven's graduation is this SATURDAY and i need ideas to make it a bit specail i am going to make him a cake and i wasn't able to buy him the laptop i had planned
he just asked me what my online friends said to do after graduation? i want to make this at least a little special for him he has worked so hard and his high school years have been horrific
Hmmm - it's been so long since I planned any kind of party - let alone graduation themed. But I'm sure others on here will have great ideas. So hard to believe that Steven is graduating - seems like only yesterday you talking about him as a soph, jr..........time does pass quickly. I am so glad he's leaving that dreadful school. How dare they not let them wear any badges/awards they received. That's just not right - supposed to be supporting them being motivated and they do this kind of crap.

My dh had to semi-retire early due to eye issues.........he had a rough time adjusting to the many changes of being home all the time..........like Ken - he was used to working every day - doing car repair/home repair evenings and weekends. All of a sudden his world was upside down. It took a while - and he still gets upset that he can't do all he wants to do. What were/are Ken's interests? We have a big big monitor on the computer, which helps him navigate on here - and he's signed on with the state for reading/recording books, which has helped - but oh my, he so misses reading a hand held book. Tried the kindle and book electronics - but - just couldn't adjust to them.

OK - that's enough rambling for now - just know that I hold you and your family in my thoughts/prayers.

Linda
Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hmmmm, Deb. I don't know. Fix his favorite food? Go out to eat? Go to dinner and a movie? I would recommend a weekend or weekday trip, to Nashville or some such say for sightseeing, etc. If he is not having a party with friends, then a getaway would be memorable. Or maybe invite Kendra or see what Kendra and her family are doing right after graduation or that evening? What about the boy who came over a couple of weeks ago? Perhaps they could go out to eat together and to a movie and an arcade, etc? Would it be more convenient for them to do something together in town? I don't remember, what time is graduation? If it is morning maybe you could do lunch in town with Kendra and her family or if she is having stuff with her family maybe she would be finished by that evening? Or the next day they could do something?

Last edited by kcmama; 05-14-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
soo not ready for the heat one more day of moderate temps(after frost yesterday) and then hello 90s! ugh soo i made a pot of chili to enjoy today

Steven had grad uation practice and got his NHS and Honors sashes BUT they aren't going to let them wear their Upward Bound sashes (only 2 kids have them this year and it is the last year the program is at Whitley) evil people i hope what they are giving out comes back to them 3 fold i swear they try to take everything away from Steven that they can
Steven is filling out applications all afternoon SIGH Subway told him they just hired 10 and wouldn't schedule an interview, check back in a few weeks
Ken is still the same and i am IDK just soo disheartened
What would they do if he wore it anyway? He could take it in his pocket under his robe. Then after he crosses on the stage and gets his diploma, he could take it out and put it on when he gets back to his seat. Then he would be wearing it when they march out. It would be after graduating. LOL
Old 05-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Hmmm - it's been so long since I planned any kind of party - let alone graduation themed. But I'm sure others on here will have great ideas. So hard to believe that Steven is graduating - seems like only yesterday you talking about him as a soph, jr..........time does pass quickly. I am so glad he's leaving that dreadful school. How dare they not let them wear any badges/awards they received. That's just not right - supposed to be supporting them being motivated and they do this kind of crap.

My dh had to semi-retire early due to eye issues.........he had a rough time adjusting to the many changes of being home all the time..........like Ken - he was used to working every day - doing car repair/home repair evenings and weekends. All of a sudden his world was upside down. It took a while - and he still gets upset that he can't do all he wants to do. What were/are Ken's interests? We have a big big monitor on the computer, which helps him navigate on here - and he's signed on with the state for reading/recording books, which has helped - but oh my, he so misses reading a hand held book. Tried the kindle and book electronics - but - just couldn't adjust to them.

OK - that's enough rambling for now - just know that I hold you and your family in my thoughts/prayers.

Linda
oh LINDA! that makes me soo soo sad about him not being able to read one of my greatest fears LISTEN tell him to give the kindle another try
i KNOW it isn;t as good as a real book but the font goes pretty big and i reallyn like to have mine for the portability i think they have a FIRE edition that is 8.9 inches too so bigger if he would need it
my uncle(who lived well into his 100s) went completely blind and used his audiobooks no where near a hold in the hand book but an alternative maybe?
from one bibliophile to another WE have to come up with SOMETHING!
SIGH ken liked to ride motorcycles and work on vehicles and build things
he said yesterday he had to re roof my old block building ACk as gently as i could(NOT LIKE ME AT ALL LOL) i told him he probably couldn't do that(new trusses everything needs to be done) that i knew he could assemble them on the ground but not put them on and the rest of the roof
he has taken a short ride today (first in weeks ) to his friend bobby's house he made it there ok and called to tell me i need to post a pic of his spyder 3 wheels 2 in the front and has suspensio n won't let it turn over
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #249

Quote:
Hmmmm, Deb. I don't know. Fix his favorite food? Go out to eat? Go to dinner and a movie? I would recommend a weekend or weekday trip, to Nashville or some such say for sightseeing, etc. If he is not having a party with friends, then a getaway would be memorable. Or maybe invite Kendra or see what Kendra and her family are doing right after graduation or that evening? What about the boy who came over a couple of weeks ago? Perhaps they could go out to eat together and to a movie and an arcade, etc? Would it be more convenient for them to do something together in town? I don't remember, what time is graduation? If it is morning maybe you could do lunch in town with Kendra and her family or if she is having stuff with her family maybe she would be finished by that evening? Or the next day they could do something?
no chance of him having something to do with other people from school Kendra has a huge family and will be doing stuff with them
i would LOVE for him to be out with people his age
Old 05-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #250

Quote:
What would they do if he wore it anyway? He could take it in his pocket under his robe. Then after he crosses on the stage and gets his diploma, he could take it out and put it on when he gets back to his seat. Then he would be wearing it when they march out. It would be after graduating. LOL
thye do not give you your diploma there after EVERYTHING is done then you go into the cafeteria and get it they will keep your diploma for something like that
no silly string no pranks no decorating their caps
CONFORM AND COMPLY or you will be punished yes that is whitley county
they are not going to let a girl graduate who posted pictures of Nicholas cage all over the school(CAGED the school) HARMLESSS prank hurt no one but steps out of the approved line
yeah i am soo sad my youngest is out of school but man oh man soo glad he is OUT of there Stepford had nothing on this place
i know they would keep him from graduating even if he wore his skull bow tie
Old 05-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #251

Old 05-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, Deb, that sure is a nice looking machine! That is his friend, Bobby's?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #253

Quote:
wow, Deb, that sure is a nice looking machine! That is his friend, Bobby's?
no it is Ken's i just hadn't posted pics of it he has had it for a while now
with everything i am afraid we will have to let it go back and it is one he CAN ride KWIM? he doesn't have to balance it
it's gears are changed with your thumb it is just a great motorcycle for someone in his shape, well before this stroke
lol and it has a radio which i do not think he needs on a motorcycle
oh and has reverse in it as well and gears itself down when you use the brake
Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
oh LINDA! that makes me soo soo sad about him not being able to read one of my greatest fears LISTEN tell him to give the kindle another try
i KNOW it isn;t as good as a real book but the font goes pretty big and i reallyn like to have mine for the portability i think they have a FIRE edition that is 8.9 inches too so bigger if he would need it
my uncle(who lived well into his 100s) went completely blind and used his audiobooks no where near a hold in the hand book but an alternative maybe?
from one bibliophile to another WE have to come up with SOMETHING!
SIGH ken liked to ride motorcycles and work on vehicles and build things
he said yesterday he had to re roof my old block building ACk as gently as i could(NOT LIKE ME AT ALL LOL) i told him he probably couldn't do that(new trusses everything needs to be done) that i knew he could assemble them on the ground but not put them on and the rest of the roof
he has taken a short ride today (first in weeks ) to his friend bobby's house he made it there ok and called to tell me i need to post a pic of his spyder 3 wheels 2 in the front and has suspensio n won't let it turn over
yes Deb - that's what he is in - it's the National Library for the blind and handicapped - he can download books and they gave him a recording/listening thingy. It has been wonderful for him. DS keeps trying on the kindle and fire and any others he thinks might work out for his dad.

Wow - that is a fancy ride........love the color too. I hope you don't have to let it go - he does love his motorcycles. DS has 3 of them...........ugh. I'll have to ask him what they are if I can remember. Rarely rides them - thank goodness. I about lost him from a motrocycle accident 15 years ago. He had a rod in his lower leg - just got it removed 2 years ago. So, I'm not a fan of motorcycles at all.

Linda
Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #255

i did 3 minutes on the recumbent bike! Ken managed ALMOST 1 full minute and Steven did 10!
WOW on your DS being able to get the rod removed! that is wonderful! does that mean his legs healed fully?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i did 3 minutes on the recumbent bike! Ken managed ALMOST 1 full minute and Steven did 10!
WOW on your DS being able to get the rod removed! that is wonderful! does that mean his legs healed fully?
You gotta start somewhere, right? Isn't that about what Chewie did when she began riding her exercise bike? Now she is up to 30+minutes I think she said. And, Whoohoo Steven!! Start the family weight loss program now. Challenge time? Deb, based on the past diets you all have done, about how much weight do you think it is reasonable to have gone by August 15th? You could then divide that by 3 months and set up either spreadsheets, charts, whatever for incentive and motivation. Have a competition between the 3 of you. See who loses first lb, who loses most weight each week, who loses most clothing sizes by end, who lost most weight by end and give small rewards for each. Or experience rewards, like trip to movie, etc. Person who lost the least has to clean 2 rooms, etc. Would that work?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes - his leg had healed fully - with the rod in when he joined the police force. It never gave him any problems..........they recommend getting the rod removed after a couple of years. He didn't - until the first inauguration of Obama and he had to stand on the icy cold streets for hours - said he thought his leg was never going to feel warm again. That's when he decided he needed to get it removed - scary too - cause if something else had happened - the bone would most likely have shattered because of the rod in there. Has a nasty looking lower leg - but - never bothers him at all.

Hey - you rode the bike - all 3 of you - yeah...................hope you can keep it up.

Linda
Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Oh deb I see those beautiful mountains in the background of your picture!!! My family is from Floyd county absolutely love ky
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #259

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
I don't know if you remember but I made a candy bar bouquet with gift cards too. It was a big hit and he still has some gift cards he hasn't used. Plus I had fun making it. My younger ds14 helped too---picking out all the different candy bars.
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #260

Quote:
Great job to your family. You will be amazed at how quickly you will increase.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #261

Quote:
You gotta start somewhere, right? Isn't that about what Chewie did when she began riding her exercise bike? Now she is up to 30+minutes I think she said. And, Whoohoo Steven!! Start the family weight loss program now. Challenge time? Deb, based on the past diets you all have done, about how much weight do you think it is reasonable to have gone by August 15th? You could then divide that by 3 months and set up either spreadsheets, charts, whatever for incentive and motivation. Have a competition between the 3 of you. See who loses first lb, who loses most weight each week, who loses most clothing sizes by end, who lost most weight by end and give small rewards for each. Or experience rewards, like trip to movie, etc. Person who lost the least has to clean 2 rooms, etc. Would that work?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #262

Good morning peeps. I had to turn the a/c on yesterday. I did the bike and was ready to pass out. LOL Then last night it cooled off to the 60s. It's not supposed to be too hot today.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning everyone....I got an I Pad for MD'S and I haven't been on here for awhile so I need to put the Low Carb site on the I Pad I guess.
Deb...did you see those cute, easy little cookie type things on Pintrest you can make for graduation? They look like graduation caps.
Deb...I bet one simple thing that Steven would appreciation and always keep is when he wakes up Sat. morning having a special card from you, maybe on his bed or in his room on his door. Just write your feelings of how proud you are of him for his achievements and hard work over the years.

Geez.....gas is up to $3.64 here this morning!! It makes it tough to even take off and go far next weekend for the Memorial Day.

Linda....I am so sorry hearing that about your hubby. It is tough on guys when they lose the ability to do things. My hubs and I are both 61 and we were saying the other day that we just can't do what we did some yrs. back.
reptogirl.....I guess I haven't been around here much and I missed welcoming you. So.....
Hi kcmama and Chewie!!!!
Today is my do nothing day so I better get off of here and DO NOTHING!
Have a great day all!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #264

I am 2 lbs away from having lost the big black dog(lab???)
weight.jpg
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post

reptogirl.....I guess I haven't been around here much and I missed welcoming you. So.....
!
no you didnt miss me, i just showed up yesterday randomly lol

thanks for the great welcome
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I don't know if you remember but I made a candy bar bouquet with gift cards too. It was a big hit and he still has some gift cards he hasn't used. Plus I had fun making it. My younger ds14 helped too---picking out all the different candy bars.
Hey, something along these lines in lc would be a great idea, Chewie! Could do those individual bags of salted peanuts, sunflower seeds, beef jerky that you can buy in the checkout lanes or at Gas station Markets. Some Atkins bars. Maybe a gift card or two--one for movie theater, one for a store he likes, a Star Wars or Dr. Who figurine, what else? Tape them to those wooden shish kebob sticks, stick them in floral foam and cover with shredded colored gift basket paper......Just some thoughts.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
no you didnt miss me, i just showed up yesterday randomly lol

thanks for the great welcome
Well, welcome to the group. We go through periods of tons of posts and not so many posts. Jump in! How is your weight loss going? I am slowly melting off some of the weight I ended up putting on over the last two years. I am hoping to get 10 lbs off but they have stubbornly refused to budge until recently when I started trying something new. Good luck to you!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Oh deb I see those beautiful mountains in the background of your picture!!! My family is from Floyd county absolutely love ky
the mountains are always soo beautiful here nice to meet ya neighbor
Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #269

Ken is sleeping all the time today. he says he is fine but he can't even wake up to talk to us
Steven turned in some more applications today Wendy's tld him they didn't have time to even accept his application
Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShellyBelle
Stats: 352/323/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Re-start 9/15/14
I need support - was lazy and stopped coming to the boards. Didn't work out well. Back on the wagon officially Monday - already dropped 4.5lbs. (water weight, but still nice)
ShellyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote